Fighting now for a better tomorrow

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Pronouns: You there
"Every world spins in pain. If there is any kind of supreme being... it is up to all of us to become his moral superior. Vetinari/Pratchett"
So, I walked around alot the last couple of days. I missed busses so had to take others that stop not so nearby. It was a mild workout but I'll take it. I had my other job today so I was back late anyway- I finally had time since I'm no longer doing the invoices.. I ate mostly healthy but I could do better. Another cousin of mine had her first baby girl yesterday. I'm happy but I'm guessing my mom is getting anxious. I have talked to my sister who is in a stable relationship and she is planning on having children so, not so guiltily feeling me (Yoda).

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
"Every world spins in pain. If there is any kind of supreme being... it is up to all of us to become his moral superior. Vetinari/Pratchett"
@CODawn Good. It should be a conscience choice.

I took today and yesterday off work. I woke up yesterday morning and was depleted and since one day wouldn't have been enough I decided to get a doctor's note and make it a long weekend. I slept through most of yesterday but today I walked a lot, over 9K steps. I had some errands and went to do a brief inspection as part of my other job at a mall nearby and decided to walk back.

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Serious question. If in your workplace, when everyone is working, someone would have discussed a political, sexual misconduct case while using all the graphic words involved in the case. What would happen to that person?

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
I don't think ... much would happen. In France, we've had our fair share of "misconduct" by political people ; and discussing it using graphic words would be frowned upon (at least by me, office vocabulary is not everyday vocabulary) , but ... the graphic words were taking from the case, and not directed at a coworker / a third party in a lewd manner... At least not from what I understand from your description. Hope it helps you. Well, the intent behind repeating those words can be dsicussed, but as we have no errorless window into someone else's intents...

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
I don't think ... much would happen. In France, we've had our fair share of "misconduct" by political people ; and discussing it using graphic words would be frowned upon (at least by me, office vocabulary is not everyday vocabulary) , but ... the graphic words were taking from the case, and not directed at a coworker / a third party in a lewd manner... At least not from what I understand from your description. Hope it helps you. Well, the intent behind repeating those words can be dsicussed, but as we have no errorless window into someone else's intents...
He got "annoyed" that the local #metoo movement wasn't calling him to quit and have a police investigation open and one of my female colleagues, who is in the same political camp he's in, started noting the differences between misconduct and criminality (it was an affair that ended badly so the mistress leaked a video.. ) then he told her that if she had her face in his... at that situation, she wouldn't give a f@&% about the differences.
Even at the office people use foul language all the time but that felt like a line crossed.

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
I think the lines are partly determined in a culturally context (both of the country/subcurlture of the area as well as the subculture of your work field), and how your female colleage feels about it.
She doesn't mind but she is the kind of person who wouldn't mind. Both my managers were there and started telling him to stop talking about it and another woman started telling him off but with swearwords..

lofivelcro

Hunter from the sticks
"Tomorrow do thy worst, for I have lived today"
I don't really understand what happened at your workplace, aside from it being political, but I always liked listening to people talking about politics in an environment you shouldn't do that in. Idk, it's fascinating and somehow a bit like a car crash. If you're not involved in a conversation, I always think it's best to just lean back, observe, and maybe learn a bit about human nature.
I worked at a gun manufacturer for two years and sometimes colleagues talked about politics while assembling pistols, and sometimes they got very passionate about it... that was interesting.

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
I had a serious cold for nearly a week (throat aches, coughing, nasal blockage... no fever though) but I think I'm on the mend. I did some lite workouts, including katana (well bokken in my case) and easy Shadebound and Unbound days. I was working from home all the while (did not need to deal with A-HOLE - that's postponed until next week I guess).

I was reminded of a band I encountered a while ago and wanted to share the track that locked me into LOVING them:

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
The air is hot and polluted. It's like May came early...
I still have a caugh and I haven't managed to exercise lately.
Tomorrow I'm going on a hike far north and hopefully it will help me get back into action.
Truth is I don't have a lot of fight in me lately.

Last edited:

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Wow! Your pictures are beautiful! I especially like the last one with the tree, the way the colors of the flower remind the colors of the tree, and the way the yellow flowers also guide the eye towards the tree... Thank you for sharing the pictures!!!

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Thanks everyone. My dad took the pictures. My phone was off most of the time. I did take pictures at a cave we were in but they're too big to upload. I'll need to resize them first.

@oneironaut It's an inactive water pumping site. That spring used to provide drinking water before the authorities realized that nature needs water as well. Anyway we drink sea water now 🤪

Last edited:

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Wow! Your pictures are beautiful! I especially like the last one with the tree, the way the colors of the flower remind the colors of the tree, and the way the yellow flowers also guide the eye towards the tree... Thank you for sharing the pictures!!!
Yeah those almond trees are always beautiful but when they get this big it's extra impressive

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Pictures from the cave. We just stayed at the mouth of it but people used to live there and the used the soft rock to dig tunnels and rooms.

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
I'm going back to veganism. Being a vegetarian made me lazy and I didn't eat enough fruits and vegetables. Now, I'm not a fan of replacements but every now and again they're fine.
So, I decided to start with a mini vegan pizza with olives, purple onions and broccoli. The colors were great
20230303_121315.jpg