This one could be lots of fun, video?

Shikari

Mystic from R'lyeh
"The wind breathes where it wills and you hear its sound, but you don’t know where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit"
Re: Tai Chi in workouts.

I keep looking at this workout, hoping that Darebee will dust it off and produce a companion video. The sequence is hard to follow without watching someone do the movements and following along.

Shikari

Mystic from R'lyeh
"The wind breathes where it wills and you hear its sound, but you don’t know where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit"
I know. It's very difficult to interpret the movements from the pictures. Seeing a Darebee video of it would be nice.

Henryk

Warrior Posts: 62
"The truest SUCCESS is but the development of self."
Re: Tai Chi in workouts.
The sequence is hard to follow
Just follow the lines, they show the movement direction.

Learn step by step, don't try to memorize the whole sequence in one go. From figure 1 the arms raise above the head, the arms move to the right and as you do you step to the left and both arms and stance are like figure 4. Keep practicing this till you have it down pat.

Moving on, the right arm sweeps back, hand is in a chop position. as you sweep the right arm forward you step with the right foot. Not seen is the left hand which comes to the waist palm down, the right hand will first sweep palm up then turn palm out, as you step back with the right, left hand sweeps back and comes forward as a chop and right hand sweeps back and palm turns up.

Figure 8 step forward and sweep right hand back and over for a block. 9 both hands at the hips palms up, step forward and thrust. Both arms circle back and the weight shifts back, right foot joins left. Step to the right (feet as shown), arms circle and as the hands come to a close shift the foot back and your in starting position.

This is my interpretation.

Last edited:

Shikari

Mystic from R'lyeh
I'm a visual learner so, for me, seeing the movements in real time is important.