60 Days of Walking - Day 38/60
Power HIIT - Day 9/30 Level I
Core Strength - Day 9/30 Level I

Challenges:
1 Minute Meditation - Day 9/30
De-Stress - Day 9/30
Core Control - Day 9/30
Better Legs - Day 9/30

Everything is back to normal. No issues with my health at all. And nothing worth mentioning, has happened. A very uneventful day. Although it was a beautiful day outside, I did my walking indoors.

Tomorrow, we will have severe power failures. 6 - 8:30 AM and 12 - 16:30 PM and more in the evening too. I normally eat my last meal at 16 PM, and I have run out of healthy food options. I like quick, easy dinners lately. Today, I ate a roll with egg, cheese and baby spinach. I try to avoid bread ... but gosh, I am just too tired to constantly check the power failure schedules and plan my day around it. I miss having a normal day, where I can do things in the order I like doing them.

I still enjoy Power HIIT and Core Strength ... I am not sure why I wanted to avoid these 2 programs before.

Nightg0ddess

Barbarian Posts: 362
Day 10: Wednesday, 10 May 2023

Consecutive days of exercise:
71 Days

Programs:
60 Days of Walking - Day 39/60
Power HIIT - Day 10/30 Level IIII
Core Strength - Day 10/30 Level III

Challenges:
1 Minute Meditation - Day 10/30
De-Stress - Day 10/30
Core Control - Day 10/30
Better Legs - Day 10/30

Day 11: Thursday, 11 May 2023

72 Days

Programs:
60 Days of Walking - Day 40/60
Power HIIT - Day 11/30 Level I
Core Strength - Day 11/30 Level I

Challenges:
1 Minute Meditation - Day 11/30
De-Stress - Day 11/30
Core Control - Day 11/30
Better Legs - Day 11/30

It has been raining this morning. Extended power failures, so more time to finish walking and exercises. Yesterday, I really enjoyed Power HIIT and Core Strength. Today, I liked 60 Days of Walking more, because of the additional exercises (Pt. II - Knee-2-Elbows and Back Leg Raises). I did my walking indoors because of the weather.

I might do additional exercises after 20 PM tonight, because we have a power failure from 20 PM to after midnight. I want to pile up some books and series for winter days/nights... so I have nothing to do tonight. For some reason box exercises, and testing out old exercise-gadgets will be nice to try again. I have been eyeing an ab exercise wheel ... but I don't know if those are a waste of money. They seem too much hard plastic and not made to last. I can rather use that money to invest in a decent 16kg cast iron kettlebell later this year.

I have to post quickly .... power failure within 4 minutes. Give or take. I still want to boil a kettle of water. Made some soup for lunch/dinner, and sweet potatoes.

Nightg0ddess

Day 12: Friday, 12 May 2023

73 Days

Programs:
60 Days of Walking - Day 41/60
Power HIIT - Day 12/30 Level III
Core Strength - Day 12/30 Level III

Challenges:
1 Minute Meditation - Day 12/30
De-Stress - Day 12/30
Core Control - Day 12/30
Better Legs - Day 12/30

Today was alright. Extremely windy. Very strong gusts. So I did my exercises indoors. Briefly went outside, and it was hard to walk during that spesific time.

My exercises went smoothly. Walking on a machine, and Core Strength was only flutter kicks and windshield wipers. (Oh, when I copied the above info of my exercises I noticed I didn't fix my Program levels for Thursday. I actually did them on level III, but didn't change it). I still enjoy the combination of these programs and challenges together.

I am looking forward to tomorrow. I have some big plans ... if all goes well. Will be going for a nice walk/hike with some doggies on a large farm / animal sanctuary. (I hope!!!!!)
:cantwait:

Nightg0ddess

Day 13: Saturday, 13 May 2023

74 Days

Programs:
60 Days of Walking - Day 42/60
Power HIIT - Day 13/30 Level III
Core Strength - Day 13/30 Level III

Challenges:
1 Minute Meditation - Day 13/30
De-Stress - Day 13/30
Core Control - Day 13/30
Better Legs - Day 13/30

I got up early today, and did my HIIT, Core programs, and my challenges. Then left very early for a shop and the the animal rescue which open at 10am.

But yeah ... my dad had other ideas for the day. He changed it at his will. My mom was a little angry since we had plans ... but yeah... that was it. We had no choice. The day was about my me and my mom, taking the dogs for walks. But ended up being about my dad treating my mom. I reluctantly had to go with the new plan since we took my dads car. Sigh. I did walk along the beach for my 90 minutes walk - while my dad took my mom to a restaurant for breakfast/lunch ... I felt I would rather walk and let them enjoy it. Only got to the animal rescue way later, around 1PM.

I had some blankets, a poop scoop (LOL - the one man working there seemed eager to take this!! HAHAHA) and gave a small donation, and then walked through the kennels, a cattery (only around 7 cats which I could find - since 4 of them was super shy). They even had pigs, lamas, chickens, turkey and so on. There was about 200 dogs. Mostly larger dogs - since they are the size that is probably least in demand. Most apartments, and houses you rent allow dogs up to 30cm high - these dogs were mostly middle to large size and some was much older too. But there was not a single "ugly" dog ... every single dog was beautiful, and adorable. The kennels and areas the dogs were kept was spotless clean. No poop, nothing. I have to praise them for this. The dogs were eager to lick fingers, and turn for head, and back and belly scratches. I found at least 5 dogs that I didn't want to leave!!! Super loving. This was the first time where I didn't feel "sad" at a dog shelter/rescue. The dogs was in super good condition. Healthy, clean and lively. They looked happy. No skinny dogs. I only saw one dog wearing a cone of shame. Maybe he had an operation .... I didn't go to him, since I couldn't get to all the dogs in the short time. They closed at 15PM.

I know this dog sanctuary .... or they call themselves a rescue, have had a rough year. Covid, then all these power failures. People give less donations. A while back they only had 5 days of dog food left, then 3 days. They go through 180kg of kibble a day! I've been at around 12 pet sanctuaries/kennels/rescues and places the last few years, but this place is the place closest to my heart. I feel the women who founded this place need a special mention. As well as their staff. You can see they love the animals.

Fallen Angels Pet Rescue. Facebook. Instagram. And a link for food donations.
Any animal that is Forgotten, Abandoned, Lost, Lonely, Emaciated or Neglected is a FALLEN Angel.

(Sorry, I am not someone who like begging .... but I feel I will just add this because of the magnificent job this place does. Once I am in a better position myself, I will want to volunteer there, or adopt a few dogs. Since the area they are situated at, is closer to the area I want to move to within the next 3 to 5 years! I can't give them much now, but this is the place I would spend my money at ... I will give up more Netflix subscriptions for the whole year, if I have to! Live with the bare minimum to support them a little. And I plan to go there at least once a month from now on.... without my dad!!! LOL)

I really wanted a few cats ... but dogs are super cool!! What will I pick one day!? Apartment with 2 cats. Apartment with 2 small dogs, Or a house with at least 2-4 larger dogs. Gosh....
:wants:

4 June they have a market day at the rescue ... and I will go again. Rain or not! (since it will be winter)

Nightg0ddess

Day 14: Sunday, 14 May 2023

75 Days

Programs:
60 Days of Walking - Day 43/60
Power HIIT - Day 14/30 Level III
Core Strength - Day 14/30 Level III

Challenges:
1 Minute Meditation - Day 14/30
De-Stress - Day 14/30
Core Control - Day 14/30
Better Legs - Day 14/30

Well, today I stayed home. Too many power failures, and a looooOOONG one happening within an hour from now .... 18 PM until 22:30 PM tonight. Sigh. I have so much to still do with this precious few minutes I have left with electricity!!!

I did my exercises earlier. Walked outdoors today, since it was a really pleasant day. My feet felt a little tired. Like the bottom of my feet. I didn't have any issues with any of the programs. I did feel a little lazy today. And it was harder to start my exercises. Otherwise all went well, and everything is good!!

Update: the animal sanctuary last night posted that they have 5000kg of food now (which is roughly a month's worth of food for the dogs)!!
:hoppy:

Nightg0ddess

Day 15: Monday, 15 May 2023

76 Days

Programs:
60 Days of Walking - Day 44/60
Power HIIT - Day 15/30 Level III
Core Strength - Day 15/30 Level III

Challenges:
1 Minute Meditation - Day 15/30
De-Stress - Day 15/30
Core Control - Day 15/30
Better Legs - Day 15/30

Day 16: Tuesday, 16 May 2023

77 Days

Programs:
60 Days of Walking - Day 45/60
Power HIIT - Day 16/30 Level III
Core Strength - Day 16/30 Level III

Challenges:
1 Minute Meditation - Day 16/30
De-Stress - Day 16/30
Core Control - Day 16/30
Better Legs - Day 16/30

I had some trouble getting up yesterday, and maybe a little this morning too. Cooler mornings, and I took a long time to fall asleep last night. I felt lazy on both days to do my walking. But I did pull through. Today was even harder to start. The other exercises went well. No issues, except slightly sore feet, but nothing to get worried about.

Besides the power failures, they just sent me a text to warn they are working on my internet line. It might go off soon. Double joy! Within 80 minutes there is a power failure of over 2 hours, so yeah, it can't get any worse, can it? I will take a shower in candle light ... as long as I don't slip and fall, nothing else can go wrong!?
:facepalm:
I hope there will be water .....
:muahaha:

Nightg0ddess

Day 17 - 19 : Wednesday - Friday, 17 - 19 May 2023

80 Days

Programs:
60 Days of Walking - Day 46, 47, 48/60
Power HIIT - Day 17 - 19/30 Level III
Core Strength - Day 17 - 19/30 Level III

Challenges:
1 Minute Meditation - Day 16 - 19/30
De-Stress - Day 17 - 19/30
Core Control - Day 17 -19/30
Better Legs - Day 17 - 19/30

Today is the first day without a power failure between noon to midnight ... so I feel a little awkward having some extra time with electricity!

I had no issues this week. I did my exercises slightly later, since the mornings was very cold this week. This morning it was 6C when I woke up ... and I didn't quite feel like getting out of bed early to do my meditation and De-stressed, and so on. So I did it later. I still have tired feet. I can't wait for the month to end! So I can rest my feet a little. I did my walking indoors since Wednesday.

Nightg0ddess

Day 20: Saturday, 20 May 2023

81 Days

Programs:
60 Days of Walking - Day 49/60
Power HIIT - Day 20/30 Level III
Core Strength - Day 20/30 Level III

Challenges:
1 Minute Meditation - Day 20/30
De-Stress - Day 20/30
Core Control - Day 20/30
Better Legs - Day 20/30

Day 21: Sunday, 21 May 2023

82 Days

Programs:
60 Days of Walking - Day 50/60
Power HIIT - Day 21/30 Level III
Core Strength - Day 21/30 Level III

Challenges:
1 Minute Meditation - Day 21/30
De-Stress - Day 21/30
Core Control - Day 21/30
Better Legs - Day 21/30

I've done all my walking indoors on a machine. Although I yesterday, went out for the day, and walked REALLY far, and long. My feet is still sore and sensitive and recovering. They are okay. No blisters... just feel sensitive when I walk, although I didn't have any issues.

Power HIIT and Core Strength went fine. Yesterday, Core Strength was harder due to the plank. And Power HIIT was harder this morning due to the Split Lunges and Press.

All went fine.
:move:

Nightg0ddess

Day 22 - 24: Monday to Wednesday, 22 - 24 May 2023

85 Days

Programs:
60 Days of Walking - Day 51 , 52, 53/60
Power HIIT - Day 22 - 24/30 Level III
Core Strength - Day 22 - 24/30 Level III

Challenges:
1 Minute Meditation - Day 22 - 24/30
De-Stress - Day 22 - 24/30
Core Control - Day 22 - 24/30
Better Legs - Day 22 - 24/30

I don't know how I feel about this week. I can't say I feel happy nor sad ... but so much is going wrong .........

• Yesterday, there was no water for nearly 9 hours - a pipe burst 3 roads away from here.
  • For the first time in 25 years I am menstruating again (after stopping Depo Provera last year) FML
  • I have lower back pain, belly pain but I feel fine now. It isn't really pain ... more discomfort.
  • There will be 4 power failures tomorrow.
  • My walking shoes broke - they still look and felt great, but there is a small puncture hole under the one shoe. WTF!? How!?
  • I ate too much junk today (dad's birthday). Yeah, I made the snacks and treats. Cupcakes with Nutella and other stuff on top!
  • I am running out of data again ... and can't afford to buy more for the month. (due to the power failures)
There is more... but yeah, that is just some of the things that happened.

Despite all of the above I feel .... "neutral" right now. Euthymic?

I did come far with my exercises. Despite EVERYTHING going wrong (and a little right inbetween) I am still going strong. I had no issues doing my exercises. No issues while exercising. Did all my walking indoors - 100% rain expected tomorrow, so most likely I will do all my walking indoors for the rest of the week too. And I have back-up walking shoes.

During May I noticed I don't get pins and needles anymore. For a while I kept getting it. I am not sure why that happened. Also, it has been getting really cold here - and I haven't had Sciatica pain. Normally with really cold weather it would flare up - but it happened once or twice earlier this month, but now with the REALLY cold night temperatures, I never had an issue again. Which is a great relief!! I also for a while kept getting side stitch AFTER exercising ... which is weird! I can't really say which exercises caused it - it came randomly after any exercises. Don't you get side stich DURING exercising?! LOL ... but yes, whatever that was, it passed too. (I might never find an explanation for the side stitch pain!).

What a week so far ... it is not even half way!
:sadness:

Nightg0ddess

@Tileenah Thank you!

Day 25: Thursday, 25 May 2023

86 Days

Programs:
60 Days of Walking - Day 54/60
Power HIIT - Day 25/30 Level III
Core Strength - Day 25/30 Level I

Challenges:
1 Minute Meditation - Day 25/30
De-Stress - Day 25/30
Core Control - Day 25/30
Better Legs - Day 25/30

For some reason I didn't enjoy Core Strength today. Planks ... plank rotations, plank hold, side plank hold, plank leg raises. I just felt out of my comfort zone for the first time doing this program! I did this program last, and ended with doing 3 sets (level I). Everything else went fine. No issues. It is one of those weird moments when you just have to laugh since it seems so bizarre to suddenly dislike an exercise out of the blue. It could be because of the cold weather and my body that seems to stay cold. I don't have any aches or pains or any issues. I am simply just shivering the whole day - despite all my efforts to warm up. My planks was really a disgrace today. Fortunately, only I saw witnessed this sad sight!

The printer broke again. The print jobs, despite all my efforts, won't respond, delete, reprint.... its just hanging. And there is no money for a new printer right now. I just decided to switch it off for today - let is simmer and idle and ponder and do whatever it wants to do in off mode. And I will deal with that tomorrow morning.

Nightg0ddess

Day 26: Friday, 26 May 2023

87 Days

Programs:
60 Days of Walking - Day 55/60
Power HIIT - Day 26/30 Level III
Core Strength - Day 26/30 Level III

Challenges:
1 Minute Meditation - Day 26/30
De-Stress - Day 26/30
Core Control - Day 26/30
Better Legs - Day 26/30

The walking was today the hardest, indoors. It felt super long. But I survived! Core Strength was fine. I suppose: different day, different mood! I have nothing against Core Strength ... I suppose it was only my mood or that time of the month. LOL I still like my core exercises.
:love:

It was very cold today. And it will be a very cold night too. 6C which is cold for my city. I still prefer winter to summer. I don't have any issues exercising in cold weather - although the walking indoors is harder on my feet. The machine I use seems to give me blisters easier, than walking outdoors. Although the socks I have been wearing hasn't yet let me down during 60 Days of Walking. My feet wasn't sore today.

I actually miss the Yoga programs, and even Unbound!!! I might incorporate one of them next month.

Nightg0ddess

Day 27: Saturday, 27 May 2023

88 Days

Programs:
60 Days of Walking - Day 56/60
Power HIIT - Day 27/30 Level III
Core Strength - Day 27/30 Level III

Challenges:
1 Minute Meditation - Day 27/30
De-Stress - Day 27/30
Core Control - Day 27/30
Better Legs - Day 27/30

Day 28: Sunday, 28 May 2023

89 Days

Programs:
60 Days of Walking - Day 57/60
Power HIIT - Day 28/30 Level III
Core Strength - Day 28/30 Level III

Challenges:
1 Minute Meditation - Day 28/30
De-Stress - Day 28/30
Core Control - Day 28/30
Better Legs - Day 28/30

Yesterday, was a strange day again. I cried over a Hornworm Moth. LOL It was briefly, and why I cried, I don't know. I just shed a few tears, felt so sorry for the big assed moth sitting on my finger. It looked adorable. But little catatonic. This morning he was still sitting on a branch where I left him, and when I picked him up, he did climb on my finger, but a little later fell off on his back. Shaking his legs in the air a little bit, then became unresponsive. I didn't cry over his death this morning .... but yesterday I cried when he was alive! Mmmh.
:imp:

20230527_103845_30.jpg20230527_150213_30.jpg

Everything else went fine. Nothing else happened. I did my walking indoors - was a looooOOOOng one yesterday - 90 minutes. And 60 minutes of Walking today. No issues with Core Strength, still LOVE Power HIIT. The challenges was straight forward as every other day. No feet or toe or knee issues. I feel 100% healthy (except for having a few brief tears yesterday ... although I doubt it was really about the moth LOL).

I noticed a new program ... ZEN ....

Happy Fun GIF

Nightg0ddess

@SkorpionUK Thank you for the kind words! I am so close to the month end, so quitting isn't an option now!

Day 29: Monday, 29 May 2023

90 Days

Programs:
60 Days of Walking - Day 58/60
Power HIIT - Day 29/30 Level III
Core Strength - Day 29/30 Level III

Challenges:
1 Minute Meditation - Day 29/30
De-Stress - Day 29/30
Core Control - Day 29/30
Better Legs - Day 29/30

Its been super cold today. It was hard to start my exercises - not because I didn't want to, simply because I was shivering a lot!! Yet, I love cold weather ... so I am in a good mood. When it is cold outside, the inside of the house is a similar temperature. It is now 15C inside the house. There is constant thunder in the distance, there was a strong wind earlier ... but no rain yet. The exercises went okay. 45 minutes of walking indoors.

I might be hearing a few raindrops falling right now....

Nightg0ddess

Day 30: Tuesday, 30 May 2023

91 Days

Programs:
60 Days of Walking - Day 59/60
Power HIIT - Day 30/30 Level III
Core Strength - Day 30/30 Level III

Challenges:
1 Minute Meditation - Day 30/30
De-Stress - Day 30/30
Core Control - Day 30/30
Better Legs - Day 30/30

:super:

The 150 back leg raises (Better legs), 700 side leg raises (Core Control + Core Strength combined), 45 minutes walking ... yeah .... it was good. I convinced myself the WHOLE month not to complain about the Challenges. And I think I didn't. Today, I DO want to complain and shed 2 tears ... because it was quite a month. I only have 1 day left of 60 Days of Walking. But I am already so happy the worse is over. Haha.

Don't get me wrong. I did love the programs, and challenges.

Power HIIT was the best! One of my favourites. I loved it. Core Strength was fine ... I got bored with the program, but it was maybe because I took on Core Control and Better legs ... which maybe made Core Strength too much for me. The challenges was straight forward. Core Control got much harder. But Better Legs was more gradual. De-stress was fun, since it was 100 punches daily! Easy, and straight forward. 1 Minute mediation was just .... sitting for a minute. But REALLY clearing my mind, was great.

I do feel tired and slightly drained after this month's programs/challenges. I didn't expect it to be so much. I probably played it down often, to convince myself I will get through the month without quitting. And it was REALLY hard some mornings to get up in the freezing weather, and to do the exercises and walk too.

I will finish 60 Days of Walking early tomorrow morning. I feel extreme relief.

Nightg0ddess

Thank you @Tileenah @Wiaaam

Day 31: Wednesday, 31 May 2023

92 Days

Programs:
60 Days of Walking - Day 60/60

:dancy:
Relief. That is all that comes to mind. I have nothing against this program. It was just super long for me personally. And doing this indoors on a machine was harder on my feet, than I would have done this outdoors in a warmer month. But I have finished it. No matter how. It is done!

I will not to do more exercises today. I will just relax the rest of the day, and decide what to do tomorrow.

Nightg0ddess

Thank you @Fremen @Tileenah @HellYeah @Froud @TheLibrarian @BetaCorvi

Day 1: Thursday, 1 June 2023

93 Days

Programs:
Zen - Day 1/30
Arms of Steel - Chair Edition - Day 1/30
Shadebound - Day 1/30

Day 2: Friday, 2 June 2023

93 Days

Programs:
Zen - Day 2/30
Arms of Steel - Chair Edition - Day 2/30
Shadebound - Day 2/30 - level I

I decided on Zen - after waking up. Then do AoS (chair Edition) and Shadebound a little later together.

Day 1 was fine. I had some minor lower back pain, but no issues. But today, my lower back pain was quite intense. I won't say I had pain consistantly. It was more when I was standing for too long, or when I exercised when it felt worse. I only managed to do 3 sets, and my back didn't allow me to do more. I was a little bit disappointed. Hopefully it will pass as fast as it started.

I am quite excited about Zen and Shadebound. AoS (chair Edi) I actually decided to do as a sort of add-on. It just hits that sweet spot to do some arm exercises too.

There is another power failure again. I still have a lot to do within the precious 30 minutes I have left. It is getting dark very fast. Very windy, cold at the moment, and going to be a wet and cold weekend.

Nightg0ddess

I'm having difficulties with my internet ... and power failures. Always the one or the other. Sigh.

Day 3: Saturday, 3 June 2023 - Day 6: Tuesday, 6 June 2023

94 - 97 Days

Programs:
Zen - Day 3 - 6/30
Arms of Steel - Chair Edition - Day 3 - 6/30
Shadebound - Day 3 - 6/30

I really enjoy Shadebound and Zen so far. Actually even AoS. I still enjoy them together, and the duration of them combined isn't as overwhelming as last month.

The funny thing is, that despite doing less exercises this month, I feel "worse"! Which is just hilarious to be honest. I have nosebleeds, sore back and stomach ache daily. I think asprin or paracetamol which I took for the back pain caused the nosebleeds. And the back pain simply isn't going away. I got a new matress and bed base last year, so I know it isn't my bed. I eat bland foods, cut out some foods. I tried additional exercises and stretches and yoga and so on for back pain relief, which didn't help much, but sometimes temporarily for a short while. I have no other issues. The weather has been cold. This morning I woke up and it was 3C. I didn't even feel that cold, but I do make an effort to stay warm. I really just wish this back pain would go away already.

I saw that big black bird again, with his mate. I am still not sure if it is a hawk or eagle. It seems much smaller than an eagle. I assumed it was a younger bird, but its mate is the same size. So, it might be fully grown. Its pitch black with no markings which I could see. Looks exactly like the Verraux Eagle (its head/face/beak/eyes) but its body is smaller - same size as Pied crow. Maybe the sound it makes is more of that of a hawk too. It is bothering me so much which bird this is. I can never get a clear picture of it.

Nightg0ddess

Day 7: Wednesday, 7 June 2023

98 Days

Programs:
Zen - Day 7/30
Arms of Steel - Chair Edition - Day 7/30
Shadebound - Day 7/30

Day 8: Thursday, 8 June 2023

99 Days

Programs:
Zen - Day 8/30
Arms of Steel - Chair Edition - Day 8/30
Shadebound - Day 8/30

Day 9: Friday, 9June 2023

100 Days

Programs:
Zen - Day 9/30
Arms of Steel - Chair Edition - Day 9/30
Shadebound - Day 9/30

Well, I had almost no pain on Wednesday and Thursday. Today, I got the stomach pain again. I realized today the issue is related to stopping Depo Provera ... so I am not concerned about the aches and pains anymore. I now realize my body will feel "foreign" to me for a few months probably. Hopefully, I will be fine within 3 months. I decided - no pain killers, no medication, I will just let my body adapt and figure it out on its own. I should be experiencing some side effects coming off Depo.... but so far not the common ones other women experienced. Mine seems to have very odd ones. Haha. But at least I feel a bit more relaxed realizing my aches and pains are normal!
:hophop:

I didn't have issues with my exercises. Day 7 of Shadebound was the hardest. Climbers, Up and Down Planks was quite brutal.

The electricity is supposed to go off any moment....... Sigh. Hello Darkness my old friend.

All Souls Day Dope GIF

Nightg0ddess

Day 10: Saturday, 10 June 2023

101 Days

Programs:
Zen - Day 10/30
Arms of Steel - Chair Edition - Day 10/30
Shadebound - Day 10/30

I did my exercises early today. I woke up, did my 15 minutes meditation. Decided to do AoS right after it, since I was just feeling I had the energy, although my stomach was aching quite a bit. The arm exercises didn't make me feel worse nor better. I was just trying to ignore the discomfort. I then dreaded to see what Shadebound held. I was in fear for climbers or anything ab or core related. To my biggest relief it was recovery and meditation.
:bigsmile:
It felt like I cheated today!

I doubt I will do any other exercises for the rest of the day.

Nightg0ddess

Thank you
@Tileenah @aku-chan @Fremen

If it wasn't for the easier routine this month, that streak would have been lost, to be very honest!!!

Day 11: Sunday, 11 June 2023

102 Days

Programs:
Zen - Day 11/30
Arms of Steel - Chair Edition - Day 11/30
Shadebound - Day 11/30

Shadebound had some kicks and punches and backfists and double turning kicks.... all those movements. Very uncomfortable this time of the month. I am sure my form was completely wrong, but I tried my best. I felt okay today. I am finally getting used to these stomach cramps. (10 days after the previous cramps stopped. Sigh. Apparently this is normal under my circumstances.) Wait... they call this "dysmenorrhoea". What a horrible name for something so common.

I actually missed walking today. The rain will start within 3 or 4 hours, and it might continue for a few days again. I really love this winter weather. It is very cold, early this year. Normally we experience the weather we had in May and now in June, only in July and August. So I am curious if it will be a shorter winter, longer summer. Or will it be a longer winter? I would love a longer winter, but then again, in summer I can do more exercises outdoors. So at the end of the day I don't really care which one it will be. I will make the most of whatever comes my way!

Today, I will sit under my blanket and watch the rest of "Star Trek - Picard".

Nightg0ddess

Thank you @Froud

Day 12: Monday, 12 June 2023

103 Days

Programs:
Zen - Day 12/30
Arms of Steel - Chair Edition - Day 12/30
Shadebound - Day 12/30

Day 13: Tuesday, 13 June 2023

104 Days

Programs:
Zen - Day 13/30
Arms of Steel - Chair Edition - Day 13/30
Shadebound - Day 13/30

Day 14: Wednesday, 14 June 2023

105 Days

Programs:
Zen - Day 14/30
Arms of Steel - Chair Edition - Day 14/30
Shadebound - Day 14/30

Time is flying by so quickly lately. Things is more calm again. Little less stress, little less fear at night (although the winter holiday is coming up, where crime will thrive at night again!!), and I haven't had issues with my exercises nor health. Last night I woke up a couple of times, but immediately would fall asleep again. The wind was super strong, and at times so bad that it sounded like the bedroom window would break! This morning I saw a couple of trees which fell over. Rubbish bins in the streets (they were collected Monday & Tuesday, but some was left outside because of the rain). It was quite bad. We had no damage at our own house - a few garden items which fell over, or moved ... but nothing broken. Even our lemons is still hanging on the flimsy tree!!
:bigsmile:

A next cold front is on its way within the next few hours. I don't know what to expect from this weather the next week. Seems like it might rain daily. My mom's friend's son (LOL) is in Manchester, UK, this week for another bodybuilding competition. He flew from Cape Town to Doha (Qatar) to London. The temperatures was 13C, 43C and 26C ... his body must be in such shock! Haha I know I would be if I suddenly feel heat!!

I assumed I would do more exercises during winter. It is odd that I am doing so little in this cold. I want to do more. But for some reason I just don't. I am already wondering what I will do next month. There is only the really hard programs left for me to do. But idk what to really do after this month. I would like to add dumbbells or a kettlebell again.

Nightg0ddess

Day 15: Thursday, 15 June 2023

106 Days

Programs:
Zen - Day 15/30
Arms of Steel - Chair Edition - Day 15/30
Shadebound - Day 15/30

I have had the lower belly pain again. It isn't as sore as it is annoying! I wish my body will just adapt with these changes already. I had no issues with my exercises. I still love Shadebound. It was mostly leg exercises. I assume I will be alright again by the weekend ... or so I hope. Then I want to do something like 100 burpees or just something crazy. I feel somewhat frustrated with my progress, which seems to be going backwards. Tonight I miss my crazy gadgets and dumbbells, kettlebell, jumprope, different types of bands and all of those things. I might add something extra tomorrow already. My programs is perfect ... but I just feel I can do something a little harder.

Nightg0ddess

Day 16: Friday, 16 June 2023

107 Days

Programs:
Zen - Day 16/30
Arms of Steel - Chair Edition - Day 16/30
Shadebound - Day 16/30

Day 17: Saturday, 17 June 2023

108 Days

Programs:
Zen - Day 17/30
Arms of Steel - Chair Edition - Day 17/30
Shadebound - Day 17/30

I will post today's exercises a little later ... since, well, I still have to do Shadebound. :tap: I got up a little late today. Fell a little behind on everything I wanted to do this morning.

All has been going well as it can go. I struggle to get up in the mornings in the cold weather. There was a lot of flooding in my city and in a very wide area around me. In my own area, we haven't been so affected except for a few trees that fell over. Nothing major unlike the devastation in other parts of the city. I still don't want to go outside in the mud. Although I saw the squirrel briefly this morning by our sliding door. When I called for her, she already left. I guess she will know where she burried her almonds if the need for them should arise! Her tail looked thick and full for the winter. Her summer tail was really thin! I am glad she is okay ... with all the hawks (eagle?) and Pied crows around us.

Today I am making pulled pork, potatoes and carrots for my dad. I also made him homemade truffels for father's day. Since he is diabetic, and he still want to eat chocolates and sweets, I decided date balls/truffels is probably a better option. I made 2 flavours. One plain with nuts in it. And the other has orange peel and flavour. My dad loves it. It is difficult to make food for him, he loves his old fashioned way of cooking with masses of fat, butter, meat, oil, salt and sugar. So the new approach is to slowly cut down on all ... gradually make them less and less, without him suspecting a thing. My mom gave up on helping him - especially over weekends. She might cook healthier during the week. But I am still trying. Although it is frustrating, I have to try. Just a small change. With the pork, I used water and fresh orange juice. I have no idea if fresh orange juice will not do the same job as boxed (sweet) orange juice. But at least I know the food won't fail. I try to cook more with coconut oil rather than the fat and oils and butters he uses. I feel its an improvement in some ways. I used some herbs from the garden too. Instead of making the spices in the cupboard work overtime with all containing additional gluten and salt. Lets see how this goes ....

I feel sleepy for some reason. Might be weather related.

Nightg0ddess

Day 18: Sunday, 18 June 2023

109 Days

Programs:
Zen - Day 18/30
Arms of Steel - Chair Edition - Day 18/30
Shadebound - Day 18/30

The electricity just went on again. The nightmare continues. It is rare to have days without a power failure. I found it difficult to do Shadebound today, not because I was lazy, I was just too cold!!!
:hehehe:
I eventually put on my workout clothes, which is quite thin and way too cool for this winter weather. And I finished Shadebound at around 16 PM.

I haven't been able to feel warm again. Even after I took a warm shower. It is 10 C right now in my bedroom. I don't use a heater. Its only me - no cats, dogs, pets, kids or husband. So I feel it takes up a lot of energy/electricity for only heating my own ass!!! I don't really mind the cold. But its also not nice when you simply can't build up heat! My hands and back is the worse. Luckily I can climb into bed now.

This felt like a very short weekend, despite it being a long weekend here (Friday was a public holiday here).

Nightg0ddess

Day 19: Monday, 19 June 2023 - Day 22: Thursday, 22 June 2024

110 -113 Days

Programs:
Zen - Day 19 - 22/30
Arms of Steel - Chair Edition - Day 19 - 22/30
Shadebound - Day 19 - 22/30

It has been a crazy week. I had no issues with my exercises this week. Today, I felt lazy again. Both yesterday and today was kicks and punches with Shadebound. I didn't feel fatigue or anything health wise. I just simply felt lazy and sleepy. I am not sure what to make of this. Although it was a busy week, I can't really say I did so much to justify how I felt today. I had energy, I felt fine. But when I sat, I found it hard to get up to do anything. Fortunately, I had a little less to do today, so I just decided to do what needed to be done. Nothing extra. After my workout (Shadebound & AoS) my shoulders and arms actually felt sore for a little while. More than previous days.

Nightg0ddess

Day 23: Friday, 23 June 2024

114 Days

Programs:
Zen - Day 23/30
Arms of Steel - Chair Edition - Day 23/30
Shadebound - Day 23/30

Today was somewhat funny. I did Zen after I woke up, and I was still "warm". I woke up earlier than usual. Then I became cold for most of the day. It is 15C, but says 13C in my bedroom. I suppose it was still below 10C when I did my other exercises. I then did AoS and Shadebound early too - since the longer I wait, the colder it gets. AoS went fine. But Shadebound I had to laugh. I was so cold that my knees wouldn't bend! So after I did a set I did a warm up. Then did set 2 and I still had mobility issues. Both my parents is sick, and I am not sure if it could be that I am sick (without realizing it), or if it is simply because of the cold, but Climbers, Jumping Lunges and Jump Squats was so hard to do since I had issues with my knees. The High Knees and Butt Kicks seemed a little easier - maybe because the action was faster. I have no idea why. But yeah... I didn't do 7 sets. I only did 5 since it was simply just too weird.

Unbendable knees. That is a first.

Today, I had no luxury of being lazy. I had to do my washing, and actually tried hanging it outside ... there was a little cold breeze, but I had to tumble dry the sheets and pj's since they wouldn't dry. The other stuff like underwear can just stay on the stand overnight. Electricity is still a luxury here. LOL. I am making vegetable soup for dinner.

I don't feel sick, but both my parents have swollen eyes (not pink eye, but close enough to that!), sore bodies, sore throats. I have sore arms, which is difficult to lift. But I don't feel sick at all. It might be the reason why my arms felt so heavy yesterday, and why I struggled today.

Gosh... my "unbendable" knees got me today. I laughed so much, it was almost a bonus core workout!! I actually saw a clip today of a flamingo jumping into a swimming pool ... it was not as gracious as I expected. I felt a little bit like that flamingo!!!

Nightg0ddess

Day 24: Saturday, 24 June 2024

115 Days

Programs:
Zen - Day 24/30
Arms of Steel - Chair Edition - Day 24/30
Shadebound - Day 24/30

Day 25: Sunday, 25 June 2024

116 Days

Programs:
Zen - Day 25/30
Arms of Steel - Chair Edition - Day 25/30
Shadebound - Day 25/30

Day 26: Monday, 26 June 2024

117 Days

Programs:
Zen - Day 26/30
Arms of Steel - Chair Edition - Day 26/30
Shadebound - Day 26/30

This weekend and today went well. No issues. The weather was also a little warmer - not so much the temperature, just there was a little sun and less wind. Warm enough for the tortoises to come out of their hiding, and seek some sun. It is officially (winter) school holidays this side.

My parents is still slightly sick. My mom has issues with her ears at the moment. I feel fine and healthy. This morning I had slight stiffness, and when I walked barefeet over the cold tiled floor, my second toe (next to my small toe) started to cramp up!!

I was thinking about which programs to do next. My thoughts:

July : 30 Days of Strength + Power-Up (as a post-workout add-on)
August: High Gear + Express Tone
September: Military Fit (regular one)
October: Power Cardio (and its add-ons)
November: Avatar Upgrade
December: Military Fit+ (the one with the sandbag)
:super:

Will I survive 2023???????????????? Would the above programs be humanly possible to do (level 4 and 5 each month)!?!?!?! I don't know!?!?! I don't even know if my fitness level is up to this standard!? I can do a lot one day, and #$%& the next .... so yeah .....
:blink:
"It is better to burn out, than to fade away".

Nightg0ddess

Day 27: Tuesday, 27 June 2024

118 Days

Programs:
Zen - Day 27/30
Arms of Steel - Chair Edition - Day 27/30
Shadebound - Day 27/30

Day 28: Wednesday, 28 June 2024

119 Days

Programs:
Zen - Day 28/30
Arms of Steel - Chair Edition - Day 28/30
Shadebound - Day 28/30

Shadebound had 2 of the harder workouts again. Or maybe it is due to the cold weather that I struggled a little more. I would say on cooler days my body tend to be "slower" to react. Especially my lower legs - like my knees. I don't have knee issues, nor soreness or anything. I can only describe it as a form of stiffness. It is currently 13C, and that is the temperature inside the house too. So obviously when I exercise in the morning, the temperature was even lower. This might be why I struggle this winter. I am still quite flexible without a warm up ... and I don't get hurt bending and stretching in awkward positions ... touch wood. Although I do try to stretch before exercising.

The positives is: I have no Sciatica issues on cold days nor wrist, fingers, toes, foot aches and pains anymore. I think its the best I have felt in years regardless of the little "winter stiffness". I still occationally do minor Sciatica exercises in a warm up before I start my exercises. I really need to get myself a foam roller!

I have been thinking of doing the Push-Up Master Challenge next month. I love the 30-Day Challenges with pictures. And me saying I want to do Push-Ups must be written up in the Guiness Book of Records!! I deserve a gold medal for even just considering it!

Nightg0ddess

Day 29: Thursday, 29 June 2023

120 Days

Programs:
Zen - Day 29/30
Arms of Steel - Chair Edition - Day 29/30
Shadebound - Day 29/30

Shadebound was just stretching and splits. Zen was also quite pleasant - since I woke up a little stiff and a little sore, but it quickly went away. I did all of my programs back to back, since it wasn't hard. I noticed something funny ... in some of my above posts I typed 2024 instead of 2023 ... it is quite funny that I am working out in the future!!! Good for me!!

Star Trek Applause GIF

I am still deciding on Challenges for next month - or maybe my own random Push-Ups, Burpees challenge (maybe 50 of each daily) or something to that extent. I am still thinking what I would both enjoy and benefit the most from. What will be my limit, and what won't make me give up - which is important.

Just one more day to go!!
:cantwait:

Nightg0ddess

Day 30: Friday, 30 June 2023

121 Days

Programs:
Zen - Day 30/30
Arms of Steel - Chair Edition - Day 30/30
Shadebound - Day 30/30

As excited as I was to start this day ... well, lets just say it was VERY short lived excitement. Shortly after I got up, I discovered that there was no water in the taps.
:tap:
At least we have rain water tanks to flush the toilets, to wash my hair, and because I cleaned the one tank recently it was crystal clear to drink (after boiling it). The issue was in front of the neighbour's house. And they repaired it by 15 PM after working there for more than 5 hours with several trucks and tractors. I have to say that my city does do a great job to fix these issues quickly. The electricity was also off from noon until 14 PM. Having no water and electricity at the same time, was quite something.

My exercises was quite pleasant again. Did them all together again, since ... well, the morning started out on the wrong foot, I didn't do Zen earlier. i actually did Zen last today! Shadebound was Yoga and AoS was quite quick and easy too. Nothing difficult today. For the rest of the day I played games on my cellphone, and read a little. I just wasn't in a mood to do much else with the water and electricity that was down. It felt like a holiday!!!

This month was quite mellow. The exercises wasn't difficult, and I didn't have much struggles as other months. I enjoyed all 3 programs.

Zen was easier than Yoga and More of Yoga. But next time I might break down my programs to do AM (the poses) and PM (the meditation). I can't say which one of these I like the most. Zen was refreshing for me to do. I will redo this program again.

AoS - Chair Edition I purely did for the badge ... and actually I liked this MORE than the regular AoS version (since it had no push-ups and so on). It ONLY focussed on the upper body. You can do it seated, or stand and do it. I always figured it was more for people with a disability, injury or mobility issues. But I was so wrong. This would go nice with a running program. Or if you do a lot of squats, walking, butt exercises and/or if you want to focus purely on your arms. I loved it! It was quite a nice surprise that this program wasn't "boring" as I thought it would be.

Shadebound I also did for the badge, and since it looked "interesting" enough on paper/screen ... since I am not fond of too much Combat in a program (maybe why I keep holding off on Fireheart, sadly!) This one, just had the right amount to make me enjoy the program. And I also liked the Recovery days. It wasn't too easy, nor too difficult. I was one of those "just the right amount of everything" not to quit!

So yeah, I enjoyed all 3 programs, and doing them on the same day.

Tomorrow, I will start my new programs. Which ... Well, I am not quite sure of the AM part ... (a Yoga program, or Yoga from the workout section - unsure) and then 30 Days of Strength and Power-Up (Post-workout add-on). There will also be daily Push-ups. Ummm.... 50? 100? I will know for sure tomorrow!
:nod: