Rumi's Road to Mastery

Rumi Rosario

Warrior Monk from UK
Pronouns: She/Her
It started days before the dawn of 2024.

Myself and my partner-in-crime @Serendipity_Lemon had a long, long talk. With seasonal depression hitting us like a truck, we both knew that heading into the new year, we had to change it up. I decided to dust off the bass guitar I bought as a gift to myself at the height of my depression (we're both autistic and have some flavor of ADD or ADHD), got into Gunpla and actually use duolingo to learn a new language.

And I'm going to track every new habit I form to get some proper data by end of the year.

But let's start with the first few steps, shall we?

0530 Tues 2nd of Jan, '24
5m Warm-up; 1 min run, 1.5m walk (8 sets); 5m Cooldown

0530 Thurs 4th of Jan, '24

1700 Sun 7nd of Jan, '24

Bass Guitar Streak (with rest days for fingers) - 6 days
Duolingo Streak - 11 days (started before 2024, which is a feat for me)
Gunpla Built - 1

I sit here writing this off the throes of a two-day debilitating toothache (which thankfully got resolved with the offending tooth having been pulled earlier today), I feel that itch to run in my speed force; I know that rest days are just as important though, so I'm not writing off shifting the entire week's runs off by a day to still stay within the days I want to run on. I have my ankle and knee braced since running at a heavier weight has its downsides, but I'm relatively happy with my progress so far.

Using the app "Just Run" and it's Zero to 5K program has felt good this week. I've gone from starting at a 14m mile on the first day to a consistent 12min mile with being able to push hard at a 10'30 mile pace on the last few rounds.

Week 1 is done and I'm super pleased with everything I've accomplished.

Rumi Rosario

Warrior Monk from UK
0542 Wed 10th of Jan, '24
5m Warm-up; 1.5 min run, 2m walk (6 sets); 5m Cooldown

Bass Guitar Streak (with rest days for fingers) - 8 days
Duolingo Streak - 13 days
Gunpla Built - 1

Today was a step up from last week. Had to go back down to 13min pace - a push more since it's a longer running interval plus an extra minute in total but I did it! Last 'set' was at a 10.30 mile pace.

Rumi Rosario

Warrior Monk from UK
0628 Thurs 11th of Jan, '24

bone-strength-workout.jpg

Modified "Bone Strength" Workout to incoporate forearm exercises. Alt bicep curls and shoulder presses done using 4kg dumbbells. Forearm curls done using 2kg dumbbells.

Bass Guitar Streak (with rest days for fingers) - 9 days
Duolingo Streak - 14 days
Gunpla Built - 2nd being build!

Haven't done strength training in a while, so I chose weights where it was lower than what I'd like to think I could use. Better instill proper technique as not to injure myself down the line.

Last edited:

Rumi Rosario

Warrior Monk from UK
0555 Wed 12th of Jan, '24
5m Warm-up; 1.5 min run, 2m walk (6 sets); 5m Cooldown

Bass Guitar Streak (with rest days for fingers) - 10 days
Duolingo Streak - 15 days
Gunpla Built - 2nd being built!

I don't know what fascinates me more - how crazy rest days are for progress or that the human body is such a versatile biomachine. Today felt easier again, which is both scary and awe inspiring. Can't say I'm not a little proud of myself, and I'm just getting started.

Last edited:

Rumi Rosario

Warrior Monk from UK
0755 Sat 13th of Jan, '24

Modified "Bone Strength" Workout
to incoporate forearm exercises. Alt bicep curls and shoulder presses done using 4kg dumbbells. Forearm curls done using 2kg dumbbells.

Bass Guitar Streak (with rest days for fingers) - 11 days
Duolingo Streak - 16 days
Gunpla Built - 2nd being build!