Swashbuckling Under Neon Lights in a Grimdark Futuristic City with Tons of D20s

Sólveig

Pirate from Cabudare - Venezuela
Pronouns: She/Her
"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Your friendly neighbor Tiefling Pirate Bard is now sailing across the seas. With a new Hive looking into the horizon, a new log is a must.

There are so many things that I've accomplished, yet it never seems enough. Let's say it's time to get some more!

A quick reminder of who I am: I'm a MtF transgender (not on hormones or anything yet) on my late twenties, measuring around 1.76 Mts tall (5'9"), and weighting around 66 to 69 kgs (145 - 152 lb). I used to be overweight some years ago, but I shed it all thanks to Darebee. My fitness journey was rough, with many attempts at doing many things, until I finally stuck with something that works: kickboxing, krav magá and bodyweight exercises. I call myself the Burpee Queen because I'm that crazy woman that does 100 Burpees in one workout almost at a daily basis. If you tell my 2016 self that I was going to be this nuts, she'd laugh her ass off.

That is just parts of my achievements. I've been working out since around late 2017, and haven't stopped since then. I'm looking forward to be the best I can be, in everything from looks, mindset, and spirit, good enough to survive the daily tribulations of the real-life dystopia in which I live.

NEW LOG

Last edited:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Well, let's do this thing now! I'm posting a bit early because the day isn't over yet. I'm still in the need to write, and I was supposed to do it now, but I got on my guitar. I had an epiphany for my next class, so I did some quick research and tried some chords before doing a full blown practice because I need to write. Besides, the water is supposed to come in tonight, so... I'm waiting for it.

Kicking off the new log with 100 Burpees too, plus another Kickboxing day ticked. I'm thinking about ditching the programs once I'm done with Spartan Trials. I'll focus on some HIIT and Combat workouts, followed by one Strength workout weekly. Yeah, it's the Fighter's TP again. And what I'm listening now makes me pick back up belly dancing once again. I think I should. I've been insecure about my stomach lately, even though it hasn't changed...

I copied and pasted the format from my previous log. Let's hope it doesn't glitch out in the future. And if it does, I'll fix it.

E: Well, I did write a lot. Sadly, the water didn't came. Time to sleep

September 18th, 2022
Kickboxing: Day 85

Morning Routine:
v.png
The Right Side + 10 Decline Push-ups
v.png
Sól Salutation - LVL I +EC
v.png
Daily Dare: 50 Squats +EC
Count: 874 - 870 +EC

Night Routine:
v.png
Mani Salutation - 1 Set
v.png
Five Rites
v.png
Virasana Meditation
v.png
Daily Gratitude
v.png
Counting Victories
x.png
Get to Bed on Time

Programs:
v.png
Spartan Trials: Day 15 - LVL III

Workouts:
v.png
100 Burpees +EC
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
v.png
Fight Like a Girl - LVL III +EC
x.png
Shuffle Dance! (#1, #2, #3)
x.png
Hamstring Stretch (3 x 30 Seconds Forward Stretch + 30 Seconds Rest)

Challenges:
v.png
Daily Walk: Day 11
v.png
Before Breakfast Cardio: Day 18 +EC

Writing progress:
v.png
Nifty 350
v.png
Furious 500
v.png
Nightcap 200

Reading progress:
x.png
Interesting Times - 21%

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Apparently, I picked up the guitar out of the blue...

Others:
No sleight of hand, cardistry, or card magic
No math
No Python

Last edited:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
What a busy day. I only wrote 500 Words, and that's it. Too many things to do. My butt is killing me, but it was worth it.

Danced, Combat Workout, Burpees... Dear, the Burpees... They were quite hard today, but I did them. And, of course, I'm planning tomorrow's class... ended up doing something else, and...

Yeah, I wanted to distract myself, and I can't write. At least 500 words is something, but what I've been working on... it's crap. It's slow, and it's boring, I'm pretty much cutting the entire thing. And I don't want to deal with it tonight. In fact, I'll wake up early tomorrow to get some work done.

September 19th, 2022
Kickboxing: Day 86

Morning Routine:
:v: The Right Side + 10 Decline Push-ups
:v: Sól Salutation - LVL I +EC
:v: Daily Dare: 40 Side-to-side Lunges +EC
Count: 875 - 871 +EC

Night Routine:
:v: Mani Salutation - 1 Set
:v: Five Rites
:v: Virasana Meditation
:v: Daily Gratitude
:v: Counting Victories
:x: Get to Bed on Time

Programs:
:v: Spartan Trials: Day 16 - Part I - LVL I | Part II - Blindfolded | Part III - 3 : 01 : 47

Workouts:
:v: 100 Burpees +EC
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
:v: Monday +EC
:v: Rowdy +EC
:v: Shuffle Dance! (#1, #2, #3)
:x: Hamstring Stretch (3 x 30 Seconds Forward Stretch + 30 Seconds Rest)

Challenges:
:v: Daily Walk:
Day 12
:v: Before Breakfast Cardio: Day 19

Writing progress:
:x: Nifty 350
:v: Furious 500
:x: Nightcap 200

Reading progress:
:x: Interesting Times - 21%

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Why did I guitar'd up not following my plans!

Others:
No math
No Python

Last edited:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Well, now... A night powercut. That's a good way to kill my mood for writing!

It's alright, though. I'll do it now. I'll take a negative for the many positives I've gotten... Or maybe two...

DOMS happened. I guess I went overboard yesterday. But that's not the issue. The issue was that every single bit of my training today required the use of lower body... and I wasn't counting on DOMS...

So I skipped the Burpees and only stuck with the 65 I did in the morning: 45 from the Before Breakfast Cardio challenge, and 20 from the DD. Needless to say I was exhausted. My buttocks couldn't take it. After giving class today, I stared at Spartan Trials' Day 17 for a moment before saying "screw it" and skipping it to Day 18. I'll do Day 17 once the DOMS aren't as strong as they are now...

The WoD was appreciated, though. It's been a while since I last time I Packed a Punch.

E: Narrator says she only wrote less than 100 words last night.

September 20th, 2022

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 20 Full Burpees +EC
Count: 876 - 872 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Spartan Trials: Day 18 - LVL I

Workouts:
:x: 100 Burpees +EC
:v: WoD: Pack a Punch +EC
:x: Shuffle Dance! (#1, #2, #3)

Challenges:
Day 13
:v: Before Breakfast Cardio: Day 20 +EC

Writing progress:
:x: Furious 500

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Guitar basics, plus the proper way to hold the pick

Others:
No math
No Python

Last edited:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Now it was my calves acting up. No Burpees, again. But tons of writing today. It was a struggle, but I managed to pull off, though I didn't accomplish the goal I wanted.

Still, I still have tons of stuff to do, and I want to do them now. At least they don't require much brainpower, I guess.

September 21st, 2022

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 2 Minutes Flutter Kicks +EC
Count: 877 - 873 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Spartan Trials: Day 17 - LVL III

Workouts:

Challenges:
Day 14
:v: Before Breakfast Cardio: Day 21

Writing progress:
:v: Nifty 350
:v: Nightcap 200

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Last edited:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
I still have DOMS on my calves, but the DD was a very helpful stretch.

Fun fact about today: I went out to walk the same amount of time twice. When I went the first time, I forgot that I could have taken the moment to run some errands, so I went out again to do just that! I also skipped Qi Gong. I wanted to take a powernap so I can write on the afternoon... and I ended up sleeping for an hour instead. Besides that, I did my Burpees and Spartan Trials. I really can't wait to finish the program. Sure, I like it, but I do want to go stop with the programs for a while. Burpees are still in order, even when Before Breakfast Cardio makes them annoying, but hey, the reward afterwards is breakfast!

Anyway, I'm off to write now.

September 22nd, 2022

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 60 Seconds Calf Raise Hold +EC
Count: 878 - 874 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Spartan Trials: Day 19 - LVL III

Workouts:
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees

Challenges:
:v: Daily Walk: Day 15
:v: Before Breakfast Cardio: Day 22 +EC

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta
"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Socrates"
Congrats on your progress! Is there a program or challenge you're following in regards to Writing?

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
It seems that I was not notified by the answers because I did not watch my own thread. It should be fixed now.

@huma I know that feel. I always tell myself that a powernap should be 10 to 20 minutes long, but my body says "nope, we're sleeping for one entire hour." Normal naps for me last 2 hours only.

@JohnStrong Thanks! :welcome: I'm not following a program or a challenge, other than James Scott Bell's advice which he wrote about in one of his books. Nifty 350 means writing 350 words in the morning, Furious 500 is starting the writing session by writing 500 words as a warmup, doesn't matter if it is the WIP or not. The Nightcap 200 is writing 200 words before bed. Like I said in the Bardic Circle, through Nightcap 200 is how I get most of my flash fiction done.

I did Daily Walk... twice. I also got into a fight with toxic family member... twice... To make matters worst, I thought there was going to be a very late powercut, but I guess the people in charge realized that it was way too late for it, or maybe they didn't read the memo right...

But yeah, I needed Serenity, I needed to dance... I needed many things, and I got them, including... starting with something that I was supposed to do years ago, but now I'm glad that I didn't. A quick check to the prices of musical instrument made me scream so much that my mom was concerned about what happened. The prices went up way more than I thought, even with second hand instruments. All I wanted to do today was take a few pictures of my violin, make a neat flyer for it... and I ended up putting a bigger price tag on it, and making plans to do the same with the other stuff that I have

I'm so glad I hold onto them instead of selling them earlier. All I need to do now is wait for someone to make an offer. With stuff like this I'm always willing to bargain.

September 23rd, 2022

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 60 Seconds Virabhadrasana III +EC
Count: 879 - 875 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Spartan Trials: Day 20 - LVL I

Workouts:
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
:v: WoD: Serenity
:v: Friday - LVL III +EC
:v: Shuffle Dance! (#1, #2, #3)

Challenges:
:v: Daily Walk: Day 16
:v: Before Breakfast Cardio: Day 23

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
I did a flyer for a sale

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Well, this was fun. Even though my writing was interrupted for quite some time during the day, I managed to pull off a short story that needs to be turned to a script, and start a series on it. It's pretty much me homebrewing D20 rules using 5e elements and rules instead of the 3e ones. The Wealth and Reputation mechanics remain the same, though, I like them both. It's an urban fantasy thing that I've had two characters in my head for a long time, but I didn't have any story until I had an idea. I decided to play with it rather than actually write it.

I was very impressed on the first combat too. Main character one-shotted a bandit, Sidekick did the same, and the third one remaining, they got them in two hits. I did not min-maxed for combat but roleplaying, so I guess I got lucky. It's a whole lot faster and slower at the same time to write down like this, but so far so good. There was a scene in whicn I didn't need to roll at all; everything wrote by itself.

Now, I want to do some small writing before bed. There wasn't much action in the workouts, so I skipped the Burpees. Besides, Spartan Trials is not something I was looking for today. I could have taken it as a rest day since I got so engrossed with writing, but meh, I did work out. I didn't walk, though. When I realized I didn't work out on the day, the streets were dark.

I'm glad the summer is over, though. The days hadn't been hot lately, and there's been some rain. Now I feel like I don't sweat every glass of water that I drink.

September 24th, 2022

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 60 Seconds Elbow Plank Hold +EC
Count: 880 - 876 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Spartan Trials: Day 21 - LVL I | To-failure Push-ups: 60 – 100 – 80

Workouts:

Challenges:
:x: Daily Walk: Day 17
:v: Before Breakfast Cardio: Day 24 +EC

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
I am... tired... mentally, I am. It was a D&D day, and I skipped all training.

The player who used to play the fighter introduced us to a Monk (who follows the Way of the Astral Self) to fill in the empty space, and is working out as a pretty good replacement in Combat. Today was almost like a filler episode on the campaign to level up our characters and get to 17 as soon as we can. We're at 14th level now, so there's a bit of a way to go. We also did a very difficult combat encounter using D20 Modern characters (5e classes and mechanics, except Reputation and Wealth) that turned out quite fun.

Now, I don't want to do anything. I'm tired...

September 25th, 2022

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 20 Single Leg Squats +EC
Count: 881 - 877 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:x: Spartan Trials: Day 22

Workouts:

Challenges:
:x: Daily Walk: Day 17
:v: Before Breakfast Cardio: Day 25

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
I tried to perform a magic trick to a dog... She didn't care at all
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
A bit of a busy day. I woke up way too early than usual, so I didn't do Burpees today, or at least, I didn't do more than what's seen on the Monday workout and the Before Breakfast Cardio challenge.

I did have a dream though, one that took me way back to 2009 to 2010, when I decided to write. It was all urban fantasy back then, before I decided to go the cyberpunk and the cyberpunk/fantasy road, which then got me into neon-noir. But enough about that. Since the last thing I wrote was urban fantasy, I dreamt about... "it." I don't mean I lived the story in my dreams, I actually went to a WIP that's been on the oven since the pandemic begun, a neon-noir project that... all of the sudden... it had high fantasy on it. It was like seeing Shadowrun, minus the technology. I guess the closest to it would be the Garrett P.I. book series by Glen Cook.

At first, I didn't know what to make of it. Urban fantasy is my origin, it's how I started writing. But, all of the sudden, that universe I wrote, something that I did not want any fantasy or science fiction to touch it... it made sense to have elements of high fantasy on it. It clicked.

I loved it. And I hated it. I loved it because it makes sense. And I hated it because I didn't want it to be like that. It's like finding out I'm transgender all over again.

But I'm not confused about it. I ran a simulation; used the same homebrew rules to make the main character from that universe, and let them fight a Succubus from the MM, with some modern elements. Not only they won, but it's also something that made even more sense. Of course, that character wouldn't fight a Succubus, but the mere presence of that monster made a lot of sense. In fact, I started to picture the major players from those stories, and they do make sense when they're not human, or them having magical powers, and all of that...

The entire day I've spent it figuring out what is going on. Should I make it urban fantasy? Should I leave it without the fantasy elements? I already planned out to make it cyberpunk too, as a side story of what goes on that same place several centuries later, but with this... this is a good excuse to bring back the best characters too!

I'm not asking questions, though. I already made a decision. I'm retconning again, but this time is going to be a lot of fun to write.

Thank you, dream world. For making my job harder, but giving me a challenge that brought me back to where I started out.

September 26th, 2022

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 30 Push-up Shoulder Taps +EC
Count: 882 - 878 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Spartan Trials: Day 22: Part I - LVL III | Part II - LVL I

Workouts:

Challenges:
:v: Daily Walk: Day 17
:v: Before Breakfast Cardio: Day 26 +EC

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Last edited:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
It was all going peachy today, but all of the sudden, I started to feel down when the evening begun.

I know the reason: I saw something I wasn't supposed to. And I started to feel pretty disappointed. But well, I ranted all that out in my diary, because I needed that. Suddenly, I had an idea for NaNoWriMo, though I'm not sure if I'll make it this year or not.

Anyway, I did Burpees today. I did the WoD. I almost missed Spartan Trials. Another sudden thing happened at dusk: a sudden electric storm that flooded Barquisimeto. Thankfully, nothing horrible happened here. I've seen the pictures and the videos. Even the cathedral was ankle-deep in water. It is Autumn, after all. Although I don't remember violent storms.

Glad I walked before the storm, though.

September 27th, 2022

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 50 Reverse Angels +EC
Count: 883 - 879 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Spartan Trials: Day 23 - LVL III

Workouts:
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
:v: WoD: Super Squat - LVL III +EC

Challenges:
:v: Daily Walk: Day 18
:v: Before Breakfast Cardio: Day 27

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Guitar class

Others:
No math
No Python

Last edited:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
I am going to run some experiments tonight. I couldn't do them earlier because the day was... unexpectingly busy. As soon as I woke up, I had to organize my planner notebook for the next month, and that's still a work in progress. And, since I increased my rate for my private lessons, I took the opportunity to get a notebook for my homebrew notes, plus some new leads and an eraser, since pencils are more expensive on the long run. There are many things I wanted to do today, but I couldn't. I also had to go to the non-profit and select the books that we need to get rid of, because, apparently, even writing those down and letting them know which ones were, for hundreds of times, didn't work. So I took them home, and I'll bring them the day they need them to be brought.

That was an arm workout. To say that I filled a giant box, and I still had some books left is an understatement. I had to carry four on my backpack, and one on my hand while I pulled the cart with the other hand. And after that, I started training.

Did the Zombie workout too. It's been a long time, and I wanted to have a HIIT before Spartan Trials. Zombie never fails me.

Anyway, since I'm running the experiments, I might edit this post at one point. I did write, though. I wrote a piece of flash fiction after seeing the Writers Write daily prompt. Just the title and one sentence was enough to make a story out of it. I could use to write more stuff like that.

E: So I did the experiment... And it went... more interesting that I thought it would. It ended up being good; surprisingly good. I already established the new things that are going to be in place and... I do like where this is going. I thought I'd hate it, but now I have more creative uses for so many things. The NaNo I did a couple of years ago belongs in this universe, and with urban fantasy added into the mix, I now see it so much better than what it was before.

September 28th, 2022

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 60 Seconds Supergirl Hold +EC
Count: 884 - 880 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Spartan Trials: Day 24
Part I - LVL I
Part II - Blindfolded
Part III - 3:36:66

Workouts:
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
:v: Zombie - LVL III +No rest between sets

Challenges:
:v: Daily Walk: Day 19
:v: Before Breakfast Cardio: Day 28 +EC

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Last edited:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Well, I had to cancel many things tonight. Another electric storm. This one wasn't as violent as yesterday's, but there was a lot more lightning, and it lasted for so much longer. It almost started at 6 PM, right when we were done with Qigong, and right now it's midnight. I guess it's over, but I'm not sure.

There was also a powercut at noon that killed many of my plans. So yeah, many things got in the way today, and I couldn't make it. I barely did Spartan Trials as it is, and right now, I just want to end the day.

E: A quick explanaition about me not doing things on the rain: my room has several leaks. Some of them can get to dangerous spots. There is one very near the lightbulb, and another goes almost next to the only place I can put a power strip or an extension cord. I have to move things around, so it ends up looking more like something you'd see in an episode of Hoarders... until the rain is over. Power is another issue too. There was... three to four electrical surges during tonight's storm.

And once again, Barquisimeto flooded. This time, though, people were waist deep in water. The road that goes to Barquisimeto from Cabudare also flooded, but it wasn't that bad... Ankle-deep at most. The issues of living close to a river that can return to its natural bed if the weather decides it's time to level Cabudare down...

E2: Before Breakfast Day 29 doesn't have EC

September 29th, 2022

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 30 Scorpion Twists +EC
Count: 885 - 881 +EC

Night Routine:
:x: Mani Salutation - 1 Set
:x: Five Rites
:x: Virasana Meditation

Programs:
:v: Spartan Trials: Day 25
Part I - LVL I
Push-ups: 107 - 103 - 100
Part II
To-failure Wall Sits:
2 : 09 : 83 | 3 : 11 : 39 | 3 : 29 : 99

Workouts:
:v: Ba Han Sheng Qi Gong: Forgiveness

Challenges:
:x: Daily Walk: Day 20
:v: Before Breakfast Cardio: Day 29

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Last edited:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Cold day. There was some rain at noon, but nothing major like yesterday. I think the sun came out for a few seconds, but I don't remember.

I spent most of the day doing nothing. The cold gave me the laziest of moods, and it was a bit difficult to fight through it. Nevertheless, I completed the Before Breakfast Cardio challenge, and I hated it the more days passed, mostly because it takes a bit of courage to do Burpees first thing in the morning. Still, having breakfast as a reward is good, so my complaint feels petty. Now, I'm going for First Thing Push-ups. It doesn't look so bad, but I'm debiting if I should rename it First Thing Decline Push-ups, since that's what I do right after The Right Side.

Anyway, it was a cold and windy day, which was good for a walk. I'm leaning to make them part of my routine now. I love them so much. It helps me to brainstorm and to organize my ideas.

Another month is over, and there was a victory in it. The day is not done yet, so it is expected for an edit later, in case I get some more writing done.

E: Well, I guess I'm going to bed early today! Not so much writing, but a lot of editing. And I'm no mood for writing, so it's good that i had some job done.

September 30th, 2022

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 100 Side Leg Raises +EC
Count: 886 - 882 +EC

Night Routine:
:v: Get to Bed on Time

Programs:
:v: Spartan Trials: Day 26 - Part I - LVL III | Part II - LVL III +Modified into 60 Seconds Elbow Planks only

Workouts:
:v: WoD: Touch Down - LVL III +No rest between sets
:v: Qi Gong: Zhong

Challenges:
:v: Daily Walk: Day 20
:v: Before Breakfast Cardio: :completed: Day 30 +EC :star:
Up Next: First Thing Push-ups

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Last edited:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Tomorrow is going to be a busy morning. I have to take back all the books I picked, plus do more deliveries before gathering with the table for our weekly D&D. I'm thinking about selling traditional drawings too, just to get some extra money. I was going to draw something other than letters today, but it was, all of the sudden, a very busy day. Thankfully I managed to get the Daily Walk out of that.

The meeting we had at the non-profit was... not a real meeting. Just saying, it could have been done through Whatsapp or Telegram. Besides, there was no point in making decisions when those were already taken. But there is an event I'm looking forward to, even though it seems a bit... ambitious.

I also got a tip of somewhere around town that could be looking for teachers. I might go there to take a peek. It is very interesting that Barquisimeto has no job opportunities for music teachers, but outside the capital, everyone is looking for them. Let's talk about how centralized is the State. Not everyone who lives outside of Barquisimeto is fortunate enough to have it at a very close distance. It might be dangerous due to the river, but Cabudare is very close, at least.

Crime is back now, and they are smarter. Apparently there is a new gang operating around the neighborhood, and these guys are professionals. Three houses were broken into and stolen. They were in different places, but it was all done in the same night. The problem is that those houses are not inhabited, so they must have done their homework. It's not usual when someone is casing places. I've also heard that some people got mugged on a close-by neighborhood, right when they were in the middle of something. Seems like we'll have to be careful again.

It's the home invasions that I'm mostly worried about. It's no secret that thieves do tie up people in their own houses, and steal everything right under their noses. It can happen even in the middle of the day. Still, these guys... they are pros. Seriously, they've done their casing. There is no way they could have broken into three different houses in three different places in the same night, unless they knew which hours were the ones without any activity. And there is some nightlife around town.

E: DD counter was wrong

October 1st, 2022

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 100 Side Leg Raises +EC
Count: 887 - 883 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Spartan Trials: Day 27 - LVL III

Workouts:
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees

Challenges:
:v: Daily Walk: Day 21
:v: First Thing Decline Push-ups: Day 1

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
I drew a couple of things as an excuse to practice lettering

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Last edited:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
D&D day, and it was a long one. I skipped everything today, but it's not like I was sitting down on the table. Early this morning, I had to carry books, and the water came tonight, so I had to carry everything too. Besides, I did something I shouldn't have with my group: allowed them to up their characters two levels, and I think I screwed up in a combat due to math error, which is quite ironic considering that today I noticed that we're all getting better at doing math quick. None of us have math-oriented studies either.

Well, maybe one is going to, since he'll start Fire Academy soon. He already told me there's a lot of chemistry involved, other than lots of fitness tests.

I think I'll take a break from DMing one or two sessions after the campaign is over. That's why I'm leveling up everyone as quickly as I can, because we're almost done. One major arc is two to three sessions to be finished, and all that remains is the final arc at 20th-level. I'm going to miss this Bard and her Sidekick, although I'm not sure if we're doing the 5e Urban Arcana Homebrew or another D&D Campaign next. I'm already reworking on the Zodiac Signs (a mechanic similar to the one in Morrowind and Oblivion) now that the death of our Fighter gave me the epiphany on how do they work lore-wise. Mechanically, it's a mess.

Speaking of Urban Arcana, I'm really into doing Urban Fantasy now, going back to my writing roots. I ran the experiments, and it is a whole lot more interesting to work it that way, plus it gives me an extra layer of stealth to write the Take That!s that I accidentally write in my stories.

October 2nd, 2022

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 40 Scissors +EC
Count: 888 - 884 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:x: Spartan Trials: Day 28 - LVL I

Workouts:

Challenges:
:x: Daily Walk: Day 22
:v: First Thing Decline Push-ups: Day 2

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
I've gotten myself into a little accident this morning, and since I'm quite dramatic, I'm still feeling down about it.

I was in the middle of a call when my phone decided to take a dive on the water while I was doing the dishes. And I was in a hurry, since I had to go out at that moment too, and the rush was for nothing. I tried to write too, but I was so upset by that that I couldn't, but hey, at least I got some worldbuilding ideas put on paper instead.

There's not much to say about today... I went out like four times in a row tonight, and I almost skipped Spartan Trials, but in the end, I made it. Right now, it is really hot, and I want to sleep. Tomorrow will fare better, I hope... though it will be busier than today...

And Wednesday is going to be busy too. We're off to a good start...

October 3rd, 2022

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 60 Seconds Elbow Plank Arm Raised Hold +EC
Count: 889 - 885 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Spartan Trials: Day 28 - LVL I

Workouts:
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
:v: WoD: Walker +No rest between sets

Challenges:
:v: Daily Walk: Day 22
:v: First Thing Decline Push-ups: Day 3

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
I'm struggling to write. I don't think I can pull more than 450 tonight. It was quite a busy day, so any energy I had for writing was gone.

I'll try again tomorrow. Everything is still fresh, and I laid out the outline. It's just going through it that's the hard part. At this time, there's a lot of self-doubt, even though I'm doing good. I'm just... tired and distracted.

October 4th, 2022

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 40 Bridges +EC
Count: 890 - 886 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Spartan Trials: Day 29 - LVL II

Workouts:

Challenges:
:v: Daily Walk: Day 23
:v: First Thing Decline Push-ups: Day 4

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Guitar lessons today

Others:
No math
No Python

Last edited:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Today was... an interesting day. Not so much busy, but more tired than anything. I had no plans of sleeping on the afternoon, yet I did it. And I had plans for writing, but instead, I ended up making things for Sunday... And I was supposed to go out, but... well, there was a bit of a rain.

I still managed to walk, though.

Not so much writing, unless my diary is counted as part of it. I came to it with so many realizations about myself that I can't change, no matter how much I try. It's not like I'm saying how horrible person I am (every day is a constant struggle of not being the man I used to be), but rather coming in to terms as to why this path I'm going through is more meaningful than the others, and how much of my past self I am shedding as I walk through it... how much I'm taking back the things that I've lost. To the shrink that told me to keep writing on a diary years ago, I thank her for it. Now, I can't decide what should I do for NaNo, because I can work with today's entry (which already gave me a story and a character to work with), or with the previous one. I can't combine both, since the two ideas are polar opposites. Whichever I decide, I'll stick to it on November.

Anyway, for now, I'll stop doing programs... unless we have Fit Christmas this year. I'll stick with challenges. Today, I finished Spartan Trials, so badge day! And it was a struggle to get this one! For now, I'll be back to the DIY workouts rather than a to-go one.

October 5th, 2022

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 2 Minutes Raised Legs Circles +EC
Count: 891 - 887 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Spartan Trials: :completed: Day 30 - LVL III :star:

Workouts:
40 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees

Challenges:
:v: Daily Walk: Day 24
:v: First Thing Decline Push-ups: Day 5

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Last edited:

OJJJEM

Mother of Dragons Posts: 582
I came to it with so many realizations about myself that I can't change, no matter how much I try.
It seems to me that you are changing a little every day, and for the better... It takes YEARS of perseverance and tenacity to truly achieve success in goals that require change. Not just a few years, but a lifetime! You're still "enjoying the journey." ;)