⏺The Sign of Seven Trilogy - 7%
⏺Treachery in Death - 39%
⏺Son of the Morning: Banners of Blood - 15%

⛎Days of Consecutive Exercise: 60

Have a fantabulous day, Bees!

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
Pronouns: She/her
Added 30 minutes of cycling while watching TV, and a half-jog, half-walk attempt. :toohot:

I've made rusks yesterday, and also Oat Breakfast Bars. Darebee's old recipe of oats, peanutbutter, and honey. I replaced the coconut milk with normal milk though.

This will be lunch:

Vegetable-noodle soup, baked chicken and potatoes and a scoop of high-protein pasta salad. Then a breakfast bar and coffee with some rusks. :eatall:

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
I'm not adulting today. I actually just had a horrible night's sleep. Well, I was up more than I slept.

But that's no excuse, is it? Actually, I'm just not interested in doing these workouts today.

Because... may be for ladies only -
It may or may not have something to do with approaching shark week, because the week before I'm always lethargic, and cleaning everything.

I'll probably do casual training on top of the challenges. My go-to "lazy" workout these days seem to be cycling in front of the TV.

I'm turning that into a habit, I think.

Everytime I sit down to watch tube, I just happen to go sit down on the stationary bike. Doesn't seem like such a bad habit to have, right?

And cycling for 30-45min (or even 60 sometimes depending on what I'm watching) definitely should count towards my streak.

I wrote some yesterday, and I think it's going so slow just because I'm having trouble visualizing what should happen next.

I know my characters are in the forest, and there should be some sort of threat, I just don't know what yet. Or what they say or do about it. And where they go from there.

I'm really enjoying reading The Sign of Seven. I've read it before. Binged it, actually. I tend to come back to stories I really enjoyed.

Power cuts in 13 minutes. And I'll go for a walk, catch some morning sunshine and fresh air.

At this point, I'm not sure about Powerbuilder and am thinking of just doing the WOTD next month, along with the rest of Daily HIIT. But again, that could be hormones.

Workouts:

✔Power Hold Challenge D15
✔Epic Abs Challenge D15
✔EotD
✔Dead Hang Challenge D7

🚫Daily HIIT D16
🚫Shadebound D14
🚫5 Minute Strength, 5kg Dumbells.

✔5 Minute Empty Bowl Meditation or Subliminal

What the papers are saying about yesterday:

Writing:

🚫50 Words
✔300 Words
🚫500 Words

Reading for Writing Inspiration:

⏺The Sign of Seven Trilogy - 15%

⛎Days of Consecutive Exercise: 61

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
"Striving to be the change."
Everytime I sit down to watch tube, I just happen to go sit down on the stationary bike. Doesn't seem like such a bad habit to have, right?
Seems like an excellent habit to me!

When I was a kid, we used to go on school trips every year to the Ontario Science Centre. I still remember this one exhibit where they had a stationary bike in front of a column of light bulbs. Pedaling the bike generated power to light up the bulbs. I have long thought it would be a good idea to have such a bike set up to power one's television, so you had to keep cycling to watch anything. (Such bikes are available for purchase these days. But they're too expensive for my budget at the moment.)

Congratulations on your 60 day streak!

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
:loveit: Thank you!

@Laura Rainbow Dragon
@Anek
@Mamatigerj
@Syrius

I have to save my data plan today, so won't be online much.

Workouts:

✔Power Hold Challenge D16
✔Epic Abs Challenge D16
✔EotD
✔Dead Hang Challenge D8, attempted 35sec, made 25sec.

✔Daily HIIT D17, 7 sets, 30s rest
✔Shadebound D15

Writing:

🚫50 Words
🚫300 Words
🚫500 Words

Not fiction, but I was reading up about owning horses, and managing the land on which they are had.

⛎Days of Consecutive Exercise: 62

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
Seems like an excellent habit to me!

When I was a kid, we used to go on school trips every year to the Ontario Science Centre. I still remember this one exhibit where they had a stationary bike in front of a column of light bulbs. Pedaling the bike generated power to light up the bulbs. I have long thought it would be a good idea to have such a bike set up to power one's television, so you had to keep cycling to watch anything. (Such bikes are available for purchase these days. But they're too expensive for my budget at the moment.)

I think I'll keep that in mind with my next spin! I don't go all hero on it. Just a gentle peddle at the lowest intensity.

It's not so much about getting my heartrate up. I just want to keep moving while I'm... sitting?

I guess I'm trying to mimic walking long distances, or steady movement throughout the day.

I do think that gentle peddle adds up, especially if I do it for 45+ minutes. Sometimes I feel it in my knees the next day.

I still have to figure something out with playing Skyrim.

And I have this odd on-off habit of doing a few jumping jacks, punches, or squats everytime I go to the bathroom during the day. That's A LOT, because I gulp down water like a fish these days.

I'm not complaining, it's better than the six cups of coffee I used to replace my liquids with. They're down to three now.

So 3 cups of coffee (still a diuretic), 2.5 litres of water, and 2 cups of ginger-infused hot water (tea?) at night.

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
I'm curious to have your feedback and some information about this OMAD experience.

Hope all goes great fro you.
Take care.

Feedback I can provide so far is that it's total food freedom. I eat my whole day's calories in that hour (1500-1800). It's a little challenging, and I do have to forcefeed a bit sometimes. But you'll get used to it eventually. Edited to add: this does not give you permission to gorge on junk. When you're fasting, you should be especially concerned with proper nutrition.

I can also give you some information based on what I've read, and past experiences, because I did this years ago as well, although I did an eating window approach then where I fasted for 20hrs and had a 4-hour feeding window. I really don't want to go back to eating 3x a day this time around.

Biggest factor (for not getting insanely hungry) is keeping the fast clean so you don't stimulate insulin. At all. Your body basically needs to believe that it's still sleeping. So only drink water, black and unsweetened coffee/tea with a bitter taste profile in your fasting time.

No lemon juice or sweet tasting anything. No artificial sweeteners, diet colas, sugarfree gum.

You are allowed to brush your teeth.

If you break this rule, YOU WILL BE HUNGRY.

So far the best time for me seems to be 1PM-2PM for eating. That way I sleep through most of it.

The first few days were tough, not so much because of insane hunger, because I didn't really get THAT hungry, but more because of the psychological habit of wanting to eat.

It helped me to have everything food related, for me and my family, set up and ready to go on a full stomach, so I didn't have to be around their food and cooking when I'm at my weakest.

The body does get used to fasting. As glycogen depletes to a point where you only have what's left of the previous day's meal, you may have an adjustment period where it feels like you're moving through jello for a few days. But then the body switches over to burning fat and you're golden.

In the future sometime, if I have the finances, I want to experiment with building muscle on OMAD. The best way to do that would probably be eating a bunch of low volume, high calorie stuff. Maybe making a high calorie shake to sip on through the hour, too.

If you have any other questions, you're welcome to ask. This is a topic I studied extensively a few years ago.

Deadoks

Viking from Belgium
"Berserker"
Oh thank you for your answer it's always interesting to read.

I did OMAD some years ago and some KETO as well when I was fully into musculation. And it was to manage easier my diet and my sugar intake.
I also read a lot about it and I was curious about how you feel about it.
I'm right now beginning a 18/6 fasting with only 2 meal per day because for family it's way easier for me to handle. I'll maybe do OMAD in the future.
No lemon juice or sweet tasting anything. No artificial sweeteners, diet colas, sugarfree gum.
Exactly this is so important! A lot of people don't understand the artificial sweeteners and sugarfree stuff have the same effect on your insuline stimulation.
I mostly do tea (coffee as less as possible).

In the future sometime, if I have the finances, I want to experiment with building muscle on OMAD
I did this for quite some time so feel free also to ask.
I did not change my volume of working at all but I had to do my workout just before the one meal because after the workout I needed to eat urgently.
Some whey protein can help for sure, but nothing else needed.
I just remember that my meal was HUGE and mostly I did rice, a bunch of veggies, lentils and meat in a wok :)

The body does get used to fasting. As glycogen depletes to a point where you only have what's left of the previous day's meal, you may have an adjustment period where it feels like you're moving through jello for a few days. But then the body switches over to burning fat and you're golden.
Haha true, that transition can be hard at the beginning. I always have a day or two of heavy headache... and after when it's done I feel so good.
I'm on my day two but I don't do keto as I feel it's too extreme. So I just do less meat, more veggies and enough rice to complete my energy needs.
I'll do some protein shake next month as I'll harden my muscle workout.

Take care and have a wonderful tuesday (10am here) :)

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
I did not change my volume of working at all but I had to do my workout just before the one meal because after the workout I needed to eat urgently.
Some whey protein can help for sure, but nothing else needed.
I just remember that my meal was HUGE and mostly I did rice, a bunch of veggies, lentils and meat in a wok :)

This is what my meals looks like now. 2 cups of rice or carb, meat, lentil bread, and a cup of veggies, generous amounts of olive oil. I also like the Darebee Breakfast Bars for this. They're pretty high calorie and low volume. I don't know if you ever saw that recipe?

It's a little challenging to eat that volume of food especially when your appetite's been lowered by fasting, but hey, Dwayne Johnson eats like 5000 calories in a single sitting so I'm guessing I can teach myself to do that too over time. :haha:

If I had to increase it in the future, I'll rely on stuff like dried fruit and nuts, and nutbutters. Milk as well, because I don't do protein powders anymore.

Here is a recipe for a 1000-calorie shake without it ...

I have to say that once I'm around 20hrs into fasting, my energy starts climbing again. I'm used to working out on empty.

Actually I use the workout to push my body to switching to fat burning faster so I can get over that hunger-hump.

Deadoks

Viking from Belgium
"Berserker"
I also like the Darebee Breakfast Bars for this. They're pretty high calorie and low volume. I don't know if you ever saw that recipe?
No but I plan to have a look on darebeets also. It can be handy!

Actually I use the workout to push my body to switching to fat burning faster so I can get over that hunger-hump.
The best use of workout in that case to burn the carb we ate and go on that stock fat!

Thank you for the protein shake recipe I'll check that and try for sure. I like protein powder doh it goes well with my crohn and it helps me consume less meat. I'll find other alternative in the future but for the moment I need it.

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
No but I plan to have a look on darebeets also. It can be handy!

The best use of workout in that case to burn the carb we ate and go on that stock fat!

Thank you for the protein shake recipe I'll check that and try for sure. I like protein powder doh it goes well with my crohn and it helps me consume less meat. I'll find other alternative in the future but for the moment I need it.

Here it is, I cut them into twelve bars.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240112-194207_Opera Mini.jpg
    Screenshot_20240112-194207_Opera Mini.jpg
    461.8 KB · Views: 4

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
Due to hormonal reasons all workouts have been put on hold. I will do yoga later in the day to keep the streak going.

Writing:

🚫50 Words
🚫300 Words
🚫500 Words

I'll maybe get to writing a bit later in the day. I've moved my stuff to the computer, so hopefully that will work out better.

⛎Days of Consecutive Exercise: 63
💠OMAD Streak: 6 Days

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
Workouts:

✔Power Hold Challenge D17 & D18
✔Epic Abs Challenge D17 & D18
✔EotD [with chair support]
✔Dead Hang Challenge D9

✔Daily HIIT D18, 7 sets, no rest.

🚫Shadebound D16

Not feeling up to doing this kind of movement yet. (It's combat, and includes kicks)

Nothing fast-moving, but strength training seems alright.

Writing:

🚫50 Words
🚫300 Words
🚫500 Words

⛎Days of Consecutive Exercise: 63
💠OMAD Streak: 7 Days

Have a fantabulous day, Bees! :littletail:

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
Workouts:

✔Power Hold Challenge D19
✔Epic Abs Challenge D19
✔EotD
🚫Dead Hang Challenge D10 (Time, had to go to town)

✔Daily HIIT D18
✔Shadebound D16, D17, D18

Writing:

🚫50 Words
🚫300 Words
✔1227 Words

Sometimes writing on the computer is easier than writing on the phone. 🙂 And I'm not talking about the ease of use of a keyboard, but about my actual ability to think of words to write.

Sometimes the small screen works, other times I need more space.

⛎Days of Consecutive Exercise: 64
💠OMAD Streak: 8 Days

Have a great day, Bees!

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
"Striving to be the change."
Sometimes writing on the computer is easier than writing on the phone. 🙂 And I'm not talking about the ease of use of a keyboard, but about my actual ability to think of words to write.
I feel this.

I never write on my phone, because the technology attached to my Surface Pro is so much faster. (Not to mention that the Surface Pro is normally attached to a screen that's big enough and far enough away from my face that I don't need glasses to read it.) But I grew up without computers.

My family did not get a home computer until the month before my 10th birthday. (We were early adopters at that--one of the first families in town to have a computer that was not simply a games machine.) That first computer had a monochrome (green) screen that printed big, blocky letters. Software had to be loaded onto the machine for each use via analog files on an audio cassette tape. And, of course, it was one computer to be shared by a family of four.

When I left home to attend university, I splurged on a monochrome screen that was amber instead of green and a 9-pin dot matrix printer that actually printed descenders below the baseline. The first time I used a WYSIWYG text editor I thought I had died and gone to heaven.

I have been handwriting stories though, since I was five years old. In high school, even though I generally turned in type written copies of stories (and other school projects), I wrote everything longhand first and then transcribed it onto the computer. For the longest time--especially with creative work--I could not compose at a computer. I would sit and stare at the screen and feel as if all my creative juices were being drained right out of my brain.

Eventually my procrastinator tendencies forced me to learn to compose at the computer. (In university, assignments were generally too long for me to have time to write them the night before they were due and still have time to transcribe them onto my computer and print them out before the deadline for turning them in.)

These days I generally compose at my computer because I can type a lot faster than I can write by hand. And because my hand fatigues much faster from handwriting than from typing. (I can type for hours on end without issue. After half an hour of handwriting, I am needing to take time out to shake out and massage my hand.--I'm left-handed. Our system of written language was not designed for the likes of people like me.) And because I need glasses to see what I'm doing when hand writing now, but not when typing if I'm connected to a large screen.

But sometimes, if I'm feeling blocked, I'll move away from my computer and try writing by hand for a while. The creative juices still flow differently that way.

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
But sometimes, if I'm feeling blocked, I'll move away from my computer and try writing by hand for a while. The creative juices still flow differently that way.

I'm old enough to remember, and to have had, one of those old blocky computers.

But the phone is convenient sometimes when I'm nowhere near a computer, so I try to be adaptive.

Also, I once read this thing that said when a blank Word document makes you freeze, you should just start by writing any old thing. Doesn't even have to be related to the story, it's just so that the page isn't blank anymore.

I've tried that a few times, when I actually remembered, and it did work for me.

Syrius

Valkyrie from The Sonoran Desert
Pronouns: she/her
"Energy and persistence conquers all things. -Benjamin Franklin"

I don't usually write on my phone, I find it annoying to use the touch screen keyboard. I do have a Bluetooth keyboard that I can hook up to my phone and it does work when I'm on the go and forgot my laptop. But I really do feel the difference between when I write on the computer and when I write by hand.

Also, I once read this thing that said when a blank Word document makes you freeze, you should just start by writing any old thing. Doesn't even have to be related to the story, it's just so that the page isn't blank anymore.

I've heard that too. I don't have as much of a hard time with that as I used to, but I think it also true of when you are staring at a blank page as well.

That first computer had a monochrome (green) screen that printed big, blocky letters. Software had to be loaded onto the machine for each use via analog files on an audio cassette tape. And, of course, it was one computer to be shared by a family of four.

I'm afraid that I am not old enough to have had one of these. The earliest I remember is Windows 95. I remember that my handwriting was so atrocious that my teachers, from 3rd to 5th grade, would banish me to a computer workstation to write essays.

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
Workouts:

✔Power Hold Challenge D20
✔Epic Abs Challenge D20
✔EotD
✔Dead Hang Challenge D11

✔Daily HIIT D20, 7 sets, 30s rest, with knees-to-nose during rest, and happy baby pose.

I can't do hollow hold, my lower back lifts up off the floor (?) So I did boat pose instead.

✔Shadebound D19, 7 sets, 30-40s rest. Then D20, 7 sets, 30s rest

🚫5 Minute Strength, 5kg Dumbells, nope, because I'm nursing a sore bicep.

Writing:

🚫50 Words
🚫300 Words
🚫500 Words

Today is reading day. 🙂

⛎Days of Consecutive Exercise: 65
💠OMAD Streak: 9 Days

Have a great day, Bees!

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
I asked Natalie if I *have* to forcefeed 1400 calories in my eating window.

This is actually the first time I let her know that I'm doing OMAD. She suggested it a while back but I wasn't sure I could do it.

Her reply:
ooooooh i am SO PROUD of you!!!! well done!!

so yes eat until full and stop
its pure food freedom

ive been eating one meal a day at noon for years and years

and i do crossfit foo

its great and keeps the insulin in check

that is amazing!!!

nat

I'll still focus on protein, though, I think.

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
Having some internet trouble this morning.

Workouts:

✔Power Hold Challenge D21
✔Epic Abs Challenge D21
✔EotD
✔Dead Hang Challenge D12, attempted 45s. Made 20. Lol

✔Daily HIIT D21
✔Shadebound D20 (think I misstyped somewhere.)

🚫5 Minute Strength, 5kg Dumbells

Writing:

🚫50 Words
🚫300 Words
✔1307 Words

Alright, today is reading day, because I wrote yesterday. 🙂

⛎Days of Consecutive Exercise: 66
💠OMAD Streak: 10 Days

Have a great day, Bees!

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
Not gonna be online so much for a day or two, kind of have to save my data plan.

Workouts:

✔Power Hold Challenge D22
✔Epic Abs Challenge D22
✔EotD
✔Dead Hang Challenge D13

✔Daily HIIT D22, 7 sets, 30s rest
✔Shadebound D21, 7 sets, 30s rest

🚫5 Minute Strength, 5kg Dumbells, Nope, because that bicep still hurts.

Writing:

🚫50 Words
🚫300 Words
🚫500 Words

⏺The Sign of Seven Trilogy - 20%
⏺Treachery in Death - 53%

I'm just a Nora Roberts fan, is all. Or J.D Robb for that matter. (They're one in the same)

⛎Days of Consecutive Exercise: 67
💠OMAD Streak: 11 Days

Have a great day, Bees! :love:

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
Workouts:

✔Power Hold Challenge D23
✔Epic Abs Challenge D23
✔EotD
✔Dead Hang Challenge D14

✔Daily HIIT D23, 5 sets, 30s rest
✔Shadebound D23, 5 sets, 30s rest

✔5 Minute Strength, 5kg Dumbells.

Writing:

🚫50 Words
🚫300 Words
✔1623 Words

⏺The Sign of Seven Trilogy - 22%
⏺Treachery in Death - 56%

💠OMAD Streak: 12 Days

This OMAD has actually been turned into a 22:2 or a 21:3 window now. Until I have more information 🙂 ... so that's 22/21 hrs fasting and 2/3 hours in which to eat

Have a great day, Bees!

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
The power is out here. Blown transformer. Yay for darkness! Meh.

Workouts:

✔Power Hold Challenge D24
✔Epic Abs Challenge D24
✔EotD
✔Dead Hang Challenge D15

✔Daily HIIT D24, 3 sets, 30s rest
✔Shadebound D23, 3 sets, 1min rest
✔1 chinup, held for 5 sec at top.

Writing:

🚫50 Words
🚫300 Words
✔1000 Words

⏺The Sign of Seven Trilogy - 26%

💠OMAD Streak: 13 Days

I think at this point my body is starting to get MAD at me about the fasting.

Because it's not fat-adapted and I'm running out of stored glycogen. So feeling dizzy, tired, and overall blah.

Just have to push through that. So I'm suckling on salt crystals, taking SOLE in my water. Hence the workout was a bit slow too. This phase takes about 4-6 weeks. Meh. Here's hoping mine goes by quicker.

Walks/light cardio/cycling seem to help because I think steady endurance encourages my body to burn its own fat.

Maybe Powerbuilder won't happen in February.

Have a great day, Bees!

Deadoks

Viking from Belgium
"Berserker"
You do good continue!
Hope you feel good for your Omad!
If you do less sugar you'll have a hard period of body transformation to burn the fat and not sugar anymore.
For me it can be some days of wrong state.

Hope you know how to handle your Omad yourself as we're all different!

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
You do good continue!
Hope you feel good for your Omad!
If you do less sugar you'll have a hard period of body transformation to burn the fat and not sugar anymore.
For me it can be some days of wrong state.

Hope you know how to handle your Omad yourself as we're all different!

I do still eat carbs in my window, that's kind of the point of fasting for me. I don't want to be psycho around food anymore, so don't want to deny myself anything.

Funny though, I'm noticing regular ice cream makes me clench my teeth, but other carbs like rice don't.

But there is a sort of "middle-line" where you can be metabolically flexible... meaning you can effortlessly switch between fuel sources. So when the glucose left in the liver burns out, switching to fat-burning should become easier in the long run.

Either way, those stars I'm seeing up front isn't just the dizziness, it's the Promised land. 😂

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
Oh wow, hope your power comes back on soon!

I give you credit for being so disciplined, I hope the time flies by faster for you, too! :ss:

Power came back yesterday evening after a full 24hrs. The service in this country...

Eventually, it stops being a discipline. All things considered, when I think back to a couple of years ago, my body got into a natural habit of fasting very easily.

Then, even after 20hrs, you just don't think about food anymore.

Back then I did an eating window approach, eating for 4 hours and fasting for 20.

This time around it seems I'm leaning towards the same, with a 21:3 window. True 23:1 OMAD is just super uncomfortable, Lol. Way too much on my resting digestion.

Anyway, the last time I felt great and had such a sense of peace around food.

But then holidays happened. And family happened (yammering about how unhealthy it is, blah blah. This was my brother. And guess who's doing OMAD now for his diabetes? :sus: ) And it all fell to pieces. Because I take on bad habits pretty quickly, especially when pressured.

Not letting it happen this time around.

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
Workouts:

✔Power Hold Challenge D25
✔Epic Abs Challenge D25
✔EotD
✔Dead Hang Challenge D16

✔Daily HIIT D25, 7 sets, 30s rest
✔Shadebound D24, 7 sets, 15s rest
✔3 chinups

I did this after everything else. I'm probably doing it wrong... oddly, I can't seem to do it without extending my legs out front.

Screenshot_20240125-110659_Gallery.jpg

Writing:

🚫50 Words
🚫300 Words
🚫1000 Words

⏺The Sign of Seven Trilogy - 39%

⛎Days of Consecutive Exercise: 68
💠OMAD Streak: 14 Days

Today went much better! :hooray:

Have a great day, Bees!

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
I did this after everything else. I'm probably doing it wrong... oddly, I can't seem to do it without extending my legs out front.

View attachment 3134
It's not a mistake, you actually work more with your abs and balance your body weight.
It comes naturally especially if you use more strength than momentum of the swing :)

Heroine from Georgia, US
"Getting back to it"
So my brother has gone home. And there is relative peace in the house again. It's pretty cold and rainy here today.

Tomorrow morning's training will be interrupted because I have to take my grandfather to the Doctor's for check-ups. He has to be there at 8 a.m. My husband leaves at 7 a.m, at which point I usually start exercising. Not gonna make my hour.

I'm making Oat Carrot Cake for lunch again. But first I'll be good and have salad. No-Sugar challenge starts today, will post progress tomorrow. 😊

Workouts:

✔Fit December D27, 5 sets, 1min rest between sets. Sigh. How am I going to teach myself to love ab-day? Ab-day is totally worse than leg-day.
✔EotD
🚫5 Minute Strength. 8.8lb Dumbells. Replaced this with the Hephaestus workout.
✔Power Squat Challenge D27, I did this slowly, using a wall for support. It wasn't painful except for the normal muscular strain. I was just careful.
✔Dead Hang Challenge D18, mistyped somewhere. Anyway, attempted 60sec, and made 45... (!?) Most mornings I don't make it passed 30sec. But I wasn't totally dead hanging... I was pulling, and lifting myself up at around 3cm. Hah.
✔5 Minute Empty Bowl Meditation

I'll probably cycle a bit in short bursts throughout the day, with the lowest resistance on the bike. Maybe for 10min at a time or so. Just to keep my knees mobile, because I am going to be sitting a lot today.

In other news for yesterday:

Writing:

🚫200 words
🚫300 words
✔1002 words

Don't know if I'll write today. Not feeling it. Not even 50 words. Lol.

Diet:

🚫20% Done
✔50% Done
🚫100% Done

⏺The Oversight Trilogy - 34%
⏺Treachery in Death - 2%
⏺Son of the Morning: Banners of Blood - 10%
Sick! Great job! I dhould prob read the whole thread and learn this but I'm lazy. What do you write?😁

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths

HellYeah

"On the Run!"
Good job with those underhand grip - hollow hold/L-sit-pull/chin-up . The first chin over bar motion is a great milestone.

The way you do 'em (hollow) works your front chain of muscles more than the back. Still, you should activate your back muscles to engage more. Once they are strong enough, they prevent your legs from going up. (The back muscles are also more engaged in a overhand grip - pull-up.

You can start training this by moving from a dead hang to the arc position.
Using the parallel holds on your bar also helps to open your chest more and engage the back a little more.

I may find a YT video later to explain it a little more, if you are interested.

Good luck on your bar work, it is a great form of exercise.