Getting that mojo back

heeropotter

from Philippines
It has been quite a long time since I was myself. It started in 2019 when I frequent the gym at midnight so that less people are using the equipment. And then I started falling. There were times I go and there are times I just go only to take a selfie. Then Taal volcano erupted the first month of 2020. The gym had to close for several months because of the havoc it made in the city. Not long after, COVID struck. The gym has reopened, but there is a limited use of members. It came to the point where I had to withdraw my membership because it is just a waste of money. During the entire pandemic I tried to get my mojo back but I couldn’t catch up anymore so I just settled with TOTALS workout.

The exercises I do for my TOTALS are these, not necessarily all of the exercises in one day:

300 push-ups

200 climbers

200 shoulder taps

250 jumping jacks

300 punches

300 lunges

200 high knees

200 butt kicks

200 Plank rotations

200 squats

And as I have some equipment at home I also do

120 bicep curls

200 weighted squats

heeropotter

from Philippines
December 03: It was on the third day already when I saw FIT DECEMBER but since it looked easy, I decided to catch up and did all three days in one day since I am not doing any program.

December 04: Even if FIT DECEMBER is already offering hall passes, I still decided to do all three days of exercises in one day and therefore, on my actual 2nd day since I started FIT DECEMBER, I already completed 6 days of it.

Remember, it is TOTALS that I have been doing, and completing all three days of exercises in one day is no exception. Perhaps it is not ideal but in the past, I have been struggling to finish multiple programs whenever I try doing several exercises from two or more programs in one day. I can do it in the first week, and then I begin to skip because of other life activities that eat my time. then I will try to add to the current day the stacked exercises that I missed. As a result, it didn't feel right because it wasn't right. it was just like punishing my body.

Oh, and btw, as a favorite workout, I always include my daily routine with 300 push-ups.

heeropotter

from Philippines
i felt a sense of accomplishment today (mentally) as i was able to read 30 pages from the book i am currently reading. i was also moved so i quoted Gandhi on a facebook post:

ONLY HE WHO IS SMITTEN WITH THE ARROWS OF LOVE KNOWS ITS POWER
Gandhi, driven by guilt, confessed his sins to his father in a heartfelt letter, even though he feared that he would cause his father pain. For this reason, he asked his father not to punish himself for Gandhi’s offense but instead give Gandhi himself the appropriate punishment he deserved for committing the offenses he confessed.
Having no recollection of his father laying his hands on his kids to punish them, Gandhi saw the eyes of his father welling after reading his confession. Right there and then, Gandhi’s letter struck his heart like an arrow. It was so sincere he read it once again despite the letter being soaked in his tears already. Then he began to cry again. The sight of his father’s tears slipping down his letter struck Gandhi’s heart like an arrow and made him cry as well.

...and of course exercises of 300 push-ups and both level 3 of this and this.

Attachments

• me.png
    me.png
    373 KB · Views: 2

heeropotter

from Philippines
no video again today. nevertheless, I did 300 push-ups, level 3 of both this and this doing a weighted sitting twist of the latter. I was only able to read 4 pages of my book because I decided to watch a French movie "Close"... plus a little walk in the park.

Attachments

• 416809646_381791190884725_9060670496604289338_n.jpg
    416809646_381791190884725_9060670496604289338_n.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 1

heeropotter

from Philippines
i am happy i can do the things i want to do. 300 push-ups, Level 3 of both this and this, read 11 pages of the book i am currently reading, and finished watching a gay-themed romantic comedy Red, White & Royal Blue. I am also excited to be able to complete 15 Consecutive Days of Exercise tomorrow.

Attachments

• taylor-zakhar-perez-and-nicholas-galitzine-mag-rollout-2-080923-178a7ef11fd94e69ac5223cfce756b...png
    taylor-zakhar-perez-and-nicholas-galitzine-mag-rollout-2-080923-178a7ef11fd94e69ac5223cfce756b...png
    613 KB · Views: 1

heeropotter

from Philippines
having completed that 5-minute plank in a go, I decided to continue it today by doing the FIRST THING PLANK HOLD 30-DAY CHALLENGE starting this morning. It was difficult but I would like to surpass last night's record so I endured it and maxed a 5min19s and 52ms on the first set.... and with only 30s interval, I am happy to still manage it to 2m01s and 11ms for the second set.

heeropotter

from Philippines
I am now more determined to build up my profile, and myself of course. As a display of my resolve, I unlocked another achievement today (I have unlocked this previously in the old Darebee before all my records were erased as well as the 5minute plank in one go).

Today I unlocked 55 push-ups in one go (for the required 50). as usual i did level 3 of both this and this plus 325 push-ups in total. i would still have loved to do another (and the last) circuit of Active Plank Workouts Collection to complete it but.... let's see, because i am already on my four episodes today of BEEF. Ooops! yes i also read my book: 41 pages today.

Tomorrow is another day and another challenge for me to start: no sugar and no salt.

heeropotter

from Philippines
I am not on any meal plan at the moment but I do intermittent fasting. it is now time to eat: with no salt (this is not my first rodeo with no salt and no sugar). today I cooked pasta. I did not put sriracha and parmesan because they contain sodium. to make the dish less bland, I put garlic chips, moringa powder, and chili powder which I all made by myself from scratch. buon appetito! oh hey, no junkfood? this will be pretty easy for me.

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
"Striving to be the change."
I am not on any meal plan at the moment but I do intermittent fasting. it is now time to eat: with no salt (this is not my first rodeo with no salt and no sugar). today I cooked pasta. I did not put sriracha and parmesan because they contain sodium. to make the dish less bland, I put garlic chips, moringa powder, and chili powder which I all made by myself from scratch. buon appetito! oh hey, no junkfood? this will be pretty easy for me.
Looks delicious!