Daily butt-ups, balance challenge up to D26, and Foundation Light up to D26. Daily wrist exercises - if possible in the water, and two aquagym sessions. Good stuff!
We went to visit a city that's well known for having many, many second hand bookstores, Bécherel (Wikipedia). I got some books, older bro got books and rare CDs, and it is a very pretty city.
We also went yesterday evening to a light show / historical show in an old church nearby, really well done and a nice little reminder of lesser known pages of our local history.

Exercise streak 26 days (D1 on 01/07)
 
Indeed @graoumia ;) (for non-french-speakers, the "bescherelle" is a grammar and conjugation reference book that every French kid in our generation had to have, studied in, and probably still has for reference. So it's kinda fun that the town's name sounds the same, though spelled a bit differently.

Back to work today (telecommuting), afer this long but necessary hiatus.
Daily butt-ups, balance challenge D27, and Foundation Light D27. Daily wrist exercises also done.

Exercise streak 27 days (D1 on 01/07). Near the 30 days mark, LOL!
 
Starting to think about August. Of course I will have my daily butt-ups, and continue with the wrist exercises. The offered challenge is fun, but I may be gearing back toward abs (always useful...). So, maybe the


and a wolf-flavored verson of Solstice - maybe we could name it "the winter solstice alchemist" or such, LOL ?

Monday Full body strength
Tuesday low impact cardio (or HIIT)
Wednesday lower body strength
Thursday yoga
Friday upper body strength
Saturday combat (instead of HIIT)
Sunday yoga (instead of / or stretching).

Starting difficulty level 2, and we will see.
It was good to do difficulty 1 this month, I really needed to rest and come back.

Would make it this week
Friday : Back and core
Saturday : Wild and free
Sunday : Deep

We shall see!
 
Daily butt-ups, wrist exercises, balance challenge D28 and D29, and Foundation Light D28 and D29. Yesterday also some nice aquatretching class - a good deep stretch, plus seawater, so good!
Darling Nephew and his sweetie arrived last night, so today is (nearly) full house, hurrah! Older bro + bestest dog leave tomorrow morning early though. But we had some good time and good chats.

Exercise streak 29 days (D1 on 01/07).
 
@wjs , did you mean this type of chats, by any chance ?:ss:
cat GIF


Daily butt-ups, wrist exercises, balance challenge D30 :star:, and Foundation Light D30 (re-badged) :star:.
I said it before, but again, thank you very much Dareteam for including these lower-level programs, they are so very useful when you are recovering / not faring well physically, and it gives me a sense of normalcy I really appreciate. Long live the Hive!

Exercise streak 30 days (D1 on 01/07). Yay! :fireworks:
 
Thank you dear @NancyTree !

So exercise continued with daily Butt ups, Standing Abs challenge to D10, and for exercise

Thursday


Friday


Saturday


Sunday Downdog app restorative yoga 10 mins

Today : Monday


ETA : doing my daily wrist exercises too, my left wrist is thanking the darebee team ;) May not fully be back to normal, but I can type again normally.

Exercise streak 41 days (D30 on 30/07).
 
Today butt ups, wrist exercise, Standing Abs challenge D12, and, not holding on a chair so that it could work my balance too :


This evening is the partial (95%) solar eclipse, not totally sure if we'll do it quiet in our garden, or out on the pier / wharf (if it's not too hot and the crowd not too big). Tide will be at its maximum right 20 minutes before the eclipse, and a strong one too, so the beach itself will not be a spot. I missed the one in 99 because I was living in the USA at the time.

Exercise streak 43 days (D30 on 30/07).
 
Today butt ups, wrist exercise, Standing Abs challenge D13, and


Nice one working out the abs and glutes too.
It was too hot for my taste so I admired the eclipse from our garden, seeing the light dim progressively was quite something. Apparently there were clouds on the sun at the most inopportune time so I was told I did not miss much else.

Exercise streak 44 days (D30 on 30/07).
 
Butt ups and wrist exercises daily, Standing Abs challenge D15 to D17, and workouts:

Saturday


Sunday 8 mins yoga with DownDog yoga pp

This morning


Dad's starting again his chemo week. For the last 4-weeks period interval between two chemos, he has not needed ONE single shot of stimulating medicines (for his red blood cells and white blood cells), for the first time since he's been diagnosed. Really amazing! I am so thankful for the good docs, my strong dad, and the uniter prayers and thoughts of so many friends.

Exercise streak 48 days (D30 on 30/07).
 
Dad's starting again his chemo week. For the last 4-weeks period interval between two chemos, he has not needed ONE single shot of stimulating medicines (for his red blood cells and white blood cells), for the first time since he's been diagnosed. Really amazing! I am so thankful for the good docs, my strong dad, and the uniter prayers and thoughts of so many friends.
Amazing, congrats Strong Dad
 
Thank you @graoumia , @GentleOx and @CODawn :) I told my dad he was cheered on by bees in various places of the globe, and he loved the idea! (well, he did travel a LOT in his life + work)...

Yesterday evening AquaGym - doing that in seawater is so nice.
Today Wrist exercises, Butt ups, Standing abs challenge D18, and


It was particularly fun, indeed!

Exercise streak 49 days (D30 on 30/07).
 
Little addition : the new test gave me levels of 4 for both met-con and strength, so guess I should upgrade. Also, note that I don't go to the gym anymore thanks to my unplannable health state, and I walk much less, which are also reasons to boost me up at home. However, so far I really love the Solstice plan, I like the variety of exercises and their flow. So let's try to do it difficulty 3 for a few weeks (with the goal to upgrade but not all at once, LOL!), with
  • Tuesday's cardio still at difficulty 2 to keep it low impact (my knees will say thank you)
  • Thursday's yoga - no slacking (meaning yes, more than difficulty 2!),
  • Saturday, combat, because that wolf enjoys it.

We will see what's the result after a few weeks, but it makes sense to me.
And if lots of secundary effects from my treatments, or unhappy ticker tocker, we can go back a few days to difficulty 2, it is more flexible on that point than following a month-long program with a set difficulty level for 30 days.

Onwards!
Viking Keep Going GIF by VeeFriends
 
ETA : using the updated test, I got 4 for cardio/metcon and 3 for both lower and upper body strength. Makes sense to me.

Wrist exercises, Butt ups, Standing Abs challenge D19; and


First level 3 exercise in a good while, I can feel my calves and quads but I kept good form, so yeah! I used the bed's corner to stabilize on the low part of the lunges, and that way they were nicely controled.

Tonight aquatretching, yay!

Exercise streak 50 days (D30 on 30/07).
 
Wrist exercises, butt ups, Standing Abs challenge D28, and


Week-end is nearly on us, yay! Last WE in Bretagne though, sniff sniff....

And the challenge is nearly over. I am hesitating for September to try the new challenge (I love the concept!), or take the one with walls push-ups to work on my upper arms for yoga. Hmmm. Until Tuesday to decide!

Exercise streak 59 days (D30 on 30/07).
 
Thank you @NancyTree , @Anek and @CODawn for the grats!
So, today was Butt Ups, wrist exercises, and


@neilarey , @Damer or other experts, why the 3/4/5 sets instead of the 3/5/7 sets usual? Just a not random question.

My healthwatch (who's a great ally to check up my heart rythm) had been having batterie issues ; it is 5 years 1/2 old, but I hope it doesn't collapse yet... It's an important tool to follow my nightly HR (early predictor of complivation) and confirm or not if I have arrythmia ; it is not necessary, but it is not a gadget for me either. Oh well.

Exercise streak 62 days (D60 on 29/08)
 
Thank you @NancyTree , @Anek and @CODawn for the grats!
So, today was Butt Ups, wrist exercises, and


@neilarey , @Damer or other experts, why the 3/4/5 sets instead of the 3/5/7 sets usual? Just a not random question.

My healthwatch (who's a great ally to check up my heart rythm) had been having batterie issues ; it is 5 years 1/2 old, but I hope it doesn't collapse yet... It's an important tool to follow my nightly HR (early predictor of complivation) and confirm or not if I have arrythmia ; it is not necessary, but it is not a gadget for me either. Oh well.

Exercise streak 62 days (D60 on 29/08)
All of these exercises are hinge-focused, which means they place emphasis on joint movement and put a little extra load on tendons and cartilage. In 9 out of 10 cases doing the conventional 3,5,7 sets is going to be OK. In one of them it may not be, especially seeing how the metabolic load of the exercises is low and they appear easy so people of varying fitness levels will attempt them. We erred on the side of caution and guaranteed as injury-free an experience as possible by lowering, slightly, the number of sets.
 
Thank you so much for the explanations, @Damer , it makes perfect sense now. My brain's happy ;)

So for September I decided to do for challenge
.

D1 this morning, butt ups, wrist exercises, and


Exercise streak 63 days (D60 on 29/08)

Tomorrow is my Darebee 10 years anniversary! (well, roughly early September, so I decided it'd be on the 02nd because... you know. Or you will remember tomorrow, LOL). I will try to write a little year summary and goals setting today or tomorrow, so, looking forward to that reflexion moment, bees.
 
Well, here we are… About 10 years ago, I was searching for abs exercises I could do regularly, to get rid of back pain that I knew to be recurrent but only due to lack of exercise.

Not only did I find abs workouts, but series of different workout ideas, a smart way to progress, and best of all, a really nice, supportive community. And the rest, as they say, is history. Lots of ups and downs, including in health, but Darebee’s been a constant in my life all that time. Shout-outs to the DareTeam and the extra community!

Happy 10 Years GIF by Molang


Anyhow, this year’s been an interesting one to mull over. If it was the summer last year that I got to start my chemotherapy, it’s been the full year to see the effects on my body, and how to cope with it. I have had to severely scale back by moments, but clearly, I can come up again, as I have been doing difficulty 3 workouts recently with good success.

A training plan is indeed the good approach for me, flexible enough to push myself in good times like right now, but scale back to difficulty 2 or even 1 if I get chemo rounds or other rounds of radiotherapy, or bouts of secondary effects. And the Solstice plan is a nice mix of pushing myself, working out my flexibility (necessary for the joint pains thanks to hormonotherapy), working my legs enough to muscle them but not so much that my right knee becomes grumpy.

summer solstice GIF


So that’s my goal, continue with Solstice, hopefully even to the point of performing some of the workouts difficulty 4, who knows. Weight stability is another goal of mine.


(weight discussion follows, so I hid it in case it is a trigger for some of you)
I gained 2 to 3 pounds with that dratted hormonotherapy, but it stabilised, and this summer I was able to continue with my no-dinner routine most of the time. I need the proteins, and I am still OK, so no active attempt to lose; but stick to the intermittent fasting routine, and continue cook as much as I can with this home delivery of groceries and recipes. This delivery is a luxury, yes, but I think one that my health, both mental and bodily, benefit from. And price is all right for my salary. So onwards!


Et voila, let’s start for another year of exercise and taking care of this bodily envelop! Hurray! As a certain dance teacher taught No One, “What do we say to the God of death? Not Today!”

arya stark love GIF
 
Thank you @BrianD , @Anek , @Damer , @CODawn , @NancyTree , @aku-chan and all those who clicked, You lot inspire me, so I do hope I inspire you back, even a little!

Yesterday , my birthday, was fun. We were invited by family friends - their daughter A is one of my best friends, and we had a good time, then with my parents we discovered a new, really nice, restaurant quite close to home. Yummy!
My bros , my SIL and Darling Nephew called me, my parents best friends called me, and my two other best friends messaged me.
And today back to work , with good spirits to spread.

So, everyday butt ups and wrist exercises

Yesterday Wall Push Up challenge D2, and for legs day


Today wall push up D3, and


Exercise streak 65 days (D60 on 29/08)