Never Give Up, Never Surrender

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
"..one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on.."
:thanku: @MadamMeow @Fremen @Anek What's fun about it is that my daughter got a role too. This will be the third play we've been in together.

Thank Goodness It's Friday!! I had to drive to town for appointments yesterday after work and got back too late to do any working out.

20 Sept workout:
:star: PT exercises - 15 min
:star: Bigger, Stronger Glutes Workout whew! This was a butt-burner for sure.
:star: Super Abs Challenge day 27

Have a nice evening bees. :chicken:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
"..one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on.."
It's a lovely day but no yard work for me. My arm is still tender and the bruising is now beautiful shades of purple and yellow. I'm trying not to use it and so am using Darebee's database to find suitable workouts. So many choices!

21 Sept workout:
:star: PT Exercises - 15 min
:star: Sparrow Workout
:star: Super Abs Challenge - day 28

Have a great day bees! :teatime:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Happy Fall Y'all!
Cats Fall GIF by Sealed With A GIF

Yesterday I put out all of my Fall decorations.
It's back to reality today at work. But my work space looks festive with some autumn decor.

23 Sept workout:
:star: SOMA 40+ day 10, with modifications (no weight on right arm).
:star: Super Abs Challenge day 29

Tonight is our first rehearsal for the play! Have a nice evening. :clap:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
What a mellow day! My co-workers and I were discussing Halloween costumes. Our staff theme is 80's rock stars. So. Many. Choices.

24 Sept workout:

:star: SOMA 40+ -day 11. No modifications needed.
:star: Super Abs Challenge - day 30 :completed: I'm embarrassed at how long this took me to complete, with timeout for injuries, etc. But I was determined to finish and glad to finally be done.

It's taco Tuesday! :taco:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
@Syrius @Anek @Fremen @MadamMeow :thanks:

Today my back was spasming very bad at work. I still don't have a standing desk and so I tried to get up and move around and use ice. I was uncertain about exercising but after my PT exercises I felt looser and went ahead as normal, sort of.
The good news is: it's still Fall! The trees are starting to get sleepy and change colors. I love the turning of the seasons (raking leaves, not so much ;))

25 Sept workout:
:star: SOMA 40+ day 12, modified for arm injury; though it's feeling much better.
:star: Stomach Vacuum Challenge day 1

Have a nice evening.

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Students were very needy today. They needed lots of ice packs, mother to come take them to the doctors' due to a weird rash, band-aids, hair ties, new shoes (and foot spray!), to announce it was their birthday, to call home, to lie down, to make copies, etc., etc. :eyes:

26 Sept workout:
:star: SOMA 40+ day 13
:star: Stomach Vacuums Challenge day 2 I'm not sure I'm doing this right, watched the video, but my stomach doesn't look at all like @neilarey 's :LOL:

Happy evening bees!

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Feeling very frustrated today. I have a few duties at work which I've never been trained on, was never hired for and yet must still do. I've been trying my best but I.Just.Don't.Get.It.
I feel incompetent, which I know isn't true, there are lots of things I excel at, but some things I'm required to do just aren't in my skill set and there's no one to hand them off to. Discouraged, but not giving up. I press on.

Mad Sigourney Weaver GIF by Laff

27 Sept workout:
:star: SOMA 40+ day 14
:star: Stomach Vacuums Challenge day 3

Happy Friday bees!:corner:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
I woke up still feeling overwhelmed but just decided to get busy. I made Breakfast Chickpea Blondies which were very tasty.
bfast chickpea blondies.jpg

Now after a long day, my bathroom is clean, my windows are clean, my floors are clean, the garden is watered, the lawn mowed and I'm feeling a bit better.

28 Sept workout:
:star: SOMA 40+ day 15
:star: Stomach Vacuums Challenge day 4

I'm going to make some Tofu Curry for dinner. Have a nice evening. :teatime:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Today I had lunch at a remote restaurant along the river with a group of friends. We sat outside on the patio with a view of the mountains, river and beautiful fall colors. Perfect. And wood fired pizza, yay! I decided I needed to sneak in a workout after indulging.

:star: PT exercises 15 min
:star: SOMA 40+ day 16. If this is how I should be working out for my age then it makes me think that I've been pushing myself too hard.
:star: Stomach Vacuums Challenge day 5
And my football team won today, woo hoo! :yas:

Have a nice evening.

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Sometimes you gotta just walk away from something for awhile. Remember the project that had me so frustrated on Friday? Well I figured it out today with no problem. huh. Maybe my brain was tired. Never give up, never surrender!

30 Sept workout
:star: SOMA 40+ day 17
:star: Stomach Vacuums Challenge - day 6

It's Monday and that means it's time for a dose of Pixie:

Pixie wild.jpg

Have a crazy evening bees!

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Happy October!
Stop Motion Cat GIF by Mochimochiland

I had my nurse's hat on all day today and didn't get any of my 'regular' work done. Instead I bandaged boo-boo's, gave out ice packs, clean socks, wipes for a very dirty child with limited facilities at home for staying clean )-: , coffee for ADHD students, dental wax for a broken retainer (that was a first), in addition to all of the naughty ones being sent in to speak with the principal. I'm fried!

Now I'm facing a mountain of personal paperwork at home and it's the last thing I want to do...

1 Oct workout:
:star: SOMA 40+ day 18
:star: Stomach Vacuum Challenge day 7; feelin' a difference!

Have a relaxing evening bees! :scroll:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Another crazy day. Who knew there was an inter-district track meet and volleyball game on the same day? And a teacher's meeting? I feel like I answered a lot of questions.

2 Oct workout:
:star: SOMA 40+ day 19
:star: Stomach Vacuum Challenge day 7

My first rehearsal is tonight! Have a wonderful evening bees. :applause:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Know what I like about living in a small town? Everybody knows you.
Know what I don't like about living in a small town? Everybody knows you.
I stopped at the market for some produce and saw 7 people I know. Which meant that I had to stop and say hello and shoot the breeze so as not to appear rude. But sometimes this introvert just wants to be anonymous. :peek:

3 Oct workout:
:star: SOMA 40+ day 20
:star: Stomach Vacuums Challenge day 8

Gonna hibernate tonight and recover from all the socializing ;)

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Today the local high school had their homecoming parade which meant that lots of parents came to pick up their kids early to attend. #winning! It was chaotic for about 20 minutes and then.....calm. A nice way to end the week.

4 Oct workout:
:star:PT exercises - 15 min
:star:SOMA 40+ day 21
:star:Stomach Vacuums Challenge day 9

Pizza & movie night! Happy Friday everyone.

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Yesterday was Operation Pine Needle at my house. First, get on the roof and blow the needles off. Then, while up there, clean the gutters. Next get on Mom's roof and do the same. Finally, clean up the huge mess on the ground. I think we've bagged over 500 gallons of needles so far and it's no surprise that my back hurts today. We had such a very hot summer that the normal needle shed has increased at least 10 fold. And most of the hardwood leaves haven't fallen yet..... :cry:

6 Oct workout:
:star: SOMA 40+ day 22
:star: Stomach Vacuums Challenge day 10

Gonna relax for the evening. Enjoy, bees! :softz:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
I had a bit of a set back last week after the second nerve block was done on my back. It worked great--blocked the pain--for about four hours, but after it wore off I have been in worse pain. Getting poked with needles in the spine will do that, I guess. So I didn't do much 'official' working out but I did do my PT exercises and a couple of days of the Stomach Vacuums Challenge . The good news is that the next step will be nerve ablation in about 3-4 weeks time. That will hopefully get rid of the pain for many months.

13 Oct workout:
:star: SOMA 40+ day 24
:star: Stomach Vacuums Challenge day 14

I made some chicken noodle soup from scratch (with extra garlic) and some roasted garlic too. Ain't gonna be no vampires here! :bat:
Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Thanks for the healing vibes @Laura Rainbow Dragon @MadamMeow @Maegaranthelas @Fremen :thanks: They must have worked because I am feeling better today.

I managed to get quite a lot done at work today, despite the fire alarm randomly going off (!). It seems to be an equipment malfunction and it's only audible in the office but wow! it's loud! Hopefully they'll get it repaired quickly.

14 October workout:
:star: SOMA 40+ day 25
:star: Stomach Vacuums Challenge day 15

Lovely Fall weather here. The leaves are falling and acorns are bouncing off of the roof. Cozy.
Its Fall Coffee GIF

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
I can tell there's a full moon coming....it was chaos today in the office. I gave out lots of icepacks. :( And answered a ton of spam calls. :mad:

:star: SOMA 40+ day 26
:star: Stomach Vacuums Challenge day 16

Taking it easy tonight. Enjoy your evening. :teatime:

EmeraldQueen!29

from USA
Pronouns: She/Her
Know what I like about living in a small town? Everybody knows you.
Know what I don't like about living in a small town? Everybody knows you.
I stopped at the market for some produce and saw 7 people I know. Which meant that I had to stop and say hello and shoot the breeze so as not to appear rude. But sometimes this introvert just wants to be anonymous. :peek:

3 Oct workout:
:star: SOMA 40+ day 20
:star: Stomach Vacuums Challenge day 8

Gonna hibernate tonight and recover from all the socializing ;)
I know the feeling I live in a small town too. Everyone knows you and everyone's business and goodness they can gossip. I usually just speed to the store or send my husband so I don't have to stop and chat. 🤦🏽‍♀️🤣

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
More chaos today! Very little of my 'regular' work got done. But hey! I have a job, and I'm thankful for that.

16 Oct workout:
:star: SOMA 40+ day 27
:star: Stomach Vacuums Challenge day 17

Just for fun, here's a picture of a jackrabbit from behind the house:
jackrabbit.JPG

Off to rehearsal! Have a nice evening bees. :lovely:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Full Moon Summer GIF by NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center

The full moon effect is really a thing. Students, adults, pets they're all affected! I've observed fights, injuries, grumpiness, food cravings, questionable humor, DWI driving (!), late-night crazies (Pixie!), BIG spiders, and an expectant mom go into labor in the past 24 hours. No werewolves yet though. Despite all the weirdness, today was all right. Maybe it was because of the weirdness. :LOL:

17 Oct workout:
:star: SOMA 40+ day 28
:star: Stomach Vacuums Challenge day 18

Off to rehearsal again....:click:

Back