Swashbuckling Under Neon Lights in a Grimdark Futuristic City with Tons of D20s

Sólveig

Pirate from Cabudare - Venezuela
Pronouns: She/Her
"Ars longa, vita brevis"
I decided to do the Push-up Ladder challenge, despite the fact that I woke up with some weird pain in my shoulder. It went away, but I don't know how I got it. Probably slept the wrong way, or something.

I haven't written anything today. It's been an overall lazy day, with many, many things going through my head that I didn't clear up. Maybe I'll do in a bit? Or tomorrow? I don't know. I have no idea, but there was a lot of screaming: ideas being thrown around back and forth. It's like being attacked by plot bunnies, but it's so unclear that I have no idea what to do.

Focus is probably what I need for now, so, I'll read my WIP and carry on. Maybe the chaos will be silent for a bit.

July 31st, 2023
Kickboxing: Day 128

Morning Routine:
:v: The Right Side + 10 Decline Push-ups
:v: Sól Salutation - LVL I +EC
:v: Daily Dare: 60 Seconds Raised Leg Plank Hold +EC
Count: 1190 - 1186 +EC

Night Routine:
:v: Mani Salutation - 1 Set
:v: Five Rites
:v: Virasana Meditation
:v: Daily Gratitude
:v: Counting Victories

Programs:
Break from Programs for a while. Switching to Valkyrie TP.
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
:x: 100 Burpees +EC
:v: WoD: Roamer - LVL III +Megaset
:v: Monday +EC
:v: Butt Lift +EC
:v: DAREdice: 16 Jumping Jacks
:v: 1 minute Uttanasana w/Toe Reach
:x: Hamstring Stretch - 1 minute each stretch (+1 minute per side)
:v: 1-Minute Elbow Plank
:v: Daily Walk
:x: Shuffle Dance! (#1, #2, #3, H.A.T.E.R.)
:x: Belly Dance
Dancing Days: 11

Challenges:
:x: Push-up Ladder: Awaiting August
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:
:x: Nifty 350
:x: Furious 500
:x: Nightcap 200
:x: News Column 900 Max

:x: 1500 Words Daily!

Reading progress:

:x: Ringworld - 40%
:x: The Colour of Magic - 48%

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No sleight of hand, cardistry, or card magic
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
@mavie @Tileenah Thanks! :welcome:

I screwed around my VtM chronicle, which was mostly a waste of time. In fact, yesterday was a waste of time. A powercut that lasted for the majority of the day forced us to fast on a very hot day. I didn't do Burpees either. I didn't want to risk it.

Just... bad day. Stressful.

August 1st, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 100 Side Leg Raises +EC
Count: 1191 - 1187 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: Push-up Party - LVL III +EC
:v: DAREdice: 10 Sit-ups

Challenges:
:v: Push-up Ladder: Day 1 - LVL III
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:
:v: Nifty 350
:x: Furious 500
:x: Nightcap 200

:x: 1500 Words Daily!

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Guitar class

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
A day of outlining and educating myself. Not much to tell, but tolerating these high temperatures. I'll keep outlining my WIP tomorrow, and finish it off then.

I also did some interesting research and got some ideas that I wrote down. Not writing ideas, though. Let's call them marketing ideas. Besides, I also need to get out some ideas for TTRPGs that would fit much better on a zine or something like that, even though I want to try those campaigns out. One of them is just a one-shot, and a couple of them are hexcrawls. I'll have to figure them out soon, because they are killing me from the inside.

That's the noise I'm talking about. It's louder than plot bunnies.

August 2nd, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 2 Minutes Jumping Jacks +EC
Count: 1192 - 1188 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: 100 Burpees +EC
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
:v: Earn Your Lunch +EC
:v: DAREdice: 4 One-arm Push-ups

Challenges:
:v: Push-up Ladder: Day 2
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:
:v: Furious 500
:v: Nightcap 200

:v: 1500 Words Daily!

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Well, two things: I learned how to repurpose a double wire bound notebook, and I finished the outline of my WIP, plus I jotted down... five new shorts to be outlined. I'll even try to outline flash fiction to see if there's any agilization of my process, though writing flash fiction is fairly quick for me.

In any case, those new ideas will just be outlined, and less than 2K words long. I'll probably go beyond 2K, but not beyond 3K for them. I want them to be fairly quick. The WIP has an estimated 18K words total, 6K of them are already written, so I'll keep writing the other 12K remaining. I need to outline a few more things, and edit a story that's been pending for a while, but so far it's good. All I need is to set up a production line and start working on it, no distractions. There was a powercut, but that didn't interrupt my work flow. The distraction and the rain did, though.

To be honest, it wasn't the most productive day, but it wasn't a complete lost. Also, having learned how to repurpose a double wire bound notebook, I can finally give use to a lot of paper sheets used on one side that I hoarded over the years. I still have a couple of them folded, ready to be cut and perforated.

Not only I can make a sketchbook out of it, but also use this repurposed notebook for my notes and outlines. And I have to admit it, I love double wire and spiral bindings. I just can't get over about being able to fully crack open a notebook and see how much space it saves. I can have my hex dice tray next to me and it won't be bothering me at all.

Next actual play I'm writing will be a Zero Level high fantasy one-shot adventure. But that'll come once the big project is done. I need to prioritize first.

I'll try to get some work ahead tonight, and tomorrow I'll start the writing process. Hopefully, the plot bunnies are gone for now.

August 3rd, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 30 Seconds Pacer Steps +EC
Count: 1193 - 1189 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
:v: DAREdice: 8 Lunges

Challenges:
:v: Push-up Ladder: Day 3 - LVL III
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
A bit of a disclaimer: there's a big wall of text incoming. First, is a rant about something that I found out at midnight last night, right after I posted. Second, it's my meditations of the day; an overview of what I wrote today on my diary about a critical finding about myself. I'm going to put it on a spoiler.

So, let's begin with the rant. I'll warn you right now, it can get political, but it's not really about sides. It's more about having the right intentions, but making the wrong decisions. Late on July, our dear president QUINCY (I refuse to refer him by his name, hence I use THIS name because it suits him and his character) asked the congress to do something about vapers in the country. The congress acted on it, and, on August 1st, they declared vapers illegal within the territory. Now, how does this affect me? I'm straight edge; I certainly do not smoke, and any smokers I know don't use vapers. If you see it from that point, it doesn't affect me, really. But, as a citizen, it does. Now, before anyone even thinks about "oh, the State shouldn't be your babysitter," or "you should have freedom of choice," and all of that (see? I told you it could get political), I want you, the one who's thinking about it, to put it on the side, and then start thinking like a criminal. Why am I asking you that? Because every single day that I write fiction, I become both the criminal, and the cowboy cop chasing down the murderer. I am not a criminologist, but when I do research for my writing, I am very thorough, so much so that I think of myself as an "method writer," you know, like method acting? I always read the stuff that I can read, the stuff that people don't want me to read, I'm like a journalist when it comes with this, and I'm just a girl. I have books about real crime; organized crime, and I love murder mysteries and police procedural since childhood. And whenever I do my research, sometimes I tend to stop and start thinking like the criminal masterminds, about what's their next move? Why? Because that's where I can make the best stories.

So here's my proposition: vapers are now outlawed. Who are the ones who vape the most in this country? The citizens from the higher classes, the ones who have a better economic status than the rest. The rich kids, the "sifrinos," as we like to call them. They have the money. What happens when their vice is outlawed? Will they drop it? Not at all. The thing becomes more expensive, and since they have the money for it, they can still afford it, and compel to their vices in secret.

Where am I going with this? Well, simple: which is the gang that controls all of the borders in the country? Which gang controls the borders, therefore "helping" people to leave illegally through land? Which gang who does that, also uses the borders to introduce contraband within the country? Which gang from the country has expanded all over South America, and is still growing big? There's only a single answer for this: Tren de Aragua. Banning vapers will only add another item to their inventory, thus making them richer and more powerful. This ban will accomplish nothing, but help a gang that everyone in South America is struggling against; a gang that's always hiding in plain sight, and anyone can be a member. A gang that has been already reported that they recruit their own extorsion victims into their numbers; law abiding citizens break bad because they are threaten to do as they say.

That's where I'm getting at. I'm not against this ban because freedom of choice. My reasons against it are not about freedom. They are about crime.

This move is another proof that the Zaibatsu Corp that rules the country (linked above) doesn't care about the health of its citizens. If that was the case, they'd given hospital the band-aids that they lack many years ago, by now. Because that's how bad the situation in hospitals is: insurance only covers the salary of the healthcare workers, but you have to purchase the medical equipment, from the gloves and masks to every single tool needed for surgery or a check up. Even the sudoku for the anesthesiologist must come out of your pocket. Banning vapers is just another proof about politicians mocking their people they are supposed to care of. And when they banned vapers, they celebrated by making a small toast and drinking hard liquor in live television.

I wish that was a joke, but it isn't. A clip of that is bouncing all over Tik Tok and managed to get to Twitter. They don't care about the citizens.

The politics here is a complete circus, and the clowns are in charge.

Anyway, as for the big discovery, this is something that I don't trust much until I have a diagnostic, but if this is the case, then this would explain everything that I've been struggling with, not only lately, but since my entire childhood. This struggle is something I didn't realize I have because I have very supporting parents, but I think they trusted my talents way too much on this. It seems that I met a lot of the criteria for ADHD on the DSM-5. That explains way too much, from being able to make stuff under pressure, to always trying to reinvent the wheel every single time I must take responsabilities, or not being able of fiding a way to make myself accountable for against myself. I mean it, I tried everything all these years, and they only worked for a short time. I recommended others to follow the same steps, and everyone else is still going. But me? It seems that I always dig myself deeper and deeper in that hole.

Then, it's just that I'm doing everything the wrong way. This is why Animedoro worked very well with me during university. This is why I managed to do an overwhelming homework back in 5th grade on the last week, and on the 6th grade in two months, when I had the entire school year to do both of them. This is why I managed to get Guitarra Larense working in under two weeks, even after being striken by disease, and this is why I always prepared myself for music exams two to four weeks before. This is why I hated studying and practicing, and I always managed to do it perfectly near the end date. This is why I'm always switching positions in my chair, or reading less and less, or always reinventing the wheel when it comes with my work to have a steady workflow, or even getting impatient when I'm a player instead of a GM, and the GM starts monologuing or playing by himself due ot having many NPCs in one room (I developed a major anxiety about doing this because I saw that the session as a whole lags when this happens, even when the players are into it). I guess biting my nails comes into play too. It's always a feeling of restlessness, and always thinking that I should be doing something different, and obviously, get easily distracted...

I guess this is why writing on a notebook worked so well back when I did it for the first time.

For f*ck's sake, I wrote an entire nanonovel in less than a month, right before the deadline of sending it to a contest, and won that contest! And it was my first nanonovel!

I also participated in NaNoWriMo, and finished it three times! Hell, I even finished days before the end on the third attempt!

Everything started to just fit. And, again, I'm not trusting this until I do have a diagnostic, but if this is truly the case, well damn... At least I finally know what the problem really is, and I need to change the workflow... again.

I need to reinvent the wheel, again. But maybe I am damned to keep reinventing the wheel, forever. Maybe that's the way to keep myself productive.

After all, I stopped reading because the pages became too long, the breaks became less, and less... Don't get me wrong, I freaking love Pratchett, but I hate that the scene breaks are non existent, and I hate to stop books before the next chapter. However, I always find myself re-reading Treasure Island every year, and Amadis of Gaul, the book that I'm reading currently (and I haven't linked yet), it's something that I found myself reading faster because the chapters are two to four pages long, with much less description and a lot of action. Not only I like the way it is written, I also love the short format for writing.

This means that I must change the format. I'll be honest here, the reason I don't hit the 900 words it's because I'm creating less fictional crimes and writing more regular stuff. Nifty 350 and Nightcap 200 are supposed to happen on the morning and before bed, and Furious 500 is supposed to be before the writing session, as a way to start. Whenever I get 1500, it includes a combination of Nifty, Furious, and Nightcap, and if I did it, the fake news, so... why do I have all of that when I can only have a Furious 500 and the daily 1500? Even though having 1500 as a victory to do throughout the day, sometimes I don't make it. And, honestly, the only time I did freewriting, I almost got there without interruption in 30 minutes. Having a timer works better for me than specific goals. Again, I have to rework the system, reorganize... reinvent the wheel. It is my bane to keep reinventing the wheel, but thankfully, I don't have to be constantly making improvements. I already found that Animedoro works, which saved me in university, and is still my go to for anything.

tl;dr, I may have ADHD, and I'm relieved that there might be a way to stop being unproductive.

August 4th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 80 Calf Raises +EC
Count: 1194 - 1190 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: Wrestler +EC
:v: DAREdice: 20 Push-ups

Challenges:
:v: Push-up Ladder: Day 4
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

This will be the last day where the Writing Progress is put like this. I'll be reworking this now.

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
What just happened today now... I can't tell whether that's a bold gambit, or the most idiotic idea the government had. I am not making this up. As if outlawing vaping wasn't enough, the government is trying to... Heck, I don't think expropiate is the right word for this, but it looks exactly like it. They are forcing themselves to make big decisions inside the Red Cross, pretty much breaking the Geneva Conventions Treaties that we, as a country, signed upon. Red Cross International already sent two of their men to solve this mess. They pretty much decided to kick the dog now, and this poses a bad position for all organizations here, whether they are non profits or private companies. What this means in the future is that the government, with the current supreme court they have, can just make a decree and put people in power, and get the ones in there gone. I am a volunteer and an associate of a non-profit focused on education and entrepeneurship, a non-profit that's been waging a war against a group of... mobsters, because they aren't politicians, that have done nothing but talk dirty and claim they own the place, but even with the space they have, they haven't worked on it for more than seven years. The fact that the supreme court can remove our president and put someone else in there... I'm not sure if it is unconstitutional, but I wouldn't be surprise if it is. Plus, it also goes against the freedom of association.

If you read my spoiler from before, here's the same thing I said: the politics in this country are a circus that's being run by the clowns.

Anyway, speaking about it, we finally celebrated the non-profit's anniversary. It's been seven years of work! I danced a lot, and, apparently, an owl flew on top of me at one point, to which I wish I could've seen that. I won a tiny succulent too, but I don't know where to keep it.

I haven't written today as such, or at least, not as much as I wished. I edited something, transcribed the rest of the outline of my WIP, and also put in place the new elements for a novel, because I believe I need a long-term project to focus on. There's a lot of things to do, but I'm prioritizing, and I'm working on time chunks rather than meeting the word count goal. I've written today, which to me is still a victory, even if it isn't the 1.5K words that I should. I can get to 1.5K words, and even go for more than that, but it needs to be under my terms.

I also did find very soothing to have a notebook in my pocket. That's actually where I put the long-term project notes, because I had the idea during the party, and I brought myself to jot it down, almost developing the characters right away. It was a good distraction, and a good way to get some thoughts off from me, and kill plot bunnies. There's been a campaign idea going in my head, but since it's mostly survival mechanics, I can just shoo it for a while.

No RPG day tomorrow. It was cancelled yesterday, so I'm having a day off to do anything that I want.

August 5th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 40 Push-ups
Count: 1195 - 1191 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: WoD: Walk, Run, Repeat - LVL III +EC
:v: DAREdice: 8 Squats
Dancing Days: 12

Challenges:
:v: Push-up Ladder: Day 5 - LVL III
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:
:v: I wrote today!
:x: 1500 Get!

Reading progress:
:x: Amadís de Gaula - 35%

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
I've done everything the wrong way. Everything.

I've adapted myself to chaos for a long time now, and every single time I get out of it, I always come back to it.

I've also dug myself into a rabbit hole about VtM out of complete accident, which made me realize that I've been doing this since I was a kid: digging myself into research rabbit holes trying to absorb as much information as I could, even more if it is useless, because I'm a sucker for useless facts about fiction and non-fiction, like... VtM lore, or Venezuelan history, or world history, if we go for that. It was taken up to eleven when there were things that couldn't be found on the commercial books or online, so I had to go into libraries, museums, speak with researchers, academics, cronistas... And then, what the hell was I doing originally?

Here's the whole story: first it was a character idea for a Nosferatu, which then turned into a mega research about Ecaterina the Wise, which then turned into a huge deep dive into VtM metaplot things that I didn't know because it involves the new lore from V5, which then turns into Shadows of New York mild spoilers, which then turns into her unique appearance, and then... what the hell happened with the Nossie?

Having the awareness of this flaw, and realizing it's been with me from long before I decided to take writing seriously, is an eye opener. In fact, everything has been an eye opener for the past days. And there's nothing left for me but to embrace the chaos. The only thing that has remain constant is posting on this log, and working out, and even then, sometimes I fail at it. Today was one of those days, but who cares, it was a laundry day anyway.

I feel like a kid again. And I feel like I have to relearn things.

The way I've been planning worked... until a month later. Then it worked again, and it stopped working again, permanently... It didn't work when I added more things to it. Which means that I've been wasting my time scheduling when I should've been journaling instead, and leave the schedules as only important appointments, like an upcoming meeting, or a deadline I must accomplish. This also means deleting a lot of stuff here. I'll probably leave the writing because it's the constant.

Therefore, I am going to do appoinments and deadlines only, and start journaling my victories and doing gratitude. The scheduler has been doing that better, but freeing space by removing the goals for the day gives me more room to do things. As for the things for the day, I decided to embrace the chaos and do the thing I should've been doing since I picked up TTRPGs: rolling tables. Stuff from deadlines take priority, of course, but if I can't, for the life of me, do things even when I write down that I MUST DO THE THING BEFORE THE DAY ENDS OR ELSE I WON'T CALL THAT A VICTORY, I can't bring myself to it.

I'm in the progress of making those rolling tables. At the end of the day, they are probably going to end up with the dice being optional, and since I always move around my time due to powercuts and always having to be on call for anything...

Yeah, embracing the chaos here. If I could do D&D sessions the day before for an entire campaign, then I can do this.

August 6th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 60 Seconds Knee-to-elbows +EC
Count: 1196 - 1192 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: DAREdice: 16 Lunges
:x: 1 minute Uttanasana w/Toe Reach
Dancing Days: 12

Challenges:
:v: Push-up Ladder: Day 6
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:
:x: Not today.

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Well, this was less stressful. It was also way more motivating. Instead of jotting down goals for the day, and ticking them off as the day passes (or doing it the next day, as it usually happens because I write late at night), I did something different today. I wrote down one task, only one task: to make the rolling tables. And, even though there was a lot of time wasted, like going to the non-profit, having a late lunch, and working out (though I don't consider any of that "wasted" time, but you know what I mean), I did the thing, and tested it out.

Even though I'm using one die for all of the tables, through averages I created rolling tables to have a... slightly higher chance for the stuff that I care about the most. I ended up collecting stuff that I haven't touched in years, stuff that I recycled for my games, and... Wow. Not counting what's been lost or merged throughout the ages, I ended up having 11 different worlds, to which I reduced to 8 because three of those worlds can be one world on its own, but seen through different timelines; huge gaps between the ages, like how Warhammer 40K has events that always take place with huge time gaps inbetween them, or the Marathon series, where there's like a millenia between games, that kind of stuff.

But I digress. The rolling table is done, now I just need to put it on a real paper, and I'm not talking about printing it, oh no... I'm writing it down on a blank piece of paper, fold it, and keep it inside the journal, like a bookmark that's always on the current day. Speaking about my journal, I wrote my stuff down taking inspiration from Mass Effect 3's journal, because it's the simplest one. The main Goals, the one that I need to take care of soon, I wrote them down as "Priority: Goal," and then below, a description of what needs to be done, with a box that I tick next. That's how I count my victories now. And if I have a small activity that I want to do, I write it down as "Assignment: Activity." Say, watch a video, or something.

Of course, I only journal in one page, and if I have a thought that I want to broaden, I take it, and write about it in my diary. There's a difference. A journal and a diary are different things. And I always pick up my diary when something very important happens.

Having less objectives is much less anxiety inducing, and it feels like I can do things now. Putting it like in Mass Effect 3 makes it more fun too. And, at the end of the day, I always write the dates on each page each month before I start writing down on them, which is good to put appointments as they come. Let's see how this new system goes, and for how long can I take it. I do need a spiral bound notebook, however. It's more convenient for this... but I'll take what I have, for now. I'll fix that in the future.

Oh, and it was a difficult day because we ran out of water, and we couldn't get anything because there was a powercut last night. Thankfully, we have water now.

Not fun doing 100 Burpees thirsty, much less doing two sets of 50. I noticed that, every time I take a break from them that is very long, I end up increasing the numbers. Maybe I shouldn't be so dilligent on doing them on a daily basis... but, then again, I like to do them!

August 7th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 2 Minutes Splits +EC
Count: 1197 - 1193 +EC
This was my CD after training. NOT FUN HAVING THOSE AS A DD!

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
50 Full Burpees
50 Full Burpees
:v: Bubble Butt +EC +Old Version: 20 Reps each exercise instead of 14
:v: DAREdice: 4 Push-ups (+4 One-armed Push-ups that were attempted, with very bad form)
:x: Daily Walk
:v: Shuffle Dance! (#1, #2, #3, H.A.T.E.R.)
Dancing Days: 13

Challenges:
:v: Push-up Ladder: Day 7 - LVL III
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:
:x: Not today.

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
This was fun. Even though a lot of my day was eaten up by a powercut that lasted one hour, and then a lot of procrastinating, I managed to get the rolling tables on a physical piece of paper, and tried it out. Rolled an Edit for 10 minutes, which I did to one of my first drafts pending. I managed to get the first part of that story edited, and...

You know this "when you practiced and you play worse than before" meme? Yeah, it's exactly like that. I felt like everything was going wrong while I edited, so I put the before and after together, and... Yeah, it's like the first edit is the first draft, and the first draft is the first edit. I nailed it on a couple of parts, but overall, it's bad. It's real bad.

I need to fix that. Nevertheless, it got me working, even though it was for 10 minutes. We'll see how long does it last.

I also did everything that I planned for today. Everything has been ticked off, which is good. I had a guitar class to give, so... it's all going well, though I skipped the Burpees for the day. It's been a ridiculously hot day, so I didn't want to sweat more than what I was sweating when I went out to walk. But hey, One-arm Push-ups Prep today!

I'm also being attacked by a plot bunny, but I put it down on my notepad, and I already feel that's 120K words. It's a serial, but I don't know how would I release 120K words in short chunks. I'll have to think about it when it is time to write it. For now, I'm content with today, and how everything is starting to be slowly rebuilt. Not only I found a way to play a solo hexcrawl, but also a way to recover that campaign that I cancelled. A player misses his character from that campaign, and he told me today. I just need to figure things out again, and start procedurally generate everything as each goal is ticked. I need to establish a roadmap, and then start leading them towards it.

The problem with that campaign is that I focused so much in stories taking place in the ambience that I lost track of the main story. I have a ton of reading to do, even though that campaign is not a priority. Nevertheless, I want to finish it. We're at 8th-level out of 12th. I don't know how would I move the story forward, but the answer lies on my notes.

I also made progress with Amadís de Gaula on a downtime. I may finish the First Book tonight, before sleep. I'll update the progress tomorrow.

E: Progress updated!

August 8th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 60 Seconds Sahaja Navasana +EC
Count: 1198 - 1194 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: One-arm Push-ups Prep +30 Seconds Rest
:v: DAREdice: 4 Jumping Jacks

Challenges:
:v: Push-up Ladder: Day 8
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:
:v: Did some editing.

Reading progress:
:v: Amadís de Gaula - 42%

Other Victories:

Last edited:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Horrible. After months of waiting for the company, we finally got the message that they'll be delivering gas. So, I had to wake up very early to get our gas cylinders to the pick up spot, and spent two hours on a line, almost passing out due to the lack of sleep (it was very hot last night, which translated in poor sleep), and coming back home to have breakfast, and pass out on bed until noon. Then, one extra hour wasted because our cylinders weren't filled yet, so we had to wait until tomorrow at a time we do not know.

My brain hasn't been functioning well today. Honestly, I looked at my tasks, and I didn't want to do anything. The lack of sleep made me to not compute stuff in my head, so I pretty much skipped the entire day whatsoever. I was going to cheat and say "oh, I'll do something tonight," but I have to be honest with myself, I know it'll be more likely I'd end up going on a rabbit hole on Marathon's history (the videogame, not the Greek city that the race is named after) than anything that I put on my priority list.

Just a bad day. At least the temperature lowered, with some cold winds ahead. No rain on the horizon, but there were some black clouds during sunset. Here's hoping for a rainy day, which might get Qi Gong cancelled, but I take a freezing day over a day where it feels like the entire planet is a big oven at its highest temperature setting, and we're being slowly roasted.

E: Post-yesterday update. This is completely ridiculous. I went through the Marathon rabbit hole, ended up liking some ideas, and decided to apply them on my upcoming Planescape campaign. So, I ended up writing, late at night, everything that I could, and took advantage of it for as long as I could. That led me to a complete wipe of the first session, as I decided to set goals for the story, and let it progress through procedural generation (with a roadmap in mind) instead of having everything railroaded. After all, Sigil is a blank template, and I could use some good old improvisation on the table.

August 9th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:x: The Right Side + 10 Decline Push-ups
:v: Daily Dare: 60 Alt Arm / Leg Raises +EC
Count: 1199 - 1195 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: DAREdice: 12 Jumping Jacks

Challenges:
:v: Push-up Ladder: Day 9 - LVL III
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:
:x: Nope

Reading progress:
:x: Amadís de Gaula - 42%

Other Victories:

Last edited:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Today, I f*cked up. Let's not talk about the powercut that forced me to spend most of the day reading, let alone starting yet another book that I have on my shelf, unread (thanks, dice), or even the lack of time to even start editing and writing my stuff. It has been a busy day, and most of it were distractions that I couldn't escape. At least we have the cylinders, which is a good thing, but history just repeated itself. So, storytime.

It was eight years ago when the penny finally dropped. It was around this time of the year too, at the height of summer. I am transgender, and there was nothing I could do about it. The biggest feeling I recall is being lost, with no one to ask for help. After all, in Venezuela, especially in this region, there's no one to help with. Anyone who belongs to one of the LGBT letters is not welcome, which also, sadly, includes, my family. It took me a long time, but during autumn, about a week and a couple of days after my birthday, is when I started to write up a diary that, so far, it has expanded onto three giant notebooks, with some attached files, like unsent letters, and newspaper articles about how this country is not safe for the likes of us.

It was a time of a lot of experimentation and a friend that I thought I could count on, but after many years, they outed themselves as someone untrustworthy. Needless to say that I also lost friends, as I struggled to find allies. Many supported me, and none were near me. The closest one was in a completely different city from a much different state. Still western Venezuela, but further west than where I am from. It was a time where the brother I could count on about this was still alive, but I didn't dare to talk to him just yet. In fact, my family were the last people I wanted to talk about. I can see that I wrote that, more than once... even putting myself a deadline to deliver a letter...

...a letter that fell to blind eyes...

Do you know what it's like being gaslighted into thinking that you don't know yourself better than anyone else? I'm the first to admit that there are things that surprise me the most, but, after all these years, I have concluded that no one knows me better than I do. I've always heard my mom being supportive towards trans folks, so I thought she would be with me. Turns out, she became one of these that, indeed, supports trans folks, as long as they aren't family. She is the type of person that, even if I get every single exam in the world that proves that I have gender dysphoria, she would deny it.

Well, after eight years, and after realizing how everything has been going on the wrong side lately, up to the point that it has been a problem for so long that I got the "speech" about not having ambitions with being almost 30 (yeah, like I could do something in a country where nepotism and comraderie reign supreme). She calmed down after realizing that the Ministry never paid me when I got a job that I loved, but the feeling of being a failure never stopped. Every single day, I am bombared with reminders that someone else is doing more than I have, and I can't stop comparing myself to them. I can't help it. It undermines my successes, because I have to be honest, I don't see myself as a successful person at all. Even if my resumé says so, I really don't. What's the point on amassing knowledge when you don't know how to apply it? Or even worst, you can't apply it because you always see the end, but are either too lazy to even get started. Or always make the extra effort to start, and always, always, find yourself looking into shinier things, always getting sidetracked by the shiny sidequest instead of focusing upon the main quest, for a more gaming perspective.

And now, once again, I am being gaslighted into going through the same method that I went through since I was in high school, which only worked because there was people behind me at all time. Damn, even in university, I managed to get through with it because of my classmates on the first half, and because of my teachers on the second half. Being disciplined is not my problem. Lacking opportunities might be, but I always said that I can make my own opportunities, and now that's true, more than ever. I have the tools for it; it's just that I don't really use them, because either I don't know how to use them, or because I spend more time daydreaming about it than actually using them. Remember Obsidian? Remember how excited I was to write with it? I was excited because it had everything that I needed: organization, distraction... and even if I needed to take a note from worldbulding, or look for a reference, I would just load the markdown file that had it, or create it on a single click, make a note, check the reference, and go back to it without getting out of the app. Without it, I have to minimize, look for the other markdown file, open Firefox, start doing research, find myself on a rabbit hole, and... what the hell was I doing in the first place? Did I have to write something?

That's not what's hurting me right now, though. What's hurting me is that she brought that letter back from the grave, and used it as a weapon against me. I didn't allow it, though. She thought that those feelings went away, but I dropped the bomb: they never did go away. They only worsened. I didn't tell her this, but the only reason I keep them under control is because I am living under this semblance of a double life, and I can't stand it. I don't like this... masquerade that I have to put on every single day to keep going. I don't want my face to be plastered on Facebook accounts. I hate being the one taking group selfies on Qi Gong because I have the photography background, and I hate people telling me that they've seen me in social media during some event, or something. I can't stand it. I always tell people to not do that, yet it's a requirement for everything. It's not paranoia, it's that I don't want this man that I pretend to be keep living when he is already dead. I killed that man eight years ago, and I'm still carrying with his dead corpse.

This is why I like to hide my face. Because this face belonged to a man that once was, and never is no more.

No one can help me but myself. I learned that lesson a while ago. But this isn't me looking for her help, but support. I know I need help, and I'll get it, with her or not. The lesson that I learned is that I can't trust her anymore. At least, for things that matter with mental health, I cannot trust her.

Everything that we discussed about in Qi Gong went straight out the window the moment she started gaslighting me.

August 10th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 30 Seconds Toe Tap Hops +EC
Count: 1200 - 1196 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: Ba Han Sheng Qi Gong: Restoration, Regeneration, Renovation
:v: DAREdice: 12 Push-ups

Challenges:
:v: Push-up Ladder: Day 10
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:
:v: Amadís de Gaula - 53%
:v: Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments - City of Bones - 5%

Other Victories:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Got an appointment for Monday... within two weeks.

So... What do I do to pass the time? Probably keep everything to myself and keep going forward. There's not much left to do, after all.

It has been fun having a journal with the phrase "Never give up" on its cover, written in Spanish. Now, the notebook that I have to carry on with it has an illustration of a tiger. Cute, but at the same time, slightly generic graphic design stuff. But if I was into collecting notebooks because of their pretty covers, I don't think I'll have any room left for them in my house. Anyway, as usual, I drew the vegvísir on the cover, and right below, the quote from Seneca that says "if one does not know to which port one is sailing, no wind is favorable." I heard it for the first time at the end of a workshop about migration, and it has been with me since. And, about the vegvísir, I'm aware that sigil is closer to the invention of bicycle than the Viking Age, but it is supposed to be a compass, and I like the meaning behind it. Direction is what I'm looking for, and I feel like I may have some within two weeks.

I'm going to try to edit my work now, and maybe finish the second book of Amadis of Gaul before bed. I'm only three chapters left, and then the third book begins. I have to be honest, I love the second book more than the first one. It feels a lot like a D&D campaign, and the fantasy elements are even more obvious than the first book, though I blame the editor for the first book. The wording used in a couple of characters that are spellcasters didn't clear that up, so I thought they were black knights or influetial politicians and nobles instead of actual wizards. I'll explain: in English, "charm" has both magical and social connotations, but "enchantment," as far as I know, doesn't. In Spanish, however, both "charm" and "enchantment" are the same word, thus I couldn't tell whether there was magic involved even within the context, because it looked like very influential people too. Maybe I lost a detail at some point, but I was clarified about the use of clairvoyance on the second book, which cleared everything up.

But yeah, I'm enjoying it. It's like a D&D campaign written by a Spaniard from the middle ages. Maybe because it is. I do know that Don Quixote is pretty much a D&D actual play because of all the crazyness that happens. Cervantes would've been a fun DM to play Pathfinder with.

If Shakespeare would've been a DM, everything he did would be either a city campaign with a lot of intrigue, or Feywild campaigns. He would be better suited as a Storyteller for Changeling: The Dreaming, Mage: The Ascension, or even Wraith: The Oblivion, and not a DM for D&D or Pathfinder. Dante, though, he would be either a Demon: The Fallen storyteller, or a Pathfinder DM focused only on setting up grimdark campaigns.

August 11th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 30 Sumo Squats +EC
Count: 1201 - 1197 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
:v: Reforged +No rest between exercises
:v: DAREdice: 4 Squats

Challenges:
:v: Push-up Ladder: Day 11 - LVL III
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:
:v: Some editing was done

Reading progress:
:v: Amadís de Gaula - 57%
:x: Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments - City of Bones - 5%

Other Victories:

Last edited:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Another stupidingly hot day, so much so that we turned a jar of water into a jar of lemonade that is almost gone by now. The Wi-Fi has been so iffy that I was about to put the router to the garbage again. But I did finish a story, and already sent it over. I did it today, the deadline I put myself with. Honestly? It was short. 1500 words is not really a lot, but it is a short story that I enjoyed, and I wanted to write another one...

Then again, my queue of first drafts is huge. Some of them aren't even started. And I tried to start another one, but no success. I don't know if I'll do that tonight or tomorrow, but I know that I have to do something, and finish my damned novelette. And quick.

I'm putting deadlines now. Realistic deadlines, as in, I don't feel my neck tightening up when the power goes out, but also tight deadlines, so that I can make it under pressure.

I also realized how powerful Eldritch Tricksters are in comparison with Arcane Tricksters. You're pretty much getting a multiclass benefit from 1st level, and you're no longer restricted to the Enchantment and Illusion schools the majority of the time, and no longer locked into one class spell list. Instead, you get to choose the spellcasting class that you want. Plus, getting a feat that allows you to add your sneak attack damage to your spells is uncanny. Actually, my pirate Tiefling Rogue that is an Arcane Trickster can be way more powerful in Pathfinder, allowing her to also take the Pirate or the Swashbuckler dedication without sacrificing progress. Every time I stumble upon something in Pathfinder it always makes me want it to play more solo than D&D, even though I am preparing a Pathfinder campaign. It's just that I derailed myself into Vampire: The Masquerade, and frankly, I kinda want to drop it because... well, it's mostly dungeon crawling. No one is invested in the plot, but to be fair, I haven't done any plot beyond "the former Prince, now Baron, is forming Coteries to uphold the Masquerade, and the three of you are one Coterie." I may need to procedurally generate the story for this, because it isn't canon for my Chronicle since there's not much going on. Metaplot heavy games are overwhelming to prepare, and intrigue is something that the table is not into. But digging on occult stuff, killing baddies, and developing their characters? They do like that, however, it's one of those things for each player. One is more into being railroaded, the other loves unveiling lore and social combat, and the last one prefers to develop character through social interactions.

August 12th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 60 Seconds Supergirl Stretch +EC
Count: 1202 - 1198 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
80 Full Burpees
20 Full Burpees
:v: WoD: Expedited Delivery - LVL III +EC
:v: DAREdice: 4 Squats

Challenges:
:v: Push-up Ladder: Day 12
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:
:v: Finished a story
:v: 1500 Get!

Reading progress:
:x: Amadís de Gaula - 57%

Other Victories:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
So far I haven't written. In fact, I woke up very late.

D&D day. The session took quite a long time since we did a lot of social interaction, but it was real fun... even though I went the extra mile on murderhoboing my way in that chaotic campaign. Might have to tone it down a notch next time, but hey, at least I developed my backup character, just in case. We also had a bit of time left, which I used to improvise a hexcrawl taking place on the Epic NPC Man universe, and I ended up killing them all at the hands of an Ettin. But, since it was a videogame, they'll eventually respawn, though they pretty much pretended to ragequit and stop playing.

The table agreed upon shutting down the Vampire: The Masquerade chronicle for now, in favor of me focusing on the Planescape campaign, so I'll be preparing that and finishing that instead. I think asking them was the best choice so I don't start falling apart. And, since I'll be procedurally generating the story as we reach the goals, I won't have much to prep. Mostly tables and the first hooks. The hooks I'm not worried about, but the tables do worry me. I may have to steal a couple from the Solo Adventurer's Toolbox, but I don't mind. I mean, the hardest part of the work has been done. The setting is something that we can come up to on the go. It's a blank Planescape template, so we're free to run wild. And I'm saying "we" because I also let my players in on the worldbuilding, even though they come up with awful names. And I don't mean "awful" as in "cute," like giving towns phallic names just for the immaturity of it, I'm talking "awful" as in they are very bad. I know, naming stuff is hard, but they try way too hard on it.

I'm not sure if I'll write tonight. I'm still thinking about making a survival hexcrawl. Already told the table it'll be in Pathfinder 2e because it'll force me to be better prepared at that system. I may have to playtest it first, but that'll be when I develop it.

August 13th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 40 Leg Raises +EC
Count: 1203 - 1199 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: DAREdice: 20 Sit-ups

Challenges:
:v: Push-up Ladder: Day 13 - LVL III
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:
:v: Only wrote down a page

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Last edited:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
I tried to write. I really did. Not only my day got eaten up all of the sudden, but now that I finally have time to put down some words, I can't focus, and the desire to delete the whole thing and start over is strong...

I'm probably going to wake up with DOMS tomorrow, as I did the Tyr workout... while listening to Wardruna's Tyr.

I also drew a gridcrawl map on square grid paper. I followed a JP Coovert video, so it looks very in the style of an old-school videogame. The whole thing was improvised, but putting hexadecimal coordinates help me to list locations as I generate them, for I plan to recycle this map, or even expand it on other grids. I don't know. All I want to do is a perpetual Pathfinder 2e game on it and see how it goes. I'll even take it to the table once I'm done with story campaigns, with only Vampire: The Masquerade left.

August 14th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 100 Back Leg Raises +EC
Count: 1204 - 1200 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: Tyr
:v: DAREdice: 16 Lunges +2 Kgs Weight

Challenges:
:v: Push-up Ladder: Day 14
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:
:x: There was an attempt

Reading progress:

Other Victories:
Drew a gridcrawl map

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
16 hours without Internet, so I couldn't post. There were so many attemps, and even without Internet, there were too many distractions, and also, too much self-doubt.

But anyway, I woke up yesterday with DOMS... and today are worst than yesterday. Tyr left me with DOMS.

At least I gave a class, and stuff, so it wasn't a complete loss.

August 15th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 60 Elbow Clicks +EC
Count: 1205 - 1201 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: One Arm Push-ups Prep
:v: DAREdice: 10 Full Burpees

Challenges:
:v: Push-up Ladder: Day 15 - LVL III
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:
:v: Wrote my Pathfinder 2e Planescape session, though there were attempts at doing something else

Reading progress:
:v: Amadís de Gaula - 66%

Other Victories:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
It's real fun to spend the day fighting against the router so it stops kicking all of our devices out of the network. After turning off a setting that was completely useless (are they bloating routers now?), it seems that I fixed it. Nope, the problem remains the same.

I didn't open it, but my guess is that there's at least one bulged capacitor, because it starts kicking devices out of the network after it gets warmed up. But yeah, I was losing my temper. I almost threw that thing to the garbage, literally. I wanted to smash it against the floor so badly, and I'm even considering taking the hit and spend all of my savings on a new router, because... do I have choice?

Suffice to say that I didn't write one bit. I spent the day playing the Sigil WAD, and sucking at it on Hurt Me Plenty. I also rolled up a new character in Daggerfall; a Nord Barbarian this time. I'm leveling up quickly, but also I managed to be wanted by the entire Daggerfall Region for doing an assasination quest. I don't regret it. I mean, it's Daggerfall, one of the two Elder Scrolls where free roaming is taken up to eleven. Aside from that, I've been reading upon Planescape, and UESTRPG. I'm thinking about making a solo campaign on Planescape using both AD&D 2e, D&D 4e, D&D 5e, and Pathfinder 2e, but modify the lore a bit to allow for the levels of customization that Pathfinder has on races. You know, the Ancestry and Heritage bit. I'm actually thinking about modifying the Lizardfolk a bit to create D&D's Dragonborns in Pathfinder 2e as a Heritage for them. Mechanically, I'll switch the boosts for Strength and Charisma, and the flaw for Wisdom. The Draconic Resistance and Breath Weapon would be Heritage Traits, with the Breath Weapon doing 1D6 damage that scales up to one die on each odd level (like a Cantrip), and a DC for it based on the CON ability (I don't recall the formula for it. Maybe it's the same as Spell Save DC, but the proficiency level is what's bugging me). The Breath thing that Lizardfolk have would be switched for Low-light Vision, I guess. Dragonborn don't really have Darkvision, but it does sound good. An instead of the Lizardfolk language, it'll be Draconic. Feats will remain the same. As for UESTRPG, I don't know where to play it. Skyrim sounds like the best choice, since I'm more familiar with Skyrim, being the Elder Scrolls that I played the most, but I don't mind playing in Orsinium. Even a City Campaign taking place on the Imperial City, Markarth, or Daggerfall itself sounds fun.

I also went to a birthday party tonight, and I just came from it. It was real fun, even though a powercut hit us in the middle of it. Nevertheless, we pulled through from it, with camp lights, a bluetooth speaker, and one of the attendants whose phone is filled to the brim with music.

Let's see if I can turn my luck tonight.

August 16th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 60 Seconds Back Leg Raise Hold +EC
Count: 1206 - 1202 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
60 Full Burpees
40 Full Burpees
:v: DAREdice: 8 Push-ups

Challenges:
:v: Push-up Ladder: Day 16
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:
:x: Nope. Not yet anyway

Reading progress:
:x: Amadís de Gaula - 66%

Other Victories:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
I turned my luck last night only to realize the story I was writing was going to take much longer. I developed and elevator pitch and realized there's much more to do with it than just a disposable vignette. So I... "deleted" the whole thing, and wrote down a plan for it. I decided to edit a couple of what I have done instead.

Reading Amadís of Gaul also left me with the need of giving it at try at writing something like that. Chivalric romances are medieval low fantasy, with very simple themes (pretty much everyone who isn't lawful good is the villain) and simple, yet engaging characters, and very, very short chapters. The longest chapter I've read was only six pages long, with most averaging between three and four pages. Aside from that, I'm exerting my will to not go into the rabbit hole, because chivalric romances are really deep. The edition that I'm reading of Amadís of Gaul is missing two books that are sequel to it, but such books came after Amadís of Gaul was discovered in the first place. They are pretty much fanfiction made by Garci Rodríguez de Montalvo, who seems to be credited by writing Amadís of Gaul in the first place, but Amadís of Gaul's author is anonymous. I haven't been thorough with it, so I may have missed something. According to the preface, the books were written way before Garci Rodríguez was born, and he penned others after discovering them.

See? It's a rabbit hole. And there are other chivalric romances. There's Don Quixote too, but that's pretty much the last of the genre... How quaint to end things with a satire? I'm aware that there are some modern takes on the genre, but I might need to look for examples first. Thing is that I'm in love with the format. As I said, chapters are very short, not taking more than 1250 words, 1500 words at most. The writing style is very minimalistic, almost in the same way as Hemingway's will be known in the future, with descriptions that are either lacking, or very short. Even the combat scenes are vaguely described, going very fast and short, and yet, in those lack of words you can see how violent combat can be. Lastly, they are written in an episodic way, which is perfect for writers who do serials.

I can't state this more and more: every single time I pick up the book and I start reading it, it feels more like I'm reading an actual play of D&D rather than a very old book. I don't know how it was written. We'll probably never know. But I'm always reminded that Treasure Island is so good because it started off as, pretty much, an actual play of Robert Louis Stevenson. It has longer chapters, but the techniques are similar. And I do love those techniques. They are so much easier to read that it feels much less like a chore, and it leaves a desire to keep reading for more without resorting to cliffhangers, which can be (and will be) a cheap way to build tension, especially when whomever is doing them abuses of them.

I am definitely going to give it a try to writing a chivalric romance. It'll be a good learning experience. And if I play through a chivalric romance, I'm using Pathfinder's Kingmaker for it. The rules for armies will be great to have fun with the sieges.

So, there's two long projects ahead. I'll be thinking about them, and metawriting about them before putting the first word. Right now, what I need to do first, is to edit what I have. The previous post will remain unedited, because the progress that I made last night was... moot? I mean, I wrote something, but it wasn't worth it at the end? Because the thing became longer and... Yeah, I'll stop talking now.

The Wi-Fi seems to be fixing itself too. At least I didn't fight the router today, but Connman is glitching. Why does it forget the network password sometimes the signal goes down is beyond me. All I know is that the router is putting a poorer signal, so much so that, sometimes, I don't have Internet in my room, but when I'm at the door frame, I have a perfectly fine connection, almost as if I'm right next to the router. I know the signal is poor here, since sometimes I randomly lose the signal on my devices for a few seconds, but today has been significantly worse.

August 17th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 50 Side Kicks +EC
Count: 1207 - 1203 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: Ba Han Sheng Qi Gong: Restoration, Regeneration, Renovation
:v: DAREdice: 16 Push-ups

Challenges:
:v: Push-up Ladder: Day 17 - LVL III
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:
:x: Not yet

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
After finding out that I had two stories almost done, I went ahead today and finished one of them. I still have the other one to go, but a powercut made me unable to carry on with editing. In fact, tonight's powercut destroyed any possibility of me doing anything that I planned tonight, from preparing for Planescape, to editing. All I can say is that everything will be put off until tomorrow.

It was a long powercut too... The power came back almost at midnight. And it's a hot night too...

At least I wasn't bored. I finished recycling a notebook, and it turned out ok. The spiral can't handle that amount of pages, but I'll take it. I'm putting my 5e Bard converted to Pathfinder in there, using the Dual Class and Free Archetype rules to make her a Bard/Fighter with Bastion so that it actually fits the Shieldmaiden concept that she originally had. With the exception of the GMPC, I'm not taking the Dual Class to the table for Planescape, though, but if they want an Archetype, I'll be considering to give them the Free Archetype. They'll have until next session to make their choice, but I guess they won't. Only one of them actually uses pen and paper, while the rest of us are reliant on Pathbuilder. The reason I'm taking Dual Class and not the rest of the table it's because, like I said, they rely on an app that puts the GMG Variant Rules behind a paywall, and refuse to use pen and paper (unless it's with VtM because Storyteller is way easier), plus they are already overwhelmed with the choices, so I'm not giving them extra options. Besides, me taking Valor helped our Fighter quite a lot in our D&D campaign. With this kind of party, we do need extra firepower. If they want to Dual Class, they have to accept to use pen and paper. I know that none of them are going to pay to get access to the GMG Variant Rules, unless they risk it and find another app that does.

Not anymore in my games, though. I'm taking the Proficiency Without Level rule because the crunch makes no sense, and the explaination for the crunch is shocking. Paizo claims that removing the levels from the Proficiencies won't make the game as heroic or epic, which is great for campaigns like that... but we literally killed a god at 20th Level on 5e; none of us had an AC higher than 22. So why do we need to have ACs stacking up into the 40s at 20th Level when nothing changes by removing the level from the Proficiency Bonus? Am I missing something? Is Pathfinder supposed to be Final Fantasy but with hyperinflation? It's annoying to start damaging the paper each time there's a change in Proficiency Bonus, let alone with every single level. I thought everyone learned to not do this after D&D 4e.

It sounds like a petty complain, but really, I'm not complaining. I'm just baffled at seeing the Proficiency Without Level making more sense than With Level. It doesn't make any sense to have the level added on your Proficiency Bonus, so why have it? It's simple math, but it's still math. Not to mention, the modifiers from Skill Feats and others will stack up, so the number can get higher and higher and higher, but the effect will be the same, as the DCs for the other creatures and situations also get higher and higher, so at the end of the day, leveling up doesn't matter. Oblivion had this issue too, and that's a videogame.

So yeah, I'm removing levels from Proficiency Bonus. It's my way to streamline the game, and to not make a pain in the ass to improvise DCs on the spot. I'm comfortable with the familiar range of 1 to 30; I don't need to cover 20 extra numbers just because the core rules say so. I am the GM.

August 18th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 30 Sit-up Elbow Strikes +EC
Count: 1208 - 1204 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: Savage Mode - LVL III +EC
:v: DAREdice: 16 Jumping Jacks

Challenges:
:v: Push-up Ladder: Day 18
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:
:v: Finished a story completely and it's on its way now

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Today was probably the hottest day of the week. I think it was wrong that my computer read 72ºC when I could feel it was warmer than that. This entire week has been really, really hot. And I still need to find a new router, because this one's issues are worsening. The signal is really poor here, and I can't stand it. It took me a long time to transfer a Markdown file from the computer to my phone through Telegram (because, for some reason, it doesn't want to send Markdown files through Bluetooth? I didn't work around that, though); a file that is no bigger than 30 KB.

Other than that, already finished my Planescape session, my GMPC, and everything is set for tomorrow. I've been checking up on other systems too, just to broaden my horizons. My best friend and my girlfriend are playing Baldur's Gate 3 now, to which I'm jealous, but at the same time, not so much. I was never hyped for Baldur's Gate 3 in the first place. I'm glad the game is doing good, not going to lie, but I'm not very rushed to play it, and I don't even care about spoilers. Too busy doing my own thing to care, I guess.

Still reading Amadís of Gaul, which could be the most interesting part about my day. There's also a workshop about homegrowing vegetables at the non profit, to which I paid some attention to it. And I say some because I was also reading. I went there to help, not exactly to participate in the workshop, but I learned a few things.

August 19th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 2 Minutes Side-to-side Chops +EC
Count: 1209 - 1205 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
50 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
:v: DAREdice: 4 Full Burpees w/Jump Knee-Tuck

Challenges:
:v: Push-up Ladder: Day 19 - LVL III
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:
:v: Edited and finished the bits that were missing from my Planescape session

Reading progress:
:v: Amadís de Gaula - 75%

Other Victories:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
This was a first. I thought I'd take the entire day on Planescape, but the party chewed right through my plans, and I could feel them eager for more once I ran out of content. I too wanted for more. The fact that we got to play our first characters again on a new system, tie up loose ends, and fix relationships with layers of layers of conflict was so fun and intriguing, that I couldn't help but keep the story going for what was worth of another session. I had to railroad them a bit because, as usual, plot hooks for them are backdrop information, not actual quests to unravel.

Because we are playing Planescape, there was a good excuse to bring favorite characters back as NPCs. Many of them, player characters, with one being an NPC from our second campaign. One of those characters was my character from the other GM's first campaign, to which her concepts falls better within Pathfinder 2e as a Sorcerer (Inventor Dedication) flavored to be a Clockwork Soul Sorcerer, or a Dual Class Sorcerer/Inventor, rather than the Clockwork Soul Sorcerer with the Artificer Initiate feat on 5e. Having all of them in one place thanks to a disaster caused by the other GM's character from my second campaign not only was in character for his character, but also something that everyone smiled about it.

They are also curious about the rewriting that I've done. They are figuring out the prehistory of their world, since I wrote that it was lost to the ages. I'm getting way too much into Marathon / 40K levels of complexity when it comes with my campaign setting (and I'm not even getting into hard sci-fi concepts, but rather philosophical concepts about religious beliefs), which suffice to say, has intrigued them to the point where their characters are starting ot have doubts about their religious beliefs. The reason I'm doing that rewritting is to fit Starfinder, D&D, and Pathfinder into one whole world, with different epochs where we always have a backdrop to play without resorting to homebrewing. And I increased the size of the world so that anyone can develop it no matter how much they want it to. Besides, none of that is canon, until it is. What I mean by that is that everything that happens it's canon to the table, and ot the GM behind the screen. It's pretty much what this article by WotC proposes. It also applies to my campaign setting, so if they want to use it, they can butcher as much as they want. Plus, we have Planescape, in case we want to do crossovers with characters, canonical or not. Besides, we're a D20 group. We can cover ourselves with D&D 5e, Pathfinder 2e, and Starfinder. We're no getting into other systems, with the exception of Toon and Storyteller V20. For the former, we're still waiting for the third GM to actually have a session prepared, and for the latter, I shut it down while we do Planescape, and I think about rescuing my cancelled campaign. I'll pick it back up once we're done with everything, and use it instead of our Urban Arcana party, because the Urban Arcana party is on 6th-level, and I don't want them to turn into epic levels.

August 20th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 30 Seconds Elbow Plank Hold +EC
Count: 1210 - 1206 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: DAREdice: 16 Sit-ups

Challenges:
:v: Push-up Ladder: Day 20
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:
:x: Amadís de Gaula - 75%

Other Victories:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
A waste, I think. My appointment fizzled out because the psychologist went on holiday and either they didn't notify the staff, or the staff never found out. Whatever that is, it doesn't surprise me at all. This is how it usually rolls in this country.

But anyway, I pretty much slept, did my shift... and didn't have time to write. It was more of a mental health maintenance day more than anything. Plus, I got a bad review that triggered my dysphoria without me realizing it. The temptation of trolling them is there, but then there was the temptation of making it worst to prove that their opinion didn't matter. In fact, it doesn't. The thing is raking up a much better score than my previous story. I've been trying to shrug it off, but each time I go back at it, and I just want to carry on with that story just to mess with that person, double down on the issue, lampshade it even, and then make the second part 100 times better than the first.

I took a note anyway. At least I have something else to write, once I run out of shorts that are half-way through.

I tried to edit today, but couldn't. Instead, I solo'd a very short D20 game, like, half an hour, and that's it. It got busy with the water too, and right now, I just want to go to bed and relax.

August 21st, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 30 Seconds Lunge Step-ups +EC
Count: 1211 - 1207 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: Butt Lift +EC
:v: Glutes, Quads, Hamstrings & Calves
:v: DAREdice: 4 Sit-ups

Challenges:
:v: Push-up Ladder: Day 21 - LVL III
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
The bad reviewer got it wrong. The score is almost perfect, and the story pretty much went trending on the site. My amount of followers is not increasing, but I think that's me to blame since I'm not doing much to create a following. That ought to change soon, so I should really consider doing a weekly series to engage some people. I'm also thinking about diversifying to other places before putting a thing for sale. For now, I'd rather to get some followers before starting crowdfunding and then doing paperwork. After learning that one writer had an issue where a scammer trained an AI model and used it to write bad books and published them on Amazon under the author's name. Amazon, of course, isn't doing anything because the author's name isn't trademarked, and getting those scam books out of Good Reads is a long proccess. I saw a clip of an interview from it on Writer's Digest, which was concerning. Scams like that have happened before, but they are turning more sofisticated. Besides, isn't creating fake products off of a real one the very definition of copyright infringement, more especifically, piracy? Because having a scammer using a trained AI on your work and using it to create fake books under your name to make a profit... I think that fits more the definition of piracy than picking up a second hand book. And before you say that's the wrong comparison, trust me, WotC thinks that one person, on a TTRPG table, opening up 5e's Player's Handbook for everyone to read, is piracy, so I am going with the unhinged definition of corporations, because it's a corporation that's not doing anything while one of the author's that use their platform to distribute their books is pretty much having their identity stolen. They do have a point in saying that their name isn't trademarked, however.

That actually ought to be the first thing I must do, legally. I actually caught an interview with a lawyer on TV who especializes in copyright and trademark law, and the interviewer proposed the interesting situation about three businesses having the same name on the same corner, but each one of them started their business on a different time. The lawyer argued that it didn't matter for how long have you had that name, but actually, who's the one who trademarked it first. Because the one who gets the trademark has the right to make the other business owners to make them stop. Copyright law is pretty much universal, and that's concerning. If a scammer used AI to steal the identity from an author, whose to say one of them gets craftier and trademarks their name before the author?

I am not a lawyer, but I'm grateful that I catched that glimpse of the interview. Once I have the money for it, I must do that. It's easy to create a pen name, but protecting it from bad actors is the real issue. After all, as an author, your name is the brand. Stephen King and Terry Pratchett knew that perfectly.

Anyway, I didn't post last night. In fact, I skipped the night routine. I was so sleepy that I started to have a headache, but it's now over. There was a powercut, but it was very short. I gave a guitar class, and sold some junk we had around. We're cleaning things up, and we'll keep on cleaning them. It's a slow process, but we're getting there.

August 22nd, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 2 Minutes Shoulder Taps +EC
Count: 1212 - 1208 +EC

Night Routine:
:x: Mani Salutation - 1 Set
:x: Five Rites
:x: Virasana Meditation

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: WoD: The Maid of Tarth - LVL III +EC +No rest between sets
:v: DAREdice: 10 Jumping Jacks

Challenges:
:v: Push-up Ladder: Day 22
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:
:v: Went into editing some

Reading progress:

Other Victories:
Guitar class today

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
I'm getting a lot of distractions, and at the same time, pressure for finishing the next work. I think the fallback will go this week since I'm not done yet. The distractions... I don't really know what they are. Self-doubt? Maybe. Lazyness? I think it might be lazyness too? I mean, I catched myself going down rabbit holes of history that I didn't know about, and by the time I realize I'm in one of them is when I remember I was supposed to be writing.

Of course, I set up a timer for 40 minutes, and almost 5 minutes left from it, I was getting distracted again. I planned to continue twenty minutes later, but workout time and... I spent an hour distracted.

Last night I couldn't work because I was so tired. Tonight, I am procrastinating because, very ironically, I am making plans to monetize and set up episodic releases, and didn't do anything about finishing what I've started. Well, I lie. I did some. I did the 1500 words, but... that's still not done. I'm halfway through now, so I can get the job done. But I don't know whether it'll be this week or not. Nevertheless, I am honing my skills. Despite the bad review, there was a silver lining in it: the thing was beautifully written. I know my prose is kind of poetic in Spanish already, so I guess it starts to bleed through in English. Besides, my grammar is improving a lot. I noticed that I'm using less adverbs and I am more aware about the passive voice, which was very hard at first, and I didn't know what passive voice really was because, in my native language, Spanish, passive voice does not exist. I'm also using less words, though the wordcount is always increasing on the first edit. I blame it on the fact that, in some parts, something could be better.

But anyway, my findings about those plans came from Amadís of Gaul. I actually went to find a free manuscript online (the book is on the public domain), and transcribed the first chapter from the first book. I did the same with the hard copy that I borrowed from the library, and between those two manuscripts, the physical copy has 1500 words, while the digital one has 2500 words. Amadís of Gaul, like other chivalric romances, it's written in an episodic way, and it reads fast. These techniques are something that I've seen before, in Treasure Island, but where it shines in comparison is that Amadís of Gaul is more minimalistic by removing as much descriptions as possible, and goes quick to the point despite the fact that the dialogs have a lot of words, but that's something that was in par with the Spanish literature and the Spanish culture from the time: people used to speak with flowery speeches. That problem stayed for as long as the first half of the XX century, and I've seen it in the old radio and TV shows. And in the XIX century, I've seen it in documents and in history books.

I am thinking about taking some of those techniques to create a following. Releasing a very short novel, almost borderlining to a novella, sounds like a good way to get some following without forgetting about my shorts. I need to know my audience better first, though.

August 23rd, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 100 Side Jacks +EC
Count: 1213 - 1209 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
:v: DAREdice: 10 Lunges
:v: 1D3 (2) x 1 minute Uttanasana w/Toe Reach
:v: 1D3 (2) x 1-Minute Elbow Plank

Challenges:
:v: Push-up Ladder: Day 23 - LVL III
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:
:v: More editing

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
A powercut destroyed my productivity, so I didn't do anything until very late at night. I edited the fallback story since I'm running out of time, and... well, let's say that either I made it worst or there's a lot of work to be done. But I'm not putting much effort on it. I'll go over a second time, do my best, and then go straight into grammar, because I can't edit it forever. I may even have to bring the original draft back and go over it again. I don't know...

But yeah, a powercut in the middle of the day. The power came back once I was ready to leave for Qi Gong... Even Qi Gong was bad because there was a lot of talky talky and less Qi Gong. Nevertheless, the exercise was good. I ended up laying down on the floor and not closing my eyes. The sky was beautifull, with so many clouds. There was a vulture flying really high, joining a flock that flew around far from there, but not so far, probably circling around some garbage. It's been a long time since I watched the sky in that position.

August 24th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 30 Get-ups +EC
Count: 1214 - 1210 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: Ba Han Sheng Qi Gong: Planetarium
:v: DAREdice: 16 Lunges, 8 Push-ups (rolled twice accidentally)
:v: 1D3 (2) x 1 minute Uttanasana w/Toe Reach
:v: 1D3 (3) x 1-Minute Elbow Plank

Challenges:
:v: Push-up Ladder: Day 24
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:
:v: Bad job editing, but whatever.

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Another powercut. This one was significantly longer. I pretty much lost the entire day, and with it, any progress I could've done. Despite that, I'm doing the second edit, and it's going better than the first. Nevertheless, I must finish it today, or I'll start running late.

At least I finished reading Amadís of Gaul, and I'll say the same thing I've read on GoodReads: Amadís of Gaul is the great great great grandfather of young adult novels. With a format that reminds me of Treasure Island and so much adventure, it isn't a surprise to read that. Even though there was a bit of an anticlimactic part at the beginning of the third book, the entire novel is great. I'm looking forward to read The Adventures of Esplandián, which is the fifth book, and is actually written by Garci Rodríguez. I'm not interested in the other continuations, although I believe there's one called King Amadís, or something like that, but I haven't been able to find any information yet.

Anyway, I'll read Treasure Island again, and focus on Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments - City of Bone for now. Aside from Ringworld, of course.

August 25th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 60 Seconds Bear Plank Hold +EC
Count: 1215 - 1211 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
:v: Superset
:v: DAREdice: 10 Squats
:v: 1D3 (1) x 1 minute Uttanasana w/Toe Reach
:v: 1D3 (2) x 1-Minute Elbow Plank

Challenges:
:v: Push-up Ladder: Day 25 - LVL III
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:
:v: It went much better this time

Reading progress:
:v: Amadís de Gaula - 100%

Other Victories:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
I have another laptop computer now. One that I do not know what's up with it, and it's missing its power brick. All I know is that its processor is a 64 bit one, and that I can use it for the non-profit, and leave it there too, but... I don't even know what to do with it. After all, it was a donation, and my plan is to use it for the library, and possibly put Obsidian in there to run my games too, but that's it. As for what's wrong with it, I don't know.

Among that donation there was also a broken smartphone. A very old one too. I don't know what to do with those. We don't have classes on repairing computers or phones yet, but I think once we offer those, we can get the teacher and the students to repair the items. The smartphone is something that I don't think we have a use for, unless I learn how to root it and put a different thing than Android to see if I can extend its life like AntiX does with computers, which is what definitely will go into that old laptop with LibreOffice and Obsidian. Calc will most likely be the most used program from the suite, as it is on my computer. Seriously, I use Calc more than Writer because I have better word processors: Ghostwriter and Manuskript. I haven't used Word or similars to write in such a long time now.

Anyway, I pretty much skipped workout without any intention to do so. I didn't realize it got late until it was. But hey, I managed to finally write down my next Pathfinder session, set up the NPCs that came out of nowhere and will be recurring from now on, plus set up the goal for the party to keep the story moving. Aside from the Mercykillers, the Free League will make an appearance. I'm thinking of bringing Annah into my Planescape game too. She is a very different Tiefling; an OSR Tiefling, so that'll make an interesting addition to the game. My version of Sigil is already weird because there's so many anacrhonical things going on, like Starfinder tech over some places. Not so common, but it's there, and they've seen it.

I also finished editing my WIP and sent it off. It was the fallback story, and not the one I intended to upload this week. That one is still a work in progress. Hopefully it'll be done by the next week.

E: It seems that I didn't modified anything from this to make it clear, and made it to repeat the previous day.

August 26th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 30 Seconds Raised Legs Hold +EC
Count: 1216 - 1212 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: DAREdice: 8 Sit-ups

Challenges:
:v: Push-up Ladder: Day 26
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:
:v: Sent the draft

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Last edited:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
D&D day. The other GM was in charge, plus we progressed in the gridcrawl. It was difficult to play today, but it remained fun. The GM is saying that my character is suicidal, then again, every single NPC he throws my way always end up manipulating or doing something to my character that she takes deeply personal, thus she considers them enemies, or even worse, heretics. I know I am the biggest murderhobo of the party at this point (we are all playing an Evil campaign, after all), but I still don't get why he wants my character to separate what's business from personal matters when, from her backstory, he's already aware that she's no criminal. She's just a cultist trying to set up her own religion based upon a corrupted version of the Goddess of Love from my universe, to which she sees herself as. She was less of a murderhobo today, yet he still expected me to act cool when an assassin who almost killed her, and also beat up one of her followers so badly that she ended up fortifying her church, was hired to work with the party. Now I can give him a break because he's new at being a GM, but some things he's doing make no sense at all. Having that guy showing up at the party could have been a fun twist... if the entire party was made of seasoned professionals, to which only one of us is. It's like he doesn't know our characters at all...

We even toned down the murderhoboing tendencies, with the exception of completely being psychopaths against one NPC that, to this point, turned into our own personal punching bag, just like Gilear Faeth on Fantasy High. Nevertheless, our party shine through in combat. Our Barbarian got a +1 shield that broke his AC entirely, going beyond 21 at 7th-level. He also made one heck of a jump from a moving coach into another, and beat everybody up before the coach caught fire. Using Create or Destroy Water, I put it down so that he carried on with the beating, took control of the horses, and came back. Our Bard also shined through killing people emotionally, and the other Cleric also did with his Lightning spells (I am an Order Cleric, he is a Tempest Cleric. The others are a College of Creation Bard and a Path of the Juggernaut Barbarian). There was also another combat that was easily won by me using Control Water to flip a boat over, while the rest of the party stabbed the water. Seriously, Clerics are broken.

We carried on with the gridcrawl, and I have to say it, I hate D&D at 1st-level. The characters are very squishy, and I had to intervene through hidden works by giving them items to endure the situation. Of course, it came with a cost. We started with 100 survivors on a shipwreck, and I killed 7 through a cholera outbreak when the party was exploring and killing some goblins near a place where they wanted to settle up a camp. Mind you they started at Zero Level, so they didn't have starting equipment. The goal from that procedurally generated campaign is to create an emergent narrative that comes out as they take actions. At first, they are anonymous, but as the time marches on, they might turn into legends. Think about the videogames Banished and The Guild combined. So far it remains interesting, and I'm looking forward as to what will be their next plan.

I implemented a thing from ICRPG in this game, which helped because the rolls were very low. That's mostly why they fell so much: the D20s were burned out after we were done with the first game.

August 27th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 10 Tricep Extensions +EC
Count: 1217 - 1213 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: DAREdice: 12 Sit-ups

Challenges:
:v: Push-up Ladder: Day 27 - LVL III
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:
:x: Not yet

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
I didn't forget to post last night. The problem was that the water arrived so late that I didn't even want to post once we were over with that chore.

I didn't edit much either. Only a paragraph, and even write some of my campaigns. I actually had the idea cleared out, so I had to jot everything down before I forget. It was all thanks to Kominn Heim. That song reminds me of a critical NPC from our first campaign; the first noble we helped and, in exchange, he helped us all. His death was very sentimental to all of us, and the song lyrics emphatize his backstory of being alive for thousands of years, once a hero of legend, and now forgotten, waiting in the background, for the new heroes to arrive. His immortality was because he is a vampire who didn't fall to the beast (I'll use the VtM lexicon for convenience) unlike the rest of his kind, and fought them before he became a legend. When he saw the new heroes rising, he tried his best to keep his secret, but once we found out, he knew it was the time to sacrifice himself and make way for the new heroes, and come back to his lover in the afterlife. The final part of the song says it all, and I always end up going back to the time in which we burned his body at the mountain, staring to the fire until it was nothing but ashes:

Old NorseEnglish
Núna er ég loftið
Núna moka ég jörðina
Núna get ég flogið
Núna er ég loftið
Og ég er trjábörkurinn
Og ég er ræturnar
Og ég er mykja
Og nú er ég kominn heim
Now I'm air
Now I dig the earth
Now I can fly
Now I'm air
And I am the cortex
And I am the roots
And I am manure
And now I'm at home

I brought him back for that campaign. Not a Peticioner, though, since it's not a Planescape campaign, and his story was pretty much over. But he'll be the guide to that party in that future that'll come once Planescape is over.

I'm also putting things together at the library now. There was a powercut too, which made me very lazy yesterday. The heat seems to be increasing more and more...

August 28th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 30 Knee-in with Back Kick +EC
Count: 1218 - 1214 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
:v: Killer Butt +No rest between exercises
:v: DAREdice: 8 Sit-ups
:v: 1D3 (3) x 1 minute Uttanasana w/Toe Reach
:v: 1D3 (1) x 1-Minute Elbow Plank

Challenges:
:v: Push-up Ladder: Day 28
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:
:v: Only a little progress.

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
There was more progress in the editing today, and I almost got the job done. I thought about finishing it tonight, but my eyes are closing.

Still, it was good progress. I had to fight the urges of distracting forces, plus a powercut that didn't last too long. I'll finish it tomorrow. I'm still on time, and without D&D this Sunday, I have more time to produce some more good stuff. It's a bit stressful, but I'm getting the hang of it. I am editing slightly faster than before, and taking rhythm as the go by doing whatever I can do on the hour, for how long I can. Today I put myself a limit and said "ok, edit until this part, and then go grab dinner." Yeah, after dinner, I just went to do something else. 70% of the draft is done, though. After this, it's only a matter of grammar and typos.

August 29th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 30 Seconds Twist Lunges +EC
Count: 1219 - 1215 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: One-Arm Push-up Prep +30 Seconds Rest +10 One-armed Push-ups after workout
:v: DAREdice: 8 Lunges
:v: 1D3 (1) x 1 minute Uttanasana w/Toe Reach
:v: 1D3 (1) x 1-Minute Elbow Plank

Challenges:
:v: Push-up Ladder: Day 29 - LVL III
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:
:v: Almost done...

Reading progress: