Swashbuckling Under Neon Lights in a Grimdark Futuristic City with Tons of D20s

Sólveig

Pirate from Cabudare - Venezuela
Pronouns: She/Her
"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Thanks @Nihopaloa

It went well. I always had my mask on since I was still going through the cold, but at noon, I started to feel better. I played the guitar, played the drum... It was a very musical day, and a busy one. But it was a good day, the best one of the week. Was it worth sacrificing the screen for tomorrow?

Partially, it was. If it had been only one thing, I'd be 100% fine with it, but having the meeting with the non-profit right after was... very annoying. And then there was a powercut, but it didn't last long. I barely had any time to work out, but...

valkyrie.jpg

I'm switching to this plan for July. Suckerpunch wasn't really tiring, though I worked out some sweat with it. It was quick, and it got the job done as I didn't do anything today.

The reason as to why I'm not GMing tomorrow is, well, because I had to prepare for today, which took all my energy considering that I got sick in the middle of it. And I'm fine, not because I wanted a break, but because I managed to write tonight. It's the backstory of a character that the GM desperately wanted, and at first I thought I'd make it simple, but a very 1 in a 100 roll said otherwise. Yeah, I got an 100 on my D% for life events, so I had to roll a D12 to give her 9 life events for her backstory. I cramped them all up because some of them can be mixed with the others, and ended up with four NPCs, one of which turned out to be the GM's second PC from our first campaign; the Tiefling Monk that parkoured his way up to the flying BBEG in the middle of a meteor storm. Neither of us intended for him to be there, but after having him shortly mentioned during the rolls, I proposed to him that he can be on my Cleric's backstory. He's down with it, most likely because he wants to bring him back up as an NPC on his campaign. I wouldn't mind. That Monk was pretty badass. There's not much development that he needs, though, as his story is pretty much over. But I'm not against a reappearance, even if it is minimal.

Next week, I'll finish up the current arc from our Urban Fantasy campaign and start prepping the first session of the Planescape four-shot as we reprise our first four characters in Pathfinder 2e.

July 1st, 2023
Kickboxing: Day 128

Morning Routine:
:v: The Right Side + 10 Decline Push-ups
:v: Sól Salutation - LVL I +EC
:v: Daily Dare: 100 Punches +EC
Count: 1160 - 1156 +EC

Night Routine:
:v: Mani Salutation - 1 Set
:v: Five Rites
:v: Virasana Meditation
:v: Daily Gratitude
:v: Counting Victories

Programs:
Break from Programs for a while. Switching to Valkyrie TP.
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
:x: 100 Burpees +EC
:v: WoD; Suckerpunch +EC
:v: DAREdice: 16 Full Burpees
:x: 1 minute Uttanasana w/Toe Reach
:x: Hamstring Stretch - 1 minute each stretch (+1 minute per side)
:x: 2-Minute Plank
:x: Daily Walk
:x: Shuffle Dance! (#1, #2, #3, H.A.T.E.R.)
:x: Belly Dance
Dancing Days: 10

Challenges:
:v: Everest: Day 1
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:
:v: Nifty 350
:v: Furious 500
:v: Nightcap 200
:x: News Column 900 Max

:x: 1500 Words Daily!

Reading progress:

:x: Ringworld - 40%
:x: The Colour of Magic - 48%

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
The entire morning and noon playing guitar!

Others:
No sleight of hand, cardistry, or card magic
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
@Fremen For me the difficulty was more about the way to fit the days rather than the interest. I want more Strength. I could've gone back with Knight, but Valkyrie called my attention more due to the way the rest days are put. My issue is where to put it so that I can get Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays free, and Sundays somewhat free due to the responsabilities I have to attend to in those days, plus Sundays is D&D day. With Knight is easier, but Valkyrie seemed more convenient. And I managed to work it out, because I focus more on the lower body than the upper body, so I don't mind putting less effort on Tuesdays because I have classes.

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
D&D day. Not my time behind the screen, but this one taking the spot has created an incredible campaign. It was quite a fun session that had an unexpected turn for him. I think I got myself two possible allies / NPCs that I can bring up with adventures. A meme from Castlevania came up during the session. The Dungeon was a bit sloppy, but he did good overall. The bits of roleplay were quite fun, and... I freaking love playing a Chaotic Neutral Order Cleric with a very narcissistic goal. He said we're not making a lawful campaign, and we're delivering.

He followed my advice about not planning a lot of everything, because the plan will always get tossed out the window in the table. In fact, the beginning was supposed to be peaceful, but the Barbarian got himself into a barfight, and I roused it. A Barbarian starting a barfight was expected, but not for him. In fact, he didn't expect that I started to rouse the fight once it started instead of calm everything down, though I had to remind him that, when he said he wasn't allowing any Lawful alignment, I already had a pretty chaotic character whose powers and roleplaying card were built based upon a certain controversial Internet personality because it was going to be the most hilarious idea ever. And we're all delivering into this mess.

Of course is not going to be complete and senseless chaos, as I do have a goal bigger than trolling NPCs. He had to homebrew GTA/Saints Row-inspired mechanics about territories, money, and stuff, but it wasn't really hard... until he mentioned the amount of gold we could earn. I had to tell him that he needed to create stuff to spend that gold on, because, though it's pretty good, it's useless if the amount gets too big and we have nothing to spend it on.

I'm pretty excited about this, though. He's taking some uncharted territory in my universe, and I already let him know that whatever happens in his campaign it's canon not to the campaign setting itself, but to his story. The reason I told him that it's because it's still a work in progress, and I'm taking a huge retcon through Planescape, because there are things that I didn't tell them originally. But having him worldbuild uncharted places saves some time. Who knows? We've been teased about getting published, but it requires some effort that's still outside our grasp.

The issue is that I'm the most professional writer on the table. And while we have two artists (including myself), we still need a lot of investment to do make this campaign setting successful, shall we even decide to persue that road. I know Dragonlance was born playing, and this could be born as such too. But I still think putting it on a Wiki-like website is enough, shall we, as a whole, go down that road.

There's also a lot of proofreading, since a couple of places still have placeholder names, or too similar names to real places. Adding letters and anagrams can help, though.

But yeah. tl;dr, D&D day, I had fun playing a CN Order Cleric.

July 2nd, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 30 Cossack Squats +EC
Count: 1161 - 1157 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: DAREdice: 20 Push-ups

Challenges:
:v: Everest: Day 2
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:
:x: Nifty 350
:x: Furious 500
:x: Nightcap 200

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
I did finish something that I started a while back, before I committed myself to play guitar. Other than that, I didn't write much, except putting stuff on my VtM chronicle. The table already finished with the Coterie, so it's now up to me to make the first story of them, which is pretty much how they met and stuff.

It's my day off, so I'll only write for fun. D&D, VtM, Pathfinder, solo play... whatever. I'll pick the guitar back up seriously not today, except during class.

Also, I finally got done with the job of making an inventory of the nonprofit's library. Got rid of a lot of books that people will never read, and books that were in a pretty bad shape. Now, I need to organize everything again, and update the database, which is a manual process since we don't have a computer, but I'll be doing a digital database once the handwritten one is finished. Suffice to say it was a good day, overall. Even with the powercut at noon, it was good.

July 3rd, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 30 Seconds Calf Raises +EC
Count: 1162 - 1158 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: 100 Burpees +EC
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
:v: Sculpted Legs +30 second rest between exercises
:v: DAREdice: 12 Jumping Jacks

Challenges:
:v: Everest: Day 3
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Picking myself back up, I just wrote down the first chapter for my VtM Chronicle's first story on the table. I left the final scene partially done, but everything that I wrote had me already brainstorming where I could take the group on the next chapter. The story is, esentially, the plague bearer quest from Bloodlines. I find that rewriting that quest is the best way to take my table through the three pillars of roleplaying games using a new system. I'm putting off combat up until Chapter III, though, mostly because I don't have my screen ready, and V20's combat is quite tactical. Is not as bad as the overwhelming amount of maneuvers that GURPS have (which can be already chosen by the GM beforehand, if I'm being honest), but fighting without maneuvers is very stale, and it doesn't feel strategical. Even D&D, which is pretty much "hit it until it dies" can have a lot of tactics without the use of maneuvers. Is not a big complain, I actually like Storyteller's combat more than D20's combat (mostly because it's faster), but I do require to have the table of maneuvers, which isn't really big. In fact, I do need a lot of tables. The table I won't be using is the aura colors. Two out of three have Auspex (three out of four, if we also take my NPC Malkavian that's expositioning them into the World of Darkness), so I'd much prefer to do what Jason Carl does and tell the information that they see instead of the colors and the meaning of the colors.

Guitar class, also practice... Good day too. Good day off, but I didn't stop writing. The reason I'm doing TTRPG a lot is to bring back my count. And now, I have to prep for Sunday. I'll be doing that tomorrow, as I write.

July 4th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 40 Toe Taps +EC
Count: 1163 - 1159 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: One Arm Push-ups Prep +30 second rest
:v: Daily Walk

Challenges:
:v: Everest: Day 4
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

:v: 1500 Words Daily!

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Guitar class. Also, Tárrega's Study Nº10

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
I'm getting distracted again. I mean, I am writing, it's just that I'm not writing what I'm supposed to write. I might have to take some time with it tomorrow, which... I do not want, partially? But I committed myself to it, so I must.

I just need to silence my inner critic again, that is all. I can write. I just prepared my D&D's next session, and... I haven't told the group because I don't want to jinx it, but also found a way out to get the cancelled campaign back on track. I eyeballed my post-session notes, eyeballed through some planned plot twists, even managed to get to the partial notes that I scribbled to plan out the session that I couldn't work with. I can't do it as a Sandbox. I think VtM will be better for a Sandbox as prepping for VtM is so easy I could just do it on the spot. I mean, I'm already getting inspired by Bloodlines. But, back to D&D, I can recover that campaign. I want to, since I might need some extra time to finish preparing the Planescape campaign. I haven't finished reading the book, and I'll gladly step out of the screen when I must. The other GM needs extra time to prepare than me since he's busy, and I'm already planning a 10-character hack and slash Level 0 Raid that all of them can play either through 5e or PF2e. All they need is to roll up three characters each; with one of them rolling a fourth one, and I'll handle the NPCs in the dungeon. It can even be taken as a Megadungeon and have those leveling up all the way ot level 20 with little to no prep. It's only a hack and slash session, and after reading 5e's DMG, I figured a house rule to make them not to roll characters every time they die. In Dragon Age: Origins, a game over only happens when the party is wiped. After a combat, if a party member fell, they'll just get back up, but have a injury instead. That's the house rule. If some of your characters fall during combat, and enter Dying 4 or outright fail the Death Saving Throws, they'll get back up with a major injury. If all of your characters do, then they all die, and you must either get them resurrected, or roll up new characters. It's a megadungeon, I'll probably plop the new ones in as prisoners getting released, or something. There's no plan. There's just roll.

July 5th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 40 Reverse Angels +EC
Count: 1164 - 1160 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
:v: WoD: Valkyrie - LVL III +EC +Old Version
:v: DAREdice: 10 Jumping Jacks
:v: 1 minute Uttanasana w/Toe Reach

Challenges:
:v: Everest: Day 5
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Well then, a powercut rendered my day unproductive. And after I came home, it was late to do things, since I had to be busy with water...

At least I got to draw again. I drew a map, but it looked way too much like WoW's Outland, so I'm starting over. Not going to lie, it was good practice, and it brought me some ideas about how to distribute things better.

I'll try to write tonight, or edit something, or... I don't know. Whatever comes, I guess

E: Got a manuscript done, ready for publishing. First of a series!

July 6th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 30 Push-ups +EC
Count: 1165 - 1161 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: Ba Han Sheng Qi Gong: Disposition, evolution, future in love
:v: DAREdice: 12 Full Burpees

Challenges:
:v: Everest: Day 6
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
I drew a World Map that ended up looking way too much like WoW's Outland. I'll start over

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Last edited:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
@Nihopaloa Well, if it was in English, I don't think anyone here would be interested with it. At least not what I'm releasing, for now. If I have something that suits your interests, I'll drop a link.

Interesting. I have been listening to tagelharpa music for quite a while. I've been listening a good amount that the algorithm seemed to take up on my interest and threw me tagelharpa tutorials. And I'm okay with it. I didn't feed Big Brother stuff that tells it that I am interested in playing the instrument other than checking C. M. Ferrari's website before spring. It took it long enough to realize that.

I mean, it's great to see that there are actual resources for it. I thought that was going to be a dead end. There's only one teeny tiny problem that I have, one that it's very minor: I don't have the instrument, lol. Yes, I do want one, but maybe wait until I have enough to buy one, or until I am somewhere where I can get one easier. Seriously, I think it'll be way easier to make one instead of ordering one online. Then again, I don't have the craftsman skills to make instruments. But I do know that El Sistema does teach some luthier lessons. It's a matter of getting tools together.

Speaking of tools and music, today was a day spent mostly playing guitar, and drawing that map again. The hardest part, which is the shape, is done. Now, I'm filling stuff on it, which requires some more planning and worldbuilding on my part, but at least I got there. I'm still taking Warcraft as inspiration for this world. The layout of the map no longer looks like Outland, which is good. I still took some concepts from Warcraft. Dalaran being a floating city? I mean, in this world it has a better justification than being just magic. I also put in place three points of interest that intrigue me. There are some dungeons listed, but they won't be appearing in the map unless I zoom in those regions. It's the first time I'm taking this approach, and to tell you the truth, I find it easier even if it is just a blank page with the shape of the land. The visual aid helps a lot.

Now, about the guitar, yesterday I realized that Study Nº 10 came back to my memory, so I started doing so while I tinkered on the computer. For a while, Google Images has been broken on Firefox, on Linux, so I've been trying out another alternatives. I crashed my computer with Ungoogled Chromium, and Pale Moon is a bit laggy. I haven't tried other browsers, but it's something that isn't crippling my abilities to surf. Anyway, while I downloaded, rebooted, configurated, uninstalled, reinstalled, all of that, I kept playing Study Nº 10 over, and over, and over... until I am picking it back up, finally. It's only a matter of speed now, as everything is in my head. And it's good that's in my head, because it took me a lot of effort to memorize it the first time, and I don't want to lose it again. That study is a baseline on fingerstyle guitar. I can't tell you how much my technique improved when I did it the first time, and it's good that I'm recovering it. I don't have to lose it again, so I'll put it on my warmup whenever I'm going to play for the longest.

Not much writing, I'm afraid. I thought I had the spark, and this is why I'm posting. I was going to skip, but something came up. I wrote it down, and... as soon as I wanted to do other stuff in Manuskript, the spark was gone. I think the problem is that I have too many tabs open in Manuskript, so I'll try tomorrow to open one document and focus on it. Things get easier when it's only one thing to do.

Funny how organization is something that I'm good at, and at the same time, it's the thing that cripples me. Either I'm too controlling, or I thrive in chaos.

Victories were counted. It's just that those victories were in the wrong battles today. But there was a small victory in the right battle. I'll check out that map. There is something there that keeps me drawing to it.

July 7th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 60 Seconds Arm Scissors +EC
Count: 1166 - 1162 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
:v: WoD: Hyperion - LVL III +EC +Rest between levels
:v: DAREdice: 8 Full Burpees
:v: 1-Minute Plank

Challenges:
:v: Everest: Day 7
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Redid the World Map. It's still a sketch, but it's better now. It needs to be filled, though.

Music:
Study Nº10 the entire day. Memorized it, now it's time to speed it up.

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
I am back. After playing guitar today, making an improvisation and recording it so that I can harmonize the hell out of it on MuseScore, I can definitely say that I am back to where I used to be back in 2009. I missed feeling like this. It's like I'm rekindling that again.

But I'm not falling in love with it. If I'm writing music, it'll be more to praise the Gods and nature itself. If I'm playing, then it'll be just for fun. I already made up my mind that I can't deal with music professionally. That door has been closed a long time ago, and there's no point in knocking it down when I'm already walking down a path that is more satisfying for me. Yeah, writing sucks at first, but if I'm being honest, doesn't everything suck at first? Making the first notes sucked, until I found a way to weave through it. Playing a piece for the first time sucks until I start getting the hang of it. Writing the first draft sucks until it gets to the point in which I have to finish it, no matter if it's worst than when I started it.

Starting it's the hardest part. Staying in motion is hard too, but that's mostly a matter of habit. And, for me, habits are hard to build. A routine is hard to build when the things that anyone else take for granted I don't have, like not being surprised by powercuts, or not having to calculate water supplies and having to spend nights carrying water from outside the house back in because the pressure isn't enough to get them into the pipes inside the house, or having to figure out how to live with under three dollars a day. It isn't pretty. The conditions are bad. Then again, a lot of the people I admire came from bad places too.

I did play the guitar, and drew a plan. I wrote, but not enough. I plan to do some extra work tonight. It was, after all, a very busy day.

July 8th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 50 Plank Rotations +EC
Count: 1167 - 1163 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: DAREdice: 8 Sit-ups
:v: 1-Minute Plank

Challenges:
:v: Everest: Day 8
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Study Nº 10, Andreina at a higher tempo, and also wrote down a melody

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
I tried to write, but it was more staring at a blank screen than editing. Even editing something froze me up.

I know the culptrit. I have some things inside my head that I need to get out. Not exactly plot bunnies, but more like a lot of pressure that I put myself without any reason. Self-critic also plays a role on it. I'll slowly change that today. Last night, I just went straight to bed after doing nothing for hours.

TTRPG day. D&D and VtM. Still haven't started the chronicle, but I improvised a dungeon with some dice rolls. It was one of the most hilarious things I've ever experienced, and I can't believe it happened with the most serious characters. VtM dungeons always end up being D&D dungeons at some point. Had it been a videogame, we would've bricked that dungeon completely, but thankfully, through my storytelling improvisation skills and a very important success on an investigation roll, we found a way. Luckily, our Tremere had three dots on Thaumaturgy: Path of Conjuring. And all of that happened because said Tremere went into Rötschreck due to a Bestial Failure. Combined with my Malk's derangement (she experiences the curse of Malkav through a combination of Truman Show Delusion and Quixotism that has left her extremely paranoid about both the Camarilla and the Second Inquisition), our Toreador was forced to get rid of his iPhone, which had an important playlist to get rid of those ghosts. In the middle of roleplaying, while the Toreador was saying the solution, he interrupted himself in a break of laughter that we joined as soon as we realized we bricked the whole thing. Man, if that was actual part of the Chronicle, I would've given them extra XP at the end of the session, just because we were all in character and in with those awful rolls.

I also almost TPK'd my entire party on D&D. Literally. The Fire Breath of a dragon almost killed our Monk / Warlock and our Artificer due to failing their DEX saves. The Monk / Warlock player is already rolling a backup character just in case his dies. And, if I'm being honest, I don't want to kill those characters. The chemistry between them is quite good, so it'll be weird to have a foreigner.

July 9th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 40 Jumping Lunges +EC
Count: 1168 - 1164 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
:x: DAREdice: Unrolled
:x: 1-Minute Plank

Challenges:
:v: Everest: Day 9
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"

This was unexpected to see when I checked out the Workouts page. It does remind me of someone. I figured I should do that workout with Kanary, back to back, at SS level with no rest. And at the end of the day, reward myself with a slice of cake. Just for her. Weird to see how, even though she's no longer with us, it still feels like she's still here... just training as a petitioner in another plane of existence. I would've loved to play D&D with Kanary, tbh. We did talk a lot about it, and I loved her character ideas.

Speaking of which, I'm doing a solo tonight to get off my ass and start writing. I put myself a deadline for next week, so fingers crossed that I make it. The reason for it is that this story is a gift for someone. It isn't meant to be published, and only read by them.

July 10th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 3 Minutes Half Jacks +EC
Count: 1169 - 1165 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
:v: DAREdice: 8 Push-ups, 10 Full Burpees
:v: WoD: Shake it Off - LVL III +EC +Rest between levels
:v: Monday +EC
:v: Wrecking Ball - LVL III +EC +Rest between levels
:v: 1-Minute Elbow Plank

Challenges:
:v: Everest: Day 10
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Sketched out another map to practice

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Last edited:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Well, then, it seems like playing solo wasn't good for today. I only got almost 1K done due to all the distractions, plus the Internet connection being sloppy. There was also the matter of self doubt, and scrapping 500 words of content that didn't need to be there in the first place.

I don't want to continue it right now, but I hate that I'm having ideas. I might end up jotting them, as there's a scene that I need to finish. And I hate it that I got another idea after working on this. This is good and bad in so many levels, but I still need to put something out there too, so... I don't know if I can work two things at once, but if one of those things is shorter than the other, it is doable.

Funny enough, I didn't roll too many dice on my current session. I guess I didn't find myself in the position where I need to make a roll. On one hand, it is good because I understand the character's abilities. On the other hand, it makes me feel like I'm railroading myself.

July 11th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 50 Knee-in with Back Kick +EC
Count: 1170 - 1166 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: WoD: Tempered Steel - LVL III +No rest between sets
:v: One-arm Push-ups Prep +30 seconds rest
:v: DAREdice: 8 Sit-ups

Challenges:
:v: Everest: Day 11
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Guitar class, Study Nº 10 too

Others:
No math
No Python

Last edited:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Rough day for writing. I tried to continue where I left it off, but I couldn't do it. I guess I'll have to think on something different. I'm not discarding it, though, but I think I'll have to get back to it another time. I don't have anything clear yet, but at least it's good to have it because it helped me to move forward. I just found myself in a situation in which I need to draw something, and soon.

To compensate for it, I decided to prepare my Pathfinder campaign, which it seems it'll be longer than I intended. It's a new system, and I don't want to jump through a bunch of levels in an instant because it'll take me longer to prepare. After checking Planewalker, I found some adventure seeds that helped me on how to go through the story. The main purpose of that campaign is to have our original party back together again, and to fill in some holes, and cement some ideas from my worldbuilding that, back then, was very much Flip Flop of Gods. And, I know, it's just a game, but I can't stand the idea of having a canon that is vague and always changing without any justification whatsoever. So I'm going for the approach of "all is canon until it isn't."

I still don't think I have many victories to count today. But I'll try to write something tonight. On the other hand...

When I noticed this on the afternoon; two hours after upload, I screamed. I haven't nerded out about music for so long since high school. I feel for my poor girlfriend who had to stand me nerding about a cover of one of my favorite bands done by a member of one of my favorite duos that I found out about semi-recently. High school, like I said. Back then, when I found out that Mike Portnoy worked with Kevin Moore after so long in O.S.I. I felt the same way

July 12th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 60 Side Bends +EC
Count: 1171 - 1167 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
40 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees

Challenges:
:v: Everest: Day 12
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Busy day. All I could do was to prep my Planescape campaign, which is turning longer than I expected. I didn't think I had to make up a few things, so I'm working on it. I guess the other GM has his game ready, so I still have some extra time, and if not, I could easily improvise a from zero to 20th level raid to spend the afternoon. It'll be easier if I'm just the GM, and the players handle the ten characters. One will handle four, and the other two will handle three.

I wanted to write, but the issue was that the water came. When all that work was finished, it was midnight, and I didn't want to do anything. Thankfully, I woke up with the need to work today, so I'll be doing that, with different breaks to work out.

July 13th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 30 Side-to-side Lunges with Toe Point +EC
Count: 1172 - 1168 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: Ba Han Sheng Qi Gong: Attention, Alert, Alarm
:v: DAREdice: 8 Squats

Challenges:
:v: Everest: Day 13
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
I wish I wrote. I really did. Problem is that the day got busy doing chores. And then it rained. And then it stopped raining. And then it rained again, and all the effort doing laundry was for nothing.

I could have posted last night, but I decided to attempt to write instead. Merely 300 words, and that was it. I'm getting in the mood for writing, but when it comes to do the job, I can't do it. It's been like this for a while. I just want to get on the zone again, but my inner critic is always screwing me up. It got stronger, so I have to fight it again.

I did learn that I can do 150 Climbers in 60 seconds though. Possibly a bit more. This is going to help for Sunday, since it's game day.

July 14th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 60 Seconds Plank Hold +EC
Count: 1173 - 1169 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
:v: WoD: Northwoman - LVL III +EC +Rest between levels
:v: DAREdice: 4 Lunges

Challenges:
:v: Everest: Day 14
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Tiring day. The nonprofit's anniversary is this month, so we had an event in the morning to showcase the activites, and I participated in all of them. Qi Gong, Biodanza, DMT... Not going to lie, it was fun, and I even got to dance a little bit because the music was really good, but damn, I came home and...

I just want to sleep right now. It feels like I spent the entire morning doing cardio, and I kind of did.

At least I had some worldbuilding done, but it wasn't something that involves word counting. I just made lists of locations. And I just realized that what's blocking me is the inner critic. I can't find a way to shut it up when it comes to writing. First drafts are supposed to be shitty, and I don't need to find a perfect way to start when I have a blank page. I just need to start. But either I always forget it, or it gets louder. I don't know. I just don't want to be on a good rush, and then have a hiatus. Not good for me.

July 15th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 20 Butterfly Sit-ups +EC
Count: 1174 - 1170 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: Ba Han Sheng Qi Gong: Future in love (Last movement)
:v: Qi Gong: Tian
:v: Biodanza
:v: Dance/Movement Therapy
:v: DAREdice: 16 Jumping Jacks
:v: Shuffle Dance! (#1, #2, #3, H.A.T.E.R.)
Dancing Days: 11

Challenges:
:v: Everest: Day 15
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Got myself in the mood for drawing. Because my current character that isn't a GMPC (Order Domain Cleric in 5e) is also the protagonist of one of my stories, I've been feeling in a rush for developing her. The worldbuilding efforts from last night are certainly helping. Besides, I redrew her Holy Symbol to make it more artistic. Her chaotic and deviant tendencies had left today's D&D session with a lot of laughs and ample opportunity to actually let it be known that her pride is so high that even if she dies a martyr of her cause, and is brought to life, automatically proves her to be a Goddess on her own right. That's because she already thinks of herself as such, and is very convinced at it. Like I said, I'm inspired by certain Internet personality, and it has produced something that has been far much more fun than I thought it would be, and it is really funny. But, today, it showed that she can be hedonism and libertine debauchery personified, but she has a good side: she doesn't lie, and really cares about her followers. Her conviction in the first sessions made her say that she is a Goddess that doesn't betray her followers, and it seems to be going that way. I don't know what the DM has in for her, but regardless as to whatever he does, it seems that she'll always end up winning.

Of course, it wasn't D&D completely either. We rolled up our Toon characters, and polished them up since the Animator (that's how GMs are called in Toon) brought it to the table after the end of our session. My character was already done, with the exception of his inventory, which I had to build with him. And since the Wizard from our first campaign is travelling all over the multiverse, the player who plays it decided to roll it up again, just like the Bard / Artificer from our all-Tiefling campaing rolled her up in Toon. It was an easy, and yet, difficult conversion, mostly because on how overwhelming the choices were. But we helped out each other to build our characters, and we ended up making an improvised game before the animator improvised one scene based of one of those in the books, and another scene that happened right after that. The fact that my character is very flawed and has bad rolls doesn't make it bad at all. In reality, his sole purpose is to roll poorly because he is a failure.

Man, today was really fun. I honestly don't know what I'll do tomorrow, because I do want to make stuff.

July 16th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 25 Jump Squats +EC
Count: 1175 - 1171 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: DAREdice: 20 Push-ups

Challenges:
:v: Everest: Day 16
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Last edited:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Hard day. I'm still working with the library. Indexing books without a computer is a bit hard, but I am working on it. I'm almost done with the numbers. Once I'm done with it, it's a matter of putting them in, and done.

Since yesterday's D&D helped a lot with me, I decided to spend the day developing the main character of an actual play I suddenly stopped because I had no backdrop to keep the story going. I managed to get a quasi-outline of her entire story, rolled some dice, and have some plot hooks to actually write down her backstory. Now, I don't know how I will organize that, but the effort is there. I mean, last night, after session, I started to listen to Porcelain and the Tramps (Porcelain Black now) again, and coincidentially found a song that fits the character. I think that was my main motivator. Anyway, I wanted to keep up with it, but there was one small issue: the power went out once I was about to start. And it didn't come back until after dark.

It was also quite a windy day, with sudden rain. In fact, the power went out as soon as the wind picked up violently.

Anyway, I think that's it. It wasn't a bad day. It was just... not good. I don't know how many words I wrote because everything is handwritten in a notebook, and I don't feel like counting them. It's mostly a list of stuff. But I did draw her holy symbol. It's the same cleric I'm playing, only divorced from my DM's campaign and also his grip. I told him to make up the NPCs on her backstory. But it's my character, and it is my universe in which he's making the campaign anyway.

July 17th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 25 Jump Squats +EC
Count: 1176 - 1172 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
:v: WoD: Hall of Fame - LVL III +Megaset
:v: Wrecking Ball - LVL III +Megaset
:v: DAREdice: 20 Full Burpees

Challenges:
:v: Everest: Day 17
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Did the final drawing of my Order Cleric's Holy Symbol

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Last edited:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
No guitar lessons. I moved them for tomorrow.

On the other hand, I spent most of my day outside, and preparing the first VtM story for the chronicle. In fact, I had a shot of brilliance, and scrapped the first story I had planned in favor of another one that is more intriguing, and it makes more sense to have it first. I already placed in the quest giving character and the baddies. All that remain are stat blocks which, thankfully, on the Storyteller system are way too easy to make; so much so that I can improvise them on the spot, but I don't want to do that just yet. I was almost done by now, but I want to take a rest and write something else.

So, I'll post before I forget.

July 18th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 40 Toe Taps +EC
Count: 1177 - 1173 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: WoD: Merlin - LVL III +EC +Rest between levels
:v: One-Arm Push-ups Prep +30 seconds rest
:v: DAREdice: 4 Squats

Challenges:
:v: Everest: Day 18
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Last edited:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
There was not much I did yesterday when it comes with writing... except finishing up the first session of VtM. The rest of the day was spent in making the screen, and there are a lot of rules to cover. Thankfully, most of them are modular, and many references I don't need on the screen, so I put it on index cards that I can pull out whenever I need to check those rules, like Sunlight or generating NPCs on the spot.

A rather uneventful day. Good. I like it uneventful.

July 19th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 30 Seconds Side-to-side Jumps +EC
Count: 1178 - 1174 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
:v: DAREdice: 16 Sit-ups

Challenges:
:v: Everest: Day 19
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Guitar class

Others:
No math
No Python

Last edited:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
A nasty powercut today. It was pretty much the entire day. I let it all out by being completely dramatic for a bit, and then doing something that I had in my head since I woke up. Using GURPS Ultra-Lite for writing that was interesting. Very easy to come up with characters and rolls whenever the situation rises, and I didn't need anything. All I needed is to make bullet points in a notebook. I ended up with, pretty much, a pilot for a three-chapter novelette. I used index cards to make the characters, before I realized I could use the way Ultra-Lite folds to make my own booklets. In fact, I watched three videos that use the idea, and I kinda want to make a small 8 page book in a single sheet of paper, and write an entire story on it. And when it unfolds, there's another story behind. Or even a thank you letter. It would be good to spread stuff through word of mouth, to say the least. And I know some people that could be interested in a gift like that. GURPS Ultra-Lite suggest using that blank face as a character sheet and game notes too.

Speaking about GURPS, I'm also in the mood for making an entire campaign setting using it. A fun one that I think the group would like, especially since there are more D6s than polys. And now that I think of it, I could make my Toon character into one of those, and fill it with illustrations, and stuff. I'll have to see into it first. It's an interesting idea.

This is what I'm talking about, by the way:

Anyway, I'm going to try and write some more, and see if I can turn that outline into narration. I think I did the first line right when I started playing, so it'll be a bit easier. I did it this way so that I can play faster, and I don't need to get into details, but start detailing stuff when it is time to write. It's simpler this way, since improvising narration is harder in writing because the temptation to edit and the inner critic are at its strongest than when I'm doing it on the table.

Thank you for teaching me how to write, TTRPGs.

July 20th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 20 Elbow Plank Arm Raises +EC
Count: 1179 - 1175 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees

Challenges:
:v: Everest: Day 20
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
It's been a long day, but not in a bad way. I just had to struggle with the need for not writing, but thankfully, having almost every single paragraph as a bullet point to expand later on has made it easier. It's still taking a while, but the fun part is that I get to roll some dice again. I do this because I feel like there's more to tell in that event. In fact, I realized one character that begun as just someone unimportant turned out to have more sense to be connected with one of the planned characters. I ended up dumping the backstory of them as soon as I realized it, and it turned out very ok. I'll do this more often. My inner critic protests, but it doesn't matter. I managed to get halfway through the entire game, and I already have some ideas about what's going to happen on the next game. As a good GM, I jotted them down in my 5" x 3" pocket notepad that I picked up the habit of carrying it in my pocket all the time again.

I still need to come up with rolling tables for writing in the case I have no idea, and I need to spit something out. I remember reading it on How to Write Pulp Fiction, by James Scott Bell. Apparently, Erle Stanley Gardner used nine "rolodexes" (not described by that in the book, but the concept is the same) to come up with brainstorming ideas. This is something that I already do as a GM. In fact, I actually scrapped a story for VtM that I came up with using the rolling tables from Pathfinder 1e's GMG. Now, I can use the tables that I have, but that isn't enough, or specific enough. I need to come up with my ideas, but that'll take some time.

Normally, I would use two or more dice, but there is a curve that I've already experienced. Using 2D6 will mostly get me the numbers between 5 and 7. 3D6 will mostly result in numbers between 9 and 11. This is good for random encounters as a GM, since I can use this math concept to make the environments have sense, to make sure what are the common enemies, and stuff. But when it comes to brainstorming, bad idea.

Now, Toon has a variant of the D% table, which uses 2D6: one of those is the tens, and the other is the number that goes from 1 to 6. I've seen this type of table on other places too.

But yeah, in a nutshell, I can do the same concept with dice. Hell, I already did before, it's just a matter of making it for something different. I have a lot of tools to my disposal, it's just a matter of learning how to use them. And I need to dedicate one time to do some metawriting before continuing to write. There's no need for random number generators when I already have two good things that can do that for me: two packs of cards, a set of 7 polyhedral dice, and 6D6 (7D6, if we include the D6 from the polyhedral). And if I need more, I already have an app on my phone, which is what I use for VtM. And if the battery dies, screw it, I'll ditch V5's rolls in favor of using Theatre of the Mind's system, which replaces dice with RPS.

What was I talking about again?

I also did a tray, and a couple of new GM screens, one of them will be for GURPS Ultra-Lite. It doesn't really need a big screen, but this is GURPS Ultra-Lite we're talking about. Eventually, if the table likes it, will probably want to move up to GURPS Lite, which only adds a few more rules.

I'll keep on writing, but not tonight. 3K is good enough for the day. That is 12 pages, damn... If I get to do something else, it'll probably be a piece of flash fiction.

I'll try to do the other 12 pages tomorrow, and then I'll play the next chapter. I'll have to write it fully on Monday, since Sunday is game day.

July 21st, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 60 W-extensions +EC
Count: 1180 - 1176 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: WoD: You Have to Catch Me First - LVL III +Megaset
:v: Lone Warrior - LVL III +EC +Rest between levels

Challenges:
:v: Everest: Day 21
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Made a 5" (125 mm) diameter hex tray. I'm using inches because inches are more commonplace for paper formats than centimeters.

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Well, I didn't write. I got distracted by one of those videos above and drew a character sheet like a booklet... a VtM character.

I ended up drawing her even, and... even though I still have the thing, I really need to practice it more. I have to keep practicing a lot of skills that I don't want to lose... I've been getting lazy with it.

I don't think I can write tonight. It's already late, and I can't think of anything but tomorrow's game. I'm really hyped for it.

July 22nd, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 30 Side Elbow Plank Rotations +EC
Count: 1181 - 1177 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: DAREdice: 12 Squats

Challenges:
:v: Everest: Day 22
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Illustrated my STPC from VtM, and even drew her Clan symbol on the back of her character booklet.

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
D&D and VtM day. Finally, we kicked off the chronicle. First chapter, and one member of the coterie almost died due to a critical coming from the baddie. It pretty much filled all of his boxes with Aggravated damage, leaving him on the floor, almost incapacitated. "Two more successes, and you'd be dead in one single shot," I told him after I saw the damage roll. The thing about this combat is that it lasted only one round, and less than five minutes in real time, but it was very, very lethal.

Anyway, it was a fun day. They are new to the Storyteller system, but they seem to enjoy its simplicity, even though I homebrewed things by adding a few mechanics from V5 to a V20 game (with V5's metaplot).

I didn't do anything else for the rest of the day. It got busy that night.

July 23rd, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 20 Hook Kicks +EC
Count: 1182 - 1178 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:

Challenges:
:v: Everest: Day 23
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
Even though I had a couple of pack of cards, I didn't tricked them, though I practiced some
No math
No Python

Last edited:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
My attempts for writing were almost futile, with a good reason: I had a gender dysphoria attack that left me away from the keyboard for as long as I could. Every single time I would stare at any document, I would do whatever to avoid it, because there was an image in my head that I couldn't get out. I had to change clothes in order to mitigate a bit, and even then, I was very distracted by outside forces. I did some work, but it wasn't enough.

At this moment, I am doing something else, but I'm still writing. I didn't like working out today either. Sculpted Glutes... felt like I was doing nothing. It felt too easy, and I thought it was going to be harder. Wrecking Ball is harder, but I wanted to try something different today. I guess I'll stay with it for a bit more.

July 24th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 60 Get-ups +EC
Count: 1183 - 1179 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: Sculpted Glutes +EC

Challenges:
:v: Everest: Day 24
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Last edited:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Either something from beyond called me, or it was a pure coincidence. I read some news about something that happened on Monday, and then it ruined my day. I'm still a bit freaked out, but yesterday, emotionally, wasn't a good day at all. And I don't know what to think right now. News broke out about people getting arrested because they were gathered somewhere, and had a room filled with explicit content. Now, the law says that explicit content is illegal, but it doesn't specify. Instead, it englobes everything, including that which is done by consenting and willing adults. All these people were all gay men, and they were consenting. Some of them were released, but their names are floating around.

Why am I freaking out about this? Because this is the second time it happens, and that it goes very viral. And I don't get it. The law says it, yet no one seems to enforce it. Many people in here are adult content creators. Fun fact, some of them work from the prisons themselves. The issue is that the law it is only enforced when someone reports these people to the police, or so it seems. I'm not a lawyer; I can't tell if that's the case. Nevertheless, like I said, this is the second time that a big arrest like this happens, and it goes viral. A few years ago, many gay men were arrested because they had an adult content studio. And, as usual, the reporters put their names on big display, for everyone to see.

Here's my issue: let's say that law is fair. Is this true law enforcement, or is this homophobia? Because they are only arresting gay men, many of them consenting adults. We all know here that both the police and the military are always looking for a reason to arrest anyone, and they don't care if it is an illegal arrest or not because they are the law. And then you have the journalist making their names, knowing how big homophobia is in this country. Something that restored my faith, though, is that people were quick to point out the journalists' lacks of ethics. I found myself readong a lot of comments saying "of course, they make their names public, but when it comes with murderers or molesters, they censor everything, but here? They even put the pictures of their IDs." Is that law bad? No, but its enforcement is. Does that law require an ammendment? Yes, the law should exclude consenting adults. Is this a human rights issue? Honestly, I have no idea anymore.

I had to read the law again to see who were the people behind it. I wasn't surprised with the names I found. A TERF, a left-winged conservative from the same cut as those who put roadblocks on women's rights, the one who slowly destroyed the entire educational system...

Venezuela... A country where even the law exploits sex workers, and you could get arrested, and have your life ruined by unethical press, just because you were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I want out. I feel like my life is in danger more than ever now, and I'm not even a sex worker, or out of the closet for that matter. Only in this country is illegal to even be kinky with your significant other.

July 25th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 10 Stacked Push-ups +EC
Count: 1184 - 1180 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
:v: WoD: Captain on Deck - LVL III +Megaset
:v: Seated Boxer
:v: DAREdice: 8 Squats

Challenges:
:v: Everest: Day 25
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
I don't know. I played the guitar during a night powercut, hungry because no gas and electricity to cook, a thunderstorm... I did practice tremolo and did my best to do studies, plus I think I remembered another one. My speed has increased, so there's that.

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
I did some writing, but nothing that reaches any of my dailies. Most of my writing effort was put into reading writing advice, mostly about the inner critic. I found a letter that amused me a lot, and it actually made me write in my head a reply to that. Pretty much a letter dismissing the inner critic, telling them that their vacations should be permanent, and that they are fired and unwelcome anymore.

It was powerful stuff. It got me into writing right away... but it was near my time of giving the class that I couldn't give yesterday... and I didn't recover after.

I think after what happened in the last couple of days I might needed the day off to recover. I know that I have two things to do tomorrow: brush up my next VtM chapter, and carry on with my current WIP.

July 26th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 60 Seconds Elbow Strikes +EC
Count: 1185 - 1181 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
:v: DAREdice: 16 Squats

Challenges:
:v: Everest: Day 26
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Guitar class

Others:
No math
No Python

Tileenah

Warrior from France
:hug: these laws seem awful to me and not within human rights... I'm really sorry to read about those arrests. I genuinly don't understand how people can spend so much time and energy fretting about what consenting adults do together when there are so many more important and life concerning things to deal with... Lots of :love:and empathy to you!

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
:hug: these laws seem awful to me and not within human rights... I'm really sorry to read about those arrests. I genuinly don't understand how people can spend so much time and energy fretting about what consenting adults do together when there are so many more important and life concerning things to deal with... Lots of :love:and empathy to you!

The reasoning behind the law it's to deal with organized crime and terrorism. To my knowledge, there hasn't been a single terrorist attack in Venezuela, unless you count the events of April 11th of 2002 and the future uprisings from the people's discomfort as terrorism. The last terrorist attack happened in 92, and it was done by those who are in power now. As for organized crime, it was a worry since the Colombian cartels grew, especially when it became known that the government has done deals with them under the table (E$TADO CAPITAL is a book that spills all of the tea about it), but this law is completely moot, because it didn't stop Tren de Aragua to become so big that they are considered the MS-13 of South America. Such grow has been allowed by the government's mistakes to deal with crime too.

So yes, while the law and the goal of the law is good, Article 46 from that law requires a complete rewrite, because the way it is written, it includes everyone, including consenting adults. Even taking a picture while you're being intimate with your partner is considered a crime under its wording. I wouldn't have any issue with it if it said the words "unwilling and non-consenting adults" anywhere, but it doesn't exist.

So, let's say you are a explicit model, and there's a neighbor that doesn't like you. That neighbor can easily report you to the police, and you'll get 10 years just for doing your job.

I don't work with any of that, but if they start going for them... who's to say they'll go for other types of jobs that are more wholesome... who's to say they'll go for artists next. Or worst, who's to say they'll start rounding up the rest of the LGBT+ community? The government is always saying that they are fine with us. They hug us, and at the same time, they stab us on the back.

And that's why I don't like politics, regardless of the spectrum. At the end of the day, they all care for one thing, and one thing only: bullying those who can't defend themselves.

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Another day without writing. It sounds like I'm making excuses at this point, but I just didn't write. I thought I'd have the time to do it, but there wasn't any time whatsoever. I'm focusing more on my VtM session mostly because I want to put more content on it since I think we're going to have more time. This is the time where I need to put some stat blocks, but thankfully, Storyteller is very easy to put stat blocks on, plus I have a guide on my screen that I used last session to make a couple of baddies right on the spot. The table is so good that it has baddies on different difficulty. I could improvise my way out of it, but I want to have some consistency.

What I can say is that I drew the dungeon. Yeah, the next couple of chapters of VtM will be dungeon crawls, with the next chapter and final for our first story being a pure hack and slash chapter, with lots of combat and little story. On that chapter I actually plan to have the dungeon map on the table so that it's an actual dungeon crawl. Last time I did, it actually encouraged them to explore.

I think after what happened in the last couple of days I might needed the day off to recover. I know that I have two things to do tomorrow: brush up my next VtM chapter, and carry on with my current WIP. Thankfully, since the day will have more freedom, I can do it, even during a powercut. Why? Because I'm transcribing and editing the first chapter out of three of my WIP, and I can outline the second through the use of 3D6 and a notebook. And my VtM prep, I can also do it with pencil, paper, and my trusty screen.

There's literally no excuse.

July 27th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 30 High Crunches +EC
Count: 1186 - 1182 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: Ba Han Sheng Qi Gong:
:v: DAREdice: 20 Lunges

Challenges:
:v: Everest: Day 27
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Drew a dungeon

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Filled the dungeon, edited the chapter, and suddenly found myself trapped into making an extra chapter that'll happen during the day. Since I'm going to do two dungeon crawls on VtM, I figured it might be interesting to have the group controlling three teams of two ghouls each assaulting a placed filled to the brim with creepy esoteric stuff and Szlachta. This first story is lifted up from Bloodlines' quest line about finding the Nosferatu, but with a very different narrative and a very different ending. It's the same idea: the Coterie must uphold the Masquerade by investigate a snuff film circulating around the mortals. It is supected that the film contains scenes that violate the Masquerade.

So far, dungeons on VtM are easier than D&D. Storyteller has a very fast and lethal combat system, so a hack and slash session seen in the videogames can be done faster than D&D. And, since WoD is very atmospheric, it can lead to interesting environments and very grimdark narratives, especially if one is doing a VtM game on the Classical Age or the Dark Ages, but the Final Nights work perfectly too.

I'm also almost done with the first chapter of my current Novelette. I thought I'd finish it last night, but suddenly my brain couldn't compute more. Still, I'm only 4 pages left from the limit, so I can do it today.

No excuse for writing yesterday. And I don't have any excuse for writing today either. But, since I want to dedicate my energy into working more than having fun (though there are times in which I have fun while writing), I want to steer away my focus on TTRPGs for a moment. That means I don't want to keep GMing story-heavy games for a while, and instead, implement a emerging storytelling hexcrawl or gridcrawl since I won't be using hexes for this. Something that can be done permanently, and kept going for generations of characters to come. The Oregon Trail, Amnesia campaigns, Tresure Island, and Pathfinder's Kingmaker are inspiring me for it.

July 28th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 20 Plank Rotations +EC
Count: 1187 - 1183 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: 2-Minute Strength +EC
:v: DAREdice: 16 Lunges

Challenges:
:v: Everest: Day 28
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Ok, I skipped writing. Between the powercuts, and the state of constant boredom, I couldn't do anything. And, right now, I'm thinking about going to bed. Maybe I'll have some more time in the morning, but... I don't know.

But, because the number of Climbers tomorrow is 808, I decided to put some extra climbers right now. Did 500, so I have 308 left and I'll be done with Everest. It wasn't intended to end the challenge this way, but due to the circumstances that tomorrow is game day, I'm not sure if I'll make it. So, the Everest challenge is almost done!

July 29th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 30 Seconds Climber Taps +EC
Count: 1188 - 1184 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
:v: DAREdice: 12 Lunges

Challenges:
:v: Everest: Day 29
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
I did play guitar today

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
VtM day. The Dungeon Crawl went ok. Not really a lot of combat, but the group is getting used to their abilities. Our Gangrel now knows that she can see in the darkness, our Toreador is now using Heightened Senses and Celerity more often, and our Tremere is finally willing to conjure up stuff that we need. Problem character right now is our Toreador, and I already spoke with the player that he's being a menace for the Coterie, that he either needs to take it down, or he will die. I wish I could say I'm being a bad ST, but I already warned the Coterie to step very carefully when it comes with the Baron's "Sheriff," because she is almost like Planescape's Lady of Pain. Well, the Toreador tried to flirt with her, which led him taking an amount of Bashing damage that would have put him in Torpor (even with his Stamina roll) were if not that Vampires take half of the Bashing damage rolled. He also triggered the Malkavian NPC's derangement while she drove the getaway care, completely aware about her curse. At the verge of causing an accident that would have put the entire Coterie into Torpor until sunrise (worst case scenario), he fell victim to her Dementation's Haunting, and he was lucky that only one success was enough for him to be put out of comission for one night. More successes means he would have to roll a new character, until the effects wore off after a certain time. Thankfully, it happened at the end of the crawl.

Already spoke to him after that he should be careful with everything he does, that VtM has way bigger consequences, and that I won't tolerate Kindred who don't care about themselves to the point of being recklessly suicidal, risking the entire Coterie in the process. I also mentioned him that if he wanted a romance arc for him to be redeemed (because it seems he's going that way), I can give it to him, but not with the "Sheriff." There's a reason she is the way she is.

Other than that hiccup with a problematic Toreador, everything else was fun. The crawl worked the same way I expected, but I think I could've done it better through narration. I'm doing my best to give my group options, and yet they seem to prefer to be railroaded. This time, however, they finally solved a puzzle on their own. A very easy one, but they did it. They thought it was a trap at first, but when they realized nothing happened, they knew they could trust me. I mean, I barely rolled any dice, and there wasn't any combat. I don't count the recklessness of our Toreador because it was an unexpected punch.

Finished Everest, and now, I'm looking for the next challenge. I know I have Warrior Arms, but I want to see other options first.

July 31st, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 60 Lunge Step-ups +EC
Count: 1189 - 1185 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: DAREdice: 16 Squats
:x: 1-Minute Elbow Plank

Challenges:
:v: Everest: :completed: Day 30 :star:
Next: TBD
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress: