Square one - Day 1 and 2 log

John Doe

Hero Posts: 11
Wanted to personally log in my days, unsure if there is a private option or not but if anyone comes across this pay me no mind.

Decided to start the square one program, I've constantly overdid a "exercise" journey for as long as I can remember. I constantly overstepped my body's boundaries and now after having a taste of physical therapy some months back and for once in my life capturing progress I've finally seen that little things day by day add up and these little things are unnoticeable until you test yourself. My ultimate goal for 2024 is to lose a significant amount of weight at a healthy pace, around 100lbs which is of course mixed with a lot of variables like water weight and such. It is achievable but I need to take progressive steps rather than starting at the same difficulty just to burn myself out or strain my body that Im unable to mentally do it again the next day.

Day 1 - Did in the morning before work, felt alright , although spontaneous my body can actually handle it. I won't look down on the program or my "potential ", I must start at square one and appreciate the habit of exercise. Not for the goal but the activity must be something I do on a constant basis weaved into my life someway. The sit to stand was a bit difficult , I noticed I was using momentum to stand so I made sure to engage my core and use my other parts to create the standing motion. Physical therapy for my knee taught me to notice some of those bad habits that make up for a weak spot.

Day 2 - Finished around my curfew, I forgot to do it this morning as I'm still adjusting to an early schedule to make time to exercise and snoozed the alarm a bunch. My lower body is my strongest and most utilized part, my upper body needs much work as it gets fatigued very easily and is the weak spot that makes me solely rely on my legs and hips and back when moving heavy objects. As simple as the sets were my upper arm, shoulders, and neck felt tired through the movement and holds. Glad I was able to work on it today.