My Adventure Called Life

MamaBear

from Arkansas
"Sometimes the why is more important than the action."
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. I started the Foundation program yesterday and did one set. I tried to get back to it but kept getting distracted. I think I came up with a workable schedule this morning I will do one set at 10am, at 12pm and at 2pm. This will allow me to get the three reps for level one in before I get off work. Those of you that are seasoned do you think this will keep me on track?

MamaBear

from Arkansas
I read through a post @Damer put out about the why behind your fitness. I woke up this morning and my legs were sore. Nothing terrible or that I couldn't handle but in the back of my mind there was this dread. When I was younger I played fast pitch softball. I was a pitcher. I also was in track. I did the triple jump, the long jump, sprint, discus and shotput. I am saying all this to explore the meaning behind my dread and possibly my weight gain and lack of desire to get fit again. That first year as a pitcher I remember that my dad had me out in the backyard and I threw the ball over and over at a netting to bounce it back to me while he said again. do it again. That Saturday I am not sure now how long it was but I remember on Sunday I could barely move my legs ached and were so sore. We had to go to the store and I could barely walk I cried and cried. I remember him telling me I was faking and that I was lazy. I never played softball again. I really loved the game and did like to play. That was the only year I was in track, too. The long runs and him pushing me to do the moves over and over again. I developed bronchospasms and pleurisy from it. I really loved track. I competed in the state meet and placed 5th in the triple jump. I really do hate that I never went back. I think it could have change how I lived life after that.

This morning I was dreading the workout today. The thoughts were if it is like that again I will quit. I looked at day 2. It really wasn't that bad. But I do feel I need to deal with these feeling and be kind to myself about them. I am going to add some meditation and some stretching to my routine so that I can still workout and not have fear stand in my way.
Foundation Day 2 1st set done.

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Hugs, interesting this is bringing back memories of being pushed too hard, and being told of not listening to your body. Those are hard wrong lessons as a kid... Stretching will help prevent / alleviate DOMS, and therefore your fear of it. And one set is enough. YOU do enough.

EnbyFitness

Boxer Pronouns: they/them
"doing grad school and getting buff"
It sounds like that was really hard for you, and it makes total sense why this memory would come up again and be a reason you dread working out. Like those above said, be kind to yourself, and be proud that you're doing something. Wherever you start, you're on the right track. :heart:

Deadoks

Viking from Belgium
"Berserker"
Foundation Day 2 1st set done.
Is it foundation or foundation light that you do ?
You should do foundation light, baseline or even Vitality, recover, square one... they're difficulty 0.5 to 1 especially if you struggle already.
Take it form the very beginning, even if recovery or vitality looks easy, they have some stretch included.

MamaBear

from Arkansas
I wanted to post yesterday once I had finished work, but I left 30 minutes late. Some people quit so I am being nurse and secretary at my school. It was a really busy day yesterday and I am doing the same thing today. I have walked the building twice today already. I have been back and forth to my office.

I have to say that I have been sleeping better every night even when I do only one set. The thing that has surprised me the most is that my mood has been so great! I hadn't even noticed how down I had been until I felt better. Yesterday Foundation Day 2 one set.

@Deadoks I choose to start with Foundation. I will look at the other ones you meantioned.

My husband asked me about the workouts last night. I told him about the community here and how encouraging you guys have been. He said he doesn't how time to workout. He works at a steel fabrication shop and works 10-12 hours a days 5-6 days a week. I tried to encourage him to look at the foundation program.

@Montserrat I hope that I can find some that are fun to do and don't seem like such a chore. My husband and I love to hike but we work every other weekend and it seems like wwe are too busy to get out there.

Thank you everyone for the encouragement. I am believing I can get past this.

I thought I posted this yesterday before I left work, but I didn't.

Good morning, beautiful is done this morning. :worried:

MamaBear

from Arkansas
Good Morning or Afternoon Bees!

I am still doing well though I had a busy week then another busy weekend. I did not workout this weekend since I was baking. A friend ordered a cake for her daughter's 18th birthday so I spent time cleaning house, baking and decorating the cake.... also I prep on the weekend for the upcoming week for my litter. The cake was a success and she loved it.

I am hoping to get back to my workout routine this week but with no new help at work it might be more of a challege than it was before. I am going to try to do a little something every hour if I can. Even small steps are still steps. I started tracking my weight this time around on my fitness pal on January 17th. I weighed yesterday and I have lost 7 pounds. I want to be healthy no matter what the number happens to be. I would like to lose about 20 pounds.... however, maybe I just need my clothes to fit better and have more energy to go on hikes with @PapaBear and our cubs.

Attachments

• 20240210_145411.jpg
    20240210_145411.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 6

MamaBear

from Arkansas
Good morning Bees,

Well yesterday was a busy day and no workout. Today should be better as the students are testing and that usaully means a quiet day. :hooray:quietly! I expect to have a great workout day today. Talked with @PapaBear last night about breaking our workouts into manageable pieces. I work at a school and he works in a metal shop. We talked about maybe focusing on arms one day, legs another day, core another day, cardio, etc. We didn't come to a solution but thought 5-10 minute workouts three or four times a day might be something we could manage.

I am also thinking our diet needs a little help. Yesterday I was not very hungry so I didn't eat very much. I am going to try to find out how much fruits and veggies we should be eating and see if I can add more to our menu. I have a menu that spans 13 weeks. It includes breakfast and lunch for a full week with various supper meals. I usually make everything at home. There are a few things I buy premade or in boxes like pizza and mac-n-cheese. If anyone has any advice about diet please feel free to offer your advice. Please remember that we are a large family with six children ages 16-7. We both work average paying jobs and have the usual bills that people have.

I will post more probably near the days end about the workout I fit in today. Have a great day! :moves:

MamaBear

from Arkansas
Yesterday, I forogt to hit post...

I did get a workout in! :hooray: :kungfu:

I am still working on Foundation. I am pn day three and I got two sets in so far. I am hoping to do another set right before students dismiss for the day. I also got two sets of feel good now.

Foundation
Day 3: 2 sets
Feel Good Now: 2 sets
Steps: 5,732

GOALS:
47 pounds to go
Foundation: 3 sets per day
Add-On: 3 sets per day
Yoga/ Stretching: 3 sets per day
Walk: 15,000 steps
Food: 6 veggies/fruit per day

MamaBear

from Arkansas
I am still going to work on Foundation. I feel like I need to add some meditation/ yoga-type activity to my workout. I also think I need to add some stretching exercises to my routine as well to keep me going without the tightness I am feeling now. I have looked arounf but I am open to some suggestions. I also think I need to focus on just one thing with my diet. I was diagnosed with reactive hypoglycemia about ten years ago and have tried to maintain a good blood sugar. However, I have not done the best with it. I have tried to watch what I am eating, craving and going too when I am think I need to eat. I think I need to focus on eating more fruits and vegetables. But I asked myself this morning... What causes weight loss? Is it reduced calories? Is it healthier eating? Is it cardio? Is it resistance training? Is it yoga or mediation training? What actually causes people to lose weight?

Goal for 2/15
Foundation Day 5: 3 sets
Farmer: 2 sets
Steps: 8,000
Weight: 220 pounds (update on Saturday)

GOAL FOR JUNE 14, 2024:
Weight: 200 pounds
Walk: 15,000 steps per day

graoumia

None from France
"Doing Fighter codex / Epic Five"
Hello @MamaBear
this is a very good question, you can find a lot of guides here, search weight in the filter, you should find a lot of informations. I would answer the balance between how much calories you put in and out, so it is a bit of everything. And you will have to find what works for you. Stress reduction is not easy but could help.
I fully agree with your diet plan, eat better, and take your time, you have already a lot of things to do.
:heartsit:

MamaBear

from Arkansas
I came up with a meal plan this morning.

Breakfast: 2 eggs + 1 grain + 2 small fruit + milk
Lunch: 1 protein + 1 grain + 2 veggie (1 starch, 1 non-starchy) + water
Supper: 1 protein + 1 grain + 1 bean + 1 green vegetable + kefir

Snack #1: 1 dairy + 1 fruit
Snack #2: 1 protein + 1 fruit + herbal tea
PRN Snack: Variety + herbal tea

I paired the Foundations Day 1-9 with an add on workout. I think I will repeat these next week again then possibly move on to the next set. I am still really doing this on my own. I am going to try to implement some of this into my husband and children's diet since I am in charge of meals.

I have felt pretty good this week even though some days are not that great and I didn't do well. Today I don't feel the best even though I felt good this morning. I am trying to figure out why that is. I will have lunch here shortly and maybe that will help. I ran out of strips so I haven't been checking my blood sugar. That could be the problem that I am running low right now. I am hopeful that tomorrow will be good even though I am working a 12 hour shift and next week will be better.

Done for 2/15
Foundation Day 5: 3 sets
Farmer: 3 sets
Basic stretches: 2 sets
Steps: 8,016

Goal for 2/16
Foundation Day 6: 3 sets
Workout I needed Today: 3 sets

GOAL FOR JUNE 14, 2024:

MamaBear

from Arkansas
I felt ok working Saturday. Then Sunday I felt so bad. I had a fever and was so tired. My son was also sick and had fever. Today he tested positive for strep. So.... I am going to try to keep going. My husband has not gotten on board with the whole workout thing. I am going to try to keep at it. I didn't do well yesterday and today is not much better. There is several kinds of sickness going around the school and I have had so many students in and out of the office today. I sent five home due to illness and several more went home. I was busy all day. This is the first that I have gotten to update my post. I know that I will need to find some way to help with my stress. Working out is not a stress reliever for me. I do like walking but I don't seem to have time after work. At work I have to be in my office in case kids are sick. I would like to walk on the weekend but that doesn't work well either. I am hopful that I can have my daughter take an updated picture of me and my husband this weekend when we go on a hike. It should be sunny....

Done for 2/19
Foundation Day 6: 2 sets
Workout I needed today: 1 set
Steps: 4,935
Weight: 223 pounds (update on Saturday)

Done for 2/20
Foundation Day 7: 1 set
Dumbell Tricep: 1 set
Steps: 7,031

Goal for 2/21
Foundation Day 8: 3 sets
Yoga: 3 sets

GOAL FOR JUNE 14, 2024:

MamaBear

from Arkansas
I think I will have to come up with a new plan.... I did not start this project as an athlete or even a fit person. I did not workout regularly. I just lived life and didn't worry about my activity level. I have been known to ride a bike, jump on a trampoline and hike up a mountain. Trying to do several sets of foundations a day has been hard on me. My legs finally stopped hurting yesterday. I have noticed that my muscles seem overly tight, not that I have been stiff. I am and have been a very flexible person. I am still going to follow my eating plan. But I am going to alter my workouts to better fit me and keep me from quiting.

I started 30 days of Yoga. I will continue Foundations but only push for one set a day. I started Unbound. I am also going to try to warm-up in the mornings. Then try some before bed wind downs that will help with my wound up and tense feeling.

Done for 2/21
4-minute warmup: 1 set
30 days of Yoga: 1 set
Foundation Day 8: 1 sets
Unbound: 1 set
Steps: 5,095

GOAL FOR JUNE 14, 2024:

Deadoks

Viking from Belgium
"Berserker"
I told you to not continue with Foundation that is a difficulty 2
And to do one of these difficulty 1 programs!

Unbound is a difficulty 2 also...

Difficulty 1 to 5 are there for a reason and if you struggle with sets of foundation you should go lower and do the 0.5 to 1 difficulty and see if you can do the sets level 1, 2 or 3...