AquaMarie

Paladin from Texas, USA
Pronouns: she/her
"If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water."
September 20: 90 DoA day 53, level 1
September 21: 90 DoA day 54, level 1
September 23: 90 DoA day 55
September 24: 90 DoA day 56, level 1

When I first got my cat, she hated to be brushed. HATED it. She would run from the sight of her brush. So I decided to start brushing her every night before she got her wet food so she'd associate being brushed with something good. (We have a 'brush the kitty' song, too, set to The Ride of the Valkyries, but that's another story :chuckle: ).

Yesterday she jumped up on the couch next to me and was fussing, but I couldn't figure out why. Finally I picked up her brush and showed it to her, and yep, you guessed it, she rubbed her face on it and sat right down so I could give her a proper brushing. She sat there for a good five minutes, smiling the whole time. It made me smile to remember how much she hated it back then, having her love it so much she asks to be brushed now.

Cats are awesome. :kittens:

Last edited:

AquaMarie

Paladin from Texas, USA
September 28: 90 DoA day 57, level 1
September 30: 90 DoA day 58
October 4: 90 DoA day 59, level 1
October 7: 90 DoA day 60, level 1

I try to do at least four workouts a week, but two weeks ago I got hit with a nasty (for me) bout of depression. :smash:It was all I could do to get two workouts a week in. (And that much only because I felt guilty for not keeping up with the program.) I started feeling a little better and this weekend, thank goodness. I actually managed to do some laundry! :yas: It's a little victory, but I'll take it. :worried:

AquaMarie

Paladin from Texas, USA
@Sif_Shepard @NancyTree Thank you both!

October 11: 90 DoA day 61, level 1
October 14: 90 DoA day 62, level 1
October 15: 90 DoA day 63, level 1

I bought a two new cookbooks last week: The Unofficial Disney Parks EPCOT Cookbook and The Unofficial Disney Parks Drink Recipe Book. About ten years ago I had an internship at Disney World, Florida, at the aquarium in Epcot, and I remember having some of the dishes in these books. Last night I made French onion soup from the EPCOT Cookbook and it's so, so good! I can't wait to have leftovers tonight. :noming:

AquaMarie

Paladin from Texas, USA
October 25: 90 DoA day 67, level 1
October 26: 90 DoA day 68, level 1
October 28: 90 DoA day 69, level 1
October 29: 90 DoA day 70
November 1: 90 DoA day 71, level 1
November 2: 90 DoA day 72, level 1

"Wait. Wait and see. The world is not always cruel." --Nettle and Bone, T. Kingfisher

AquaMarie

Paladin from Texas, USA
November 4: 90 DoA day 73, level 1
November 5: 90 DoA day 74, level 1
November 8: 90 DoA day 75, level 1
November 9: 90 DoA day 76, level 1
November 11: 90 DoA day 77, level 1
November 12: 90 DoA day 78, level 1

Huh. I just realized I never posted the picture of my finished cross stitch bookmark. Let's fix that!
Screenshot_20221114-202520~2.png

Fremen

Mercenary from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."