♡ The Long and Winding Road: A Daydream Believer Finding Nirvana ♡

LizardFriend95

Warrior from The Yellow Submarine in the Merry Old Land of Oz
Pronouns: she/her
"I’m so happy, cause today I found my friends. They’re in my head."
June 27, 2024

Yoga with Adriene 7-Minute Bedtime Yoga

My aunt is out visiting my cousin. She called my dad (and was surprised he wasn't working. So she called expecting him to be at work) to see if we wanted to go bowling or go out to lunch with them. I wasn't feeling well, so I wasn't going to go. But when they were trying to figure out what they were going to do, my aunt suggested if they didn't go anywhere today, they could get lunch or dinner tomorrow. After my dad said he worked on Fridays. They ended up going to Chuck E. Cheese because the bowling alley was pretty high.

I ended up working on a new diamond painting for about two hours while they were gone. Two hours and barely any progress. I'm working upside down for the time being, because this painting is long and wide, and my light box isn't that big. But it works, so I guess it's fine.

I was too tired to get my mat out today, so I just did my go-to bedtime yoga video.

LizardFriend95

June 28, 2024

Feeling a little bit better, but today was a laundry day and the day I make my mom's bed for her. I was more active today, but I got a little too warm during all of that. So I took it easy again.

I did more of my diamond painting. Finally listened to Taylor Swift's new album. I've been trying to listen to albums in one sitting, and that was 2 hours long. I still hate the song Fortnight with a passion. I Can Do It With a Broken Heart isn't my favorite, either. Those might be my two least favorite songs of hers. (The Alchemy and So High School aren't too far behind).

With all the ads in between songs, plus having to pause to do laundry, I worked on the painting for three hours. It feels like I do a lot until I see the whole picture. Then it looks like I've done nothing.

LizardFriend95

June 29, 2024

Still feeling better, but I'm still trying to take it easy. I don't want to rush things. But I'm also feeling the effects of not doing a more active yoga sequence. Nothing major, but I can feel a tightness in my back. I think one more day of rest and I'll bring my mat back out.

More diamond painting. I'm going to look for different containers to put the drills in. I have some tubes from a valentines bubblegum set that I've been using, but they take up too much space, and since I've got so many paintings and drills now, my little case is full. Also, all the tubes are in use, so I'm out of storage options.

Bright side is I've done enough of my painting that I don't have to work upside down anymore.

LizardFriend95

July 1, 2024

Yoga with Adriene 30 Days of Yoga Day 1

My new containers are stackable. I thought that meant able to be stacked. No, these screw in to each other. I mean, it works, but wasn't exactly what I was going for. It does free up a lot of space, though.

LizardFriend95

July 3, 2024

Yoga with Adriene 30 Days of Yoga Day 3
Vivaspa Whole Body Vibration Plate

Definitely feeling my muscles today! Thankfully today was an easier session.

On the plus side, I was able to carry my cat little bucket across the house with no problems.

Our lovely little Cinnamon peed in the floor. I didn't see it, stepped in it, and slid. I didn't fall, but boy did that hurt my hip.

Last edited:

LizardFriend95

July 4, 2024

Yoga with Adriene 30 Days of Yoga Day 4
10 Minutes Vivaspa Whole Body Vibration Plate

My hip didn't hurt today, so that's good.

We ended up buying more diamond paintings... we finally got my dad some cactus ones. He also asked for an eagle one. So we got that, too. I'm gonna be busy. Mom did say she'd try to help with the cactus ones, though.

Hope all my fellow American bees had a nice fourth of July!

LizardFriend95

July 6, 2024

Didn't feel completely better, so same thing.

I ended up finishing my diamond painting, though! Worked on it for 8 hours, split into two sessions.

Listened to Ringo Starr for his birthday, a day early. I didn't think I'd have time to on Sunday.

LizardFriend95

July 7, 2024

Yoga with Kassandra 5 Minute Yoga for Neck Pain & Tension
Darebee Wrist Pain Workout
Darebee Hand Tendons Workout
10 Minute Vivaspa Whole Body Vibration Plate

I woke up so sore. My neck, upper back, and right wrist were killing me. Moral of the story: don't do an eight hour diamond painting session!

I was so worn out that I didn't feel like doing a proper yoga session. Also, we were supposed to have thunderstorms with the small possibility of a brief tornado, and I just can't bring myself to exercise when the weather is like that.

LizardFriend95

July 10, 2024

Yoga with Adriene 30 Days of Yoga Day 7
10 Minutes Whole Body Vibration Plate

Kind of a frustrating day. My dad has a habit now of doing the floors on Wednesday, a laundry day, and the day my family goes out to lunch, because "nobody else will do it." He gets mad if we walk on the floor after he mops, but I'd have to because I'm doing laundry. My aunt also took it upon herself to "help" me with the laundry, which I've told her I don't need help with. It actually creates more work for me and throws me off of my routine. It's also frustrating because instead of her cleaning her stuff up (which my dad constantly complains about) or doing the floors when she says she's going to, she wants to jump in on the stuff I do. She also did this crap when my parents went on vacation. Volunteered herself to cook every night, and she didn't do it, but she'd jump in on the laundry.

Last edited:

LizardFriend95

July 11, 2024

Long day with no real time to do yoga. We had a doctors appointment in the morning, then I went to a therapist in the early afternoon. I couldn't really go to one before for insurance/monetary reasons, and it took forever to get in. I've been given homework to do.

LizardFriend95

July 14, 2024

Yoga with Adriene 30 Days of Yoga Day 10

Got my free "birthday" coffee from Dutch Bros. The cookie dough freeze is so good.

My mom got my sister a really cute Winnie the Pooh backpack for her birthday. It was delivered on Thursday, to the wrong address, and the delivery confirmation photo was of the person walking away from the house. I have no idea how they got that picture, but it wasn't helpful at all in finding the package. Thankfully, the person who got it brought it to us that evening. We gave it to her super early. Her birthday isn't until October. She of course loved it.

For the first time in I don't know how long, my nephew closed the car door on me. I sit in the very back of the car when we go shopping, behind his seat. I waited until we opened the very back and called out his nickname. He just laughed. The turd lol.

LizardFriend95

July 15, 2024

Yoga with Adriene 30 Days of Yoga Day 11
10 Minute Vivaspa Whole Body Vibration Plate with 3-pound weights

Watched Name That Tune last night. During the very last round, Gives You Hell was one of the songs. The contestant said Hope It Gives You Hell instead. Of course, it was wrong so her game ended. That song is absolutely going to give her hell now. And just when I thought I got it out of my head, it's back.

LizardFriend95

July 17, 2024

Yoga with Adriene 30 Days of Yoga Day 13
10 Minute Vivaspa Whole Body Vibration Plate with 3-pound weights

Had to take a full tub of litter upstairs to fill up the litterbox. Did it with very little back pain! Feels so nice. Might start adding some other exercises into my routine now.

LizardFriend95

July 18, 2024

Busy morning. We had to go back to the doctor for results on blood work mom and I had done, just to find out everything was fine. Then I had to go to my second counseling session. And then out to eat with my cousin and her kids.

I didn't want to bring up my counseling at lunch. Not because I'm ashamed, but because sometimes I cry when I talk about my anxiety, and I really didn't want a crying session at lunch. But my dad opened his mouth. Come to find out my little cousin got so scared of the storms we had earlier this week (that was just rain and lightning) that she got sick. I know that feeling all too well. They had been in Georgia before coming here, so they get hurricane weather and tornadoes, but I guess she'd been fine before. It wasn't until she had to go into a shelter during one storm we had that she got bad. I sent my cousin the list of coping strategies I was given.

Littlest cousin was in a mood at lunch, though. It's so awkward when the kids are acting out and the parent is trying to discipline them. Especially since their dad wasn't there and they try to get away with more when it's their mom.

We didn't get home until 2.

LizardFriend95

July 19, 2024

Yoga with Adriene 30 Days of Yoga Day 14

I swear, I had just checked laundry and brought clothes up to fold not too long before my aunt brought up some more laundry. She had taken it upon herself to put the bed sheets and blankets we have Rolo on in the washer, and she was going to add the clothes she was wearing. Now, I had skipped my shower that morning because we were going to give Rolo a bath first thing that morning. So my plans were bathe Rolo, do the laundry, make my bed, and do yoga before having a shower about mid-afternoon. It's also my aunt's shower day, and she usually waits until around the time for my dad to come home before she gets in the shower (I will never understand this). But since she talked about putting her clothes in the washer, I thought that she was going to get a shower early. I went to check what was in the dryer, and noticed she hadn't put her clothes in the washer. So I asked when she planned on taking a shower. Because my sheets and comforter were in the garage in plain view, so she knew I still needed to wash them, and I was at a standstill because she'd put soap and things in the washer. She asked if I needed my sheets washed to put them back on the bed. I told her no (I rotate sheets instead of just putting the same ones back on), and she said that I could take one first. I told her I was going to do some yoga before I got in the shower. So she finally gets in the shower. But this mess ended up making me take all day to do the laundry. This is why I get frustrated when she jumps in. I could have had things done much earlier, but since she decided to put things in with the intent to put her clothes in, with no intent on actually getting her shower done earlier, it took much longer than it needed to.

And honestly, I think she does things she knows is going to frustrate people on purpose, because she does crap like that to my dad all the time.

LizardFriend95

July 21, 2024

My sister came over late, so I didn't have time in the evening to do proper yoga.

Thursday evening, my mom almost had a heart attack because there was breaking news that a body had been found at the store my sister works at. She is a manager, and the area has a bunch of homeless people who come in and harass the workers. My sister has to run them off. It took a while to get a hold of my sister, but once mom heard her say her name, she was good.

We talked about it on Sunday. The workers heard noises beforehand, and they checked things out. One worker thought they heard gunshots later, but they weren't sure. Someone had seen someone laying down in the drive-thru. My sister says that's common, so they didn't think much of it. But then someone had found out later the woman wasn't breathing, so the cops were called. My sister is obviously taking it hard. Plus, when she was outside talking with the police, she saw the body which is hard on anyone. Another thing that's kind of sticking with her is one of her workers is a 16-year-old, and she had been outside checking things out around the time it happened, so she could have been hurt. My sister had to stay until 9 to talk to the cops and help them out. She broke down in the car while she was telling us all of this.

LizardFriend95

July 23, 2024

Fitness Blender 5 Minute Butt and Thigh Workout for a Bigger Butt
Yoga with Adriene 30 Days of Yoga Day 17

I chose the Fitness Blender because it was quick. And I quickly regretted it. My legs were dying later on in the day when I did the vibration plate.

LizardFriend95

July 27, 2024

Finch 2-Minute Standing Stretch

I came so close to finishing my eagle diamond painting. I'll be able to finish it in the morning, though. I'm so behind on pictures! There's two I'll need to take now.

LizardFriend95

July 28, 2024

Finch 7-Minute Standing Stretch

My sister is transferring stores. The anxiety was too much, plus they weren't going to put in more security measures. Mind you, they haven't figured out who did it yet, so who knows how many times that person comes around her store. She doesn't know when she'll be going to the other store, yet, but she's going back into the pharmacy and there's a guy who's going to train her to run the front of the store as well.

I finished the eagle painting! I'll probably try to take pictures of that and my other finished one on Wednesday. My next project? My aunt bought me a Beatles one! It's probably the biggest one I've got so far, and there's a lot of blue.

I started working on it about an hour before my sister showed up. I showed her my finished eagle and my Beatles one. Later on, my brother asked me if that one was Golden Girls or the Beatles. I told him it was the Beatles but there were some Golden Girls ones online. So I'm probably going to end up making a Golden Girls one for him eventually. I lost count of how many paintings I have to do.

LizardFriend95

July 29, 2024

Yoga with Adriene 30 Days of Yoga Day 20

Checked the mail and got the frame for the Beatles painting. Don't know why it came later.

Was trying to open the darn thing and I asked where Fonzie was. It's not unusual for one of us to let the dogs out into the backyard and kind of forget. I look out there, no Fonzie. Look upstairs, in the garage, in my mom's room. No Fonzie. Went back out to check the sides of the house to make sure he wasn't there. Mom and I then went out front because that was the only other option. We've been calling him the whole time we were looking, we go outside and we call for him again. Mom says, "There he is." All we see is a little red spot (he's wearing a red jacket) down the street. He's facing us, just looking at us like he doesn't know what the deal is. I call his name and he starts walking toward me and I'm going to him. This little turkey buzzard snuck out when I was checking the mail and we didn't notice. Thankfully, he was perfectly fine, but just thinking of what could have happened is terrifying. And of course when we get inside he acts like nothing happened. He was acting like a big shot, too. The freaking heart attack I had, though!

LizardFriend95

July 30, 2024

Yoga with Adriene 30 Days of Yoga Day 21

The Beatles diamond ppainting is not the biggest one I have. I've got a Wizard of Oz one that's slightly larger. Send help.

I've been listening to music while I diamond paint, unless I'm watching TV. Since I'm doing a Beatle painting, I'm listening to them. Three freaking albums later and I barely made a dent in it! And I'm not even having to switch colors right now. The background is pure blue.