Where to find high resolution images from Fitness Programs?

maccs

I'd like print out Hard Reset Cardio & Strength, but when i download their PDF's the image sizes are too small and they are also 'protected' for some reason. Sorry I'm new to this community so any help would be appreciated!

neilarey

Administrator
DAREBEE Team
Shieldmaiden from Greece
"Trust The Awesomeness"
@maccs hi, too small for what, for printing? I am not sure I understand the issue.
We keep the PDF relatively small in size these days to save the bandwidth. It's been a problem in the past.

@Rathgar we lock our PDFs against editing for security primarily. We've seen all kinds of abuses in the past 10 years so we try to make things safer for people out there. When you download our materials from us directly, you are always safe but what if you download them from elsewhere? That still happens a lot. The least we can do is to make it harder for malicious 'additions' to find their way into downloads from other sites.

That's the idea anyway. I hope this makes sense and helps!

maccs

@maccs hi, too small for what, for printing? I am not sure I understand the issue.
We keep the PDF relatively small in size these days to save the bandwidth. It's been a problem in the past.

@Rathgar we lock our PDFs against editing for security primarily. We've seen all kinds of abuses in the past 10 years so we try to make things safer for people out there. When you download our materials from us directly, you are always safe but what if you download them from elsewhere? That still happens a lot. The least we can do is to make it harder for malicious 'additions' to find their way into downloads from other sites.

That's the idea anyway. I hope this makes sense and helps!
I work in a print shop and i would love to print some of these out and tape them on the wall in my home gym! But if that cant be done then i'm sure I can figure something out

neilarey

Administrator
DAREBEE Team
Shieldmaiden from Greece
"Trust The Awesomeness"
@maccs that makes sense! we can't do the whole program but we can upload a few posters or days from the programs to the GDrive for you if you select them. Let me know and I'll see what we can do.

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta
"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Socrates"
I'd like print out Hard Reset Cardio & Strength, but when i download their PDF's the image sizes are too small and they are also 'protected' for some reason. Sorry I'm new to this community so any help would be appreciated!
Hi @maccs - I have noticed that, when printing, the default size for the PDFs are around half the size of an letter sheet. But I then select the Fit to page option in my print window and the PDFs print full-page just fine. Everything looks crisp and clear to me :)

lofivelcro

Hunter from the sticks
"Tomorrow do thy worst, for I have lived today"
I wonder... is that the reason why the workouts have all those compression artifacts? I notice them all the time in newer workouts/programs, around the illustrations and the text.

oneironaut

Alchemist from Astral Sea
"Are you dreaming?"
I didn't want to believe it but it actually looks like the PDFs are more compressed than the web images (web image on left, PDF on right from feel-alive-workout):
1673274459818.png

I don't own a printer so hasn't been an issue for me but the new PDF settings + page sizes look pretty different.

new settings (width: 297px; height: 421px at 100% zoom): https://darebee.com/pdf/workouts/feel-alive-workout.pdf
old setitngs (width: 793px; height: 1122px at 100% zoom): https://darebee.com/pdf/workouts/mage-workout.pdf

(I see the answer might be that it has to be that way for bandwidth but just wanted to share what I saw as well.)

Last edited: