Never Give Up, Never Surrender

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
"..one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on.."
@MadamMeow @Laura Rainbow Dragon Thanks!

Woo hoo!!! School's out and I survived the last day! :LOL: I even got some nice goodies from students & parents and signed a few yearbooks. I'll be going to the graduation ceremony for the upper grade in a bit to say good-bye to some of 'my' girls. Now I'll have some peace and quiet to tackle the biggest payroll of the year and fiscal year end.

12 June Workout:
:rstar: PT exercises - 15 min
:rstar: Icon kettlebell workout
:rstar: Super Abs Challenge - day 3

It's very hot here (99F / 37C) and the graduation ceremony is outdoors. I hope it's quick!
Have a great evening! :2hot:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
"..one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on.."
I attended a First Aid and CPR/AED refresher course today to keep my certification current. I always wonder where they get the 'actors' for these workplace videos. After watching the same guy have a heart attack, a stroke, have CPR performed, an AED administered, breathing difficulty and a head wound I started to feel really bad for him! :eyes: But he had at least 3 different wives in all the total scenes; maybe that's what caused the heart attack and stroke? Or one of them was jealous and caused the head wound? idk

It was a very loooooooooooooooong day. We actually had a parent bring their child to school today.........the last day of school was yesterday.......*sigh*

13 June Workout:
:rstar: PT workout - 15 min
:rstar: Full Circuit - day 2
:rstar: Super Abs Challenge - day 4

Do something that makes you happy. :teatime:

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
"Striving to be the change."
I always wonder where they get the 'actors' for these workplace videos. After watching the same guy have a heart attack, a stroke, have CPR performed, an AED administered, breathing difficulty and a head wound I started to feel really bad for him! :eyes: But he had at least 3 different wives in all the total scenes; maybe that's what caused the heart attack and stroke? Or one of them was jealous and caused the head wound? idk
:D
It was a very loooooooooooooooong day. We actually had a parent bring their child to school today.........the last day of school was yesterday.......*sigh*
:facepalm:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
At last a fairly quiet day at work. Most of the staff is gone; there were no parents or kids and hardly any phone calls. But we had all the septic tanks pumped so the office smelled like 💩! Kind of a crappy day. I mean my productivity went down the toilet. But in the end, everything came out all right. Ok, I'll stop now. :LOL:

14 June workout:
:rstar: K-Sculpt Workout - more kettlebells!!
:rstar: Super Abs Challenge - day 5

Happy Fri-YAY!!!!! :wand:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Yesterday I went for a nice hike. The weather was much cooler and windy. Last night we had dinner with friends who are up here camping. We made s'mores over the campfire; only when we make s'mores we use snickerdoodle cookies instead of graham crackers and eat them open-faced. mmmmmmm
chocolate camping GIF

Today is stability and flexibility day:
16 June workout:
:rstar:Back Pain Relief workout - this was harder than I thought it would be
:rstar: Super Abs Challenge - day 6

have a great rest of the weekend!

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Happy first day of Summer!

1St Day Of Summer GIF by @SummerBreak

Been AFDB (Away From DareBee) for the past few days. I've been very busy, as always, but also water aerobics class started this week!!! It's my favorite way of working out. Classes are 3 days/week.

17 June workout:
:rstar: water aerobics - 1 hr

18 June workout:
:x: had to drive to town for an appointment after work and got back very late

19 June workout:
:x: PT exercises
:rstar:water aerobics- 1hr

20 June workout:
:rstar:PT exercises - 15 min
:rstar:Full Swing Kettlebell workout
:rstar:Super Abs Challenge - day 7

Have a great evening!

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
The past few days have been a bit random in terms of working out. It has been very hot here (up to 104F / 40C!) and I've been watering a lot to keep my garden alive. And unless you're in the pool, lake or river who wants to exercise outdoors? :chilling:

21 June Workout:
:rstar: Water aerobics - 1 hr
Also moved furniture in preparation for carpet cleaners

22 June:
light yardwork
moved furniture back after carpets dried (they look terrific btw)

23 June:
spent the day with family and doing household chores

24 June workout:
:rstar:PT exercises - 15 min
:rstar:Super Abs Challenge - day 8
:rstar:Water aerobics - 1 hour

Have a nice evening.

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
A fairly mellow day. Even work was quiet. Ahhhh summer...

25 June workout:
:rstar: Super Abs Challenge - day 9
:rstar: Come Back Stronger dumbbell workout

Time to cook some stir fried broccoli and tofu for dinner. :foodie:
Have a nice evening.

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
I'm still here! Just haven't been logging. Since I took some time off work I have been busier than ever. I won't attempt to recreate my exercise log but I have been doing:
Hiking
Water aerobics
Kettlebell workouts
Lots of yardwork & housework

6 July workout:
:rstar: Full Swing Kettlebell workout
:rstar: Super Abs Challenge - day 11 (still plugging away at this, I will complete it!)
We have been 'enjoying' (aka suffering) an immense heat wave. Today it may top out at 114F / 45C!! :soaked: Over the hill they will probably break the record of 118F / 48C. Ugh.
Early mornings are a brief respite from the heat. Thank goodness for air conditioning; hoping our power stays on.
Stay cool bees! :toohot:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Hello! Popping back on to catch up. We are still in a horrible heat wave. It has broken records and tempers and has been consistently above 110F/ 43C during the day. :tired:
I am spending a great deal of time trying to keep my garden alive. By 10 or 11am it is much too hot to work outdoors. So what better way to keep cool than water aerobics? Lots of other folks think so too; our class has doubled in size!

9 July workout:
:rstar: Iron Will Dumbbell Workout
:rstar: Super Abs Challenge - day 11

Tomorrow I get another cortisone injection in my back. The last one hurt a lot so I will take it easy for a few days and then, hopefully, be feeling much better and ready to step up my workouts a notch.

Stay cool and hydrated bees. :phew:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Greetings on this scorching day! 106F/ 41C :soaked:
Yesterday I had another cortisone shot in my SI joint. It went well but my left leg was weak/numb all day and felt like it was going to buckle. That and much pain at the injection site. I spent a restless night trying to sleep but this morning I am feeling better. At least I can walk on my leg! Pain is less too, so I did a quick workout:

11 July workout:
:rstar: Best Foot Forward - WoD
:rstar: Super Abs Challenge day 13

Tomorrow is water aerobics, yay! Stay cool, bees! :boss:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Checking in...I haven't disappeared yet. Still enjoying time off work from my job and I've been busy painting the interior of the house. Lots of work! But the results are worth it. Add to that watering, watering, watering. We have consistently had temps of over 100F / 37C since early June. Today it will be 106F/ 41C again. This is the hottest summer I can remember, ever. :phew: I hate it.

The last cortisone shot in my SI joint is not working so far but I am being consistent with PT exercises and water aerobics and pushing through the pain. Hoping things resolve soon.

23 July workout:
:rstar: Full Swing Kettlebell workout one of my favs
:rstar: Super Abs Challenge day 14 - still plugging away, I will finish this eventually (-:

Today is my daughter's 19th birthday! We're celebrating and having dinner at a new Italian restaurant tonight. :ss:
Have a great day bees.

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Checking in as it's been awhile. I took a break from logging but have been consistent with water aerobics and PT exercises. The back pain has been an issue, so I've needed to back off on exercise and take more rest days.

23 Aug Workout:
:rstar: PT exercises -15 min
:rstar: Come Back Stronger dumbbell workout
:rstar: Super Abs Challenge - day 15 I just picked up where I left off. Having such a long break probably negated my progress but I'm determined to finish.

Happy Friday bees!

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
@Anek and @MadamMeow :thanks: I have missed everyone on the Hive.

There was a lovely rainstorm yesterday so I went for a long walk in the fresh air, it was wonderful. Hints of autumn are appearing already.

25 Aug Workout:
:rstar: Hummingbird WoD
:rstar: Super Abs Challenge - day 16
:rstar: Iron Will Dumbbell workout

Grilled turmeric chicken for dinner with garden fresh cucumbers and tomatoes! What are you having?

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Popping in again. Now that water aerobics class is over I will be a bit more regular on the Hive. I referred a water aerobics classmate to Darebee and she is excited to have such a wonderful resource during our 'off' season.

We went to the coast over the long weekend, it was overcast and drizzly for a day, sheer bliss! The sun did come out for a bit too and we ambled around my favorite giant redwood grove.

redwood sky.jpg

pancake fungus.jpg

banana slug.jpg

tiny mushroom.jpg

3 Sept workout:
:star: PT exercises - 15 min
:star: SOMA 40+ - day 1
:star: Super Abs Challenge - day 17

Have a lovely evening bees

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Today I had a nerve block injection in my lower vertebrae...and it worked! Finally we've pinpointed the source of all the back pain. It's wearing off now (it was just temporary, to ascertain where the pain was) but I'm feeling very hopeful. Next step, nerve ablation. After that I could be pain-free for 9 - 12 months! :happy:

5 Sept workout:
:star: SOMA 40+ - day 3
:star: Super Abs Challenge - day 19

It's been hot here and Pixie was lazy today. Here's to cat naps!

Pixie lazy.jpg

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Saturday was very long as I was on duty to help Mom with a yard sale. She has a hard time letting go of things, but ever since she downsized she's had waaaaay too much stuff. My daughter and I put some things in the sale and made some $$ too. :cool: It was very hot and I was on my feet 10+ hours and lifting a lot of heavy boxes but overall very successful.

7 Sept workout:
:star:the "Yard Sale" workout - cardio, weights & endurance, walked 8.5 miles :LOL:

8 Sept workout:
:star: SOMA 40+ - day 5. My back was hurting from yesterday, so I dropped down to level 1.
:star: Super Abs Challenge - day 21

Kung Pao Tofu for dinner tonight!:plot:

Last edited:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
@CODawn Thanks!:yas:

Feeling a bit off today, hopefully it's just allergies, though my co-worker wasn't feeling great either.

10 Sept workout:
:star:PT exercises - 15 min
:star:SOMA 40+ day 7. After a week of this program I am liking it a lot. Nice variety, not hard on my joints.
:star:Super Abs Challenge - day 23

I'm going to take it easy tonight. Have a restful evening bees. :zzz: