Katia's journey

bloody dunmeri

Spartan from Samara, Russia
Pronouns: she/her
"Pick your guts from the floor (c) Goliath by Architects"
DECEMBER 15th, 2023
Today was an absolute mess, especially at work. Took a nap on my lunch break instead of working out, and everything went WRONG as I felt all broken afterwards and without any will to move.
Note to self: NO NAPS!!! :mad: I used to never take naps, even when I was in kindergarten, and now almost every nap I take leaves me unable to properly wake up lol
I also was late for work and didn't eat anything till 3:30PM because we had a 2 hour long call (and I usually start my workout at 4PM)... nothing went as planned :cry:

:x: First thing push up challenge — day 12 (just couldn't make myself do push-ups today, but will make up for it tomorrow)
:v: First thing water — day 12

TRAINING LOG
:x: Pull-up challenge — day 15
:x: Tricep dips — day 15
:v: 15 min walk outside for Daily walk challenge — day 19
:x: Fit December — day 15
:x: Goliath workout

I will make up for every :x: tomorrow, except for the Goliath workout. I'm so sad I didn't do deadlifts today :(

FOOD LOG
Bread, butter, «morning» cookies, something else??? (I didn't track food today) Also, ordered some rice with glazed chicken and a vegan sushi roll (it had cucumbers, avocado and a green apple inside and I think I will make a sushi bowl one day with these ingredients some time in the future).

BUT AT LEAST NO ENERGY DRINK TODAY!
:v: No sugar [energy drink] challenge — day 5

Waiting till it's December 20th (pay day!!!!) so I can return some money to my mum and order some good foods and cook for myself. I'm looking forward to start Only Homemade challenge in January, and I need some time to figure out what I'll eat :smash:

PLANS FOR TOMORROW

Last edited:

bloody dunmeri

DECEMBER 16th, 2023
Today was better than yesterday for sure. Slept in, woke up feeling energized. Stitched for a little bit, worked out and now watching some Ukrainian trash TV show with my Ukrainian friend over on Discord :dance:

:v: First thing push up challenge — day 12 and day 13
:v: First thing water — day 13

TRAINING LOG
:v: Pull-up challenge — day 15 and day 16
:v: Tricep dips — day 15 and day 16
:v: ~48kg deadlifts 5x6
:x: Glutes Sculpt workout BUT I switched it to :v: Stronger Glutes workout with 6/6kg dumbbells (2 min rest in between sets and exercises, 30 seconds are not enough for me to recover and be ready to smash another set)
:v: Fit December — day 15
:v: Fit December — day 16 (hall pass, I was too tired at that point haha)
:v: 30 min walk for Daily walk challenge — day 20
:v: ~10 min walk to the grocery store

And we have a long-ish highlight video of my workout today! I wore shorts because I felt confident and I love their colour, it's so beautiful!

Total calories burnt (according to my watch): 911
Step count: 6170

FOOD LOG
I ordered 3 sushi rolls because I had some cashback points I could only use for that. The salmon at the place I ordered from is so high quality, it's just unbelievable!
:v: Meal 1: half of the sushi order + a non-alcoholic fruit beer
:v: Meal 2: half of the sushi order + a non-alcoholic fruit beer
:v: Meal (?) 3: 2 fruit beers (I want to compare the alcoholic one with the non-alcoholic version :LOL:) + a Mars bar (shoud've not bought it tbh)
:v: Before bed snack: cottage cheese with mango jam + four pieces of bread with some butter

Also, no energy drinks again!
:v: No sugar [energy drink] challenge — day 6

PLANS FOR TOMORROW
P.S.: my face when it's the end of a workout
1702747791087.png

Last edited:

bloody dunmeri

The training plan for at least next 3 months (starting on December 1st, because you definitely should wait) is the Spartan, as listed here. It seems like what I will enjoy and can manage with my current work and hobbies.
THE TRAINIG PLAN:
0. 30 min walk every day in the morning
1. Full body — Batcave friendly workout (starting with 3 sets)
2. Rest/Casual training — <Totals> program + ZEN program
3. Full body — Baba Yaga workout (starting with 3 sets)
4. Rest/Casual training — <Totals> program + ZEN program
5. Upper body — Goliath workout (starting with 6kg dumbbells and ~48kg for deadlifts)
6. Lower body — Glutes Sculpt workout (starting with 8kg dumbbells but bodyweight for deep side lunges)
7. Rest/Casual training — <Totals> program + ZEN program
On top of that I will be following some challenges.
DECEMBER CHALLENGES:
Pull up challenge (but with negative chin ups)
Tricep dips challenge (but with leg supported dips)
JANUARY CHALLENGES:
Pull up challenge lvl 2 (but still with negative chin ups)
— Tricep dips challenge (but x2 reps of leg supported dips? we'll see)
Hey everyone! Today we have two posts, and this 1st one is about change of plans. I'm thinking of dedicating 2024 to [mostly] doing DAREBEE programs and challenges. I might change my mind but now that's what I want to do because I'm greedy and want all the DAREBEE badges in the world :LOL: Whatever motivates me to work out, am I right? :cool:
January:
Burpee challenge. I absolutely despise burpees. That's why I want to step out of my comfort zone and actually start doing them. «Before breakfast burpees!» sounds insane fun!

Daily Walk challenge. I'm already doing this challenge but I will be redoing it throughout 2024 as I want to get into a habit of walking 30 minutes every day. If I would go to my old gym that's exactly how long it would take me to get there and back home. That being said, simulation of going to the gym will be good for me for extra calorie burn :cheeky:

Dead Hang challenge. Even though I'm currently doing the Pull up challenge with negative chin-ups I figured I have to go back to the basics and start fresh with a simpler exercise to build my strength up (according to this guide the dead hang is the place to start before a pull-up).

Better arms challenge. Throwing this one in just to continue doing leg-assisted tricep dips. And no one is going to get harmed by some punches thrown :muahaha:

30 days of LIIT. I kinda want to get into more HIIT stuff, but I'm not ready for heavy-ish HIITs yet. So LIIT will help me burn them calories. Level III for the win!

Military Fit. Ooh, this is just an absolute dare for me, but I've been eyeing it for a veeeeery long time. There's a ton of push-ups, but even though currently I can't do full push-ups or some of their alternatives such as raised-leg push-ups, I still wanna do this program and claim it. The program is intense, but I'm determined to survive Level I.

The plan is to do the challenges and LIIT before breakfast/in the morning. Military Fit and walking are for my lunch break that I use as the time to «actually» workout. We shall see how it goes. I probably won't finish <Totals> till January, so will have to throw it in here and there (but I'll try my best to finish it till January :butt:).

Of course, there's also the Only Homemade 30 challenge there because I want to spend less money on food and start eating healthier. But I'm reserving my right to consume protein drinks and casein protein and drink some sugar-free soda. If there's no balance —and I think it is balance to eat all homemade and let yourself have some cola zero here and there — it's no fun! And the protein things I mentioned — well, I need to get enough of it, so gotta supplement.

Last edited:

bloody dunmeri

DECEMBER 17th, 2023
Consecutive days of working out: 21

Slept in today again, but I didn't plan it. I connect my long dead sleep (I can literally not hear my 20 alarm clocks or my mum calling to wake me up) to taking an antidepressant and an antipsychotic in the morning (they are prescribed by a psychiatrist) and later in the day drinking those beers. I noticed it a while back but kinda wasn't ready «to get» the connection. I'm dropping alcohol for good (unless it's like a friend gathering or a celebration — I'll have a couple of drinks then). It's better for me in general, my productivity and my fitness.

:v: First thing push up challenge — day 14
:v: First thing water — day 14

TRAINING LOG
:v: Pull-up challenge — day 17
:v: Tricep dips — day 17
:v: 30 min walk for Daily walk challenge — day 21
:v: Fit December — day 17
:v: <Totals> — day 24
Yay I did it!
:v: <Totals> — day 17
Had to switch one-legged bridges to the «normal» ones as my left hamstring would just start cramping out of nowhere
:v: some snowfight jumping jacks :D

Total calories burnt (according to my watch): 851
Step count: 7892

FOOD LOG
:v: Meal 1: 3 fried eggs + a piece of bread
:v: Meal 2: a caramel protein drink + a banana
:v: Meal 3: red lentil spaghetti (they were weird, but I think I didn't cook them properly) + butter + baked beans (these were over 1000 calories per can lmao, INSANITY)
:v: Beverages: a caramel cola + a sprite drink + 2 non-alcoholic beers

Was shocked that everything ended up being 2500 calories. Damn, literally insane how much you can eat and don't even notice it. It used to be hard for me to gain weight and to eat 2500 calories a day when I was doing oly lifting. And today I just swallowed 2500 like it's nothing. Not cool, gotta track my food. It's kind of the only thing that works for me weightloss-wise, so gotta stick to whatever works! NOTED!

Also, no energy drinks today!
:v: No sugar [energy drink] challenge — day 7

PLANS FOR TOMORROW
I'm dropping my current Spartan program next week so I have time to finish my cross stitch commission and finish <Totals> till January 1st :cape:

By the way here I am with my Slytherin crest now. Only one colour left! Lesssgoooooo!!!
photo_2023-12-18_00-19-34.jpg

bloody dunmeri

DECEMBER 18th, 2023
Consecutive days of working out: 22

Well, I didn't wake up early as I wanted, but at least 1 hour before work. That felt nice, not gonna lie :dance:Just couldn't fall asleep for a couple of hours but it's fine, I'll get to it eventually since I don't wanna drink alcohol anymore.

:v: First thing push up challenge — day 15
:v: First thing water — day 15

TRAINING LOG
:v: Pull-up challenge — day 18
:v: Tricep dips — day 18
:v: 30 min walk for Daily walk challenge — day 22
:v: Fit December — day 18
:v: <Totals> — day 2
:v: <Totals> — day 4
Subed side jackknives for toe taps (using the no-equipment ab exercises chart). Not because I hate jackknives, but because I don't understand it.

Total calories burnt (according to my watch): 578
Step count: 5055

FOOD LOG
:v: Meal 1: 2 runny fried eggs with red onions and cherry tomatoes + a banana
:v: Meal 2: tofu + ramen noodles + some zucchini caviar (literally a zucchini spread; I think it's mostly a Post-Soviet thing and it's very delicious!)
:v: Meal 3: a watermelon-strawberry protein drink
:v: Before bed snack: a homemade casein protein pudding (mix together 30g of casein protein and 100ml of water, and you have a thick nice pudding-like substance) + a banana + 30g of peanut butter
:v: Beverages: 2 non-alcoholic beers, a glass of orange juice

Everything came out to be 1871 calories. Not bad!

No energy drinks today!
:v: No sugar [energy drink] challenge — day 8

PLANS FOR TOMORROW

Last edited:

bloody dunmeri

DECEMBER 19th, 2023
Consecutive days of working out: 23

Missed all my alarm clocks again because I fell asleep very late — everything was uncomfortable and couldn't keep my thoughts out of my head PLUS the woman dooms day coming pretty soon, so no wonder I can't sleep properly lol

Anyway, the morning challenges are done! AND I DID 5 FULL PUSH-UPS TODAY FOR THE CHALLENGE! Thinking about it makes me wanna cry of happiness :cape:

:v: First thing push up challenge — day 16
:v: First thing water — day 16

TRAINING LOG
:v: Pull-up challenge — day 19
:v: Tricep dips — day 19
:v: 30 min walk for Daily walk challenge — day 23
:v: Fit December — day 19
:v: <Totals> — day 5
:v: <Totals> — day 6

Total calories burnt (according to my watch): 668
Step count: 6295

FOOD LOG
I'm a little bit lazy today, so won't do an actual food log, but I didn't eat badly today. The only «bad» thing was a pack of crackers, haven't had them in a while.

No energy drinks today!
:v: No sugar [energy drink] challenge — day 9

PLANS FOR TOMORROW

Also, I finished the crest today! Now I can start 2 new projects :muahaha:
photo1702982408.jpeg

Last edited:

bloody dunmeri

Awesome! Great work! What will you do with it?
thank you thank you thank you!

it's a commission, so I'm going to sell it to someone who's gonna gift it to another person for New Year :ss: but I think it's my first and last commission, I'd rather stitch what I really really like and in my own pace!

bloody dunmeri

DECEMBER 19th, 2023
Consecutive days of working out: 24

OMG woke up at 9AM today. Had 2 free hours before work. That felt amazing! Gotta wake up earlier tho :butt:

:v: First thing push up challenge — day 17
:v: First thing water — day 17

TRAINING LOG
:v: Pull-up challenge — day 20
:v: Tricep dips — day 20
:v: 30 min walk for Daily walk challenge — day 24
:v: Fit December — day 20
:v: <Totals> — day 8
:v: <Totals> — day 9

Also, I tried for 6 full push-ups today AND GOT EMMMM!

Total calories burnt (according to my watch): 540
Step count: 5369

FOOD LOG
I had some ice cream and a sushi roll today. Oops :vsad: Also had an energy drink, so I won't cross out this day today, but its fine. I wasn't tempted to drink another one or have one tomorrow. Just had it and was done with it. I'm happy about this =) But I'm planning to have one on December 31st just as a small present for New Year, yay! CONTROL!!!

:x: No sugar [energy drink] challenge — day 10

PLANS FOR TOMORROW

OFF TOPIC
Ordered new cute green shorts and a lavender sports bra for New Year.

Feeling good :cool:

1703096788335.png

bloody dunmeri

There's another thing I want to log in today.

My goals for 2024

Exercises (in one go)Full chin-upsNegative tricep dipsFull push-upsBasic burpees
DAREBEE trainingProgramsChallenges
MeasurementsChestWaistHipsWeight
~95cm~73cm~106cm~65kg

I will test and measure everything on December 31st and see if I'll have to change my goals (looking at you burpees... I feel like I can already do 30 in one go).

With measurements it's more complicated tbh. Not sure what they are supposed to be, so I'll try to focus mostly on my weight. Also, we have a bet with my mum — she'll pay me good money when I lose my excessive weight (which is around 20kg) :LOL:

Was kind of inspired by @TopNotch's answer to @Veridigo's post here while writing my 2024 goals =) So thank you, guys!

bloody dunmeri

DECEMBER 21th, 2023
Consecutive days of working out: 25

:v: First thing push up challenge — day 18
:v: First thing water — day 18

TRAINING LOG
:v: Pull-up challenge — day 21
:v: Tricep dips — day 21
:v: 30 min walk for Daily walk challenge — day 25
:v: Fit December — day 21
:x: <Totals> — day 11
:x: <Totals> — day 12
I was too tired today so no <Totals>.

Total calories burnt (according to my watch): 412
Step count: 5110

FOOD LOG
:v: No sugar [energy drink] challenge — day 11

PLANS FOR TOMORROW

Last edited:

bloody dunmeri

DECEMBER 22th, 2023
Consecutive days of working out: 26

:v: First thing push up challenge — day 19
:v: First thing water — day 19

TRAINING LOG
:x: Pull-up challenge — day 21
:x: Tricep dips — day 21
:v: 20 min walk for Daily walk challenge — day 25
:v: Fit December — day 21 — hall pass
:x: <Totals> — day 11
:x: <Totals> — day 12
:v: ~10 min walk outside

Had a headache today (thanks, PMS!), so decided to just have a small walk. Still some exercise in!

Total calories burnt (according to my watch): 181
Step count: 3940

FOOD LOG
:v: No sugar [energy drink] challenge — day 12

PLANS FOR TOMORROW

bloody dunmeri

DECEMBER 23th, 2023
Consecutive days of working out: 26

I couldn't fall asleep so I just got up at 4AM and did some of my workout.

:v: First thing push up challenge — day 20
:v: First thing water — day 20

I also had an energy drink today, so no crossing out the day =(
:x: No sugar [energy drink] challenge — day 13

The only thing that makes me happy is that I ordered a new heavy assistance band for chin-ups and pull-ups! =)

TRAINING LOG
:v: Pull-up challenge — day 22 + day 23 (with half-way assisted chin-ups)
:v: Tricep dips — day 22 + day 23
:v: 30 min walk for Daily walk challenge — day 27
:v: Fit December — day 23
:v: Fit December — day 24 and day 26 (2 hall passes)
:x: <Totals> — day 11 and day 12

Total calories burnt (according to my watch): 573
Step count: 5087

PLANS FOR TOMORROW

Last edited:

bloody dunmeri

DECEMBER 24th, 2023
Consecutive days of working out: 27 (so close to a new badge!)

Slept for almost 10 hours straight this night and then took a nap at like 12PM, but felt okay and went to cut my hair. But by the time I had to workout I wasn't as energized so did around 2/3 of what I was planning. Aaaand it's fine, it's not a competition =)

:v: First thing push up challenge — day 21
:v: First thing water — day 21

No energy drink today!
:v: No sugar [energy drink] challenge — day 14

The new assistance band is good because I can do assisted chin-ups with it but only 3 reps. Also it's so wide and thick it was a whole workout in itself to put it on the pull up bar :D

TRAINING LOG
:v: Pull-up challenge — day 24
:v: Tricep dips — day 24
:v: 30 min walk outside for Daily walk challenge — day 27
:v: Fit December — day 27 and day 28
:v: <Totals> — half of day 13 and half of day 15
:v: 100 leftover jumping jacks from the snowfight

Total calories burnt (according to my watch): 563
Step count: 5205

PLANS FOR TOMORROW

OFF TOPIC

Here's my new hair! Ready to be bleached and dyed in a week or so =)

photo1703427148.jpeg

Last edited:

bloody dunmeri

DECEMBER 25th, 2023
Consecutive days of working out: 28

2 days and I have a new badge! CAN'T WAIT!

I was pretty productive today at work, also posted 2 stories to Instagram (haven't been there for a while) and also recorded a training vid and edited it. Now off to watching some trash TV with my friend =)

One thing tho: I feel so ashamed I gained 20kg since 2022. Looking at myself now and I'm terrified. Feels like I'll never lose that weight, and it makes me very sad =(

:v: First thing push up challenge — day 22
:v: First thing water — day 22

No energy drink today!
:v: No sugar [energy drink] challenge — day 15

TRAINING LOG
:v: Pull-up challenge — day 25
:v: Tricep dips — day 25
:v: 30 min walk for Daily walk challenge — day 28
:v: Fit December — day 25 and day 29 (subbed side jumping jacks to bouncing on the spot)
:x: Fit December — day 30 and day 31 (nope, just not today :D)
:v: <Totals> — half of day 13 and half of day 15

And the training video! I was so sweaty today that my headphones started to fall off which made me real mad :D Was also waiting till the beat of a son is right to start punching to it lol

All in all great workout today!

Total calories burnt (according to my watch): 685
Step count: 6558

PLANS FOR TOMORROW

bloody dunmeri

DECEMBER 26th, 2023
Consecutive days of working out: 29

Woke up at 6:30 today because of a nightmare. Procrastinated for 1.5 hours, ate a banana and did half of my workout with a 30 min walk. Then I had to work, worked out on my lunch break and did additional 30 min walk. Also went to the grocery store today to get some water. Pretty much how my whole day went :D

Oh, I also got back to a different fitness community where I'm a moderator at (over on Discord), so that's also good. And decided to come back on Instagram. I kinda want to document more of my renewed fitness journey on there. Now I'll film vertical vids so I don't have to edit vids twice, but I hope y'all won't be mad at me for that =)

:v: First thing push up challenge — day 23
:v: First thing water — day 23

No energy drink today!
:v: No sugar [energy drink] challenge — day 16

TRAINING LOG
:v: Pull-up challenge — day 26 (6 sets of 20 sit-ups with 30 sec rest is literal torture... I'm not doing sit-ups ever again after finishing this challenge :D)
:v: Tricep dips — day 26
:v: two 30 min walks for Daily walk challenge — day 29
:v: Fit December — 100% done! new seasonal badge! :completed:
:v: <Totals> — day 22 (so, I decided to test my basic burpees today for my 2024 goal and I can do 15 basic buprees with a jump in one go till my legs give out... I won't change my NY goal for these. 30 basic burpees in one go is a realistic goal and I can always try and achieve more, right? ;))
:x: <Totals> — day 12 (by the end of my 2nd workout I had no mood to do abs, so not today, Satan!)

Total calories burnt (according to my watch): 837
Step count: 8668

PLANS FOR TOMORROW

OFF TOPIC
I renewed my achievements. Got rid of the Dead Hang badge, as I did it a while back and will be redoing it in January. However, I added the 50 push-ups in one go one as I did do it in the past :D Let me feel better about myself! I could add Fighter's Codex to the badges as I also did it in the past but decided I'll redo it in February, so meh, not adding it yet.
1703612000119.png

Last edited:

MadamMeow

Fae from Central NJ
"I see my vision burn, I feel my memories fade with time, but Im too young to worry..."
Really great job, keep it up! I like you are re-earning ones you earned before.

Cheer Good Job GIF by EVIEWHY

bloody dunmeri

DECEMBER 27th, 2023
Consecutive days of working out: 30 :star:NEW BADGE!

Woke up feeling very weak (thanks, periods!) so did day 25 of First thing push-ups challenge — there are only 20 push-ups instead of 70 lol I'll make up for it tomorrow ;)

The workday was absolutely chaotic. Meeting after meeting, had to write some news and post it... Ugh, Can't wait till it's our 8 day paid state holiday starting on January 1st :D but to be honest I'll start working on January 3rd probably. Lot's of things planned and there's always no time :(

:v: First thing push up challenge — day 25
:v: First thing water — day 24

No energy drink today!
:v: No sugar [energy drink] challenge — day 17

TRAINING LOG
:v: Pull-up challenge — day 27
:v: Tricep dips — day 27
:v: 30 min walk for Daily walk challenge — day 30 NEW BADGE YAY!
:x: <Totals> — day 12, day 14, day 16 and day 18 (as I said I was too weak)
:v: <Totals> — day 19
:v: ~10 min walk to get some of my orders hehe (new hair dye included, so stay tuned :D)

Total calories burnt (according to my watch): 378
Step count: 4300

PLANS FOR TOMORROW

Last edited:

bloody dunmeri

DECEMBER 28th, 2023
Consecutive days of working out: 31

Workday was busy again and AGAIN I was kinda too weak to actually workout today. So I just had my everyday walk for 15 minutes plus went outside to grab water from a nearby grocery store.

Also, i didn't cook what I planned to cook today. Just now I'm boiling my chickpeas :D But my neighbors gave me a big piece of chocolate-black currant cake as it was their son's birthday yesterday — it was delish!

:v: First thing push up challenge — day 24
:v: First thing water — day 25

I had a white monster I planned to have on December 31st... Just couldn't wait, that's how much i love white monster. BY THE WAY, one can of monster has 1g of salt. INSANE! Was yesterday years old when I learned it =(
:x: No sugar [energy drink] challenge — day 18

TRAINING LOG
:x: Pull-up challenge — day 28
:x: Tricep dips — day 28
:v: 15 min walk for Daily walk challenge — day 1
:x: <Totals> — day 12, day 14, day 16 and day 18

Total calories burnt (according to my watch): 155
Step count: 2790

PLANS FOR TOMORROW

bloody dunmeri

DECEMBER 29th, 2023
Consecutive days of working out: 32

Easy day. Glad it's our Russian holiday season and I can relax for about 10 days with no work. Just training, cooking and cross stitching! Nothing else to say =)

:v: First thing push up challenge — day 26
:v: First thing water — day 26

:v: No sugar [energy drink] challenge — day 19

TRAINING LOG
:v: Pull-up challenge — day 28
:v: Tricep dips — day 28
:v: 30 min walk for Daily walk challenge — day 2
:v: <Totals> — day 12, day 14, day 16 and day 18

Total calories burnt (according to my watch): 486
Step count: 4230

I know that fitness bands and watches are not the most accurate things but they're a good guideline. Here's my December and 2023 wrap up.
Burnt almost 14000 calories in December 2023 and 101010 calories in 2023. More to come in 2024!
photo1703863188.jpegphoto1703863188 (1).jpeg

PLANS FOR TOMORROW

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Ha, I get it, thank you! I drank a few of those energy drinks in the last leg of preparing my Ph.D. thesis to finish power through. Then came the day for the rehearsal - basically defending my thesis before my own research group, with some more of the team filing in for additional trap questions. Thing is, I decided to stop the energy drink the day before...
I was able to do my presentation, all right. Answer the first questions, all right. And then, no more Wolvie. They'd ask their questions, and I'd, just .... couldn't any more. Blank stare, "I don't ... get .... your ... questions"... They had to drive me back home, a friend driving back my car to my house, I was so out of it. Silly wolf! Luckily it was just the rehearsal!

bloody dunmeri

Ha, I get it, thank you! I drank a few of those energy drinks in the last leg of preparing my Ph.D. thesis to finish power through. Then came the day for the rehearsal - basically defending my thesis before my own research group, with some more of the team filing in for additional trap questions. Thing is, I decided to stop the energy drink the day before...
I was able to do my presentation, all right. Answer the first questions, all right. And then, no more Wolvie. They'd ask their questions, and I'd, just .... couldn't any more. Blank stare, "I don't ... get .... your ... questions"... They had to drive me back home, a friend driving back my car to my house, I was so out of it. Silly wolf! Luckily it was just the rehearsal!
oh my I went through similar experience haha hope the actual Ph.D thesis day went good :D

bloody dunmeri

Thank you @bloody dunmeri , makes me feel less silly - those things can be powerful ! (especially since I generally limit coffee). Ph.D day was ... epic (I think it very often is? One of the juree "has" to be devil advocate, so to speak, and mine definitly played that part!), but very successful.
I don't have a PhD, just a Bachelor's in history, but ooh yeah those devils were there for me too :D Glad that day went great for you! What's your PhD, btw?

bloody dunmeri

History is fascinating :) You'll have to tell us what your favorite period(s) is. My speciality is in mathematics applied to drug development (I am also a pharm.D.)
wow your PhD is cool, not gonna lie!

history IS cool! always loved it and wanted to become an archaeologist :D my favourite period is probably the time in-between WW1 and WW2 and WW2 itself, from the side of Japan mostly. it was interesting to learn the Japanese side and also how the interment camps for Japanese people in the US worked :cool:

bloody dunmeri

Hey everyone! Today we have two posts, and this 1st one is about change of plans. I'm thinking of dedicating 2024 to [mostly] doing DAREBEE programs and challenges. I might change my mind but now that's what I want to do because I'm greedy and want all the DAREBEE badges in the world :LOL: Whatever motivates me to work out, am I right? :cool:
January:
Burpee challenge. I absolutely despise burpees. That's why I want to step out of my comfort zone and actually start doing them. «Before breakfast burpees!» sounds insane fun!

Daily Walk challenge. I'm already doing this challenge but I will be redoing it throughout 2024 as I want to get into a habit of walking 30 minutes every day. If I would go to my old gym that's exactly how long it would take me to get there and back home. That being said, simulation of going to the gym will be good for me for extra calorie burn :cheeky:

Dead Hang challenge. Even though I'm currently doing the Pull up challenge with negative chin-ups I figured I have to go back to the basics and start fresh with a simpler exercise to build my strength up (according to this guide the dead hang is the place to start before a pull-up).

Better arms challenge. Throwing this one in just to continue doing leg-assisted tricep dips. And no one is going to get harmed by some punches thrown :muahaha:

30 days of LIIT. I kinda want to get into more HIIT stuff, but I'm not ready for heavy-ish HIITs yet. So LIIT will help me burn them calories. Level III for the win!

Military Fit. Ooh, this is just an absolute dare for me, but I've been eyeing it for a veeeeery long time. There's a ton of push-ups, but even though currently I can't do full push-ups or some of their alternatives such as raised-leg push-ups, I still wanna do this program and claim it. The program is intense, but I'm determined to survive Level I.

The plan is to do the challenges and LIIT before breakfast/in the morning. Military Fit and walking are for my lunch break that I use as the time to «actually» workout. We shall see how it goes. I probably won't finish <Totals> till January, so will have to throw it in here and there (but I'll try my best to finish it till January :butt:).

Of course, there's also the Only Homemade 30 challenge there because I want to spend less money on food and start eating healthier. But I'm reserving my right to consume protein drinks and casein protein and drink some sugar-free soda. If there's no balance —and I think it is balance to eat all homemade and let yourself have some cola zero here and there — it's no fun! And the protein things I mentioned — well, I need to get enough of it, so gotta supplement.
Here I am making more changes for 2024 and January in particular =)

What I plan for January 2024:

Mornings:
  • Power Hold challenge — I will do full push-ups here, just to progress with them :)
  • Burpee challenge — I hate burpees, so have to do more of them to start liking them, in their basic form :D actual CHALLENGE for me!
  • Dead Hang challenge — gotta built up for my full chin-ups and pull-ups ;)
  • Better arms challenge — who doesn't want better arms? also a way for me to use my dip bars and punch the heck out of the air around me
  • Daily push-ups — wall push-ups for this one. more volume is good for me :)
  • 60 days of HIIT program — morning cardio! yes to Level III!
Days/Evenings:
  • Military Fit program — here's where the struggle begins... but gotta survive Level I
  • Daily Walk challenge — simulation of going to the gym and get back home
Food/well-being:
  • Only homemade 30 — I have to eat healthier and I long for homemade food. Let's make the best of this challenge!
  • Hug challenge — I need to give myself more love, so that's a way to do so :)
  • No sugar challenge — there's a lot of sugar in my diet; only homemade + no sugar = great! :)

Last edited: