Time to be Better

Cogaidh

Guardian Posts: 1
I've been in a horrible rut for the past few months. I had been on a exercise journey but in March, my workout partner and best friend Echo, my 2 year old german shepherd, died of pathogen caused bone cancer. It's left me quite apathetic towards my physical and mental health, but I need to be better, it's time to be better. I will be my parents' caregiver when their house gets finished in the next month, being there if they need me and turning their 8.5 acre property into a self sufficient homestead. I need to get fit physically so I can lift my parents if needed and to build what is needed in the house and on the property. I am not in a good physical shape, but I'm working on cutting my one vice, soda, out of my diet.

I'm starting with Arms of Steel Chair Edition and Baseline Challenges, are there any other challenges or workouts that y'all would recommend for an overweight limp noodle? I can heft and throw 50lb (22.6kg) feed sacks for my job stocking a farm store, but I get exhausted and loose upper body strength quickly.

Workout so far: AoSCE Day 1 Level 3, Baseline Day 1 Level 3