New Starts

skellyns

from Niagara Falls, New York
Pronouns: he/him
12/12/22

It's genuinely been probably 2+ years since I've properly been on Darebee. Since I last posted in 2019 or so, I've gotten top surgery and continued to take Testosterone to transition. I've also started college and am finishing up my third semester.

Today I had the realization that if I were to go to the rec center (which is right next to my dorm), I would be seen as just another guy, whereas I've always felt uncomfortable being seen as a girl in the gym, or somewhere in between before I started passing as male. This realization (plus seeing some fit guys on TikTok) caused me to reconsider my avoidance of the gym. I go home for break in 3 days, but I'm proud of myself for getting out of my comfort zone today.

I'm planning to start Hard Reset Strength when I go home but also decided to add Hard Reset Cardio for the heck of it. I plan to do one or both each day, depending on the vibes and my schedule. Today's workout was as follows:

Hard Reset Cardio Day 1:
-10 mins rowing (1822 m)
-10 mins biking (1.9 mi) (goal heartrate 154)
-6 min cooldown walk/jog (0.2 mi)

This really was a day of trying not to get too anxious and overall the vibes were good. The weight room is a separate room but that's a mountain to climb another day.

I'm pretty excited to be starting again!!

skellyns

12/13/22

I'm trying to keep any semblance of momentum going - and I did go back to the gym today.

-HR Cardio Day 2
-Hips & Glutes Stretch Workout

I was weirdly hard on myself for having an easier day, as though it only counts when I do an intense workout. I really need to figure out how active rest ties into it all. I did want to go day 1 of Hard Reset Strength but there weren't any dumbells less than 25lbs in the aerobics room and entirely too many sports guys in the weight room for my anxiety to handle. There's always tomorrow.

skellyns

12/14/22

Today I faced the anxiety and said "full send walk straight into the weight room" and it went surprisingly well! Minimal panic and it helped to be able to watch other guys to start to understand more of the norms. It's also neat to see healthy masculinity expressed, primarily helping/spotting each other and not having shame around not completing certain reps and such. That was a nice surprise. I had to adapt the workout slightly to account for what machines I knew how to use but I think it's alright.

Hard Reset Strength Day 1:
-12x3 lat pull downs (40lbs)
-6x3 rows (40)
-6x3 shoulder press (25)
-12x3 bicep curls (25)
-6x3 lateral raises (10)

Hard Reset Cardio Day 3 (later in the evening)

skellyns

Just a little catchup from the past few days. I've had to change plans, I was supposed to go home on Thursday but my family has covid so I'm staying up at school with a friend until Tuesday, but unfortunately the gym and other college facilities have closed.

12/15/22
-Hard Reset Cardio Day 4 Level 1

12/16/22
-Hard Reset Cardio Day 5
-10 mins rowing (1783 m)
-10 mins biking (1.5 mi)
-Hard Reset Strength Day 2
-Level 1 - with 20lb dumbells (side lunges were done without weight)

I know it's not recommended to do the programs back to back but hey, the gym closed early, it worked out that way, and I was quite sore as a result.

12/17/22
-Rest Day (this was kinda unexpected due to not living where I expected to and I'm trying to figure out my plans for the next few days)

12/18/22
-Hard Reset Strength Day 3

Last edited: