Kanary that ate the cat

Kanary

Amazon Pronouns: she/her
"For the Light! For Victory! For Cake!"
Recovery

I am home from vacation and other than the Recovery yoga, taking it easy for the day.
Tomorrow, we have the dojo opening ceremony (which will take longer than I think it "should") and Sunday will be a seminar day (6 hours of training! Best fun!). I may opt for another recovery day on Monday or I may start Olympian or whatever other program strikes my fancy.

I'm also trying to decide if I'm going to pick back up on Infinity Days of Iai, but I figure one more day off won't hurt that either way.

On a similar note: Food tracking to resume on Monday. In the meantime, I have a goal of eating better than I have been (I spent some of vacation thinking things like "why is there no salad on this menu???") without putting too much effort into it.

Kanary

2 Days of Iai
Olympian, Day 1, Level 1
Power Pull, Day 1
Exercise bike (goal 10,000 steps; hit 10,000)
30 Days of Yoga, Day 1

Only Homemade, Day 1 of 15

My rules for the Only Homemade Challenge (keeping in mind that I'm currently just doing the 2 week version):
Two delivery meals allowed in that time
Meals with friends don't count, though I will try to eat something relatively "healthy" for those
Anything that is already in my house is fair game (e.g., the cauliflower tots that are in the freezer are "safe" but once they are gone, I won't buy more until this is over)

Kanary

Kanary

Good Morning Yoga

12 Days of Iai
Power Pull, Day 11
Olympian, Day 11
Exercise bike - and then after years of use, something internal to my exercise bike broke, so that's a thing… Fortunately, I still have a bunch of fitness funds leftover from work's annual fitness competition, so I have ordered a replacement, but no more exercise bike until that arrives…
30 Days of Yoga, Day 11

Only Homemade, Day 11 of 15

Kanary

Good Morning Yoga

18 Days of Iai
Olympian, Day 15, Level 1
Daily Dare, 2 minutes high knees
Step Count (goal 10,000; hit 10,000)
30 Days of Yoga, Day 15 - meditation

February's nutrition challenge is going to be Salad A Day, so today is day 1 of that - watercress salad because watercress is my fave!

Game night tonight, so I have a couple of workouts picked out for that. I was supposed to have a meeting this afternoon for which I had a couple of workouts set up, but that's been rescheduled, so hopefully we'll see those tomorrow.

Kanary

Good Morning Yoga

19 Days of Iai
Olympian, Day 16
Step Count (goal 10,000; hit 11,500)
30 Days of Yoga, Day 16

Salad A Day, Day 2 - red leaf lettuce, smoked trout, maple vinaigrette - there's a local pizza place that makes a fabulous maple vinaigrette and this was bought at Trader Joe's and is tasty but not as delicious as the pizza place version. So I won't be rushing out to get more of this dressing but I WILL be using it until it's gone.

Meeting workout
Office Circuit
Office Yoga

Kanary

What's in maple dressing? O am curious.
This recipe I found online looks pretty close to what the local pizza place is doing and also pretty close to the ingredients for the store-bought version I'm currently using. The pizza place's version has some herbs and probably some garlic in it too, but if I decide to try to make my own I'll have to work those out myself: https://mommyshomecooking.com/maple-vinaigrette/#recipe
1/4 cup (60 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup (60 ml)pure maple syrup (preferably Grade B)
2 tablespoons (30 ml) apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
2 tablespoons (30 ml) freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt ,or to taste
1/4 teaspoon black pepper ,or to taste

Kanary

Good Morning Yoga

24 Days of Iai
Olympian, Day 21, Level 1 w lunges instead of jumping lunges (knees said "stop that")
STP Training* (goal 10 miles; hit 16.2**)
Daily Dare - 2 minutes balance hold
30 Days of Yoga, Day 21 - meditation

Salad A Day, Day 7 - greens, sweet potato, cottage cheese

*I am once again training for the annual Seattle To Portland bike ride. I definitely won't be trying to participate: the ride is supposed to take place right around when I should be in Japan for a martial arts promotion test (and also, my ex-husband may still be participating in the in-person ride event and I wouldn't want to make either of us uncomfortable like that). But the training plan is 3 days per week, which makes it easy to fit between martial arts days.

**10 miles on the stationary bike was not yet to my baseline 10,000 step goal, so I kept going. So I'm likely to overshoot their daily goals for the first two weeks and then it will get a little tougher.

Kanary

Good Morning Yoga

33 Days of Iai
Olympian, Day 28 - badge day!
Step count (goal 10,000; hit 10,500)
30 Days of Yoga, Day 28

Salad A Day, Day 16 - celery sticks and orange slices counts, right? Right!

Badge day donation made!
Overall, I don't think I liked Olympian very much. I liked the idea of it, but the workouts often seemed long without feeling like a lot of fun (to me - I support everyone who thinks it's the most fun program so far). On the other hand, I also feel like there was kind of a lot going on in my life while I did this one, so maybe the problem was me.

Current plan is to start Shadebound and Unbound on Sunday or Monday? We'll see.