Here I Go Again (On My Own? Probably Not)

wjs

Guardian Posts: 4
Hi everyone. I fell off the face of the Earth for a little bit there, yeah. Life happens. Life sucks, sometimes. So, in the interim since I'm sure I last posted*, I changed jobs, I moved positions within the company, I managed to find a girlfriend, and in the very latest news, as of April 6th, I was laid off. Along the way, I also lost nearly every bit of gains I worked so hard for in TX. I restarted my food log with the new year and have been sporadically** working out the past month. I'm hoping that posting here will help me hold myself accountable again on the working out. Here's hoping.

I will do my best. That my best for today isn't as good as my best yesterday is immaterial.

*Which was on the old forum. I was really, really confused that I couldn't log in until I read @PetiteSheWolf's thread and figured out that there was a change in fora.
**At absolute best.

wjs

And we're back. Had a terrible weekend, what with having just lost my job, but I talked my girlfriend into going to the new* fitness center our apartment complex has. We hopped on treadmills for about half an hour and spent some time exploring the options there. Looks like I have some free time to get back into shape, or something. I do intend to get back into more fully working out with body weight workouts. We'll see how all this works out. That's a lot of out working, or something.

*It was recently built with the renovations the management company completed recently.

wjs

So, it's been a week. I've posted all of... <checks number of posts>... three times.* I'm off to a fabulous start. No bodyweight workouts. Wandered to the fitness center... <counts>... most days. My girlfriend has found out she likes the whole treadmill thing. Oh, and tossing medicine balls. Also, she hates that she likes it, possibly because of the ridiculous hour we get up to go there since she doesn't feel comfortable working out with others around. But also she was apparently conditioned to hate movement/exercise in any form when she was younger. As for me, still no bodyweight work. I'm finding it difficult to work up the will to actually get up and do anything in the hours I normally would because that's normally time my girlfriend and I spend together and I've never been one for working out in the early morning. I like being already warmed up from the day before working out, it's one less thing to do to get going with the workout. I feel so drained the rest of the time and have other hobbies to attend to as well. Yep, reads like excuses to me, too. What am I going to do about it? Do my best to get started again, obviously.

*Including this one.