New training log - Martial arts journey

decayingblaze

Fighter Posts: 20
I made a new training log!

I used to hang out a lot on Darebee years ago before the pandemic hit under the name decayingfire. I trained martial arts and was decently in shape and got to complete a few challenges and programs which helped immensely when I first started working out and excercising.

Fast forward a few years, Covid hit, I stopped exercising, martial arts school closed during the pandemic and burnt out from work + depression and out of shape - The whole package.

I got back to training, eventually turned things around after a year, which was incredibly hard, and I am now in the best shape I've ever been + 1 year and a half away from my black belt test.

I now want to try and keep a training log to track my progress - be in even better shape and be ready for my test when the time comes. Oh and also for the fun of it and sharing my journey! Let's see how long I can keep this up :ss:

Let's begin:

Today so far

• 2 minutes plank in one go
  • 35 pushups in one go
  • 100 crunches
  • 30 leg raises
  • 30 side feet taps when in crunch position ( I forgot the name of the exercise :eyes: )
  • Some front and side leg raises to warm up

decayingblaze

Thanks for the welcome back everyone! :ss:

I've been busy this past week but here's mostly what I've been working on:

Last week:
Thursday was 2:30 hours of karate classes including a bunch of bodyweight exercises, cardio, sparring and practicing/learning techniques

Last friday was rest day but still did a bit of stretching

During the weekend did a couple of short runs, more streching and some planks and squats

Monday
Used weights and did 3 sets of 12 bicep curls, some cardio with climbers, high knees and jumping jacks and some pushups during the karate's kids classes where I help teach

Also did some exercises as part of my PTs program to help with my sciatic nerve issue

Tuesday
2 hours of karate classes with various exercises, strength training, cardio, flexibility.

Wednesday
Some exercises for PT, stretching and holds ( squat hold, sumo squat hold, chair, planks ), I usually take a lighter training days after my big karate trainings

Yesterday
Started a flexibility program to achieve front and side splits in 90 days. To be fair my goal is mostly to improve my flexibility and range of motion, doing full splits are a bonus but not a must. Also realized that after doing the first day of the program my sciatica felt almost non-existent so I'll be sticking to it!

Big 2:30 hours of karate classes including a bunch of bodyweight exercises, cardio, sparring and practicing/learning techniques. A lot of focus on combat for this course

Today
Today is rest day so mostly stretching, different types of holds to get the blood flowing and maybe some exercises to target the muscle groups that are less sore today

Whew! I have to try and update this thing at least every couple of days or else I start forgetting what I did when I have to go back a week :oops:

Lupus Sheol

Warrior Monk from USA
To be fair my goal is mostly to improve my flexibility and range of motion, doing full splits are a bonus but not a must.
I feel the same way, one of my goals is to achieve the side split (although my timeframe is way past the 90 days) but even if I don't get there I'm sure the flexibility and range of motion will surely improve.

The PT's and the exercise will surely improve your sciatic nerve condition. Get strong and get well!

:strong:

decayingblaze

Update!

Started the 60 day bootcamp program yesterday, Day 1 completed.
Daily dare, 60 seconds plank, done this morning as well :v:

My plan is now to exercise every day until my black belt exam which is in exactly a year ( December 7th 2024 )
I've always been bad at updating my training logs but I'll do the best I can :)

362 days to go

decayingblaze

Yesterday:
60 day bootcamp:
Day 2
200 kicks towards a Christmas ornament
15 minutes of stretching

Definitely feeling it in my arms this morning as I haven't done any weight lifting in a very long time. Feels great! :yas:

Aiming to finish one of the Christmas ornaments today or tomorrow, haven't had one up in a darebee tree since 2015!

361 days to go before my black belt grading.

decayingblaze

Yesterday:
60 day bootcamp: Day 4

Daily dare
Rest day mostly

Arms are still pretty sore from day 1, maybe starting with the 20lbs dumbbells was a bit too much. Tomorrow is another day of the program using weights so I'll either lower the weight or wait an extra day to be properly recovered, wouldn't want to injure myself at the beginning of the program :eyes:

359 days to go before my black belt grading.

decayingblaze

Yesterday:
Rest day, did a few kicks and a bit of stretching but really needed the extra time to recover

Today:
60 day bootcamp: Day 5

Later today will do a 2 hours karate class and attend a belt grading, these usually involve intense workouts and lots and lots of kicks ( will count them towards the ornament :LOL: ) and punches + some sparring. Tomorrow I will be resuming bootcamp Day 6

358 days to go before my black belt grading.