The Wonderbunny Playbook

Anek

Sorceress from Bavaria, Germany
Pronouns: She/her
"If the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember Cedric Diggory."
@NancyTree @roman @lofivelcro @JCU @Fremen @HellYeah @Haleth @Sólveig @Lady Celerity @TopNotch @Mianevem
Thank you! :thanku:

Second office day. Was very busy but productive. Then afterwards I went to a store to buy 1 pillow, and I ended up spending 5 times much as as I had planned, by buying more and more things. This is why I very rarely go shopping!!

Before breakfast
- 2 rounds sun salutations
- 20 posture each
- Quick warmup
- Workouts "Goblin" and "Blackbird" for the runes

And a quiet evening!

Tomorrow is a big and important meeting where hopefully we'll see a revolution against these idiots who are supposed to "represent" us and instead they only do things for their own pocket.

Have a great evening Bees!
:hooray:

Anek

"If the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember Cedric Diggory."
@Laura Rainbow Dragon @CODawn @BetaCorvi thank you! :thanku:

A new month! We had the big and important meeting and it went well. I even spoke up, in German, and did a decent job of it. Let's see if anything changes, but I have my doubts.

Before breakfast
- 20 posture each
- Quick warmup
- Total Burn day 1, level 3, round 10! I love this program.

And I was out for dinner with a friend so I'll have to double the days tomorrow with the afternoon programs.

Have a lovely evening Bees!
:love:

Anek

@Froud thank you!

Working from home day! I like being in the office but I love being able to sleep longer.

Before breakfast
- 20 posture each
- Quick warmup
- Total Burn day 2, level 1
- Unbound day 1

Before dinner
- 20 posture each
- Quick warmup
- Workout "Zombie" for the runes
- Push Pull Legs day 1+2
- Unbound day 2

Caught up!
And now spaghetti 🍝

:vibes:

Anek

Ahhh, Friday! Best day! I had lots of meetings today but they were all good, so not complaining.

Before breakfast
- 20 posture each
- Quick warmup
- Total Burn day 3, level 2

Before dinner
- 20 posture each
- Quick warmup
- Workouts "Zombie" and "Dark Elf" for the runes
- PPL day 3
- Unbound day 3

I'm making my favorite sweet potato and tempeh salad, can't wait!

Have a fantastic evening Bees!
:pose:

Anek

A very relaxing Saturday. Actually the plan was to do lots of things, but my husband drank too much last night so he basically spent the day sleeping and we didn't do anything of what was planned. Annoying! But I did a few things, so the day was not totally wasted.

Before breakfast
- 20 posture each
- Quick warmup
- Total Burn day 4 level 1
- Workout "Rogue Warrior" for the runes
- Unbound day 4

Anek

Another lazy day. At 6pm we started with one of the projects for the weekend, and did half of it. Now the glue needs to dry, so it's on hold till tomorrow.

Before breakfast
- 20 posture each
- Quick warmup
- Total Burn day 5, level 3
- PPL day 5
- Unbound day 5

Anek

Office day! I had to tell someone that they didn't pass the probation period and will need to leave in two months. That's never an easy conversation :sad:

Before breakfast
- 20 posture each
- Quick warmup
- Total Burn day 6, level 3

And yoga class in the evening which was nice.

Have a wonderful evening Bees!

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Pronouns: You there
"Every world spins in pain. If there is any kind of supreme being... it is up to all of us to become his moral superior. Vetinari/Pratchett"
That sounds horrible. How are you now?
And also, 2 months... that's way too long for someone to concentrate on doing their job, knowing it won't matter anyway.

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
"Striving to be the change."
Office day! I had to tell someone that they didn't pass the probation period and will need to leave in two months. That's never an easy conversation :sad:
:hug:

Giving people that news used to be my job. The company I worked for downsized while I was in that position and I had to do it with over half the staff. So unpleasant.
I agree with @Gandhalfit though. How on Earth does your company expect people to keep working for two months after having been given their termination notice? (Where I worked, we always gave people severance pay in lieu of notice. They turned in their office keys during my conversation with them, and the senior tech changed their passwords while I was talking to them.)

Anek

@Gandhalfit @Laura Rainbow Dragon fully agree, and we're placing them on garden leave from Monday (meaning they are released from their duties but keep being paid, not sure if "garden leave" is "our" terminology or if it's a common saying). This is to help them while they find a new job, we would never terminate someone from one day to the other, not even from one week to the other.
Let's hope they find something else soon, it's not an easy situation and I do feel sorry for them.
@Froud thanks!

Today was a good day, I even had a relatively good conversation with the idiots, which went well because my colleague and I simply ignored everything idiot #2 said and only spoke directly to #1, who might be an idiot for what he does but at least you can have a conversation like normal people with him. Let's see if anything comes out of it.

Before breakfast
- 20 posture each
- Quick warmup
- Total Burn day 7, level 1

Before dinner
- 20 posture each
- Quick warmup
- Workout Surefire, level 1
- Workout Bladesong, level 1
- PPL day 6+7
- Unbound day 6+8

And now a relaxing evening on the couch.

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
@Gandhalfit @Laura Rainbow Dragon fully agree, and we're placing them on garden leave from Monday (meaning they are released from their duties but keep being paid, not sure if "garden leave" is "our" terminology or if it's a common saying). This is to help them while they find a new job, we would never terminate someone from one day to the other, not even from one week to the other.
I have not heard that expression before. Here it is required (in most circumstances) to give an employee written notice of termination or pay in lieu of notice. It's just called pay in lieu of notice. The employee gets all the same material benefits as if they were still working, they just don't do the work anymore (or show up to the work site). The notice period is dependent upon length of time served (and sometimes additional factors). Two months notice (or pay in lieu of) would be extremely generous for someone terminated while still on probation. (Legally required notice for someone who has worked for a company less than one year is typically one week. For less than three months, no notice is required. After more than a year's service, the minimum is two weeks, with an additional week per year beyond two years. Again, there are exceptions. These are generally the minimums.)

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
One place I worked (not in HR) I knew a couple of kids who worked there in sales. They got paid minimum wage plus a commission. When they wanted to quit to leave town to attend university, they gave the employer two weeks' notice, which they mistakenly believed was the legal standard in Ontario. (There in fact is no legal standard here. Again, it's complicated, and there are situations in which an employee could be required to give considerably more than two weeks' notice. But there are also situations in which the employee can give much less, as was the case with these kids.) So the kids gave their notice. And the company said, "Screw you. Go home today. Here's one week's pay in lieu of notice." Which the company was legally entitled to do, because the kids had worked there for less than a year. (This was a horrible company to work for, and one that was eventually sued in an 8-figure class action lawsuit for multiple violations of employment standards legislation. But in this instance, they were legally in the right to offer the kids only one week's pay.) I personally have never worked anywhere else that behaved that badly towards its employees. But it does happen.

Anek

@Laura Rainbow Dragon wow, that company sounds bad!
I guess in our case it's basically like pay in lieu, only you're paid with the regular payroll run. And that way, if you find a new job starting right after the end of the two months, you have no employment gap in your CV.
But I must say, I'm very very glad I work in Europe!

A normal day. Got to play with Excel and I was able to put in a vlookup without having to look it up online first! :LOL: An achievement! :LOL:

Before breakfast
- 20 posture each
- Quick warmup
- Total Burn day 8, level 1

Before dinner
- 20 posture each
- Quick warmup
- Workout "Feeling Bold Today" level 3
- Unbound day 7

I'll make pumpkin risotto tonight!

Anek

Thanks @Laura Rainbow Dragon !

A good day with nothing special happening.

Before breakfast
- 20 posture each
- Quick warmup
- Total Burn day 9, level 2

Before dinner
- 20 posture each
- Quick warmup
- Workout "Storm Princess", level 1
- PPL day 9
- Unbound day 9

I'm reading a book that, among other things, follows a girl in Ireland in the 70s who gets pregnant and sent to a "mother and baby" home. It's insane, how could that happen, and for so long. Terrifying.

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Pronouns: You there
"Every world spins in pain. If there is any kind of supreme being... it is up to all of us to become his moral superior. Vetinari/Pratchett"
Garden leave sounds more than fair. Nice.
I don't think we have anything like that. It depends if someone is getting paid "by the hour" or "globally" with the latter giving people more benefits.

Congratulations. I hate v lookup. I got tired of looking how to do it so now I just play around with the inbuilt function until it works 🙃

Anek

Hehe @Gandhalfit I used to do that too, but it was taking way longer than googling it... I just don't use it often enough to get it really internalized. Ah well, that's why there's Google.

Today we had a change management workshop in the morning with half of the team, it was nice but I have to say, not life changing, at least for now. Second session in a few weeks, let's see.

Before breakfast
- 20 posture each
- Quick warmup
- Total Burn day 10, level 1

Then we stopped working after lunch and started doing work outside, we replaced a piece of the scaffolding, cut some wood, and drilled all the holes for the slatted frame for my side of the bed. And we installed it so I'm extra looking forward to going to bed tonight!

Anek

A quiet day! I bottled the kombucha, seeded the onions, and ran the wash. And tonight we went to a birthday party, which was nice! But I'm not used to being out so late.

Before breakfast
- 20 posture each
- Quick warmup
- Total Burn day 11, level 1
- PPL day 10+11
- Unbound day 10+11

Anek

Lazy Sunday!

Before breakfast
- 20 posture each
- Quick warmup
- Total Burn day 12, level 1
- Unbound day 12

Afternoon
- 40 minutes walk

Anek

@CODawn it's called "Waiting for the miracle", by Anna McPartlin. It's fiction, but based on real life stories.

Today was office day, which was fine and normal, and then in the evening my husband and I went on a date! A nice guy I met online, let's see if anything comes out of it.

Before breakfast
- 20 posture each
- Quick warmup
- Total Burn day 13, level 2

Before dinner
- 1 hour yoga class
- 30 minutes walk

Anek

Second office day! I met another friend for lunch, it was nice to catch up.

Before breakfast
- 20 posture each
- Quick warmup
- Total Burn day 14, level 1

Before dinner
- 20 posture each
- Quick warmup
- Workout "Daily Boost" level 1
- PPL day 13+14

And now a new book on the couch! Yay!

Anek

Third office day, same as previously. But afterwards I went shopping, bought some refills for my face lotions and then I went to the bookstore... The big one that has all sorts of books piled up with abandon and just invite you to explore and choose... It was a heavy bag on my shoulder afterwards, but I regret nothing :D

Before breakfast
- 20 posture each
- Quick warmup
- Total Burn day 15, level 1
- Unbound day 13

Before dinner
- 20 posture each
- Quick warmup
- Workout "Exercise Therapy"
- PPL day 15
- Unbound day 14+15

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Third office day, same as previously. But afterwards I went shopping, bought some refills for my face lotions and then I went to the bookstore... The big one that has all sorts of books piled up with abandon and just invite you to explore and choose... It was a heavy bag on my shoulder afterwards, but I regret nothing :D
I have a problem with that kind of shops (the ones that sell books) i can't enter one without buying tons of them (most of which I don't even read afterwards 😅) I have to keep far from those places when money is low...
Have a nice time reading !

Anek

@Tileenah I know what you mean! I try to limit these visits to when I've almost finished my to read pile, otherwise I risk re-buying interesting books that I already have but not read yet.

Fourth and last office day for the week, and also last day this week! I have off tomorrow because we wanted to go to the sauna with some friends, but one of them got sick so no sauna. Or I'll go on my own? 🤔

Before breakfast
- 20 posture each
- Quick warmup
- Total Burn day 16, level 1

Before dinner
- 30 minutes walk

:lovely:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
"..one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on.."
Fourth and last office day for the week, and also last day this week! I have off tomorrow because we wanted to go to the sauna with some friends, but one of them got sick so no sauna. Or I'll go on my own? 🤔
I do hope you went. It would be worth it. :ss:

Tileenah

Warrior from France
@Tileenah I know what you mean! I try to limit these visits to when I've almost finished my to read pile, otherwise I risk re-buying interesting books that I already have but not read yet.
You know, I never thought of it that way and it's so simple and effective : I will adopt your technique from now on😊
I hope you had a nice sauna-day if you went!

Anek

No sauna, instead I repotted several plants and enjoyed the sunshine on the terrace. Still good!
Also, why is it that if I ignore the plants and barely water them, they grow and multiply like there's no tomorrow? A neighbor gifted me a banana plant years ago, now I repotted 6. At least two have a new house by friends, but seriously! I wish my tomatoes would grow the same way!

Before breakfast
- 20 posture each
- Quick warmup
- Total Burn day 17, level 2
- PPL day 17
- Unbound day 16+17

Have a fantastic evening Bees!

Tileenah

Warrior from France
I think it depends on the plant... We have a banana tree in the garden of our current house (planted by the previous owners) and it grows and grows and grows... And has lots on tiny banana trees sprouting all around him so we have to cut them down if we don't want to have a forest of banana trees in the garden though we never tend to them (I'm a really bad gardener...) And I live in the french part of the alps so not the place you expect banana trees to thrive... :gotq:
But my tomatoes never get to the red part they are green at the end of summer and then stay green untill they rot on the spot :bigcry:
But then again, I'm bad at gardening 😅

Sólveig

Pirate from Cabudare - Venezuela
Pronouns: She/Her
"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Banana trees are quite resiliant, and they regenerate way too fast. I think they follow the same rate as the bamboo grows, but I haven't checked (because I have neither of those plants in my house, but we do happen to have a banana tree at the community center, and there are several banana trees at a community farm I go to). If you have a lot of space, it doesn't surprise me that they sprout a lot. Don't even try to get rid of them by cutting them altogether; I've seen one that was cut at the base in the morning, and by the afternoon, it was already close to the size it was. Seriously, they grow fast.

But, once you see the flower appearing on the tree, you know it's worth it. Homegrown bananas taste so much better than storebought.

Tomatoes, on the other hand, don't thrive as such. Either you plant seeds, or root a tomato cutting. Sometimes, after trimming the plant, a cutting might fall near and root itself without you even knowing. I haven't tried the second method on tomatoes (I still have plenty seeds), but planting seeds isn't difficult. By the third day, there's a tomato seedling growing already.

Tileenah

Warrior from France
@Sólveig that explains a lot with the banana trees! Although ours never give bananas because it's not the right weather around here 😅
And for the tomatoes I plant the seeds too but I think I water them too much sometimes and not enough other times, and I have to check the sun exposure too for next year. They didn't get enough light I think... I know one can grow them here without a greenhouse because my stepsister does and she lives in the same town as I. But she spends way more time tending to her garden and reading about it than I do, so that helps a lot 😊

Last edited:

Anek

@Tileenah @Sólveig the banana plants are in pots on my windowsill so they're never going to produce any banana... Also very much the wrong climate here. Tomatoes do ok, I start them from seed, but they're not showing the exuberance that these bananas show! :LOL:

Today we marked and drilled all the holes for the LEDs in the climbing wall. We're only halfway through with putting the LEDs in, because then my husband's girlfriend arrived and we had Krapfen and started reading the rules of a new quidditch card game. It's complicated! Three hours later we've only played one move...

Before breakfast
- 20 posture each
- Quick warmup
- Total Burn day 18, level 1
- PPL day 18
- Unbound day 20

Now we're waiting for pizza because with the game it got too late to make dinner :D

Anek

A good day! We went bouldering in the morning, and I finished a really good book in the afternoon (Sapiens, a short history of humanity).
And the video from the singing event is ready: https://fb.watch/iNCkE5v6Vl/
My friends and I are not visible, but that's ok, we were much in the back. I hope next month's event has a song I know! Today's event has one I don't know, so I'm skipping it.

Before breakfast
- 20 posture each
- Quick warmup
- Total Burn day 19, level 1
- PPL day 19
- Unbound day 18+19

After breakfast
- 1,5 hours bouldering

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
I have to check the sun exposure too for next year. They didn't get enough light I think...
If your tomatoes are still green at the end of the growing season, I think this might well be the case.

Where I live, people start their tomato plants indoors, two months before we can plant them outside. I put my seedlings outside way later than everyone else one year, and people told me: "You're too late. You should have planted a month ago!" But I got a great crop from those tomatoes. People also told me I was planting them far too close together. (I didn't have a choice. I had far too many plants for the tiny space I had for them. About eight or ten plants I just transferred into larger pots and left these on the wall around our front deck.) My tomato garden grew into a jungle! I got lots of fruit from it. But what I was not able to harvest I just left to fall to the ground. The tomatoes re-seeded themselves, and I got a huge crop again the next year after planting nothing at all myself, and a decent crop again the year after that. These were all cherry tomatoes though. They don't need as long of a growing season as the larger varieties.

Anek

@JCU @Lady Celerity @Nanna Io it was! I'm really looking forward to another one!
@HellYeah I agree, my hands a bit less... :D
@Laura Rainbow Dragon I think a lot of the results also depend on the weather. Two years ago we had a very wet summer and all my plants died of a fungus. Last year it was very dry, and they all survived well. But production was limited because of the lower water, despite regular waterings from me.

A normal office day!

Before breakfast
- 20 posture each
- Quick warmup
- Total Burn day 20, level 2

Before dinner
- 1 hour yoga class

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
@Laura Rainbow Dragon I think a lot of the results also depend on the weather. Two years ago we had a very wet summer and all my plants died of a fungus. Last year it was very dry, and they all survived well. But production was limited because of the lower water, despite regular waterings from me.
For sure! A lot of things will rot with too much water and underproduce with too little. The fruit not ripening issue though I do think is caused by too little sunlight during the growing season (which can be impacted by seasonal changes in the weather too, like an early frost shortening the growing season and killing the plants prematurely.)

Anek

@Laura Rainbow Dragon that's a good point, yes!

@NancyTree yes!

Half day today because carnival! Sadly (or luckily?) the bakery had ran out of Krapfen by the time I got there.
The weather was glorious, so we thought we'd go ahead with the roof, but the carpenter came by and he and my husband spent hours talking about how to do the next part... So I pruned the trees and weeded the veggie garden, and we did no roof work. Afterwards we started emptying the back corridor so that we can install the batteries for the solar system. So the afternoon was not wasted, just not as we had planned.

Before breakfast
- 20 posture each
- Quick warmup
- Total Burn day 21, level 2

:lovely: