Maid to Skate, Born to Ride

Rumi Rosario

Warrior Monk from UK
Pronouns: She/Her
On Monday, 27th of March 2023, I went on a date with my new girlfriend and took us rollerskating at the local skate park I've wanted to go to for months. She got it faster than I did - she's a runner and been doing it for a few years. Me - I've tried to exercise on and off for years.

I got it as well after a while and was able to move, albeit short distances, on my aggressive skates. Finally, something I've wanted to do since I was 18 is coming into fruition, 10 yearslater, made me stupid-hopeful I can get back on the exercise wagon again.

After 2 weeks of logging my meals, I wanted to start working out again. Something not too heavy, since my exercise goals have changed - I no longer just want a buff body, but I need to strengthen my core, glutes and lower body for skating and so 10 minutes rolling round doesn't tire me out.

And then I saw the 90 days of walking. As if by a miracle or coincidence, what I was already doing when I went a city away to see my GF (we walk throughout the slight countryside for about 1 and a half to 2 hours) was now a Program. So today I started, headphones in, Spotify playlist up and walking down the nearby canal then when I reached a half hour away, I doubled-back and got to my apartment.

17/04/23's Workout

90 Days of Walking - Day 1: 60 minutes (Walking Non-Stop)

Back & Core - Day 1: 10m 30s at Level 1

Today's highlight: I've spoken to my GP doctor about being referred to a gender clinic, getting an ADHD diagnosis (and not getting an adult autism diagnosis), and some help with getting therapy. I woke up at 6 am, brushed my teeth and had a bath after my workout. I've counted all my caolries for the day up until lunch, snacks included, and I made my first Hive post.

I've been decently productive today.

Last edited:

Rumi Rosario

Warrior Monk from UK
Thank you the warm welcome, hive!

Today was a struggle at 6am. I did not want to get out of bed, but I'm glad I did. I feel great - tired, but great.

18/04/23's Workout

90 Days of Walking - Day 2: Part 1- 45 minutes (Walking Non-Stop) /// Part 2 - Done at Level 1 (3 Sets)

Back & Core - Day 2: 1m 00s (Stability)

Food Diary

Today's highlight: Treating myself like a runner and lowering the amount of layers I wear while I powerwalk was a good idea. Once I got to the halfway point of the walk, my sleeves were pushed up my arms and I opened the thin rain jacket I was wearing. It got pretty warm, and i was walking in 7 degree weather that felt like 5 degrees with all the wind.

I'm thinking I like this whole exercise daily thing. It feels... good to feel like this. Maybe it's the adrenaline talking. Either way, I'm happy I've done so much before my day's even started.

Last edited:

Rumi Rosario

Warrior Monk from UK
Obliques, lower back and lower abs - tension a 4.5, pain 3 before warming up, lowered when i doubled back, and when i used a muscle soak in the tub - down to tension 2, pain 1.5. Using a heat cream on those muscles and I'm relaxing and staying off my feet the rest of the day. I'm exhausted but not in any pain. Good. Looks like the next two days will be a leisurely stroll down the canal instead of a powerwalk.

19/04/23's Workout

90 Days of Walking - Day 3: Part 1- 45 minutes (Walking Non-Stop) /// Part 2 - Done at Level 1 (3 Sets)

Back & Core - Day 3: 10m 00s (Recovery and Pain Relief)

Food Diary

Today's highlight: I'm oddly proud of myself. I feel freer now that I've gotten into the swing of things.

Rumi Rosario

Warrior Monk from UK
Body still is tight, but that deep-heat cream has worked wonders.

20/04/23's Workout

90 Days of Walking - Day 4: 60 minutes (Nice Recovery Walk Outside)

Back & Core - Day 4: 15m 00s (Core Control)

Food Diary

Today's highlight: Today's walk was with a friend! They asked to go on a walk like we do off-and-on and im glad i went. Weather was great, sun out, nice cold wind, surely a great way to close off this week before I'm off to see my GF over the weekend as usual.

I'm proud of me. I filed and painted my nails and slowly accepting these new parts of me. Wanting to better myself is helping me be confident and less caring about the world and how it sees me. I'mm gonna start treating my body well now. Foot cream, hand cream, skin routine for face with face creams. Body spray, lipstick, whole nine yards - I wanna feel great, and honestly, I'm starting to now.

Rumi Rosario

Warrior Monk from UK
21/04/23's Workout

90 Days of Walking - Day 5: Part 1 - 45 minutes (Walking) /// Part 2 - Done at Level 1 (3 Sets)

Back & Core - Day 5: SWITCHED WITH DAY 6 - Done at Level 1 (3 sets)

22/04/23's Workout

90 Days of Walking - Day : 60 minutes (Walking)

Back & Core - Day 6: SWITCHED WITH DAY 5 - Done (Balance and Control)

Food Diary

Today's highlight: Went on the walk with my GF on day 6 - hardest one yet as it was something of a countryside trial with hills, inclines and stairs up and down larger hill sections. Brutal on the quads, but light on the soul - I was elated when I was done. I didn't really stop once, even if I did slow down from 15min/mile pace to an 18min/mile pace the last quarter length. I'm chuffed. (GF got me a fitbit so now I can track everything MUCH more easily).

Rumi Rosario

Warrior Monk from UK
23/04/23's Workout

90 Days of Walking - Day X: 45 minutes (Walking throughout the day split into 28 mins and 17 mins )

Food Diary

Today's highlight: Took a rest day, physical and mental. As I stay away from the news for my mental health. I found out that Sudan is under fire in a heavy civil war again. A place where people who helped me come out of closet reside and are now displaced. They're safe from what I've been told but the news last night broke me down so I decided to rest everything.

Good news is that I'm able to walk from the train station, which used to take me about 30 min on average to 20 mins on average. This daily walking is doing me good.

Rumi Rosario

Warrior Monk from UK
24/04/23's Workout

90 Days of Walking - Day 7: 90 minutes

Back & Core - Day 7: Done at Level 1 (3 sets)

Food Diary

Today's highlight: 5.47 miles (9.23km) for that 90 minute walk - I even broke into a 30sec jog after going down an incline that didnt feel as hard as i thought it would be. I think this might be my introduction into doing running for exercise. I'm just going to be over here nursing blisters in the meantime.

Rumi Rosario

Warrior Monk from UK
Thank you for the support! Blister's well looked after - GF had some blister patches and has been checking in and making me check in on my body and how everything feels so I dont overdo it and overtrain.

26/04/23's Workout

90 Days of Walking - Day 8: 60 minutes

Food Diary

Today's highlight: I used Mapometer to make myself a route for the first time. I should've known something like this would've been made for people like us. walking for an hour only "hurts" once I get to the 40min mark of a long walk. but I was able to do a lot

Last edited:

Rumi Rosario

Warrior Monk from UK
Took another off-day to rest my foot off the blister. It was pretty painful this morning.

Today's Highlight: I finished the Food Safety Level 2 course I was doing to bolster my CV and I passed it with flying colors! Im now fork lift certified - I'm able to grab a fork and lift it to make food for others.

Last edited:

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
Happy Birthday :fireworks: