90 Days

colin

Bard from Wales
Pronouns: He/Him
"Starting again"
Nadolig Llawen PSW and all bees. Thank you Laura!

I'm doing okay. My partner is back after a successful work trip. I've done some running and yoga and swimming. My shoulder is improving but not completely better. We're traveling at the moment and return home tomorrow.

I hope to return to my program then or on Tuesday.

Happy new year everyone. X

colin

Bard from Wales
"Starting again"
Thank you MamaT and PSW.

On we go.

I did something today:

Back on the Fighter programme:

Combat workout. I tried to do a Montrait Muay Thai video but it was too much for me, so I did Rogue Princess workout from Darebee. Very good.

Nico Marie is doing a New Year 30 day yoga challenge so I did Day 1 of that, a nice, gentle practice.

And day 1 of 1 minute hiit.

My shoulder is still pretty bad so I need to take things a little easy. I've booked to see a physio. We'll see.

Thank you for the support and I hope to show it back to you all. :)

colin

Bard from Wales
"Starting again"
Thank you Maega! It's stopped raining here and that helps. . .

HIIT Day.

20 minute Fitness KayKay Hiit. Survivable.
Day 4 of Nico Marie 30-day yoga, hip opening stuff. Quite challenging for me.
Day 3 of 1-minute HIIT. Mountain climbers mostly.

All fine. I'm loosening up a bit I think but I'm quite sore quite a lot of the time. I think things will continue to improve but I need to make sure I don't do damage by not resting.

On we go.

colin

Bard from Wales
"Starting again"
Thank you Nancy, Laura, and PSW!

I'm doing fine. Took a day off yesterday after overdoing in on Monday.

I had physio on my shoulder and hamstring last week. I have some exercises to do. It's all getting better slowly.

I've done yoga every day since January 1st.

Still doing 1-minute HIIT and Fighter programme. I'm doing the Montrait Muay Thai 90-day challenge from the beginning again, as I injured myself just as I was coming to the end of it last time.

On we go. x

colin

Bard from Wales
"Starting again"
Thank you, Maega and PSW (also Luna of course).

:hello:

Shoulder pain dragging on but getting lesser. Hamstring stuff is, I think, sort of permanent, and just How I Am now. OK. It's not terrible. And definitely gets better when I do yoga.

I had a couple of days of doing nothing, for no good reason I can remember.

So, I've started the 90 day challenge again. And returned to 1-minute HIIT and my 30-day yoga challenge.

All is OK really. :)

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Guess you are condemned to regular hamstring stretches, as I am condemned to regular exercises to protect / realign / reimforce that dratted right knee. Gotta learn and go with your body's specificities! Nevertheless, hugs for starting again. Dragons may slumber from time to time, but they do wake up!

colin

Bard from Wales
"Starting again"
Thank you for the likes!

Still going along. I was up to date. And then I wasn't.

I've had an appointment about ADHD with my GP (general doctor) and I have a telephone interview the week after next.

I had a few days off, but I'm starting again today on:

Yoga of some sort every day.
Fighter training plan.
1-minute HIIT.
Montrait Muay Thai 90-day challenge.

And that's what I've done today!

I hope everyone is OK. And I hope to see you all soon. x :)

colin

Bard from Wales
"Starting again"
Hey hey!

Trying to take it easy on myself...

I think that's not always the best. Because I do make excuses and I need to remember that the symptoms that make me less likely to exercise are made very much better by exercise.

Catch 22 innit.

Run today: 6km.
Yoga
1-minute HIIT Day 22. Abs.

On we go. x :)

colin

Bard from Wales
"Starting again"
Thank you everyone. I'm very grateful.

Today:

Montrait Muay Thai 90-day challenge, week 1, session 1.
Nico Marie 30 day Yoga, day 27, yin yoga - very nice!
1-minute HIIT day - climbers mainly. Ooh, how I hate climbers!

I still have shoulder issues. I'm just going to try to take things easy to an extent but it seems to be ongoing. . .

We went for a walk. It feels like spring here.

I hope to meditate today. And to do a Welsh lesson.

And to get around some of your threads!

On we go. x :)

colin

Bard from Wales
"Starting again"
Hey hey!

Thank you for the support.

Ups and downs as usual. I've gone a little further through the process of getting an ADHD diagnosis and it's all been a bit of a rollacoaster to be honest.

But I'm alive and kicking still.

Not the most constant exercising, but I've now finished the 30-days of 1-minute HIIT. A great programme that I highly recommend.

And I finished Nico Marie's New Year 30 day challenge. Again, I highly recommend her channel on YouTube - she is Black Yogi Nico Marie.

I've now started training for my first 10k of the year, which is at the end of April.

I'm going to stick to my general programme with one change. Doing an extra HIIT programme was too much and I think that's where most of my injury problems were coming from.

So I'm doing the Fighter Programme to my own timetable:

Sunday: Montrait Muay Thai 90-Day Challenge (I'm starting week 2 tomorrow)
Monday: Intermediate length run, football
Tuesday: Montrait Muay Thai 90-Day Challenge
Wednesday: Short run
Thursday: HIIT. Usually a Fitness KayKay YouTube one.
Friday: Full body strength. Whatever I can find and works with injuries - my shoulder is the biggest issue so I have to be careful of weights and press ups.
Saturday: Long run.

I'm going to try to do Yoga as often as I can, but not set targets on it. It's nice if it's every day and I'm doing another Nico Marie Yoga challenge - 7-day one this time - starting now.

We go on holiday at the end of March. If things get complicated by that that's fine, I'm hoping to keep up the running though.

Today I did my 6k run.

Thank you Bees. Have lovely days.

Maegaranthelas

Bard from The Netherlands
Pronouns: They/them
"I sing and I know things"
Congrats on the 1-minute HIIT :fireworks:
yeah finding out in adulthood that you're neurodivergent can be quite the roller coaster.
But it is also really helpful in retrospectively making sense of things, and giving yourself better tools moving forward.
Sounds like you have an awesome workout plan and goal lined up! I hope your shoulder plays nice :love:

colin

Bard from Wales
"Starting again"
Hey hey Bees.

I thought I should check in. . .

I'm doing OK.

I've had time pressures so I'm a bit stripped down and focusing on keeping up the training plan for my first 10k in a couple of weeks and the 90-day challenge from Montrait Muay Thai.

I do other things too, including yoga when I can, and plenty of walking. Oh, and I went swimming this morning.

And, I might try to add some more things too, though it will be within the context of the Fighter Programme I think.

Thank you for all the congratulations my friends. I hope you are all well and I'll try to be social here!

colin

Bard from Wales
"Starting again"
Thank you everyone!

I did my 10k today and got a personal best of 49:31. It was a lovely day. A new one for me.

I've got another one in three weeks!

I'm going to try to get back into the Fighter programme as well, but the focus is still on keeping things sustainable for me (I have overdone it and injured myself a number of times before).

I think I'll try to come back to posting/journaling here too.

x Have lovely days Bees. x