Finding the Magic again.

Warlock

Warlock from The Netherlands
"Healing"
Hey all, it has been a long time. So long, that I had to make a new account, apparently. Years ago, when I was still a teenager, this website motivated me to get into fitness. Starting with keeping track of pushups and adding a martial arts program from the community on here to do. Eventually I started getting into different sports, like Krav Maga, Crossfit and even Powerlifting. I stopped using the site, as I was in the gym a lot anyhow (a couple of years after starting with using the site). Fast forward to now. I am working part time, finishing up my studies and stopped being active. The thing is, I was in a relationship with someone. She wasn't a big fan of the gym / or an active or 'macho' lifestyle. For the past 9 months, I haven't been to the gym with any regularity or exercised much at all. Talking about nutrition also was a 'trigger', so my foodintake is well. All over the place. A little under 2 weeks ago, we broke up. A friend was visiting me this Thursday, after which he was going to the gym with another friend. I decided to tag along, which meant paying 1/3 of a monthly subscription for a one day pass. Well. I'm still sore. I tried dips, could get to 7 without weight. Tried pull-ups, 4 without weight. Tried benchpress, around 7 reps with 45 kilo, tried deadlifts, and regret doing them now.

Anyhow, I decided to check out this website again. I mean, it was where I started a while back, maybe I can find the magic again by doing it this way. I have zero clue which program to go with first, my last (long time ago) experience with training has been 4x/week powerlifting programs, so my mindset to training is a little different from the programs presented on this site now.

For today I think I'll just start with getting some steps in.

Warlock

Warlock from The Netherlands
"Healing"
Thank you all, still getting better. 7k steps today, went to the store for groceries.
39MP

Regarding the Magic Points my idea is to train 'spells', where each spell is a certain exercise. Like pushups. Or bench presses. The same person invited me to come along to the gym again today. I'm happy about that, though sad I'm still too ill to tag along.

neilarey

Administrator
DAREBEE Team
Shieldmaiden from Greece
"Trust The Awesomeness"
Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday GIF by Jelene