Not Just For Christmas

vmatt

Hi all :hello: Nice to be here. I've popped on Darebee on and off for years, but finally fancied joining you lovely people if there is the room spare?

In September, my partner of 10 years decided it was time to move on and so I've been in the process of sorting my mind out since then. I ran away to Barcelona for a bit, met some new people, called up my therapist. Now I'm in a pretty good place - I'd say 80-90% comfortable - and enjoying (patiently!) creating the next me.

I've attacked my financial mindset, my diet (I'm vegan but have recently eaten much healthier - with no feeling of sacrifice), and now is the time to move a bit more. I'm a software engineer so the desk is my master, unfortunately.

The plan is to enjoy myself at all times, and make permanent, manageable changes that are open to adjustment at any time. I'm not here to break my spirit, much less my body.

To break it down to a daily check-in... today (Thursday 29th Dec, it's just ticked over midnight here) I plan to...
  • First day of the yoga challenge on Adidas Training
  • Get to sleep before 1am tonight
Great to meet you all :welcome:

Matt

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
Happy New Year
:fireworks:

JohnStrong

Commando from Alberta
"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Socrates"
Happy New Year 🥳
:fireworks:

vmatt

Thank you @JohnStrong ! Much appreciated :happy:

Didn't do the second workout yesterday. That's OK. I did some reading in the evening though - a book by Pete Egoscue - I think this is going to be very helpful for me. I have quite annoying over pronation in my (flat) feet, which affects the chain all the way up my body as far as I can tell. Knees point in, hips point in, upper body falls forward, neck falls forward.

Improving this chain is my main focus!

Today:
:v: Day 2 of Breathe and Flow Ritual Yoga Program
:v: 15 minute Adidas Workout Creator Full-body + adding some pushups to save the world on here
:v: Plan Egoscue exercises in to my work days

Edit: All complete! I also did the Egoscue exercises, as well as writing them up to do at lunch times during work.

Last edited: