TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
"Motivation is temporary. Discipline is forever."
Programmes:
:v: Hard Reset - Strength Day 27
:v: Fit December Day 21 Hmm...

Challenges:
:v: Step-Up Day 21
:v: Daily Gratitude Day 3 Primary one today - tea!

:v: ZR 5k Training W2D2. Realised that the pace doesn't matter, especially as there are walking intervals. All that matters is the continuous running. I'm thinking that I might just keep doing some running - but not as part of this particular training - until running for 10 minutes is comfortable. I did it again and I wasn't gasping but I felt that I could have done better. So I shall keep going at it until I am better! Still three days per week, but if I listen to this same week again (and potentially again and again!) it would be dreadfully dull, so I'll just do some other missions, beginning with a brisk walk. Then, when I'm quite comfortable with the 10 minutes, I'll resume at W3 again.

I think so far I've done 227 squats today. :LOL: That's more like it!

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
Programmes:
:v: Hard Reset - Strength Day 28
:v: Fit December Day 22

Challenges:
:v: Step-Up Day 22
:v: Daily Gratitude Day 4

I dunno - something around 300 squats today. I've been doing sumo squats and those things really hit the adductors!
Angry Season 2 GIF by The Lonely Island

I tried to keep a list of who threw snowballs at me. If you threw, does that mean you love me or hate me? Confusing... Bit of fun, right? I think I ducked about 790 snowballs this year. Hope everyone who participated enjoyed.

Last edited:

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
Pronouns: She/her
Programmes:
:v: Hard Reset - Strength Day 28
:v: Fit December Day 22

Challenges:
:v: Step-Up Day 22
:v: Daily Gratitude Day 4

I dunno - something around 300 squats today. I've been doing sumo squats and those things really hit the adductors! Yep, hurtin'.
Jake Johnson Pain GIF by New Girl

I tried to keep a list of who threw snowballs at me. If you threw, does that mean you love me or hate me? Confusing... Bit of fun, right? I think I ducked about 790 snowballs this year. Hope everyone who participated enjoyed.
I'd like to think I threw them at you just for fun and because I felt like you'd be/could handle competition 🤣

It's not a competition but I enjoyed making it one for myself. Motivation lol

But it's not hate 😁 just making sure you go into the new year, like the rest of us, with awesome quads 🤣

BrigidForged

Shieldmaiden from France
Pronouns: She/They
Haha I definitely threw them as a mixture of fun, because I liked someone, and at those that looked most motivated. So the more one threw the more I would throw.
Also of course if you threw it at me I would throw it back. :p

Definitely not hate though

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
Programmes:
:v: Hard Reset - Strength Day 29
:v: Fit December Day 23

Challenges:
:v: Step-Up Day 23
:v: Daily Gratitude Day 5

:v: Tricep Push-downs 2 x 5. Looking at building strength rather than mass, so that means low volume, high weight. Just playing with this right now before I get a proper plan in order.
:v: Toe-walking. Not so good in children, great in adults! Tried to remember to walk on my toes on the way to the kitchen with the empty tea-pot, but not back with a full one. I only have one good tea-pot. :LOL: Working not only on strengthening the calves, but also adding strength and stability to the ankles - and it was one of the exercises the podiatrist gave me ages ago and I forgot... :sit:

Been rethinking my goals the last few days and how I'm going to achieve them. Things changed this term so what I thought I wanted in September aren't quite right now and I have to review. I've been repeating the last couple of days of Easy Core simply because I like the stretch it gives me but I hope soon to have something more concrete in place. It's heating up here. Been low 20s until yesterday, now the coming week is going to be around 30°C which is about right - the Christmas period normally heats up.

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
Where I live the extremes are 42°C and -9°C.

I like the first better. I flirt with the heat :love: think I was a snake in my past life or something cold-blooded. 😁
It's like that here. This is the coldest Australian city even though it's not the most southern. It's inland. Once when I was down at the coast house (east) it got to 47 (outside. Inside I think it was just over 40 - no air conditioning there.) and the old fridge/freezer couldn't cope and stopped working. The children had to work their way through all the icecreams (poor things!) before they melted! Had to get a new fridge.

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
Pronouns: She/her
It's like that here. This is the coldest Australian city even though it's not the most southern. It's inland. Once when I was down at the coast house (east) it got to 47 (outside. Inside I think it was just over 40 - no air conditioning there.) and the old fridge/freezer couldn't cope and stopped working. The children had to work their way through all the icecreams (poor things!) before they melted! Had to get a new fridge.
Did you just call them poor things? Are you kidding me? That's every kid's dream 🤣

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
Programmes:
:v: Hard Reset - Strength Day 30
:v: Fit December Day 24

Challenges:
:v: Step-Up Day 24
:v: Daily Gratitude Day 6

:v: Walk/Run training. 10 mins walking, 10 mins running, 3 mins walking to cool down. I was expecting it to be a bit hard today because I had been woken appallingly early, but it was okay which was nice.
:v: Tricep push-downs. 2 x 5
:v: Lat pull-downs 2 x 5
:v: Toe-walking. Funny how after just one day, my balance with this has improved so much! Plus it's easy and fun.
:v: Hand gripper. 10 each hand whenever I think about doing it. I have no way of knowing what the pressure is, but atm the knob has been turned out 8 times out of a possible 14½, so I've got a ways to go with this one.

Have to go now and wrap presents, then, when everyone is in bed, put stuff under/next to the tree. Remembered to wear my Christmas t-shirt! At least, having Christmas in summer means you never have those bad Christmas jumpers you hear so much about. :LOL:

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
Thanks, @NancyTree @Fremen
Programme:
:v: Fit December Day 25

Challenges:
:v: Step-Up Day 25
:v: Daily Gratitude Day 7

Bit of a quieter day today. Wonder why...
Was looking for a challenge I had done ages ago and wanted to redo but it's gone. Oh well.
Doing a spot of Greasing the Groove - picking an exercise (perhaps two, not sure yet) and doing it a few times during the day. What I hope to be able to do is increase the number of reps by one every day or two. This might not happen, but I'll give it a go.
:v: GtG, Day 1 - 5 reps.

And Santa knows what I like. Okay, so I bought the puzzle myself, and the book was the only one on the list I provided that they could find, but the Lego came as a nice surprise! Foolishly, I asked which I should do first - the Lego or the puzzle. I was hoping for the Lego but everyone else said the puzzle, so... :LOL:
20221225_173312.jpg

HellYeah

"On the Run!"
Congratulations

The Krypt Puzzles are a great pain i.t.a.
I did the black one and it is a wonderful challenge. I kept the envelope closed... 😉

I would love to hear a review about "Born to run 2". I read the first one and it somehow blew my mind, changed my thoughts about running technique.

A good set of presents.

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
Programme:
:v: Fit December Day 27

Challenges:
:v: Step-Up Day 27
:v: Daily Gratitude Day 9
:v: Ab challenge Day 2
:v: Easy Cardio Day 2
:v: Power Grip Day 2

:v: GtG Day 3 - 6 reps. can't increase this too fast or else it's not really greasing, hey?

Had to go shopping (food) today and the children actually wanted to go with me. Wow - festive spirit? It was nice.

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
So close to the end, just had to stay up a bit and finish this before bed. Bit of fun, but I wouldn't get another one. Started it Sunday night. Oh, it didn't take very long at all then. No, wouldn't get another one. And the envelope is untouched.
20221228_003438.jpg

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
Programme:
:v: Fit December Day 28

Challenges:
:v: Step-Up Day 28
:v: Daily Gratitude Day 10 - How many times can yoou be grateful for an electric fan?
:v: Ab challenge Day 3
:v: Easy Cardio Day 3
:v: Power Grip Day 3

:v: Walk/Run training. 23 mins today - 10 mins walk as warm-up, then 11 mins run, and a cool-down of another couple of minutes.
:v: GtG Day 4 - 6 reps. Realised the best way for me to remember to do this is to do it every time I pour a cup of tea. Sometimes my daughter does, but when I do, I have to get up and as I'm up, I may as well just go and GtG! Did it more often today than I have other days, so I guess this might work.

Enjoying reading my new book. :scroll:

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
Programme:
:v: Fit December Day 29

Challenges:
:v: Step-Up Day 29
:v: Daily Gratitude Day 11
:v: Ab challenge Day 4
:v: Easy Cardio Day 4
:v: Power Grip Day 4
:v: 50 Squats Day 1

:v: GtG - 6 reps. When I made the tea, when I poured the tea, when I had to get rid of the tea, and when I was in the general vicinity (vicini - tea?). That groove really got greased today!
:v: Hand gripper

How we choose to react to things is largely our own choice. I made a poor choice today and didn't have a great day as a consequence.

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
Programme:
:v: Fit December Day 30

Challenges:
:v: Step-Up Day 30
:v: Daily Gratitude Day 12
:v: Ab challenge Day 5
:v: Easy Cardio Day 5
:v: Power Grip Day 5
:v: 50 Squats Day 2

:v: GtG Day 6 - 6 reps. Thought I'd actually count today. Then considered how best to do it. My eyes alit on a group of three large dice sitting on the shelf, so every time I did a set, I put one die at the number of the set, and when I got to 6, I added a second die. I can only do 18 sets though - only three dice! So I did 14 sets today. Already, after only a few days of doing this, I notice a difference. :)

:v: Hike. About 3km. It was a grey day that threatened a bit of rain and, as it wasn't hot and sunny, I wanted to go out. Where better than to the Cascades? The children didn't want to come and initially I felt cranky (again) but I was determined to go so I went alone. Cranky. Fortunately, I grabbed a CD of Nazareth from the shelf, and that's not hard angry music. Then some (slightly) reckless driving in a winding, undulating100k zone used up the excess adrenaline that was sloshing around the system, and I started to feel better. There was a bit of light drizzle - and I like that too. I parked and headed up to the little waterfall. The path is very shaded - fine for hot days too - and it was damp from recent rain, and becoming more so with current rain. On the way back down, I broke into a bit of a run. Several times, as a matter of fact! It was great! I found the trick to running up slopes is just to keep going! I only did one slope, though. A fair bit on the flatter ground, which was good. Left the Cascades and went to another area. There was a loo there, and I ran (!) past the people sitting in the picnic shelter, and headed along, scaring kangaroos along the way. Just a bit of a brief run on a flatter grassy area - because (a) I could, and (b) I actually wanted to! I wanted to go a bit further but it was getting on and I had to get back to the children. Dinner wasn't going to make itself.
20221230_193118.jpg
View of the mountains - and the weather!

20221230_193400.jpg
The Cascades

20221230_193505.jpg
An enchanted path

20221230_193209.jpg
I took about a million pictures, just trying to get a water drop about ready to fall from these plants!

20221230_192944.jpg
Another decent macro, out on the second place.

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
Thanks, @Mianevem @Anek @SlothEnergy @Fremen @Lady Celerity @aku-chan

Programme:
:v: Fit December Day 31

Challenges:
:v: Daily Gratitude Day 13
:v: Ab challenge Day 6
:v: Easy Cardio Day 6
:v: Power Grip Day 6
:v: 50 Squats Day 3

Workout:
:v: Goblin Mode A clue as to which challenge I'll be starting tomorrow!

:v: GtG Day 7 - 6 rep. 18 sets and that's it; I've only got three dice. :)

:v: Walk/Run Training. 8 mins walk, 11 mins run. My legs were a bit sore after yesterday but my run today didn't seem quite as hard as previously. I think sticking with this approach might be working for me.

And Happy New Year to you all. :fireworks: