Gremlin’s Gazette

mandyv85

from Texas, USA
Okay so I just stumbled upon this community last night while trying to find workouts, stretches, etc.. to help me on my journey. I am excited that this was placed in my search results as not only is there a ton of great information and workouts it comes with what appears to be a fabulous group of people to encourage one another.

My Story…
I am 37 years old and except for pictures of me when I was 2 all I know is being over weight and growing up in a family with a majority of obese people. A few have lost weight and kept it off, but most yo-yo going on and off different diets.
I have tried many diets and spent more money than I care to admit on things that are supposed to help you loose weight. Well great news I’d loose 50+ lbs. Then life would happen I couldn’t pay for the program, I’d move, it was a new week, you know and then I’d gain the weight back plus more.
January 2022 I reached the heaviest I’d even weighed 311.7 lbs and I panicked. There was no way I’d let myself get over 300 lbs. The crazy thing is I didn’t look it friends i told didn’t believe me, but there I was trying to decide what to do now because I didn’t want to get heavier.
I also didn’t want to start just another program that tells me foods are bad and you shouldn’t eat this or that. I completely understand that what I eat effects my weight, but being told I can’t have just made me want it even more. And paying for a generic plan that “works for everyone” was not going to be sustainable. I had to find a way to loose weight by eating better and exercising that would work for me and my schedule and brain.
Fast forward to March 2022 I’d lost about 12lbs and I was diagnosed with ADHD and was told about a podcast that I binged on and learned SOO MUCH about why I did many of the things I had done through my life. This also gave me some peace about things and a place to start. I decided to be medicated and within days I felt more awake in the mornings, less anxious, and less depressed than I had felt in a long time. However work got crazier and I put some weight back on, the my gramps had to have surgery and I spent the summer helping out my nana with him. My weight stayed steady. Went back to work and didn’t think about my weight till it was decided I needed to quiet my job and become my grandparents full time caregiver.
December 2022 I moved in with them and weighed 289.7 lbs. This was a stressful and emotional time and if you have ever had to be a caregiver for someone you understand. My focus was on him day and night ready at any moment to pick him up off the floor, help him to the RR, whatever he needed. March 2023 he passed, I went in to give him medicine and he wasn’t breathing. It was a blessing for him to no longer be in pain and be able to go to his Heavenly Father, but now I had to figure out what to do because I had quite my job, sold my house, moved my stuff into a storage building and moved in to their house.
I decided I was going to focus on me a bit. I started a business that I’ve thought about doing for years but was too scared. My family decided to plan a cruise for November 2023 and this sparked the desire to get into better shape so that I can enjoy it more. I also signed up for excursions that state you can’t weigh more than 220 lbs to participate. So hear I am trying to get at or below that magic number by November 29th.

Living with my nana I was eating better and more home cooked meals than fast crap and truly only eating when I was hungry which ends up being 2 meals and a snack. Yes I know that isn’t what any plan will ever tell you to do, but I don’t understand why I need to eat if I’m not hungry. My body has fat to burn and I’m not starving myself. We also started walking 5 times a week. I was down to 272 even. I had gotten up to 3.5 miles and ended up with a few blisters so decided I’d bandaid up walk a bit slower and do 4 miles to add a different type of endurance. After day 2 of walking 4 miles some y happened to my left foot and I almost didn’t make it up the stairs to my bedroom it hurts so bad. So walking has been out this week. I’ve done some swimming but that didn’t feel great on my foot either.
So that brings me to the searches that lead me here. I have been determined not to let this set me back.

Last night I decided this community was going to become part of my journey. My goal is to post daily what workout I did each day to help keep myself accountable. I will post my weight when I check it. Some times I weigh daily some times it’s weekly. Just depends on how I’m feeling.
I hope that my story will encourage some and that I can be encouraged by your stories.

Here is to being better tomorrow than I am today. As my gramps would say One day at a time!

If you made it through my book and lease leave a comment so I can read your story and do my best to encourage you on your journey.

mandyv85

from Texas, USA
Today I didn’t technically workout. My dad needed help hanging insulation so I spent a little over an hour climbing up and down a ladder to staple and tape insulation in a shed.

Then hung out with my niece playing card games along with getting in some work a consultation, a bit of shipping for the project, and some paperwork filled out.

Tomorrow is a new day and I plan on doing a workout from one of the programs along with some weight training.

Hoping my foot heals sooner than later so I can start walking daily agin.

Thank you for welcoming me here.

Today’s weigh in 269.4

mandyv85

from Texas, USA
>Started of the day early (7am)

>Weighed in 279.7 - annoyed that I show a gain, but that is part of life

>Walked up the street to my parents to use their home gym

> 30 min of weighted holla hoop - was able to keep it spinning for 5 solid minutes which is the most I’ve done at this point (only 3rd time using it)

> Not Perfect 3sets (level 1) - had to hold a chair for balance a few times but it is day one for that work out and I’m still dealing with foot issues.

> Finished up with Calm Down - can’t exactly do pose 4 but I did the best I could today and will work to get more flexible along with losing weight. Some of the poses are more difficult simply because my belly gets in the way so far now I will adapt and do what I can.

> I’m the evening I went to the pool, swam a bit, did some stretch and other general movement for about 45 minutes. I was crusted at that because I thought I had everything ready to do water aerobics with videos using a projector, but came across one problem after another and finally just gave up on it. Maybe next time.

>spending the evening trying to out together a circuit using some of the Darbee workouts along with the holla hoop and weight machine. I’m tired of just winging it every day.

Food Journal

2 Hershey kiss
2 cups coffee
2 bottles of water
1 breakfast taco (1.5 eggs, 1 sausage patty, cheddar cheese, 6” tortilla)
1 banana
1 serving spaghetti noodles (that’s a lot of noodles) with about 1/2 meat sauce
1 slice garlic bread
Small piece of cake
Apple juice
Boy am I ready for my foot to be well so I can do the 60 days of walking.

mandyv85

from Texas, USA
Well I made an sos trip to help a friend get her old home ready for an inspection and derailed a bit. Partly because I didn’t sleep Saturday night and then ate junk because that’s what was available.

I’m back home and rebooting tomorrow.
I was hoping to get a doctors appointment while near the office but it didn’t happen. My ankle still hurts but isn’t as swollen.
I tried taping it but not sure if it is helping or not. Tomorrow I’m going to try and wrap it and see what I can do.

Here’s to not letting a few days of crazy throw me completely off the path.

mandyv85

from Texas, USA
Today I slept a bit later than planned, but I probably needed it. I worked out mid morning.
4-min warm up: I was able to truly hope the first few reps, but it started to hurt my foot so I adapted to finish it.
I Showed up: level 2 (5sets) on set 3 & 5 I added 2lb hand weights to up the intensity.
Infinity hoop: 24min total - today I set a record for me and keep the weight moving for 14 minutes solid before letting it fall.
Calm down: it’s getting easy to get into some of the positions. Working on getting the 4th one done without modifications, until then I will modify.
Total time 70 minutes

Spent time in the pool moving. Didn’t count it as exercise today as there where extra bodies in the pool making it difficult to workout.

It felt good to get back to working out even though I worked my body lifting boxes and scrubbing floors over the weekend. Finding ways to work more body parts is so good.

mandyv85

from Texas, USA
Weigh in 269 (I have been gaining and losing the same 1.5lb the last few day, it is quite annoying, but I know weight can fluctuate daily for all sorts of reasons)

4-min warm up: had to adapt as foot/ankle didn’t cooperate today.
I Showed up: level 2 (5sets) on 3 sets I added 2lb hand weights.
Infinity hoop: 26min total - decided to try it on my hips instead of my waist. It was a bit different but I figured it out (in one direction only) and manage a solid 12.5 minutes before it dropped.
Calm down: I was able to touch my head to the floor on the 4th pose with modifications.
Total time 70 minutes

I was able to go to the pool today as well. Swam some, did some March steps (harder in the water than I expected), along with some other stretches.

Also started a Bible study with one of my nieces which I think will be good for both of us. Trying to help her learn how to control her emotions instead of letting her emotions control her.

Not going to get to work out in the morning tomorrow as I have a a nail appointment and Bible study with my niece, but I plan I. Getting in a good work when I get back.

dancer

Fae from India
Pronouns: She/Her
"New Bee getting fit"
Okay so I just stumbled upon this community last night while trying to find workouts, stretches, etc.. to help me on my journey. I am excited that this was placed in my search results as not only is there a ton of great information and workouts it comes with what appears to be a fabulous group of people to encourage one another.

My Story…
I am 37 years old and except for pictures of me when I was 2 all I know is being over weight and growing up in a family with a majority of obese people. A few have lost weight and kept it off, but most yo-yo going on and off different diets.
I have tried many diets and spent more money than I care to admit on things that are supposed to help you loose weight. Well great news I’d loose 50+ lbs. Then life would happen I couldn’t pay for the program, I’d move, it was a new week, you know and then I’d gain the weight back plus more.
January 2022 I reached the heaviest I’d even weighed 311.7 lbs and I panicked. There was no way I’d let myself get over 300 lbs. The crazy thing is I didn’t look it friends i told didn’t believe me, but there I was trying to decide what to do now because I didn’t want to get heavier.
I also didn’t want to start just another program that tells me foods are bad and you shouldn’t eat this or that. I completely understand that what I eat effects my weight, but being told I can’t have just made me want it even more. And paying for a generic plan that “works for everyone” was not going to be sustainable. I had to find a way to loose weight by eating better and exercising that would work for me and my schedule and brain.
Fast forward to March 2022 I’d lost about 12lbs and I was diagnosed with ADHD and was told about a podcast that I binged on and learned SOO MUCH about why I did many of the things I had done through my life. This also gave me some peace about things and a place to start. I decided to be medicated and within days I felt more awake in the mornings, less anxious, and less depressed than I had felt in a long time. However work got crazier and I put some weight back on, the my gramps had to have surgery and I spent the summer helping out my nana with him. My weight stayed steady. Went back to work and didn’t think about my weight till it was decided I needed to quiet my job and become my grandparents full time caregiver.
December 2022 I moved in with them and weighed 289.7 lbs. This was a stressful and emotional time and if you have ever had to be a caregiver for someone you understand. My focus was on him day and night ready at any moment to pick him up off the floor, help him to the RR, whatever he needed. March 2023 he passed, I went in to give him medicine and he wasn’t breathing. It was a blessing for him to no longer be in pain and be able to go to his Heavenly Father, but now I had to figure out what to do because I had quite my job, sold my house, moved my stuff into a storage building and moved in to their house.
I decided I was going to focus on me a bit. I started a business that I’ve thought about doing for years but was too scared. My family decided to plan a cruise for November 2023 and this sparked the desire to get into better shape so that I can enjoy it more. I also signed up for excursions that state you can’t weigh more than 220 lbs to participate. So hear I am trying to get at or below that magic number by November 29th.

Living with my nana I was eating better and more home cooked meals than fast crap and truly only eating when I was hungry which ends up being 2 meals and a snack. Yes I know that isn’t what any plan will ever tell you to do, but I don’t understand why I need to eat if I’m not hungry. My body has fat to burn and I’m not starving myself. We also started walking 5 times a week. I was down to 272 even. I had gotten up to 3.5 miles and ended up with a few blisters so decided I’d bandaid up walk a bit slower and do 4 miles to add a different type of endurance. After day 2 of walking 4 miles some y happened to my left foot and I almost didn’t make it up the stairs to my bedroom it hurts so bad. So walking has been out this week. I’ve done some swimming but that didn’t feel great on my foot either.
So that brings me to the searches that lead me here. I have been determined not to let this set me back.

Last night I decided this community was going to become part of my journey. My goal is to post daily what workout I did each day to help keep myself accountable. I will post my weight when I check it. Some times I weigh daily some times it’s weekly. Just depends on how I’m feeling.
I hope that my story will encourage some and that I can be encouraged by your stories.

Here is to being better tomorrow than I am today. As my gramps would say One day at a time!

If you made it through my book and lease leave a comment so I can read your story and do my best to encourage you on your journey.
sending so much love to you and hugs and if you any help with anything dont hesitate to reach out!

mandyv85

from Texas, USA
Weigh in 267.9
Y’all I’m excited to see that number this morning as I said yesterday I’ve been kissing and gaining the same 1.5 lbs so maybe since I dropped down past that number I’ve hit a new stride 🤞🏻

I’ve decided to start a couple of the programs and have them book marked. I had just been doing the same workout because I’m worried about my foot, but I think the ones I choose I can do all the things or adapt minimally to fit my needs. Also bookmarked the July challenge and am going to try. I’m a little worried about the planks, but if I don’t try I won’t know.
^^^okay so I started this check in this morning and while I did bookmark those things I didn’t get to them today.
After my nail appointment I went to the pool I did 1 hour of walking laps, marching steps, chest expansions, and jumping jacks along with some swimming.

Then did some random messing around. Went upstairs with the plan to do at least one of the programs, but ended up cleaning out my purse, tidying up a portion of my desk, switching out my toilet seat that had broken, took the handle off the toilet to find out I bought the wrong replacement. Then rigged it up so I can still flush it even though it doesn’t have a handle 🤦‍♀️
So those will start tomorrow.

See you then.

mandyv85

from Texas, USA
Weigh in 265.7

8:00am
4- min warm up ✅
Arms of Steel D1 ✅
Cardio Go D1✅
Zen D1 ✅

9:30am and already 2 bottles of water down.
I thought this group of workouts was not going to be intense enough because they were all simple move. BOY was I wrong. It was more than I thought. It was a good workout and I look forward to tomorrow workout.

I made it to the pool today and tried out my new “tether” so I can swim stationary in this small pool. It was pretty cool and definitely a workout.

Hope y’all have a positive day.

Tileenah

Warrior from France
I thought this group of workouts was not going to be intense enough because they were all simple move. BOY was I wrong. It was more than I thought. It was a good workout and I look forward to tomorrow workout.
Yes darebee programs can be very deceiptive this way... They look so easy on paper untill you do them and find out they're real workouts :D

mandyv85

from Texas, USA
Weigh in 266.8

4- min warm up ✅
Arms of Steel D2 ✅
Cardio Go D2 2/7 done ❌
Zen D2 ✅

I had originally planned to finish the othe 5 sets this evening, but we had an impromptu game night at my brothers that took up 4pm-10pm. I did get in a good study on prayer with my niece. I also spent some $$ on GOOD tennis shoes. I’m hoping this will help my foot heal and make some of the exercises a bit easier. Today my feet slide some when doing planks and it made me feel very unstable.

I generally take Sunday off from workouts but I’m going to try to at least do day 2 of Cardio Go.

Oh and unfortunately I won’t have access to the pool again till probably Wednesday of next week.

The number on the scale did go up some today, but it doesn’t discourage me because I was up late last night and drinking water while I was up. I may not weigh in tomorrow because same thing is happening tonight.

Have a positive day.

Last edited:

mandyv85

from Texas, USA
Weigh in 268.1

Okay so that was a bigger jump than I was expecting. It’s okay though I defiantly didn’t have a calorie deficit yesterday. In fact this morning I was still full from yesterday’s festivities. So I just had coffee for breakfast.

Well ended up spend the afternoon in my office and sewed a bag with strap for a set of folding shelves that I use for my business. And now I’m sitting in a chair with my eyes rolling. I’ve got to get back on a better sleep schedule.

So needless to say I didn’t workout today. But tomorrow is a new day and I’m going to get caught up the ones I’ve missed.

mandyv85

from Texas, USA
Weigh in 267.6

Down from yesterday so really believing I was right. I really need to make sure I am doing better with sleep and food.

I’m starting with last & today. I made myself out ever thing down and close my eyes by 10:30pm (it has been around midnight) and woke up this morning at 6:00am. I took 30 minutes meandering and getting dressed then finished the Day 2 Cardio Go workout I didn’t finish the other day.

4- min warm up ✅
Arms of Steel D3
Cardio Go D2 ✅ finished
Cardio Go D3✅ with adaptation. I couldn’t to the 10 second high knee sprint. I tried and when I came down on my foot it was painful. So I ran in place for the 10 seconds but didn’t do the high knee.
Zen D3✅
Unplugged by 10:30 ✅
Awake by 6:00 ✅

(I realized on Saturday I put D1 instead of D2🤦‍♀️ edited today)

Man my legs are tired. Between doing the make up cardio today and standing to make a double batch of pot pies to freeze my legs and feet are probably wondering what they did wrong.

Have a positive day.
Looking forward to tomorrow’s workout.

mandyv85

from Texas, USA
Weigh in 267.0

Arms of Steel D4 ✅

Cardio Go D4 ✅

Today was another hard one. Got 4 sets done in the morning. Got 4 sets done this evening. Felt like I needed to do an extra set since I split it in half.

Zen D4 ✅

Unplugged last night by 10:30 ✅

Awake by 6:00 ❌ (6:30)

These last few days I seem to just be extra tired. My body didn’t want to wake up this morning, but I figured out quickly why I’ve been tired. I started my cycle today. I have such an irregular cycle that I just never know.
Man my legs were jello after just 4 sets. For the lunges I did hold on to a chair, my balance is great right now but it is improving, I think. Lol I tried to just use my legs for the workout and the chair for balance but toward the end of the 4 sets I could tell I was depending more on my arms to help me move up and down. Which is why I chose to stop and break the exercise in half. (AM thought- maybe I’ll do 4 more sets instead of just 3 since I split it up)
Tomorrow I’m helping some people move and we are leaving the house by 7am but I’m going to try to fit in at least part of a work out in somewhere.

I’m about to go shower and climb in bed with the hopes of waking up a bit earlier to get some in then.

Side note: just an FYI I type my post through out the day as things happen so if something is in the wrong tense that is why. It is just easier for me to make little notes here and there instead of remembering everything at the end of the day.

mandyv85

from Texas, USA
Weigh in 267.2
Arms of Steel D5 ✅

Cardio Go D5 ❌
Zen D5 ❌

Unplugged last night by 10:30 ✅
Awake by 6:00 ✅

Today was good, I woke up at 6 was able to get in my AoS workout in then left to go help a friend move. We arrived at 7:00am and started loading other than 3 - 10min rides between houses and a short lunch we were moving boxes and furniture till 1:30. I was so sweaty that my shirt and pants have sweat marks. I did have to come home and ice my foot because I managed to step wrong going down the ramp a few times and it was pretty soar. After I’ve and chilling in the pool for a while it feels a bit better. I’m just hoping I didn’t prolong healing to much more because it was just getting to the point that it didn’t hurt with every step and yesterday I was about to do reverse lunges without pain (for the most part).

Over all it was a good day. I did turn on my exercise “other” when unloading the second load and between movement and exercises my watch says I’ve burned just over 2000 calories today. Makes me wonder what it would have said if I turned in the exercise for the whole move.

Have a positive day and keep moving.

mandyv85

from Texas, USA
Weigh in 266.5
Unplugged last night by 10:30✅
Awake by 6:00 ✅❌ woke up at 6 then laid back down till 6:30. Lol

Cardio Go D5 ✅
Zen D6 ✅
Infinity Hoop ✅ ~15min

I realized yesterday I hadn’t done the infinity hoop since I started the Darebee programs and I was missing it. And I wasn’t doing it because some days I had to split the Darebee workout. So I decided today that I’m going to do Cardio Go, Zen meditation, infinity hoop together and then I’ll do Arms of steel, zen poses, infinity hoop together and just alternate days. I realize this means I will complete Zen before the others but I think I will just cycle back through it.

Spent 2 plus hours in the pool today mostly just chilling out, but did do some stretching and purposeful moving.

mandyv85

from Texas, USA
Weigh in 266.3

Obviously since I posted at 11pm last night I didn’t get unplugged by 10:30 🤦‍♀️🤪
Unplugged last night by 10:30 ❌ unplugged a little after 11

Awake at 6:00am ❌ woke at 6:30

So I know what I said yesterday about alternating workouts and adding back in the infinity hoop. However the arms of steel and zen days were short and easy so I de used to go ahead and do cardio go and finished it then did the I infinity hoop.

Arms of steel D6 ✅
Zen D5 ✅
Cardio Go D6 ✅
Infinity Hoop ✅ (~20min)

Today was day 2 of wearing my second new pair of tennis shoes and I decide they just didn’t fit right so I actually went back and returned them, which is a big deal for me because normally I would just deal with it. While I’m town i decided to try and find some water shoes. My old ones are exactly that and the water socks I bought are getting holes in them. I did manage to find a pair, surprisingly at Walmart, that fit well.

I was able to put them to the test as we went to the pool today. I did about 35 minutes of a water aerobics program, then used the tether I got to swim in place (pool is too small for laps) and did that for about 20 min.

Overall today has been a good day. I’m looking forward to tomorrow.

Tomorrow I have to finish packing for my trip. I’m going to an ATPE Summit and will be there from Sunday to Thursday. I am hoping to work out and post while I’m there, but there are lots of activities and training going on as well as it is at a resort with a large water park.

My goal of unplugged by 10:30 will not happen. While I may not be on my phone the likelihood of me being in bed before then every night is slim.

My goal to be up by 6:00am is going to stick and May be bumped up to 5:30 because I will need to shower after working out in the morning and dressed business casual or better for the day I am a presenter.

mandyv85

from Texas, USA
Weigh in 264.6

Arms of steel D✖️(off day)
Cardio Go D7✅
Zen D8✅
Infinity Hoop ✅ 25 min
Water aerobics ✅30 min
Unplugged last night by 10:30pm ❌ 11:00
Awake by 6:00am ❌ 6:30

I am excited at my progress thus far. I have lost 25.1lbs since Jan ‘23 and 47.1lbs since Jan ‘22. Which means I have almost lost as much so far this year as I lost all of last year.

I am packed for summit and even packed my infinity hoop. I am planning on being successful at working out while away.

When I return I think my mom and I are going to start Keto. If anyone has suggestions, recipes, etc please feel free to share.

mandyv85

from Texas, USA
Weigh in 262.8
Unplugged last night by 10:30pm ✅
Awake by 6:00am❌ (7:00) Sunday is my lazy day.

Y’all I was so exited to have losses this morning. I really thought I was going to gain or stay the same. I have not seen 262.8 on a scale since 2018. 2016 is how far back my weight data goes on my health app and between then and now my lowest has been 260. I am more determined than ever to get below that number and stay there.

I am so thankful i stumbled upon this website and group. I know the most I do is post my journal. I need to go look at more threads, but just being accountable and posting daily about my workouts and weigh ins helps me. That and the fact that even a few of you read, comment, or react to the posts makes me want to post. Thank you.

This is definitely invaluable in my journey and having workout plans that add variety is awesome because I’m not getting board of doing the same thing every day.

I’m not going to get the July challenge done because I’ve been trying to just figure out a routine that I can maintain. I think I was a little too zealous when I put that as a goal so soon.

I made it to my hotel. It is pretty awesome. Was able to get a few of my people settled today, more come in tomorrow. We are excited because it looks like for the first time we may all be on the same floor and in the same wing.

I even remembered to pack my infinity hoop so I can do it while I’m here and there is actually enough space in my room to do it without hitting anything.

mandyv85

from Texas, USA
6/10

Arms of steel D7✅
Cardio Go D✖️
Zen D7✅
Infinity Hoop✅ ~30 min.
Water aerobics - ✖️
Unplugged last night by 10:30pm ❌ 11:15
Awake by 6:00am ✅
I was awake did my workout, showered, dressed, and at my meeting before time.

6/11-6/13
I didn’t work out, I didn’t wake up by 6:00, I wasn’t in bed and unplugged by 10:30. Most nights I didn’t get to bed and unplugged till about 2am and woke up between 7-8 depending on what needed to happen.

There was lots of walking, but also lots of sitting and LOTS of rich food.

6/14 Today
Weigh in - 269.8 I gained 7lbs in 4 days 🤦‍♀️
I know I can get back on track and start exercising again and get it back off but I’m annoyed at myself for letting go that much.
Arms of steel D9 ✅
Cardio Go D✖️
Zen D❌
Infinity Hoop❌
Water aerobics ✅
Unplugged last night by 10:30pm ❌ after late nights like have had I’m going to have to work at this again for a bit to get my body accustomed to it again.
Awake by 6:00am ❌ trying to catch up on some sleep, but didn’t want to sleep too late (8:00am)

8:30am - Started laundry, even had the forethought to start with all delicates that need to hang dry. I’m going to try and get everything washed and everything put away today, not just shoved in a basket.

I will also get some kind of workout in today at some point.

10:00 didn’t do great today but got in some movement and started a list of dates I need to know for an upcoming project. I didn’t finish my laundry and get it out away but the last load is in the dryer because as I was typing this I remembered I hadn’t done that yet.

Tomorrow is a new day. I will do better tomorrow than I did today.

mandyv85

from Texas, USA
Weigh in 267.6
Arms of steel D✖️
Cardio Go D9 ✅
Zen D8 10 min. meditation ✅
Infinity Hoop✅ 25 min
Water aerobics ✅

Awake by 6:00am❌ 7:30 alarm went off at 6 and I woke up but was so groggy I decided to go back to sleep because if I had gotten up to workout it wouldn’t have been a good workout.

I decided to have breakfast before my workout today so that afterwards I could workout and keep going on the things I need to get done. This didn’t quite work out, but I did exercise. So that’s good. Slowly getting back to the routine.

Over all a good day. Even got a nap in before bed. Yes you read that right. I fell asleep in the recliner before going to bed 🤦‍♀️

mandyv85

from Texas, USA
Weigh in 265
Arms of steel D8✅
Cardio Go D✖️
Zen D8✅
Infinity Hoop✅ 30 min
Water aerobics ✅ 45min

Awake by 6:00am ❌ 6:30am … better than I have been doing 🎉

I had planned to start Keto this week mainly in an effort to help my mom, but also in hopes that it would help me. However, her attitude was still sour and not really in it. I finally asked her what she wanted to do. That I didn’t care what program we used that a choice just needed to be made. So we are doing the “no flour, no sugar” diet we have meals planned and groceries will be bought tomorrow.

I am a little frustrated because I’m planning for her but then going to have to adapt things for my nana and I because we eat on a different schedule than she does. So we shall see what happens. I am also heading out of town next week for a while so not sure that she will follow through or not. I guess we shall find out.

We did get a menu planned and grocery list made so that is something 🤞🏻 hope things work out.

mandyv85

from Texas, USA
Weigh in 265.7

Arms of steel D✖️
Cardio Go D9✅
Zen D10✅
Infinity Hoop✅ 25 min
Water aerobics ✖️bug guy sprayed for yellow jackets and wasps so we didn’t want to go down while they may be swarming since I’d already been stung once. 🙄

Unplugged last night by 10:30pm ✅ close enough 10:33 lol
Awake by 6:00am❌ 6:30

9:15 - Plans changed some and I will be leaving the 26th not the 27th. I will have to get up and leave by 5ish and be completely dressed for an event I will be speaking at so that morning I will not be working out.

I still haven’t decided where I will be staying or how long I will be staying. 🤦‍♀️🤣 So today my goals are to get that planned, finish going through stuff in my office, and actually put away my laundry. I may even try to start packing so that I don’t have to worry about it last minute.

10:00am- I have a place to stay where I can cook and workout that is not a hotel room !!

10:06pm well I was able to get my Bible study done with one niece(2nd niece), however the other(1st niece) was a no go. This is aggravating because I spent $40 on books to do a special study with her because I was told it could be done and now her mother told her no yesterday and has decided that the younger one must go first (understand this as she is the one having issues) however their mother then starts my older niece doing stuff and so then she can’t come down.

Because of this aggression I slipped. I knew yesterday I snacked a little too much, but today I did some emotional snacking NOT GOOD. Im not really worried about what the scale is going to say in the morning (except that I am trying to loose weight) I’m more concerned with the fact that I haven’t grown past the emotional eating. My meals were good meals, it was the snacking that I went overboard with.

How have you overcome the desire to binge eat/snack when your emotions run high?

Tomorrow is a mew day and another chance to do better. I still didn’t get my laundry put away. We ended up having an impromptu game day with one of my brothers and his daughter (3rd niece). I did get somethings prepared for my trip next week and a few this to help me stay organized. So I’m excited about that.

I’ve got some difficult decisions to make soon ish. There is a job that will be coming open in the bearish future and a big part of me wants to apply. However I just started the process of getting my business going and I don’t want to quit that. I have friends telling me they think I can do both, but the more I think about the more I don’t think I can. The time commitments for both are a lot and if I apply and get the job I will let my business fall to the side. I had “decided” that I could do both after a motivational speech about being in your own way of accomplishing your dreams. But the more I think about it the more I think I’m trying to make everything my dream and that isn’t correct. So I’m going to have to be in some serious prayer over the next few weeks or months (not sure exactly when the job is going to open) to decide what my dream really is at this point in my life.

This went a bit farther than I expected tonight but I really needed to get all that out of my head so I can go to sleep.

JCU

Scout from WNY
Pronouns: She/Her
I don't eat when emotions run high, personally, but if I have something nearby I do tend to snack. To stop that, especially if I'm in a snacking mood, I turn to little things like Altoids that have very few calories so I can eat a lot without feeling guilt.

Tileenah

Warrior from France
I eat when my emotions are high, and I eat what my emotions tell me otherwise there's no way out of it in my body (I get obsessed). But I do it consciously, and I skip the meals afterwards until I am really hungry again. Of course if this goes on for days in a row I change tactics and try to understand what exactly it is that I am trying to eat/digest instead of facing it/finding a solution/letting it go.

mandyv85

from Texas, USA
Thank you for your comments. It is interesting to me to allow your self the emotional eating/snacking, then skipping the meal. I don’t think there is an issue with having a snack and what not, but I am worried that I will eat too much if I “eat my emotions” because it’s not that I’m hungry it has become a way to sooth my emotions which I don’t feel is healthy.

Weigh in 265.2

Arms of steel D10✅
Cardio Go D✖️
Zen D10✅
Infinity Hoop✅ 10 min
Walking stairs ✅ 3 sets of 4 (up & down)
Water aerobics ✅ 1 hr

Unplugged last night by 10:30pm✅
Awake by 6:30am✅ decided to change this to 6:30 since that’s been when I’ve waking up and I’ve gotten to work out at 7 so it works.

Okay so 1 I’m shocked I lost anything after snacking yesterday, so maybe I didn’t do as bad as I thought, but still wasn’t good. I don’t want to eat emotionally because that’s eating when I’m not hungry. 2 I think I need to clean & grease my infinity hoop because it is sticking/catching and not going around smoothly as it was before. That is why I only did 10 minutes. 3. I wanted to get in my hour so I decided to walk up and down the steps because on my vacation I’m sure I will be using the stairs in order to avoid long elevator lines. Boy howdy walking stairs can be tough. I counted down and up as 1 and did that 4 time then took a 1 min break and di it 3 times in total. My legs were shaking and as a precaution so I didn’t fall down the stairs I gathered my things and spent the last 5 min of my workout walking around our porch. It was quite nice.

My foot didn’t hurt while walking and at this point only hurts when my foot is in certain position or weight is put on it in a certain way. I have a doctors appointment at the end of this month and I think I will bring it up and maybe get an X-ray just to see if there is something going on. But it is less tender than it has been so that is good.

Laundry is still in baskets but I did get Bible studies done with both nieces, cooked breakfast and 2 dinners, while my mom cooked a dinner and put together a breakfast meal. So we have some healthy options for the next few days.

As I was getting ready for bed I realized I didn’t take my meds this morning with probably contributed to me being annoyed at so many things today. But I’ll get over it and will make sure I talk them tomorrow. I feel like today was a never ending stream of tasks so I am in bed and probably going to unplug before 10:30.

mandyv85

from Texas, USA
Weigh in 265.7

Arms of steel D✖️
Cardio Go D ✅❌
Zen D✅ meditation
Infinity Hoop❌
Water aerobics ✅ x2

Unplugged last night by 10:30pm✅
Awake by 6:30am❌

I’m back to yo-yoing on my weight. I’m trying to not be discouraged by this because I can see improvements in other areas but dang I want to see the scale move. I have till November to be under 220lbs so that I can participate in one of the exertions we have already paid for one of the port stop on our cruise. That is 45.7 more pounds and I am terrified I’m not going to make it.

On another note and this is one of the improvements I’m talking about. Yesterday when my nephew was down he came and sat in my lap, put his hands in my like a fist and the stiffened his arms. I was just going to mess with him and started to lift him. We were both shocked because he was able to keep his arm stiff and I lifted him where my hands were at my shoulders and his feet were dangling. Then was able to gently set him down. No shaky arms nothing. That is not something I would have been able to to before.

Today i slept late, I was super exhausted. I don’t know if it was just every from yesterday or what, but it is what it is. We went to the pool early so we could be out of the house and since I hadn’t done my workout I tried to do it at the pool, but after 3 sets I was way to hot. So I got in the pool to cool off and do some water aerobics. I ended up doing cardio go D10 in the pool. Feel like it was kinda cheating so that is why it has a ✅ & a ❌. I was hoping I’d go do it later but I got back in the pool and did some more moving. I haven’t fixed my infinity hoop yet, but I got more done first my trip and all hanging laundry is put away. I just have socks and pjs left to gold and put away.

Going to try to go to sleep earlier tonight so I can get up and work out before everyone arrives. Aunt Camp starts tomorrow and I will have at least 2 kids here, sometimes 4, one time 6. So 🤞🏻 I will still get up and workout since they will be sleeping in my workout space.

mandyv85

from Texas, USA
Weigh in 264.8

Arms of steel D11✅
Cardio Go D✖️
Zen D13 1/2✅hurt to be on my knees today did the best I could considering
Infinity Hoop ✅ “fixed it”
Water aerobics 〰️kinda

Awake by 6:30am✅

So I “fixed” my infinity hoop. There was one of the wheels that allowed it to spin that somehow lost all the bearings. I removed that wheel as it was in the center on one side and magically it stopped catching like it had been. Still thinking I need to do some other things to it but for now it works.

Also today I am very soar. As I said my knees were bothering me when doing the zen yoga today which is a first. They have felt tight before, but today it actually hurt so I stopped the moves because they were all on my knees and started going some other stretches and poses to make up for the ones I couldn’t do today.

Tonight was the first night of Aunt Camp so three goofballs are here with me. We did hit the pool, but I didn’t really exercise.

Not going to bed in time pretty much till they are gone. 🤣

But it is a time I look forward to each summer. Love my babies and love having some time to spoil them.

My goal is to still work out in the morning and eat healthy, though I’m sure I will indulge in some of the snacks I get them. I’m going to crash now as they have all fallen asleep now.

The blurs are 2 of my nieces jumping out of their bed because they saw I was taking a picture 🤣
IMG_9497.jpeg