No rest for the wicked

legolo

Mercenary from Germany
Pronouns: He
"I am the one thing in life I can control"
Consecutive Days: 24

GTBOT: :v:
GUOT: :x: (apparently I disabled my alarm last week. Oops...)
Weight: 110,7kg (no surprise there, after barely eating anything with taste for almost a month I might´ve gone a bit overboard with the snacks at DnD on saturday :D )
Workout: FL Day 24: 4 sets

legolo

Mercenary from Germany
Kinda forgot to update the last days.

Tuesday:
GUOT: :v:
Weight: don´t know anymore
Workout: FL Day 25: 5 sets

Wednesday:
GUOT: :v:
Weight: can´t remember
Workout: FL Day 26: 5 sets

legolo

Mercenary from Germany
Yes, yes. I know I´ve been AWOL a bit again. But with good reasons this time :D

Friday was the wedding of my best friend, haven´t slept Thursday night due to social anxiety (might just be general anxiety though, since it happens literally every single time the day before I have to do anything), didn´t sleep Friday night, since I can´t sleep anywhere other than my bed (I just lie there and wait for the night to be over so I can drive home) and haven´t really slept more than 5 hours a night since then, because summer is back and it´s f****ing hot.

Combine that with my monetary problems, relentlessly searching for work and the absolutely insane amount of cash my medical insurance demands and you get probably the worst week ever.

It´s gotten so bad that I actually go to the kitchen to eat slices of cheese, because cheese calms nerves. Honestly I feel like I need a week off from life. Or a month or so...

neilarey

Administrator
DAREBEE Team
Shieldmaiden from Greece
"Trust The Awesomeness"
Happy Birthday!!

Greeting Happy Birthday GIF by macniten

legolo

Mercenary from Germany
Thank you all who congratulated me. Still alive, as you can see.

Foundation Light: Day 30: 3 sets

I´m very very confused. I finally found the time to finish Foundation Light, and the entire program has changed. Last time I looked day 30 was March Steps and some sort of climber thingies, now it´s Jacks. Very very confused. Did I mention that already? I feel like I have to do the entire program again, now that everything changed.

Now on to why I have been gone for ages. I found a job and am currently working the probably worst job ever. Gas station attendant in part time. The pay is an insult, the hours are a nightmare, my colleagues are nazi scumbags, my boss is utterly incompetent, everything is always broken all the time and my work schedule changes every day. There´s literally only two things I expect from a job. Stability and a steady paycheck. And I´m not getting any of that. I had a job intervew at the mill last week, they actually wrote an email half a year after I applied, I was supposed to come in this week for a practice day and I´m being ghosted again. Bad enough that always happens when I try to date somebody, but now I have to suffer the same b******t when looking for a job? F**k that!

I have no idea how I´m supposed to get regular excercise again. The first shift is from 4am to 1pm (6:30 to 1:30 on weekends) and the second from 1pm to 9:30pm. And since shifts change almost every day, I´m basically either at work or asleep. It´s hell. I haven´t played with my DnD group since June since I have to work every single weekend. Only good thing about all that crap is that I have no friends, loved ones or social life that my horrible schedule could impact.

Only good thing in the last few months: I started a new hobby. I started playing the Warhammer tabletop. Well, not yet. I got the starter kit with two combat patrols and I finished building all my Marines today (with a few screw ups on my part, already broke part of the teleport beacon and smashed the Captains nose), I´m about 30% done with the Tyranids and haven´t even started on building the terrain. Plus I´m really really really bad at painting things. And I realized that I´m still missing a bunch of colors...

OJJJEM

Mother of Dragons Posts: 609
Since your schedule is so messed up, don't follow a strict timetable that you're bound to fail to follow. Plan it around the event itself... working out in the afternoon if you have an early shift, or the morning if you have a late shift. Strategize game plans to fit the most likely scenarios you will face... You may also consider only working out on specific shift days and switch to simple things like breathing exercises or meditation on other days, which are things you can easily do anywhere. Finally, don't get upset about what you can't do or about how you can't do it in a way that's most convenient to you. Problem solve. I know for a fact that you have a remarkably capable mind.

Back