Infrequent visitor's musings

Botenlauben

from Germany
"Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience. Knowing grass, I can appreciate persistence. (Hal Borland)"
Hello,
I haven't been around for a long time but now it's nice to look around a bit again.
A while ago I had to pull the rip cord one day when I realized that eg The Hive's people were so nice and it was so nice to read and write here that I actually did not do much exercise any more. Instead I checked The Hive, played some online chess, checked news about my favourite football team, made bold plans to speed up my fitness journey, checked The Hive again - and then at some time had to call it a day.
So, much to my regret not the least because of all these fabulous people here, I concentrated on leaving the computer off line and leaving the desk more often instead.
Since then many things have happened, several minor injuries, some time of fed-up-ness probably because of an unheard burst of overtraining :), ups and downs as, I guess, in every other's life as well. Now - similar to the last time when I felt I had to change something drastically to succeed at last - I thought, it might be time to visit this gorgeous site again. Won't be around too often - because of the above mentioned reasons - but it's time to start some programs again.
It's as nice as ever here.
Good training and good day to you all!

Start: Arms of Steel Chair edition
Scheduled finish time: Oct 31st (no need to rush things - did not write a year anyway :) )

Lupus Sheol

Warrior Monk from USA
A while ago I had to pull the rip cord one day when I realized that eg The Hive's people were so nice and it was so nice to read and write here that I actually did not do much exercise any more. Instead I checked The Hive, played some online chess, checked news about my favourite football team, made bold plans to speed up my fitness journey, checked The Hive again - and then at some time had to call it a day.

It's as nice as ever here.
Good training and good day to you all!
:chuckle:The struggle is real! This community is really great, not only for the fitness part but the overall environment. Welcome back @Botenlauben !

Botenlauben

from Germany
"Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience. Knowing grass, I can appreciate persistence. (Hal Borland)"
So, let's put down the BHAGs (Big Hairy Audacious Goals, borrowed that one from Jim Collins) for 2024 to hold myself accountable and to enable everybody to witness if I have become lazy again :) :

1. 1. DAN Shotokan Karate and I want it to be excellent, naaa, Above Average (borrowed that from Mark Lewis)
2. Pass IPPT of the Singapore Armed Forces until my birthday after the following (next one is way to close :) )
3. Complete all Darebee Level 1 programs
4. Complete the Father Hoog Workout of Stew Smith
5. Pass Deutsches Sportabzeichen

Last edited: