The Paragon Path Towards An Epic Destiny

Sólveig

Pirate from Cabudare - Venezuela
Pronouns: She/Her
"Ars longa, vita brevis"
I've reached the 30th floor, so it's only fair to treat things coming forward as Epic Rewards, from even higher levels to Epic Boons. It's all in the manuals, after all... So yes, this Tiefling Pirate Bard feels like she's growing, so I figured it might be good to make a new log. After all, there's so much you can accomplish, and there are more challenges to take on, and I'm willing to take any challenges. If you don't believe me, well... I am the self-proclaimed Burpee Queen for a reason that I do show off in my previous log, which can be read here.

To whom it might concern, I am a Venezuelan Male-to-Female transgender on her early thirties. I measure around 1.76 mts tall (5'9" in American units), with a weight that jumps between 69 kgs and 74 kgs (again, between 152 lbs and 162 lbs for my American readers), depending on the scale, the day, and what am I eating right now, because things are chaotic in my life! I struggled with weight issues throughout my entire life, and it wasn't until 2015 that I decided to do something about being overweight. However, the change didn't come until late 2017, when I found out about DAREBEE and started to work out every day, and I haven't stopped ever since.

The journey was rough, with many attempts to do all kinds of thing. Nowdays, I focus on bodyweight workouts, kickboxing, and krav magá, with some dancing on the side. The most noticeable thing in my workouts are the almost daily basis in which I do 100 Burpees, breaking them down in mostly sets of 25 Burpees with 30 seconds of rest between them. Sometimes I add some variation to it, like increasing the repetitions, or putting a fun modification to make them harder. Recently, I decided to go back to my roots, and do the Croft workout everyday, also adding a homebrew workout that I like to call 100/50 Strength, which is very basic:

1. 20 Squats
  2. 10 Push-ups
  3. 10 Sit-ups
  4. Repeat this five times without rest. That's one set.

Everything else, as I said, goes back into combat and dancing. I kid you not, if I say this to my previous self from 2016 and back, she'd be laughing her ass off.

As for the rest, well, I am a music teacher, a writer, and a Game Master of Dungeons & Dragons 5e, Pathfinder 2e, Vampire: The Masquerade V20, and Index Card RPG. I like to talk about it very often in my log, so expect me to go into detail on what goes to my prep work, the sheneanigans from my group, and the times I get to be a player, not only solo but also within my group. Everyone is motivated to Game Mastering in there now.

I also happen to struggle with ADHD which was recently diagnosed, so I'm still learning the ropes of that.

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Alright, so, I actually started to use my new journal, and cleaned out the entire whiteboard to start over. Even though I didn't accomplish any goals that I put for the day, I still strive for a success because I am learning a few things about perfectionism. I just need to make notes about it, and have that reminder put in place. I also broke down my current story into three scenes, plus I drew once more the logo that I want to have. I still find it funny that it originated as my Cleric's Holy Symbol. But yeah, I broke down my current story into three scenes that are summed up in one single sentence. It sounds like I am making a series, but no, I just broke it down as such to not make it overwhelming on me. As soon as one is done, even if it is the first draft, I'll clear it up.

The struggle with perfectionism is what I'm putting up with currently. It is what paralizes me the most, and it really sucks. I want to be able to do the things that I enjoy; I want to have my skills back, and just do things badly as a way to get better. Last December I told the story about how I baked pan de jamón with a neighbor, but she didn't like it the way it came. On one hand, I haven't baked one in years, and on the other hand, she was very, very strict with the process and didn't trust me. A few days later, she just said that we shouldn't do that anymore and quit, but I had to rewire that and say "yeah, we aren't good, but how often do we make pan de jamón anyway. All we need is practice."

That's why I'm hooked about this. I enjoy the process of baking it, and I do enjoy the process of drawing and writing, and I notice that a lot more when I prepare a session for my group. Perfectionism, though, is robbing me of that joy. So that's what I aim to stop in this current struggle of the week.

I also decided to designate a few extra pages on my journal: one for the weekly goals, and one for the weekly performance analysis. I don't know if I'll keep this, but I won't be aiming for 100% anymore... at least not until I'm closer to the 100%.

January 1st, 2024
Kickboxing: Day 140

Morning Routine:
:v: The Right Side + 10 Decline Push-ups
:v: Sól Salutation - LVL I +EC
:v: Daily Dare: 100 Side Jacks +EC
Count: 1341 - 1337 +EC

Night Routine:
:v: Mani Salutation - 1 Set
:v: Five Rites
:v: Virasana Meditation
:v: Daily Gratitude
:v: Counting Victories

Programs:
Homebrew Training Plan (Valkyrie and Fighter combo inspired)
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: 150 Burpees +EC
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
:v: Croft - LVL I +EC
:v: Monday +EC
:v: Glutes, Quads, Hamstrings & Calves
:v: 100/50 Strength: 1 Set
:v: DAREdice: 12 Sit-ups
:v: 1 minute Uttanasana w/Toe Reach
:x: Hamstring Stretch - 1 minute each stretch (+1 minute per side)
:v: 2-Minute Elbow Plank
:x: Daily Walk
:x: Shuffle Dance! (#1, #2, #3, H.A.T.E.R.)
:x: Belly Dance
Dancing Days: 14

Challenges:
:v: Daily HIIT: Day 1
Bucket List:
Epic Abs

Writing progress:
:x: Nothing yet
:x: 1500 Get!
:x: Daily 1500

Reading progress:
From now on, I'll go 1 book at a time.

Other Victories:

MadamMeow

Fae from Central NJ
"I see my vision burn, I feel my memories fade with time, but Im too young to worry..."
Many people do not realize how hard having perfectionism really is, but I get it, it IS.

Good for you for starting the year fresh. I do hope you achieve all you set out to do, and if you don't, remember that it is ok!

:ss:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"

Oh, I missed you too! It feels so good to pick this back up, after putting it off for a few days. Even though I was so sweaty I slid away on the floor during the Butt-ups, I still rocked this workout because I just love it. I want to get back into abs, and I guess this is the way.

I also updated my journal. Thankfully it's two years in, but I'm counting the days in which I draw and play the guitar, as well as count how many drawings I do in a day, plus the words written in a day (probably an average of them), and the Burpees that I've done so far. Yeah, I'm auditing all of that. Some because I really want to improve, but as the Burpees go, I'm doing them out of complete curiosity. I also have a few ideas in mind that I jotted them out. I used it quite a lot today. Filled up the entire page I let out for the day even. I also managed to tick off two of my goals for the day, for the prize of one, because I did them both in a row. Again, I don't need to go for 100%. If I do, then great. If I don't, good as well. I went for 50%, and I'd like to do the 75% today. @MadamMeow you're right; not allowing perfectionism to drive you is easier said than done, but at least I'm working for it.

I guess it was good to take December as a holiday, and actually do the techniques I'm being taught in therapy, plus more. Learning how to journal better, using visuals like the whiteboard, keep doing animedoro...

Anyway, I am going to write, or at least, to do the first thing from my current story. I'm not in a rush to publish them because my latest work is still on the queue after two weeks.

I forgot to mention yesterday that I added one of the DAREBEE shorts to my morning routine, after seeing that it only takes less than two minutes. I blame Power Squats for it. In the spirit of not aiming for perfection, I won't edit that post, in the same way that I realize that I won't be able to make it to 150 Burpees every single day, just like it happened before with 100 Burpees, or I won't be able to keep going with Croft every day, but hey, as long as I'm doing something I should be good. That's why I'm auditing. Not aiming for perfection, but how much can I do this week, and this month, and this year...

E: Guess what? I just finished writing 600 words! It is less than half of what I usually do, but I take it. I also forgot that I did the first part of that story already, so guess what is it that I removed from my whiteboard? I'm on the second part out of three, and I think I can get this first draft done right away. 600 words to start the year; that's not bad. It's not my usual 1500, but it's slightly more than two pages. I've got this.

"I can fix a bad page. I can't fix a blank page." - Nora Roberts.

I should print this quote, make copies of it, put it everywhere I go to, engrave it on my glasses so I can read it in the corner, tattoo it on my body. I need to keep reminding myself of this. Some writers like to edit and fix as they go. I did that approach when I started, and that only made my perfectionism so bad, I'd end up editing thousands of times instead of keep going, always stuck on the first two pages.

January 2nd, 2024
Kickboxing: Day 140

Morning Routine:
:v: 20-Seconds Legs
:v: Daily Dare: 5 Minutes Raised Arms Hold +EC
Count: 1342 - 1338 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
:v: One-arm Push-up Prep +EC
:v: Masterpack - LVL III +EC
:v: DAREdice: 8 Squats

Challenges:
:v: Daily HIIT: Day 2
Bucket List:
Epic Abs

Writing progress:
:v: 600 words! Less than half, but I'll take it!

Reading progress:
Still deciding on which fiction book. Unless I do it recreationally, I won't put any non-fiction here.

Other Victories:

Last edited:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Powercut. It lasted for longer than it should have. I lost a lot of my day, but I ended up making a drawing upon request. It turned out pretty good. I actually wanted to do more, but the powercut demoralized me into submission, not to mention the heat was so horrible I couldn't decide where to be in the house.

Therefore, I'm squeezing everything by now. I ended up working out, but it wasn't what I wanted. However, I did go beyond 150 Burpees. 7 Burpees from the Daily HIIT challenge on each set, counting up to 35, plus 150 from the 150 Burpees, and then the 50 from my Secret Santa, and extra 5 that I did before the Secret Santa that were supposed to be with a Jump Knee-Tuck, but I omitted the Knee-Tuck part of the jump by accident... That's 240 Burpees today. Don't ask me how I managed to go beyond the maximum number of Death By Burpees, because I have no idea.

ss2023_Solveig.jpg

Other than that, I ended up making more notes, and now I am finally going to write, or at least read what I've wrote to get my brain back up to speed in my current short. At least I managed to list out what I want to draw, and a few extra ideas. Today was a flop, but it wasn't my fault. At least I got to draw. Not what I wanted to draw, but I drew, and said drawing might attract comissions IRL.

As for the gift I've given, I guess no one picked up on the fact that I hid it in plain sight on my previous log. I guess I should take a walk, a run, and repeat my words, but what's the point on that without doing lunges and push-ups beforehand, if you catch my sleigh?

E: Got it. 968 words; almost 1K. And I finished the second part of the short. Now, all I need is the grand finale, and then to edit that whole thing because it is awful. It is meant to be awful! Polishing is the part where my perfectionism can shine, as long as I don't make it too shiny.

January 3rd, 2024
Kickboxing: Day 141

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 60 Seconds Sumo Squat Hold +EC
Count: 1343 - 1339 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
40 Full Burpees
40 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
40 Full Burpees
:x: Croft - LVL I +EC
:v: Secret Santa Gift +Burpees w/Full Jump Knee-Tuck +No rest between sets
:v: Extra 5 Full Burpees done by accident
:v: One Kick (Side Kick) - LVL III +No rest between sets
:v: Crop Top +Megaset
:x: 100/50 Strength
:v: DAREdice: 20 Sit-ups

Challenges:
:v: Daily HIIT: Day 3 +Full Burpees
Bucket List:
Epic Abs

Writing progress:
:v: Still working on my short, but I wrote today!

Reading progress:
Still deciding on which fiction book. Unless I do it recreationally, I won't put any non-fiction here.

Other Victories:
I ended up drawing less than I thought, but I'm counting it.

Last edited:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Still drawing less than expected, but I managed to pull out a few books and even established myself a little plan to bring myself back up to speed. I'll be doing real life comissions, plus I'll spend up to the next three months practicing the lessons, not forgetting to get out of them and have my creative juices flowing. My writing, so far, has been relegated to the night, and I don't know why I did it because that isn't part of my plan. I mean, there's a point on the afternoon that is pretty much a complete loss, so I guess I should change that and do something. That's when I want to draw or write the most, but I end up doing nothing instead, and I don't know why, or actually, I do know why, but I don't change it... yet. Then again, that's also the time where a powercut happens, and since I am at the spot of the house where the sun strikes directly during the afternoon, it gets very hot whenever there's a powercut at that time. I can't work in other areas of the house because it's either darker, or I won't be left alone. Besides, the heat only makes me sweat. In fact, the drawing that I did yesterday I did it with a towel at hand, otherwise I would ruin the paper. It already happened before whenever I handwrite anything under this weather.

On the other hand, I actually forgot how much Deep House gets me into working. That's probably because, back in my Cyberpunk days, that was my go-to music for scenes taking place in a strip-club... and there was a story where a strip-club was the base of operations for the heroes. I still have that story, and I won't get rid of it, no... In fact, with the skills that I've gained, and the lessons I've learned from game mastering, I can do a whole lot better than before. I am striving to revive it, but right now it's not the time.

Speaking about it, I'll be writing now. I have a story to finish.

E: 1769 words! It is more than I thought I would write, and the only reason that I stopped is because I got overwhelmed. I am halfway through the ending, so I'll finish it up tomorrow. Perfectionism wasn't really bad today, as I just breezed through, and whenever I got stuck, I just wrote the first thing that came up to my head and called it a day, saying "I'll fix it later" every single time. Having the quote on my whiteboard works, but I need it to be someplace where I don't erase it.

January 4th, 2024
Kickboxing: Day 141

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 50 Knee-to-elbow +EC
Count: 1344 - 1340 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
:v: Masterpack - LVL III +EC
:v: DAREdice: 16 Squats

Challenges:
:v: Daily HIIT: Day 4
Bucket List:
Epic Abs

Writing progress:
:v: Half-way through and I haven't finished my WIP!
:v: 1500 Get!
:v: Daily 1500

Reading progress:

Other Victories:
Still drawing less than expected, but I managed to secure a plan.

Last edited:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Today I did two drawings instead of one: a lesson on caricatures, and the caricature of a Venezuelan comedian. I'm drawing caricatures again because that's how I started into drawing: cartooning celebrities before turning into political satire, which is what my teacher does. It was him who taught me the idea that art, especially caricatures and the political caricature genre, should always be against the system and never take a stand upon any kind of banner, even if you as a person are in favor of it. That's something that I've seen of him stuck to it, because I've been following his career since I was a kid (he drew on the local newspaper and was kind of a local celebrity; having him as my art teacher was a complete coincidence), and never once I've seen him draw something that takes a stance in favor of any side upon the political spectrum. It is a valuable lesson that I actually put in place in my work everywhere, and it kinda got reinforced when I first read De Sade and noticed that, far beyond his debauchery, there was a criticism in place against the French society from his days, even after the Revolution happened.

That's actually one of the reasons why I want to have his portrait, alongside Nora Roberts', Terry Pratchett's, and Stephen King's in my wall: to always remind myself to never take a side if I go political, to remember that I can't edit blank pages, to always have fun writing, and to always write 1500 words, no matter what. I also want to print out George R. R. Martin's portrait and J. R. R. Tolkien's, but I want to cross them out with red ink and write a caption below that says "don't focus too much on worldbuilding" underneath Tolkien's and "don't stall on your projects" on Martin's. They should be my next caricatures, though.

I'm thinking of grabbing a sketchbook and waste it on random doodles for whenever I get bored, but doodles using a pen instead of a pencil. The goal is to not erase anything, and leave mistakes in the open. As Bob Ross says, they are happy little accidents.

I actually felt quite happy today. In spite of a powercut, I managed to do two caricatures, color yesterday's and today's, wrote more than 1500 words last night and I aim to finish that story tonight (or die trying), and I'm doing 150 Burpees. It's been such a long time since I drew, and I'm actually happy that, after two lessons, I'm once again able to take someone's face and distort their likeness to make a funnier approach that highlights the worst of them; it's the ultimate way to roast people, and I forgot how fun it is, and how funny it can be. I lost myself so much on technique that I forgot the true joy of drawing.

I am killing my perfectionism, one artwork at the time. Hence I'm using a pen for the sketchbook. As I said: leave the mistakes there. It might look like crap, but that's the intention.

I'll get more of those, and if someone randomly sees one and likes them, I'll sell it. I'm not too attached to it.

I also got yet another spiral bound notebook, which is something that always brings me joy. Forget the dice goblins, I am a notebook goblin instead! I was actually planning to get one later on to replace one that I spent, so this saved me up some money. I don't know if I said this before, but I prefer spiral bound notebooks because I can open them whole, and save a lot of space in my desk. I wish I could find more spiral bound notebooks, but they are a bit hard to find in my town.

E: Just finished the story, with a few extra words to get to 1500. I wasn't even counting the words, to be honest. It is a horrible draft, but that is the point. Now that the worst is over, I can allow myself to be perfectionist and make it top quality. I already have my own rules to control my perfectionism for this, so it is under control.

January 5th, 2024
Kickboxing: Day 142

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 50 Elbow Plank Arm raises +EC
Count: 1345 - 1341 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
:v: WoD: Glutes, Quads, Hamstrings & Calves
:v: Monkey! - LVL III +EC +Full Burpees +Rest between levels
Glutes, Quads, Hamstrings & Calves
:v: DAREdice: 20 Lunges

Challenges:
:v: Daily HIIT: Day 5
Bucket List:
Epic Abs

Writing progress:
:v: Done!

Reading progress:

Other Victories:
Drew two caricatures!

Last edited:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
ROFLOL regarding G.R.R Martin! I am slowly coming to term that we are probably never gonna "read" his own ending for GOT. Slowly.

I could put 3D Realms' Logo (or Randall S. Pitchford III, the S stands for [CENSORED BY THE US DoSC], for that matter), but Duke Nukem Forever was released... a lot of years later. I could also do Yandere Dev, but that's... that's way too creepy by now.

In his defense, he's not the only one who doesn't finish their projects. I can't believe I'm defending him on this though, lol.

E: Added link for context about the reference.

Last edited:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Argh, got not so much work done today. Distractions won. I barely did a caricature, and barely edited a thing. I guess I can do better tomorrow, but my brain just couldn't work today, no matter how much I tried, I always ended up distracted by the shiny thing.

I almost didn't make it to working out, but... I danced today. Twenty minutes of shuffle, and I even used it for warmup before the 150 Burpees, and it got me exhausted quickly. I almost forgot everything, so I guess it's time to learn it again. Hey, I danced again, and I had my fun.

I just didn't do what I wanted to do today. Anyway, it's just a bad day. There's nothing wrong with it. I'll do better tomorrow, as long as I don't get sidetracked.

January 6th, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 50 Elbow Plank Arm raises +EC
Count: 1346 - 1342 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
:v: DAREdice: 12 Sit-ups
:v: Shuffle Dance! (#1, #2, #3, H.A.T.E.R.)
Dancing Days: 15

Challenges:
:v: Daily HIIT: Day 6 +Full Burpees
Bucket List:
Epic Abs

Writing progress:
:v: Barely got some editing and rewriting done

Reading progress:

Other Victories:
Half-way through a lesson, but I count it as a victory.

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Well, I didn't write today... at least not in the sense of it. I actually played Vampire: The Masquerade solo, and it was very fun. It almost felt like I was playing Bloodlines all over again. I mean it: actually playing. I finally started the chronicle without issue, and spent the entire night with it. I had to leave it at the beginning of a Dungeon Crawl because the combat can be very slow solo because it is quite crunchy, but it is no less fun. Since the Initiatives in VtM are more or less in order instead of simultaneously, it's pretty issue to picture how things happen in a single round. Of course, a round lasts for 3 seconds, but the actions don't happen simultaneously, or at least not 100% simultaneously because something goes off at every microsecond. Thinking about it makes it feel that time slows down enough so that I could see exactly what's happening before I narrate on it. It was even more challenging when I saw one of my Coterie characters rolled the same number of successes as a baddie on the Initiative roll, which means they acted 100% synchronized. To my surprise, the baddie failed an attack roll, which was on par with the Coterie character using Lure of Flames on him, throwing him a small bolt of fire that dealt 1 point of Aggravated damage by each round. In fact, that triggered a Rötschreck check to another one of my Coterie which was close, but she succeeded with her Self-control roll, and that happened shortly after she assasinated another baddie after being invisible for... pretty much the entire chapter. Like Celerity, Obfuscate is a pretty broken ability in V20, as long as the Manipulation attribute and the Subterfuge skills are high. I've never played a Nosferatu before, so I'm not used to see huge pools of dice for combat rolls. Seriously, the damage rollf from that sneak attack was 14D10. Ended up killing that baddie with 10 successes, dealing 10 points of Lethal damage.

I guess I understand better the Storyteller System's way to do combat. Yes, it's crunchy, but it works. Combats generally don't last beyond three rounds (unlike D&D, which can go on for rounds and rounds), and having the Initiative system in place, albeit slows the game, it makes it easier for the Storyteller to interpret and narrate the action while the players have to act quickly, without much of a plan. V5 is aware of this, and actually encourages the Storyteller to shut down the combat if it goes beyond the third round, but Jason Carl doesn't seem to do that on L.A. By Night. Of course, I'm not Jason Carl, and I'm using V20, but V5 does have a point. During my writing, most of the time I spent on was on rolling for Combat and making sense of the rolls log before putting the results of the round in one or two short paragraphs.

@Nevetharine I think I read on your log that you have troubles writing combat scenes. If you manage to get ahold of the Vampire: The Masquerade Core Rulebook (20th Anniversary Edition or Fifth Edition), you might want to check their rules for combat to have an insight on how to follow it. Short answer is that it pretty much slows everything down to bullet time so you can see what goes on: who attacks who, what combat maneuvers do they use, what reactions happen. All things happen simultaneously, and each round is 3 seconds, in which characters can do one thing, and move at a speed of around 3 to 6 meters per second. The way it works is that you see who goes first, then you list all the actions that happen in those three seconds, see which consequences those actions have, and only after that, you start the prose. 20th Anniversary Edition (which is what I'm using for this game) has a sidebar that sums it up in page 273, however, you don't need the book. A friendly Storyteller put that summary on their screen and shared it on Reddit. My advice is that you shouldn't go too much into detail with combat, especially if you aren't very sure about it. If the struggle is too much, you can pretty much skip the entire details and go straight with saying who won. It worked for Amadis of Gaul; combats usually take a single line in that novel (even though one of them was very, very anticlimactic, so YMMV). In a nutshell, either you have the big picture, or you don't and say straight away who won.

Anyway, I also finished yesterday's drawing... and my marker started to die. It's fine. It actually lasted, at least.

January 7th, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 40 Climber Taps +EC
Count: 1347 - 1343 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
:v: DAREdice: 10 Jumping Jacks

Challenges:
:v: Daily HIIT: Day 7
Bucket List:
Epic Abs

Writing progress:
:v: I played VtM and ended up writing 4K

Reading progress:

Other Victories:
Finished the drawing I started yesterday

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
Pronouns: She/her
I'll check it out 🙂 maybe I ought to put that piece up on my log, so fellow writers can deliver some (friendly) critique. I'm just thinking it might be a little... ah... graphic... for younger readers (demonic dogs etc) It's more telling than showing though.

Yeah, think I'll do that.

In close combat I usually model from other authors I like to read. But this was more chaotic because its war, basically.

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
No words written yet. In fact, I didn't even draw. It was demoralizing enough that today was very hot, so let's not talk about the fact that there was a powercut that lasted the entire afternoon. I actually rushed my workout so that I could resume my walks, plus I had an errand to do.

I am sitting down to write right now. I have a lot of things pending, so I must rush it through.

January 8th, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 50 Lunge Punches +EC
Count: 1348 - 1344 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
:v: WoD: Ice Age - LVL III +Megaset
:v: DAREdice: 16 Full Burpees
:v: 1 Full Burpee extra just to make it to 170 instead of 169 today
:v: Daily Walk

Challenges:
:v: Daily HIIT: Day 8
Bucket List:
Epic Abs

Writing progress:
:x: Not yet

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Well, my morning was rough with the dailies. For a day that should've been upper-body focus, my glutes had the most workout.

As for last night, I didn't write. Instead, I was editing my work, and ended up scraping the whole thing and starting over. It is a different story that the one that I was working on, but the reason I'm doing this first is because the sooner I get it out there, the more chances I have to win a contest. Since I've been playing Vampire: The Masquerade solo using Mythic, I decided to skim through the books once again and found that their way to prepare sessions works perfectly to make a much better and intuitive flowchart of a story. It's like an outline on steroids, where instead of making details, I simply put one sentence, place the Chaos Factor, and then look for possible outcomes. Then, all I do is ask questions to the GM emulator, roll Chaos to see if any scene gets altered or interrupted, and so on. Starting from Chaos 5, I ended up with a very short story that ends with Chaos 8, with two interrupted scenes and one altered scene, to which the alteration actually made it even more interesting than what I originally planned it to be. I'm only three bubbles away to finish the draft, so it was surprisingly quick and, like I said, even more intuitive than just forcing myself through it.

I am going to need more notebooks. I like this. This will work for everything, from GMing to writing, and I did this flowchart in less than an hour last night, pretty much eliminating all the complexities and leaving stuff open for other threads to develop, if I was writing a novel, of course, but since this is a short story, there's not much about side plots I could say. I really, really like this. A flow chart is far much more convenient and far more easier than just writing what happens, and then go on by it. Seriously, I can put one idea in a single sentence, but then I freeze about what happens. Whenever it's time to set up an outline, I simply get frustrated. Sometimes I start without it, sometimes I end up rewriting the outline, and sometimes I ditch the outline. It is very rare the moment when I follow the outline as it sits. That doesn't happen with big projects, but big projects I do have an idea as to where the story goes, so the outline is more or less optional, unless I have no idea as to how to reach from point A to point B.

This right here is brilliant. For some moments I split the buble in two in case something different happens. I rolled the D100, went one way, and stroke through the other way. This is awesome. Just like the Storyteller System gives a good method to narrate combat, Mythic gives a more visual method to outline a story. Dare I say ADHD friendly. Runehammer's Circle Method is one I use for brainstorming for bigger projects; that's how I developed my previous NaNo, and that's how I developed the themes I wanted to take on my VtM Chronicle. Using words exclusively is completely overrated.

Thank you, TTRPG designers.

E: I decided to add a link to Runehammer's Circle Method, in case anyone's interested.

January 9th, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 40 Single Leg Bridges +EC
Count: 1349 - 1345 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
:v: WoD: Clean Slate - LVL III +No rest between sets +Added Dumbbells:
Shoulder Taps modified into Shoulder Press
Bicep Extensions modified into Bicep Curls
:v: One-arm Push-up Prep +EC
:v: DAREdice: 8 Lunges

Challenges:
:v: Daily HIIT: Day 9 +Full Burpees
Bucket List:
Epic Abs

Writing progress:
:v: Still working through it, but already went over 1500 words!

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Last edited:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
I noped out of training and writing today. Not only I'm feeling tired (big surprise, I overdid it yesterday), but also there was a powercut that only made me feel very lazy.

So yeah, instead of seeing it as a failure, I took it as a rest day. Take the word "rest" with a grain of salt, because there were some Burpees. Unexpectedly, I didn't skip them today.

January 10th, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 60 Seconds Raised Leg Plank Hold +EC
Count: 1350 - 1346 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
:v: DAREdice: 12 One-armed Push-ups

Challenges:
:v: Daily HIIT: Day 10
Bucket List:
Epic Abs

Writing progress:
:x: Nope

Reading progress:
:x: Casino Royale - 0%

Other Victories:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"

Is this named because of the meme or the Greek letter? Because I kinda thought about the Gigachad memes, and some of us discussed a Gigachad workout or a program, and now I'm wondering if that'll be 30 Days of Strength or Strength Protocol, but even harder... I won't lie, I laughed when I saw the name, but now the meme intrigues me.

Anyway, I didn't draw today. I didn't do much other than edit my stuff, aside from waking up late. I'm still going through editing, but this is the second one. The first one is done, so now it's about style and phrasing, seeing which words remove, which words to add... it's just embellishing the work, and I let my perfectionism to have reign free with it because it doesn't freeze me. Instead, it only makes me to go forward and keep going until I'm content with it.

I'm not carrying on with it until tomorrow. I mean, after second edit, I can go with the third and last one immediately, because it's just grammar and typos, and most of the grammar I fix on the second edit. My plans for tomorrow is to prepare for Pathfinder and do research for my book. If possible, I'll start editing another draft, or write a new one.

January 11th, 2024
Kickboxing: Day 143

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 20 Jump Squats +EC
Count: 1351 - 1347 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
:v: DAREdice: 16 Lunges
:x: 1 minute Uttanasana w/Toe Reach

Challenges:
:v: Daily HIIT: Day 11
Bucket List:
Epic Abs

Writing progress:
:v: Editing

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
It seems they are switching back to cutting the power at night. That's not really the bad part. The bad part is that I spent my time finishing the edit, and I was going to proofread right when the powercut happened. I was going to prepare for my next session, but it didn't happen thanks to that. Now, I am really angry about not finishing that campaign. Thankfully, the other GM prepared, but it kills me that I am getting slowed down with this under a circumstance that wasn't my doing.

So yeah, that was fun... Other than that, well, combat. Still going on with the Burpees, but at least I got my work done, and I'm ready to take upon the next one. I'm slightly stressed out by it, because it's long, and it'll be longer after the first edit. If I have to cut it in pieces, I will do so; otherwise, I won't. Damn, that's one project that stresses me out even knowing that it's next on the queue, mainly because I'm still getting delayed by the actual work I have to put on NaNoWriMo.

These powercuts... I hate them, honestly.

January 12th, 2024
Kickboxing: Day 144

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 30 Push-up Shoulder Taps +EC
Count: 1352 - 1348 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
:v: WoD: Wrecking Ball - LVL III +EC +Rest between levels
:v: Rowdy +EC
:v: DAREdice: 12 Jumping Jacks

Challenges:
:v: Daily HIIT: Day 12 +Full Burpees
Bucket List:
Epic Abs

Writing progress:
:v: Edited and proofread

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Damn, ADHD hits different after you realize you've been surrounded by polymaths; no wonder why I am always jumping around, and people have called me multi-purpose, and I'm not the only one in the family. I had to put the things that I wanted in my journal so that I could prioritize, and ended up with... almost twenty skills, one of which is learning more languages, and the list has SEVEN languages, and it keeps growing, and then there's the exotic* musical instruments... Yeah, struggling with perfectionism will be really hard with this, especially since many of those skills either I lost them because I never put practice on them, or I just gave up on them on lesson 1.

There is a lot to unpack, and I am just getting distracted by shiny things. Thankfully, I bought another day off because we cancelled again for Pathfinder tomorrow, yet honestly I am not surprised since tomorrow is a holiday; the biggest one, so big that it's pretty much State-wide, with people from outside the State coming over too, and they aren't necessarily natives to here. This right here is what I mean when I say the Venezuelan midwest is the bible belt, although if you look at the map, Lara is not really the belt, but more like the eye of the rhinoceros (or the elephant; depends on how you look at it). I'm not sure if they are believers since that's a protestant household, but I wouldn't be surprised if they do it out of cultural tradition, or they have catholic family, or anything, but I'm not here to judge. Truth is we've been cancelled, so I'm using tomorrow to get my stuff together, because quite frankly it's getting stuffed in here with all the things that I want, and I must prioritize. It feels wrong to sacrifice so much, yet there's so much I can do in a day, especially when I only have one third of a day to do stuff instead of the two thirds. You know: powercuts.

Second week dancing, so I'm on a roll! Yet the floor feels... sticky. I'm not sure if that's my shoes, or that's the sweat after the Burpees. I'll experiment on it tomorrow, before and after I do Burpees. Just do The Running Man for a few seconds and assess the situation. I already have one thing to do tomorrow, and I hate it a bit... then again, apart from getting my stuff together, I also have a lot of research to do for my novel. I've been neglecting it for a while, and I don't want to delay it anymore. There's a reason I picked a notebook to put everything about it, so I must use it to do research, and to plan it out.

Quoting Elliot on the pilot episode of Mr. Robot: "You've got this you've got this you've got this."

* Did I ever express my love for the tagelharpa before?

January 13th, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 60 Seconds Jumping Jacks +EC
Count: 1353 - 1349 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
:v: WoD: Express Abs +EC
:v: DAREdice: 12 Double Burpees
:v: Shuffle Dance! (#1, #2, #3, H.A.T.E.R.)
Dancing Days: 16

Challenges:
:v: Daily HIIT: Day 13
Bucket List:
Epic Abs

Writing progress:
:x: Just journaling

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
@Maegaranthelas Already promised myself to get one a while back. One day or another.

I found out it's my sweat after the Burpees that makes the floor hard to dance. I already did the test not only doing The Running Man, but also Moonwalking and indeed it is my sweat from the Burpees. I must switch that too.

Today I reduced all of the things that I wanted to do to six. Now, all that I have left is to make a plan, set milestones, and create the entire system. I'm still working on my novel, so that won't change. In fact, funny little thing happened to me: accidentally ended up doing research upon it earlier this evening. Even though I didn't take notes, I realized that I have a few things more to learn, but I can make a very quick step by making contact with some people, but I am a little afraid of them. I know, knocking on the door is not entering, as we say here (it loses its charm a bit upon translation), but it still rubs me the wrong way. Knowing what goes inside those people... it really rubs me the wrong way, but that's what I get for making an antagonist that requires effective research because I decided to make a story about freedom.

Anyway, more Burpees today, no writing. Only setting myself up for success this year. I have a long way to work, but now that I reduced everything to six things, I can start prioritizing easily. In fact, some of these things don't even have an actual milestone to reach, so I can go on them as easy as I want while I focus on more pressing matters. What I need to do now is to microjournal next week to see how assess how I'm expending my time, because I know that I am wasting so much of it at one point memescrolling on Facebook, or simply laying on bed because I am overwhelmed with new knowledge, and I need to assimilate it because it was too much in too little time, or to reflect on things... which then leaves me to think upon other stuff, and then into rabbit holes, and...

Yeah, it's no fun. Sometimes, I want to take off my brain, and tell it to shut up for a moment instead of going all over many things. Not really memories, but things that get my attention, like an obscure fact I remembered, or something that I must do, and then another obscure fact, then an old joke, then a song, which then I proceed to spend the entire afternoon trying to remember that song, looking for it, and before I know it, I almost missed my workout.

Must assess that. I don't know how to change that. I know why it happens, at least, so that's a step, but I want to change that. I don't like it to be productive for one or two hours, and actually do a lot more than I think I could, only to have a huge chunk of time that I'm not using to even have fun by playing D&D solo, or preparing the next session, but instead lose myself in the algorithms of social media. At least I'm not doomscrolling, oh no... I cut heavily upon news content a long time ago, so I only check the news that concern me.

So yeah, I am aware there's a huge chunk of time that remains unused, and I'd like to fill it in with more... I'm not saying productive activities per se, but more... fullfilling activities; ones that I already sorted out into six. I don't need suggestions for activities, I already have them. I just need to actually DO them, that's all.

This week was a flop on many things, but well... you win some, you lose some. It's still January, and I'm still setting my ground up for success this year. I just feel like there's just too much work to do, and it discourages me. Then again, I've done big projects before, so... I've got this.

See asana number six? I managed to reach my toes on that stretch on my left side. I never did before. Progress? OBVIOUSLY YES! :fireworks:

It is actually part of one of my goals: to pick back up and improve my flexibility. Well, that's only a milestone. The bigger goal is something that I'll keep secret, but I do require a piece of equipment that I found out it was way too expensive, but I believe the price is not the right price. I'll do better research on it, but it isn't very urgent. Is not like I have a place to put it in the house anyway because it's big, but I do need strength a flexibility to perform with it with proper finesse. I hope that strange placement of that word is enough hint, but I won't say anything yet because I don't want to jinx it.

January 14th, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 40 Knee-to-elbows +EC
Count: 1354 - 1350 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
:v: WoD: Manifest +EC
:v: DAREdice: 10 One-arm Push-ups

Challenges:
:v: Daily HIIT: Day 14
Bucket List:
Epic Abs

Writing progress:
:x: Nope

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
@PetiteSheWolf @Anek Thanks! :welcome:

Alright, I didn't went separate from my phone today for the entire day. Why is that? Because I used my phone to audit everything that I done throughout the day, putting it by the hour that I did it, and what I did, and all of that. I'm doing this for the entire week. Originally I planned to do it for three days, but today, tomorrow, and the day after are a bit special, since they aren't routine. I am having my appointment on Wednesday, so I am sleeping early for the next two days so I won't miss it.

On the other hand, it wasn't as productive as I wanted it to be. See, I was going to edit. I had to edit my short story, but I couldn't. There was a powercut as soon as I was about to begin, aside from the fact that I woke up late. Still, I didn't let myself to rot. I read GURPS-Lite, played the guitar, and kept reading... I didn't draw because I wasn't actually motivated to do it. I blame the heat. No matter. All I can tell is that I managed to do something different. I did write a lot, but most of it was in my journal and my diary, as I'm doing some instrospections and creating an emergency package if I suddenly lose my drive to keep going. However, I did do something of a challenge, and I want to repeat it for at least twice a day on weekdays: start a timer of 20 minutes, and write a story. It could be part of my WIP, it could be something new, it could be anything. It doesn't have to be perfect, and it won't be perfect, but the important thing is that I must have something. I ended up writing nearly 750 words in those 20 minutes, and the timer went off as soon as I finished a paragraph. I read that again, and it was something that I've had on my mind for a long time now; a fantasy that I don't know if it'll come true or no, but I am desperate to let it come true, because it's a goal of mine. That's what I had in my mind anyway, so I wrote about it, and ended up with a draft of 1212 words, which isn't my daily goal, but the fact that I managed to get half of my daily goal in 20 minutes was impressive.

So definitely I am doing this twice a day on a weekly bases. More so to accumulate seeds that I can work with for short stories so that I keep publishing instead of having to produce a new thing every single time. What's 40 minutes split in half and spent on different times of the day anyway? I'll have plenty of time to keep working on my WIP if I go this way.

Anyway, I'll have to say, auditing my day felt like I had a camera watching me all the time, forcing me to keep working. Today felt pretty productive, even if a powercut happened as soon as I was about to work. Still, good day. I like my progress, and I feel I can make a change. I just need to audit the rest of the week, and then I'll have an actual idea of what I must change. Maybe working without hours won't work for me as I previously thought. Maybe I do need to set a time for everything, but I must be flexible with those hours, taking into account that I'm always on call, and I'm always prone to fall victim to an unexpected powercut, like it happened last Friday.

Today was the Teacher's Day here too. Happy Teacher's Day to those who are teachers that are reading!

January 15th, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 30 Glute Flex +EC
Count: 1355 - 1351 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
:v: Croft - LVL II +EC
:v: 2 Extra Full Burpees
:v: DAREdice: 20 Full Burpees

Challenges:
:v: Daily HIIT: Day 15 +Full Burpees
Bucket List:
Epic Abs

Writing progress:
:v: Did only a 20-minute Speedrun to create a new short story

Reading progress:

Other Victories:
Played the guitar today!

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
I wish I noped my way out of things today, but I didn't... Time vampires attacked; they ate all of my time. I am, seriously, in the mood of doing a facedesk, because a facepalm is not enough to show my frustration. Aside from getting sidetracked at noon, I had errands to run for the entire day, plus I had to work. Now, I don't even have time to do anything, not even the 20-minute speedrun I thought I'd be doing.

There are no victories, except working out. It was a miracle that I did so, but then it is too late to fix things. I am just frustrated. I even had an anxiety attack at noon, while I got sidetracked, but that was mostly because of the many things I have to do, and how I realized I would feel like if I don't do any of them.

Thankfully, this popped up while I was working out:

I guess that was the anxiety cleanser I needed.

I also figured out that what I want is not as expensive as I previously thought, but it might be hard to find. I need to earn some money for it, and now I'm getting angry at a few things going wrong in my life. One of them I can fix, the other one I need to press my dad so that he can fix it, or go to town and fix it myself, which will be more effective, but also more stupid. It's a bike that I want to sell, and I don't have it with me; that's the fix. And, screw it, I can't fucking hide it no more: I want to learn pole dancing. I figured I've been already at a level of fitness that I can try it out, and I am looking to prepare myself for it, from strength to flexibility, even though I would acquire it as long as I keep dancing.

I won't abandon shuffle dance though. That is way too fun of a cardio, even if it is very, very taxing.

So yeah, I am going to cry myself to sleep because... no goals were accomplished today, except working out. I guess that's a victory, but there are days where I don't feel victorius at all. No matter. It's just a bad day. I will rise again tomorrow.

I am phoenix.

January 16th, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 20 Full Burpees +EC
Count: 1356 - 1352 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
:v: Croft - LVL II +EC
:v: DAREdice: 4 One-arm Push-ups

Challenges:
:v: Daily HIIT: Day 16
Bucket List:
Epic Abs

Writing progress:
:x: I wish it wasn't journaling...

Reading progress:

Other Victories:
Guitar class

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
ADHD won today, but not tonight. I have a lot of work to do, and I'll speedrun part of it so that I'll carry on tomorrow if I must.

I think my therapist now realizes he got it wrong the first time, after I read the first ten years of my life. I'm looking forward for next month. He also congratulated me on getting to 150 Burpees, and reminded me to keep moving things around on my whiteboard. He even wanted me to give him the quote that I have there (the Nora Roberts quote "I can edit a bad page. I can't edit a blank page"). It has been useful, though this week hasn't been as productive as I wanted. He also told me that distractions will occur, no matter what, so they shouldn't be antagonized as much as culture loves to do.

I agree. I've seen it in my work more than once, with different people of different group ages, regardless their mental conditions. A few seconds, maybe two minutes, it's ok. I know it flushes the mind, unclogs the pipes, and keeps things moving. The issue is when I engross myself in them.

Anyway, I spent most of the day sleeping. I woke up very early, he arrived a bit late, and there was a powercut... I just didn't do anything but be distracted with not writing. I will edit right now, though.

January 17th, 2024
Kickboxing: Day 145

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 60 Seconds Bear Plank Hold +EC
Count: 1357 - 1353 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
:x: Croft - LVL II +EC
:v: WoD: Temple Run - LVL III +No rest between sets
:v: One Kick (Side Kick) - LVL III +EC
:v: Splits +EC
:v: DAREdice: 12 Lunges

Challenges:
:v: Daily HIIT: Day 17
Bucket List:
Epic Abs

Writing progress:
:v: Edited a portion!

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Last edited:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
My elbows are peeling, and I'm blaming the bridges from Croft, and possibly the elbow plank. Even though I did the elbow plank today, I am going to skip those workouts for a moment to test if that's the case. I found out yesterday, but I just decided to make it a today thing. Is not a big sacrifice; it just means I'll switch workouts temporarily. Still, I missed doing Croft so often. It brought me back to when I started.

Speaking about starting, I am taking very small steps into this new journey leading to an Epic Destiny. I'm working on a few more things too, mostly about balancing everything that's been on my plate. I missed Qi Gong today, but it was because I didn't know we were returning to it today. No big deal, I'll go next week. Still, it worked good for me because, like I said, I'm still balancing stuff. Today I did a new exercise, something very similar that I did back when I found out I was transgender, but instead of doing it as a way to understand gender dysphoria and how horrible it feels, I'm doing it to separate myself from the thing that's putting me down. It's like this: myself, and a shadow self. The shadow self are the negatives, and myself are the positives. After auditing every day of this week, I'll be journaling and using that in order to see in what things I should change and what not, and this means that I'm ready to make more changes. Once again, I am taking very small steps, and today was no exception. Yesterday I left a question, and today I applied your suggestions. I didn't use a strap, but I used the stair's railguard instead of a pole. I did those stretches at the end of my Burpees, and...

Something happened. Something very cool. Now, I know that I can improve on my flexibility due to my latest victory with yoga this week. With some stretches I'm fine, but with others I can't even stretch at all. In fact, when I did Ustrasana, I almost triggered cramps all over my neck. I went more careful, and even got to the point where I just wanted to give up. I was like "screw this, I shouldn't be doing this, I'm going to hurt myself, I won't be on that pole at all," or something like that; I can't remember the words that I thought, but, as soon as that voice finished talking, I heard a scream coming from nowhere, like a banshee scream that came from the future. "OBVIOUSLY YES, YOU CAN'T DO IT! THAT'S BECAUSE YOU'VE NEVER DONE THIS! THAT IS WHY YOU ARE DOING THESE EXERCISES IN THE FIRST PLACE: SO YOU CAN DO IT!" it said.

I guess it was my future self screaming that I shouldn't leave it be a frustrated dream, or an illusion. It was obviously something I told myself, and it clicked. I carried on with it, more carefully this time, and finished my workout. I've never had something like that happen to me before, and it felt incredible. Since then, I'm just really motivated, so much so that I just busted out my femme clothes tonight. I don't even care if I'm not presentable, I'm just glad that it happened.

Let me be clear: this is not a victory. There were no victories today. I couldn't edit as much as I wanted; I had an annoyance with me all the time, and I couldn't immerse myself in the story. It was too long, the time was too little, so I switched to another story to edit, and even though it is shorter, it also requires a lot of work where I have to be immersed. I wanted to do it tonight, but the algorithm of memes trapped me, and now I'm having a small headache, asking me to go to sleep. I'll do my best, and if I deliver it late, then I'll deliver it late, but at least I'll do something this week. I am picking myself back up, I am starting everything anew...

I am organizing myself. I have a lot of things to do, and now that I have everything, it's only a matter of organizing myself better, but I can't organize myself properly if I don't audit myself. I'll keep on microjournaling for a while, until everything gets better. Having Obsidian in my phone for this is so amazing, and I became so used to it that I'm pretty much opening Obsidian more than any other app. All I need to do is read my week, audit which were the high points and the low points of the day, see how I use my time, and then schedule properly. Powercuts are annoying, but there are a few things I can do during a powercut. Once I have my hours put on, now I can start taking more small steps.

I am crawling right now. Figuratively, I am crawling. If the workout today says something, it means that I am crawling like a baby. But hey, as long as I'm moving forward, I am good. Again, I am phoenix.

Remember: if you're starting on a new path, don't be discouraged if you suck at it. Obviously you suck, because you have to suck. The only way to be better is to be bad first, and once you begin, it only gets better from there. The first time is always the worst. Patience, my friend.

January 18th, 2024
Kickboxing: Day 145

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 20 Shrimp Squats +EC
Count: 1358 - 1354 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
:v: Pole Dancing Stretches
:v: DAREdice: 10 Lunges, 20 Squats

Challenges:
:v: Daily HIIT: Day 18 +Full Burpees
Bucket List:
Epic Abs

Writing progress:
:v: Still editing. Even switched stories due to time constraints, but I'm still editing.

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Calling in sick for my writing. I didn't notice before, but I think I caught a bug last night. I'm feeling a bit awful, and it took a lot of willpower to do my workout today.

Then I realized that was because I'm not feeling well. I'm not writing, I'm not preparing, I will just recover.

The stretches almost made me cry when I did them, and I guess it's because I don't feel good.

Anyway, I did Queen of Hearts. You know, the previous version, with more reps:

Queen of Hearts EC 30 segundos descanso.jpg

Nothing else to say. Just wrote a couple of ideas so that I don't forget them, and that was it.

January 19th, 2024
Kickboxing: Day 146

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 40 Plank Rotations +EC
Count: 1359 - 1355 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
35 Full Burpees
35 Full Burpees
35 Full Burpees
35 Full Burpees
10 Full Burpees
:v: WoD: Innkeeper - LVL III +EC +Rest between levesl
:v: Queen of Hearts (the old version attached to this post) - LVL I +EC
:v: Pole Dancing Stretches
:v: DAREdice: 8 Full Burpees
:x: 2-Minute Elbow Plank

Challenges:
:v: Daily HIIT: Day 19
Bucket List:
Epic Abs

Writing progress:
:x: Calling in sick

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Thank you, fellow bees! :welcome:

I'm actually feeling much better now. Whatever got me those feverish symptoms last night is gone today. I had to keep a handkerchief close while training, though, but I managed to go through it without getting tired! I guess it was just nothing...

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"

Sometimes, I am amazed about myself. I said somewhere else, but I can calculate the average result of whatever number of whatever-sided dice can yield thanks to a formula that I've learned on 5e's Monster Manual, which makes it pretty easy to come up with averages for damage as well, including all bonuses, and average D20 rolls even. Yet, for things like this, I am as dumb as a rock. See #6 on Hamstring Stretch? That's literally #2 on the Pole Dance website, minus the strap! Why didn't I even think of that, I'm just-

No matter. Then, here's another fun little thing of today:

Maybe it should be known as Sólveig Mode, because as soon as I saw that on the WoD, I was like "yeah, I'll do it... once I feel better, I'll do it!" Then, after sleeping through whatever bug I caught, I felt much better today, and decided to do it today, so Sólveig Mode, indeed, because who the hell does 140 Burpees after being bedridden for hours due to a fever and flu-like symptoms that vanished only over one night sleep and extra hours? I mean, last time I was bedridden for days, I ended up doing 100 Burpees once I got out, and did it through 40 - 30 - 30 instead of my usual 4 x 25 Burpees. So now, not only I did 150 Burpees, but added 140 Burpees in the same training session, going further than the biggest amount of Burpees you can do in a single DAREBEE workout, which is this:

At LVL III: 200 Burpees. Add the EC, which is the same of 100 Burpees a Day challenge, and you'll see that it's literally death. Even though I took a longer than 30 seconds-break after finishing my 150 Burpees and starting Savage Mode, I still feel that was a lot more.

But because 290 Burpees was not enough, I decided to add 10 more Burpees to get a full round of 300 Burpees. So yeah, why not? Why not double the amount of Burpees on a single session, you crazy woman? Don't you think Dr. Royal Huddleston himself is even looking down at you with concern? What is it with you with Burpees? You used to hate them, why you do them every day?

I don't know. I love them, but not in the lovingly love way. Obviously it's difficult, and most of the time I end up avoiding the first Burpee long before I make it. When I rolled 8 Full Burpees yesterday, I actually tricked myself into doing those first before tackling the first set of 30*. I mean, once the challenge begins, I just want to finish it. I don't like to do them, but I do like the feel I have after I tackle the challenge. The benefit is that I have a lot more stamina than before, then again, I always had a huge chunk of stamina. Back in my swimming days, I was the only one at the school who swim backwards and didn't have troubles with it, and that was because I didn't get tired of it at all, whereas the rest always avoided the style. I guess it comes naturally that I do Burpees, because just like swimming, nobody likes them, but since I am good at them, why not challenge myself to do them, and even push myself further whenever I had the chance.

So, 300 Burpees in one training session. I went beyond Death By Burpees, yet it isn't one single workout. It's still a win, and I'm not planning to do 300 in a single workout... at least not yet, and I hope I don't make plans for it, but... I decided to increase my Burpees from 100 to 150 on a whim on the final day of 2023.

Anyway, even though I didn't write today, I feel much better now. Slept through the whole bug, and now I'm back... and way beyond where I was before. I didn't dance today because I debated myself on whether doing the WoD or dancing, and wasted so much time that, by the time I started working out, the sun settled. I did go to take a walk, though. It was my warmup instead of my sunset meditation.

* E: It should be known that I didn't realize I was sick until it was 9 PM and started to feel cold and shiver on a hot night. That's when I realized the reason I felt so lazy and very unenergetic yesterday to the point that a workout made me cry was because I was sick.

January 20th, 2024
Kickboxing: Day 146

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 30 Hop Heel Clicks +EC
Count: 1360 - 1356 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
:v: WoD: Sólveig Savage Mode - LVL III +EC +Rest between levels
:v: 10 Extra Full Burpees
:v: Hamstring Stretch
:v: 30 Seconds Side Splits
:v: DAREdice: 10 Lunges
:x: 2-Minute Elbow Plank

Challenges:
:v: Daily HIIT: Day 20
Bucket List:
Epic Abs

Writing progress:
:x: Nope, not today

Reading progress: