To Forge an Ironmaiden...

Maegaranthelas

Bard from The Netherlands
Pronouns: They/them
"I sing and I know things"
Ah yeah after just eating bread with 'field bean' powder added I end up needing to lie down on the floor for a full hour because I am exhausted and cold and miserable...
In fact, I usually can't even eat more than three bites of things with 'normal' beans etc. in them because my stomach says no food is better than that food.
I feel like my body might be a bit extreme in its response xD

I can imagine fasting helping if you tend to have some inflammatory bowel responses. More time to rest and recuperate =)

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
Pronouns: She/her
I think I'm going to be taking a break from (updating) the threads... Actually, I'm in the mood for an internet break. And in the spirit of not just vanishing as usual, I'm leaving this message.

I'll sporadically stalk you all throughout the day because I'm weird like that. 🙂 And I'll still count the streaks. 💚💚💚 So I won't be completely away.

Had a bad day in general, and the exercise almost didn't happen. But I'm counting the walk with hubby as activity.

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
Alright so after some consideration I decided to come clean about what happened yesterday which led to me deciding about this whole break-thing, which, admittedly, may not help anyway.

Apparently I'm a pain in the butt to be around when I only do OMAD, because it's hard to talk to me (because of brain fog) and I just "loaf around" all day. I cannot form coherent words. So I hear.

So after 40-something days I'm back on 2MAD.

One (lunch) being meat-free. I'll just try to do the legumes for protein, mixed with wholegrains and some fat. Dried/fresh fruit too, because eating veg twice a day is too expensive.

The money is an issue again. I'm not going into that. And most of my food choices will be influenced by that, anyway. I'm almost not wanting to bother with tracking protein or nutrition in general. So food obsession hardly matters as much as money right now. I can only have what's affordable, and that has to be enough.

Anyway. Here's what I did for today.

✔EotD
✔WotD, 3 sets, 1min rest.
✔2km Walking
✔5-min Strength.

I'm wondering what types of exercises I can do that won't make me lose so much conditioning like just yoga or walking did? Just strength training?

Because of the money thing, it should not make me lose weight.

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
So here's a challenge. I read that caffeine can actually make brain fog worse. Who knew?

But anyway, I'm gonna try, not for the first time, to stay away from caffeine. ATM that leaves Rooibos tea, moringa tea, and warm water/broth. I'm still fasting 18 - 19hrs a day, because that's just part of my 2MAD. So during those hours the only permissible drinks are lightly salted water and moringa tea anyway.

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
I'm in a weird place ATM. Feeling sort of like I don't have goals, not sure what to do with myself today.

I woke up feeling super tired. But I did this:

✔EotD
✔Wotd, 3 sets, 45s rest. Didn't have the energy for more.
✔1.6km Walking
✔Fit Tap

I'm not into writing or editing ATM (what for?). Only reading.

Anyway. Have a nice day, Bees. 🙂

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
@Maegaranthelas I can probably let you know that even a double dose of the digestive enzymes aren't really helping with the... ah... bloatedness.. of eating lentils and chickpeas. I've been eating them in small amounts for a while now, today I upped the quantity by a quarter cup.

Meh. Couldn't finish dinner, too bloated.

Even took two enzyme capsules.

But hey! They might work for you.

This kind of creates a problem for me, because it means I can't rely on them as a cheap protein source. The amounts I can consume them in isn't really enough. Oh well.

Guessing lunch will be a bowl of oatmeal, with 1 egg. That's all I can think of.

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
My colon is not happy this morning. It feels like a washcloth someone wrung out over and over again. So bad, my lower back actually hurts. And had a crappy night's sleep added onto that.

I guess I'm trashing the rest of the legumes. Or actually, I'll give it away to someone.

I'll try doing the WotD (think I'll aim for 5 sets with the back...) EotD and some cycling later.

🧁☕

Maegaranthelas

Bard from The Netherlands
Pronouns: They/them
"I sing and I know things"
Oh no, I am so sorry the enzymes aren't working for you!
I don't know if protein powder is affordable for you, but if you can't get your protein in regular meals, there is nothing wrong with getting them from a shake.
Priority is you get the nutrients your body needs to function :heartsit:
My physio advised me to just have a shake every day, because I can't easily (and cheaply) get more protein from my diet.

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
Oh no, I am so sorry the enzymes aren't working for you!
I don't know if protein powder is affordable for you, but if you can't get your protein in regular meals, there is nothing wrong with getting them from a shake.
Priority is you get the nutrients your body needs to function :heartsit:
My physio advised me to just have a shake every day, because I can't easily (and cheaply) get more protein from my diet.

It works out to be about the same as a serving of actual meat over here, sadly.

But I am getting the RDA at least.

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
Maybe I'm just paranoid about nutrition. Depending on what I'd be having on the day, I would be getting about 56 - 70g of protein a day.

I'm 57kg so, according to the RDA, I just need something like 45g anyway.

I won't build muscle on the amounts above, anyway. Highly doubt it. But hopefully I can still keep what I have.

Oh, and I did the workouts I said I would. Cycling was only 10min but maybe I'll do a bit more later.

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
Thank you everyone!

My colon is still sensitive to the touch. But thanks to all your vibes I've slept better in the wee hours of the morning. At some point I actually wished the sun would come up because I was tired of sleeping.

I'm going to try having an earlier eating window, so breakfast and lunch, to try and manage brainfog. 19ish hours fasting.

And then I can do my workouts after breakfast, an hour and a half before lunch or so, meaning I'll still have fuel in me.

I've never been particularly good at having breakfast regularly though, but since both me and hubby eat our biggest meal at lunch now, it should be easy to skip dinner.

I'm still having coffee. :haha:

I'm starting another story. That's all I'll say. :muahaha:

EotD
🚫Wotd Not today, because my colon still feels weird and I don't think the high knees will help it. I will cycle and walk later on.
Lower Body Blast D1

❇Consecutive Days of Exercise ::: 100

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
I think after two days of suffering the lentils are finally out of my system. Hopefully this time I've learned my lesson.

My breakfast this morning was some leftover curried ground beef. And a healthy chocolate mug cake made with stevia and oat flour. 😋

EotD
Wotd 3 sets, 1m rest
Lower Body Blast D2

❇Consecutive Days of Exercise ::: 101

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
Thanks everyone! Originally I didn't plan on doing today's workouts, but I ended up doing it now, at 19:16. Actually, this isn't a bad time to workout. Now I'll just have to see if I can fall asleep tonight...

EotD
Wotd 7 sets, 30sec rest
Lower Body Blast D3

❇Consecutive Days of Exercise ::: 102

Have a wonderful day/night, Bees! :hop:

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
I stepped into a tiny glass shard this morning when I got out of bed. Right in the heel. Goodness knows how it got there. Pulled out the piece, blood dripped everywhere. I left a trail all the way into the bathroom.

So I've been hobbling along all day because that piece went in pretty deep! And now I have to clean the carpet. Meh.

EotD
Upperbody Blast
Lower Body Blast D7

❇Consecutive Days of Exercise ::: 106

Have a wonderful day/night, Bees! :staystrong: