A mechanical heartbeat in the snowy forest

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
5 minutes cardiac coherency done yesterday evening ; may not be much better today and tomorrow because it's the week of huge meetings for work and that's such a loss of time, argh! But gotta do it.

This morning new knee exercise serie (still about 25 minutes), Yoga abs D10, and 3*tree asana on each side, as working on my balance seems an important goal for the kinesitherapist. Meditation not yet done.

D114 of consecutive exercise. D100 was September 26th.

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Thank you @Mamatigerj !
Yesterday again 5 minutes cardiac coherency, no choice with my schedule.
This morning the workout below at level II, Yoga abs D11, and 3*tree asana on each side ; IBS-centric meditation.

D115 of consecutive exercise. D100 was September 26th.

ETA : corrected because I had forgotten to insert the workout.

Last edited:

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Yesterday yoga class, and meditation about 8 minutes. Despite the subway (+ shopping), this turned out fine for my knee. I was super careful in Yoga, and avoided all knee twisters, including pigeon (even with a brick below the bottom) ; and came out of it quite happy, with a leg well stretched - so, decidedly more comfortable.

This morning did Yoga Abs D13, 3*tree asana on each leg, and knee therapy exercises. Meditation not yet done.

D117 of consecutive exercise. D100 was September 26th.

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Nasty day. Nasty.
A teacher got killed trying to prevent a terrorist to come into a school, in northern France. Nearly 3 years day for day after a teacher got decapitated for explaining the mahomed caricatures to his students. Monsieur Bernard, Samuel Paty. France must remember those teachers.
So tired by all this violence... I needed to vent here. Sorry.

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Pronouns: You there
"Every world spins in pain. If there is any kind of supreme being... it is up to all of us to become his moral superior. Vetinari/Pratchett"
Nasty day. Nasty.
A teacher got killed trying to prevent a terrorist to come into a school, in northern France. Nearly 3 years day for day after a teacher got decapitated for explaining the mahomed caricatures to his students. Monsieur Bernard, Samuel Paty. France must remember those teachers.
So tired by all this violence... I needed to vent here. Sorry.
🕯🕯

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Thank you @Anek , @Gandhalfit , @Mamatigerj @Fremen and all. @Gandhalfit , I know it is peanuts comparing to what you're leaving, but it is linked - one of the Hamas spokepersons had called on for Friday 13th to be "world jihad day", and well... On Thursday I had mentioned thay to someone, who scoffed saying there was no chance it'd propagate in France. Well well well. Wish I had been wrong and she had been right.

Anyhow...
Meditation not done.
This morning Knee kinesitherapy exercises, Yoga Abs D14, 3*tree asana on each leg, meditation not yet done but I WILL. Non mais.

Good thing, my parents are coming for lunch tomorrow so gotta start preparing the dish - a red kidney beans stew (with red wine and French herbs) with Toulouse sausages. Nothing very fancy, but should be homey and tasty.

D118 of consecutive exercise. D100 was September 26th.

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Thanks @CODawn , hugs back.

The Red beans stew with read wine and herbs , served with Toulouse sausage, was a success :) Next Sunday parents will be away at my older bro's so it was nice treating them.

Meditation done yesterday - 6 minutes, meditation done today, 8 minutes.
This morning workout below level II, Yoga Abs D15, 3*tree asana on each leg.

For the week (Sunday to Saturday):
I walked at least 5,000 steps or went to the gym every day but Tuesday. Goel reached
I went only once to the gym, no courage to do it again Friday and Saturday. Must do better.
Fruits every day, fresh food good.
Habit 1 good, Habit 2 not good yet. I will try a new type of schedule next week.
Yeah, meditation had one miss , and a bit more equal breathing than I'd like, but I will accept it.

D119 of consecutive exercise. D100 was September 26th.

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Cardiac coherency done as meditation for yesterday.
Today: workout below at level II, Yoga Abs D17, 3*tree asana on each leg, and kinesitherapy - I definitly like this kinesitherapeut :). And I really need to work on balance! Nearly half of the kinesitherapy session was spent on this foam-surfboat-like contraption to work on proprioception and balance.

Meditation not yet done.

On Monday, the hommages to the teacher killed last Friday, and the one killed 3 years ago, were disturbed (bomb scares, other threats to teachers, refusal to do the minute of silence). And now we hear about Brussels. Sigh. Hugs to all Belgian bees, dog-lovers and others. Well, what the heck, hugs to all bees.

D121 of consecutive exercise. D120 was October 16th.

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Thank you @Anek - isn't it crazy how humans can do the worst - but also sometimes the best?! Coming here on the Hive reminds me of that best. But gotta live in the real world and know not everybody has pleasant - or even neutral - intentions toward you.

Yesterday evening Yoga, and short editation. I have lots of appreciation for Tuesday's teacher.

Today: Yoga Abs D18, 3*tree asana on each leg, and knee kinesitherapy exercises. Meditation not yet done.

D122 of consecutive exercise. D120 was October 16th.

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Hugs and thanks, @Gandhalfit .

Did meditation Friday evening.
Yesterday knee kinesitherapy exercises, Yoga abs D21, tree asana done 3* each side, IBS-centric meditation done.
Today Yoga abs D22, tree asana done 3* each side, and following workout, and 8 minutes mantra meditation done.

(guess I will have a rotation of a few workouts until kinesitherapy is done).
Adding 30 hops for the Hive defense. Small number, but I'd hate to anger my kinesitherapist by overdoing something solliciting the knee joint,, LOL! On that topic, my knee allowed me to GO DOWN some stairs in the subway, and did not complain after. That's another huge step!

D126 of consecutive exercise. D120 was October 16th.

I walked at least 5,000 steps or went to the gym every day but Monday and Friday. Goal NOT reached
I went only once to the gym, I felt really off Thursday. Must do better, AGAIN.
Fruits every day, fresh food good.
Habit 1 good, Habit 2 not good yet. New schedule not good, I don't want to wake up earlier, and don't want to start work later ... Either I "tighten" my morning routine and don't lose time on... I don't know what, or I gotta try something else. Sigh.
Meditation still with too much equal breathing.
All that isn't good. I have an inkling why, and will work on it, as a good DareBee! Stronger together!

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Thanks, @colin , the kinesitherapist is quite happy with the evolution :)

Yesterday knee kinesitherapy exercises, Yoga abs D23, 3*Tree asana on each side, no meditation. 40 front kicks to defend the hive.

Today workout below at level II, Yoga abs D24, no additional balance exercise because it was kinesitherapy time and gosh, he is working on my balance! Plus 40 side kicks and 100 punches to continue defend the hive. Punches are a no-knee-impact exercise so I will probably add some more during the day, LOL!

However, meditation not yet done.

D128 of consecutive exercise. D120 was October 16th.

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Yesterday added 100 punches and 100 overhead punches to defend our dear Hive. And so, united, we won! yay!:pumpkin::fireworks:
Meditation was just 5 minutes equal breathing.

This morning knee kinesitherapy exercises, Yoga abs D25, 3*Tree asana on each side. Meditation not yet done.

D129 of consecutive exercise. D120 was October 16th.

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Yesterday a workout difficuIty 3, level II, can't remember the name ; Yoga abs D29, 3*Tree asana on each side, 5 minutes cardiac coherency.
Today knee kinesitherapy exercises, Yoga abs D30 :welcome:, 3*Tree asana on each side, meditation not yet done.

D134 of consecutive exercise. D120 was October 16th.

Not sure yet which challenge I may do next month ; still need to work on balance anyhow, and the kinesitherapy should go to early December at least. The results are good so cannot complain, LOL, but we will have to work on some long term exercise plan to keep that hip/knee/ankle well aligned and correctly muscled! We'll do it!

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Thank you @CODawn :) Hmmm, I may try epic abs in November - and if I see I don't do well with the reverse crunch, I will see.

Yesterday equal breathing done for relaxation.
This morning workout below at level II, and 3 times tree Asana / variation (hand grabbing on big toe and starting to extend the leg) on each leg ; meditation not yet done.

D135 of consecutive exercise. D120 was October 16th.

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Thank you @Mamatigerj and @Anek !
Decided for the Epic abs challenge, finally.

So, yesterday 5 minutes equal breathing , and yoga class in the evening.
This morning Knee kinesitherapy exercises, Epic abs D1, and 3 times Tree on each leg. Meditation not yet done.
I am taking a few days for holidays ; this morning took care of my appartment, exercise, appartment care, went to an appointment, and now for some more "house duty" always pushed for later because of work. And planning to watch some movie .

Oh, forgot to put that Monday's workout was :

I decided to give it a try to do the jumping jacks, and my knee didn't protest at all, so ... One more win to tell the kinesitherapist tomorrow, wow!

D136 of consecutive exercise. D120 was October 16th.

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
So Wednesday meditation done.
Thursday did visit to the kinesitherapist, and yoga class ; plus plenty of walking so yeah, no Darebee workout but I think I had plenty of exercise. My legs be my witnesses ;) Ah, and still did Epic abs D2, and meditation. A tiring, but very productive, day off work.
Today did kinesitherapy exercises, Epic Abs D3, meditation. For balance, my kinesitherapist suggested I work onmoving from posture to posture ; I thought of @Laura Rainbow Dragon 's balance serie, and will try a little "moving" serie for the next days - something like Tree, Extended-hand-to-big-toe, chair, Eagle pose - rinse and repeat on other side, three times. Not easy, but a different kind of challenge, I liked it. I have no kinesitherapy training nor yoga teacher training so this is my own cobbling from poses that may flow into each other. We will see!

D138 of consecutive exercise. D120 was October 16th.

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Kinesitherapy exercises, Epic Abs D4, equal breathing, and the "moving balance" asanas I described yesterday. We had a day-long choir rehearsal, to start preparing the Christmas concert ; I am soooo tired! See ya tomorrow, dear bees.

D139 of consecutive exercise. D120 was October 16th.

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
workout below level I because of time constraint, Epic Abs D5, equal breathing, and moving balance asanas (just to add that it is a variation of garudasana where I put the heel of the support leg on the ground).

D140 of consecutive exercise. D120 was October 16th.

I walked at least 5,000 steps or went to the gym every day but one. Goal reached
I went twice to the gym, goal reached.
Fruits every day, fresh food average (take-out once too many, and too much alcohol).
Habit 1 good, Habit 2 definitly in trouble. Will have to try another solution, drat!.
Meditation still with too much equal breathing.

I learned my immediate boss prolonged her sick leave by... 4 weeks. Definitly not good for her :mask: ; but also not good for work with my problematic coworkers. I will need both patience and diplomacy, and a touch of luck for my coworkers to be cooperative during that time.

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Thank you @Laura Rainbow Dragon (saw your yoga recommendation), and @Gandhalfit . Return tomorrow to the office, we will see.

Wow, those days flew by!

Monday Kinesitherapy exercises, Epic Abs D6, moving balance asanas, and equal breathing.
Tuesday yesterday did the Triceps workout, Epic Abs D7, moving balance asanas, and equal breathing.
Today Kinesitherapy exercises, visit to the kinesiterapist (double duty, I realise, but well...), Epic Abs D8, and IBS-centric meditation.

D143 of consecutive exercise. D120 was October 16th.

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Yesterday short stretching workout (can't remember which), Epic abs 9, moving balance asanas, and short meditation ; plus yoga class in the evening.
This morning knee kinesitherapy exercises, Epic abs 10, moving balance asanas, meditation not yet done.

Well, one of my coworkers has decided that to show his disagreement with our N+2s he's gonna stop doing a certain number of things, and basically refuses to communicate with them. Not only is he making things more difficult for the rest of the team, but he is also shooting himself in the foot by antagonizing so our N+2s. Big sigh. You'd think his bestie (also in our team) would get him to understand that. Team meeting this morning (with - maybe - one of those N+2s showing? Since N+1 is sick) should be ... interesting. Oh well.

D145 of consecutive exercise. D120 was October 16th.

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
@NancyTree thanks, it is sad. I am learning step by step to not involve myself emotionally, but still very much learning!

Friday breathing exercises done.
Saturday morning Knee kinesitherapy exercises, Epic abs 11, moving balance asanas, and breathing exercises.
Sunday / this morning did

, Epic abs 12, moving balance asanas, and - yay! 5 mins lovingkindness meditation.

D147 of consecutive exercise. D120 was October 16th.

I walked at least 5,000 steps or went to the gym every day. Goal reached!
I went only once to the gym, goal not reached. Booo.
Fruits every day, fresh food average (take-out once too many, better oh alcohol).
Habit 1 good, Habit 2 still in trouble.
Meditation still with too much equal breathing, better than nothing but I am still not happy with it, it isn't enough for IBS prevention.