Latest DAREBEE Videos

Damer

Administrator
DAREBEE Team
Warrior Monk from Terra
Pronouns: He/Him
You don't need to warm up to do this and you can do push-ups on your knees if you cannot yet do a push-up any other way. You're moving a considerable amount of your body's weight (up to 64% when not on your knees) and you're recruiting a lot of different muscles from shoulders, chest and triceps to abs, core and quads.

Damer

Administrator
DAREBEE Team
Warrior Monk from Terra
This is a total body exercise. You do need equipment: dumbbells and a pull-up bar or anything you can safely substitute for them. Do it as one set and it's a brilliant exercise snack (no warm-up required). Do it as ten sets and it's an amazing workout that doesn't take a lot of time but will work your entire body.

JohnStrong

Commando from Alberta
"If not me, who? If not now, when?"
In our latest self-care and wellbeing video I explore the link between the attention we pay when we exercise, how present we are and the results we get.

I think this is an important video. Being fully present is not something I often want during exercise because it is difficult and sometimes tedious. Listening to your favorite spotify playlist, or podcast while lifting or doing cardio is very normalized. I'd argue not engaging in some kind of auditory escapism (e.g. commercial gyms blasting high BPM music), while intensely exercising, is generally considered odd.

I don't listen to anything while exercising these days because I'm only doing HIIT routines and I find any attempt to *listen* intentionally to something just becomes totally annoying and too distracting. A different HIIT routine every day demands my full attention.

Only when I go for walks do I typically listen to music or audio content. But, sometimes I need to be present in order to think and choose silence. Perhaps I'm missing out on some valuable reflection by not choosing silence more often.

Last edited:

Damer

Administrator
DAREBEE Team
Warrior Monk from Terra
Being fully present is not something I often want during exercise because it is difficult and sometimes tedious.
@JohnStrong you don't know just how key this is. Truly, exercise is a stressor; both physically and psychologically. At a neurobiological level it disturbs our internal balance and our system then strives to return to it (it's called Homeostasis) and, in the process, it undertakes the physical, mental and neurological adaptations we have come to associate with fitness. Most of us want something to distract us, at least until we get going. At the same time intentional exercise that engages our entire attention delivers significantly higher benefits for the same effort so it's a fine balancing act (and maybe it depends on finding the right kind of exercise, as you mention).

Damer

Administrator
DAREBEE Team
Warrior Monk from Terra
Weighted sit-ups give a significant number of benefits. Any questions you may have just ask.

Back