Shield maiden workout?

Germanamazon

Hi darebees,
Could I have some help and input? I checked out the training plans here on the site, but I am looking at turning myself into a viking warrior shield maiden.
Has anyone done a training plan for that? Which workouts can someone recommend for it from the site?
I am an absolute beginner, but I work best with a goal (don't we all?) and shield maiden just calls to my heart.

Thank you very much for any help!

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
The combat-based programs are also maybe a good lead for you - even if it is difficulty 3, try it with the least reps (level I) to see if you can deal with them! Fighter's Codex is fun. Less combat-oriented, but as good energy-releasing programs, Spartan Trials and Combat HIIT could be good options too.
Have fun, and show'em the true power of a shield maiden / German Amazon!

Last edited:

Germanamazon

The combat-based programs are also maybe a good lead for you - even if it is difficulty 3, try it with the least reps (level I) to see if you can deal with them! Fighter's Codex is fun. Less combat-oriented, but as good energy-releasing programs, Spartan Trials and Combat HIIT could be good options too.
Have fun, and show'em the true power of a shield maiden / German Amazon!
I will check them out too. Fighter's codex sounds fun to do. Spartan trials? If the name is an indication that one is going to be rough! Spartan training was harsh.

Shikari

Mystic from R'lyeh
"The wind breathes where it wills and you hear its sound, but you don’t know where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit"
Sorry this post will be lengthy.

If you have hand weights or dumbbells about, you could try some of those exercises... There are 101 weight workouts. Here are a few good ones:

These all help build power and resilience. For overall physical activity fun, you are in the right place! Here are some non-weight strength exercises that are fun:

This one works REALLY well if you have 2 water bottles that you can grip well.