Valkyrie’s Log: January

Iron Valkyrie

Valkyrie Posts: 32
"Being weak is hard, being strong is hard. Choose your hard."
Hey Everyone, I’ve not been very good about logging my workouts lol:LOL: but my New Years resolution is to log my workouts more often:
Today was combat day. I get bored easily, so I did four different workouts, seven reps total.
Rogue princess-3 reps
Void-2 reps
The takedown-1 rep
Breakout-1 rep

Iron Valkyrie

(I forgot to update yesterday) Tuesday:

I had an hour long martial arts class, so I guess that counted for cardio and combat again. I did 100 sit-ups to end the night. Working on my abs, they’re getting harder and stronger every day!!!

I will update today’s workout this afternoon

Iron Valkyrie

Wednesday:

My main goal is to gain and harden muscle. I’m pretty tiny at barely over five feet tall, but I’m getting stronger daily. I decided to set myself to a consistent program (we’ll see how long it lasts lol):

Sunday: rest
Monday: combat
Tuesday: Martial Arts, so basically cardio and combat
Wednesday: HIIT
Thursday: Fullbody
Friday: rest
Saturday: Combat

Today is Wednesday, so I did seven sets of Epic HIIT (level three reps, level four difficulty) I’m not a big fan of cardio, but it has lots of cardio type stuff which is really good for me, so I’m gonna keep it up!!!

Iron Valkyrie

Thursday:

Today was full body day!!! Yayy!!! I did seven sets of Van Helsing, (level three reps, level four difficulty) and discovered I need to work on my push-ups!!!😂 I made ten in the first two reps, but had to go down to knee push-ups for reps four-thru-six😂 and back to full push-ups in rep seven. Anybody got advice on getting more push-ups?

Iron Valkyrie

Friday:

Rest day!! It’s 35 below zero outside right now, so on the to do list for today is self-care day! I’ll be eating lots of protein, wearing my comfy socks, and staying close to my Woodstove!! Winter is here.

Iron Valkyrie

I haven’t logged my workouts for a few days, so here’s the update:

Saturday: I was supposed to do combat, but I kinda forgot… it was a busy day because my bf came over for movie day (yayyyy)

Sunday: Sunday is my rest day, so no workout that day. It was nice and cold, but actually got up to 3 degrees Fahrenheit (that’s the warmest it’s been for like two weeks lol)

Monday: combat day, forgot the name of which workout I did but I did seven reps and did a little bit of training with a younger martial artist

Today (Tuesday): I have martial arts class tonight so that counts as combat and cardio

And that brings my log up to date!!

Iron Valkyrie

Sorry I haven’t logged for a few days, it’s been a really rough week :sad: I broke up with my boyfriend yesterday, so I’ve been distracted. I haven’t trained for a few days, but I feel like the healthiest thing for me to do is to get back into the swing of things and get back to training, because physical activity will help me process my emotions in a healthier way than stress-eating or laying around on the couch. So today is a rest day, but weather permitting I’ll take a long walk.

Iron Valkyrie

Today I was really sad😭, so I did a bunch of training to help cope, and I’m starting to feel better (who knew punching bag work could be such a release for negative feelings😢)

Today I did:

Counter (level 3 difficulty, combat, level three reps-seven reps)

Four minute plank (level 4 difficulty, abs)

Dynamic pyramid (level 4 difficulty, cardio)

Sonic (level 4 difficulty, HIIT, level three reps-seven reps)

I think I’ll sleep well tonight, far better than last night, and my mind is far clearer now that I’ve released a little tension and pain.

Maegaranthelas

Bard from The Netherlands
Pronouns: They/them
"I sing and I know things"
Yeah, it's better to direct the energy somewhere than just to let it eat at you.
As long as you take care not to overwork yourself, moving can really help you process the feelings instead of numbing yourself to the pain.
Because emotional pain is real pain. So please be kind to yourself :heartsit:

Iron Valkyrie

Yeah, it's better to direct the energy somewhere than just to let it eat at you.
As long as you take care not to overwork yourself, moving can really help you process the feelings instead of numbing yourself to the pain.
Because emotional pain is real pain. So please be kind to yourself :heartsit:
Thank you so much!!!

Iron Valkyrie

Still sad, 😢

Did combat pro (level 4 difficulty, seven sets-level 3 reps)

Plus one hundred punches

My knuckles are all completely skinned, my knees are skinned from too many push-ups, but I feel better today after working out