Welcome to the Guild!

Hello heroes and welcome to the quest board. I'm the Clerk. I keep the board tidy, stamp the paperwork and write down every hit you land.

The quest above is our very first one, and it won't be the last. From today a new call for help will go up on this board every weekend at the same time. This weekend's quest runs:

Starts: 2026-10-10 10:00 (Athens time)
Ends: 2026-10-12 10:00 (Athens time)

Every quest after this one follows the same Saturday-to-Monday schedule. The only weekends we skip are the ones when a seasonal event is running in the Hive. Even guild heroes need a break for Halloween.

The Guild
The Hive is a guild and you are its heroes. Calls for help come in from every corner of the realm: places in trouble, problems nobody else can solve, the occasional creature with far too many teeth. Each one goes up on the quest board and we take it on together.

There are no teams and no sides. Everyone faces the same foe and every rep you put in counts toward one shared total. Each quest has a hit point total to beat before the weekend is over. If we reach it the realm is saved. If we don't, we lose (and yes, I file that too). Win or lose, every quest goes into the guild records.

Each quest is complete on its own, so you can join any weekend you like. No catching up needed.

Your Class
The Class on your forum profile is yours to pick and you can change it any time. It's pure flavour. You may spot it in a story or next to your name in the log, but it never changes how you take part. A Bard hits just as hard as a Barbarian here.

Guild Ranks
Every quest you take part in moves you up the guild ranks. Your rank emblem appears on your profile automatically and changes as you climb:

  1. Copper
  2. Iron
  3. Bronze
  4. Silver
  5. Gold
  6. Mythril

Joining In
Everything you need is in the quest post above. New faces are very welcome and this first quest is the perfect place to start. We would love to see this hall full again.

Good luck out there, heroes. The realm is counting on us!

~ The Clerk, Keeper of the Quest Board
 
I cannot strike a fellow serpent. Most draconic beings are creatures of noble intent who are simply misunderstood. However, I do recognize the need to restore the lighthouse. I approach my watery kin for a parley.

As I draw near, I discover the poor creature's scales are lousy with barnacles. No wonder the serpent is out of sorts! I happily strike some blows to knock off those pesky hitchhikers.
 
I cannot strike a fellow serpent. Most draconic beings are creatures of noble intent who are simply misunderstood. However, I do recognize the need to restore the lighthouse. I approach my watery kin for a parley.

As I draw near, I discover the poor creature's scales are lousy with barnacles. No wonder the serpent is out of sorts! I happily strike some blows to knock off those pesky hitchhikers.
Look at that adorable face 😭
1791641762438.png
 
Did some sitting punches and sit-up punches to knock off barnacles lower down on my new friend's beautiful scales. Then some lunge punches to get at the mid-height ones--and to get my Ranger Challenge back on track. Of course I got ambushed again after my Ranger patrol. So 40 more punches! :LOL:
 
Did some sitting punches and sit-up punches to knock off barnacles lower down on my new friend's beautiful scales. Then some lunge punches to get at the mid-height ones--and to get my Ranger Challenge back on track. Of course I got ambushed again after my Ranger patrol. So 40 more punches! :LOL:
Oh, thanks for the reminder, I forgot to add those!
 
Maybe a bit of a silly question, but I want to be sure.. do I understand the instructions above well that a jab + cross counts as 1 punch? 🤔 Or is it 2?
Now that I'm looking at the graphics and rereading the wording, I am wondering this too. At first glance it sounded like every punch = 1, but now it might be jab + cross = 1, unless doing seated punches, where every punch + 1.
If that's the case, my submission which is still being verified should be halved.
 
Victory!

The serpent unwinds one coil at a time and slides back into the sea with a huff. The lamp flares to life. By midnight every boat is back in the harbour and the keeper sends the guild a barrel of smoked fish. Nobody is sure what to do with it.

20,000 punches in 22 hours by 75 adventurers.

Encore: The Mother of All Serpents

The serpent is gone and the lamp is lit. The guild is halfway through the keeper's smoked fish when the harbour bell starts ringing.

The serpent did not go back to sea. It went home to its mother and told on us. Its mother is bigger. Much bigger. She is coming up the bay right now with her baby peeking out from behind her and she would like a word with whoever poked it.

Nobody wants a fight. She just needs to be persuaded that Saltreach is a terrible place to live. The guild lines up on the harbour wall and gets punching. Firm and polite. Every punch is a nudge back toward the open sea.

The guild needs 18,500 more punches before 2026-10-12 10:00 (Athens time). Same punches and same box at the top of the thread. Saltreach is already saved so the Encore can only add to the win.
 
Let's all knock the barnacles off the mother serpent! Awoohoo!

No little sea serpent will ever need to return to the lighthouse in the dark night, for the mother's lustrous scales will be the brightest light under the sea!
 
"Mama, this here harbour is lousy with barnacles. And there are boats. Big boats! Sure, a magnificent serpent such as yourself could make short work of them with one puff of your fiery breath. (But please don't! There are people on those boats who value their lives as much as you do your own.) But those boats could be dangerous to your wee one.

"No harm intended. We respect you and your kin! But boats are big and slow to turn. Traffic needs to be regulated within tight spaces like Saltreach in order to keep everyone safe.

"You are a wise serpent. I'm sure you understand. Let us help you with your hitchhiker problem. Then please, please take junior back out to sea where they will be safe."
 
Awww! No wonder the sea serpent was so adorable! It's just a baby! And yes, this harbor has way too many barnacles. Look at how they encrust the shoreline of the lighthouse. Mama will be so much more comfortable without those giant barnacles. My hands are useful for solving the problem.

(Also, Mama is probably the one keeping the krakens at bay. Calamari for giant sea serpents.)
 
Encore Cleared!

The mother serpent huffs, collects her baby and swims off into the sunset in a very dignified way. The baby waves its tail on the way out. Saltreach decides that counts as goodbye.

Everyone in the quest earns an extra Guild Point for the Encore. Every punch from now until 2026-10-12 10:00 (Athens time) is a bonus hit.
 
Great work, everyone!

I wave farewell to my watery kin, then head back to the guild hall for a well deserved supper of kippers and hot sauce.