DAREBEE Team
Shieldmaiden from Greece
"Trust The Awesomeness"
Happy Birthday!!!

Happy Birthday GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

brandonjohnson

Knight from Pensacola, FL
"Further up and further in!"
@neilarey @HellYeah @graoumia @Fremen @Anek @MadamMeow thank you so much!

Also tallied 34.5 more miles in June, for a total this year of 245.5 miles in 2024!

At the halfway point in the year, it's worth checking in on my New Year's resolutions. I wanted to get down to 200 lbs and run my first competitive 5K. I'm consistently down to about 206.5 in my first six months of keeping that weight off, and I just signed up for the 5K on October 13. Hoping to lose those last few pounds (and keep them off) and prep for that race!

Last edited:

brandonjohnson

Started a new workout plan today... or should I say, I tried to start one until I tweaked my shoulder and then got a bit lightheaded... :yell:

It's another Buff Dudes workout plan, one of their 12-week plans. I don't have a gym membership or a barbell setup, so I'm adjusting many of their exercises to match what I have.
Buff Dudes 12-Week Plan - Phase 1 Day 1 (partial)

Update on me: I pulled something in my lower back a few weeks ago, still not sure what it was but I was in a good bit of pain for a week until I got a steroid shot.

It's been a couple of weeks and I'm back to normal there, so I thought I'd try something basic to start back up exercising again, already done some treadmill walks and dog walks so I thought I'd be good to go. Nope. Normal exercises (squats, overhead presses, dumbbell bench presses), normal weight (comfortable, matches what I was doing previously), normal reps (again, nothing out of the ordinary), but my shoulder tweaked up on me and I got lightheaded and nauseous. Took a good breather, but now my ROM with turning my head is slightly limited, and I feel it tugging on that side turning either direction.

I'm 36 years old, otherwise in good health and physically fit - just trying to stay healthy, tone up, lose some fat, build some muscle, all that good stuff. I can't start breaking down this young haha... :standby:

brandonjohnson

WEDNESDAY: Buff Dudes 12-Week Plan - Phase 1 Day 1

TODAY: treadmill 5K (46 minutes, 428 calories burned)

Actually got through the full workout on Wednesday, I was able to go through each exercise individually instead of focusing on supersets, I think that might have been what caused problems last time since I was doing it fasted and may have been trying too much activity at once. We'll see if I can keep that momentum going!

Also, I lost my job on Tuesday, so one silver lining will be extra time for workouts & runs. I still have my 5K race on October 13, and I gotta get some more miles under my belt to prepare. It sucks to be back in this spot again with my career, but I know the right position will present itself.

Further up and further in!

Back