Mamatigerj's Journal

Mamatigerj

from CentralTX, USA
Pronouns: she/her
Thank you, @Anek, @JCU, @Fremen, @Haleth, @Obsinosterous, @Syrius, @MadamMeow, and @NancyTree! :lovely:

THURSDAY 13 JUNE 2024
  • Kanary 1 set substituted Squat Punches for lunge punches
  • 15 minute stretching video
FRIDAY 14 JUNE 2024
  • 20 minutes calisthenics & stretching
SATURDAY 15 JUNE 2024
:star: Bought a sofa!
  • 40 minute (approximately 2 miles) walk inside

Last edited:

neilarey

Administrator
DAREBEE Team
Shieldmaiden from Greece
"Trust The Awesomeness"
Happy Birthday!!!!

Happy Birthday GIF by Mumbai Indians

Mamatigerj

from CentralTX, USA
Thank you for the birthday wishes @Fremen, @neilarey, @graoumia, @JCU, @NancyTree, @PetiteSheWolf, @Anek, @Obsinosterous, @MadamMeow, @Syrius, @Maegaranthelas. @Haleth, and @CODawn!:heartsit: I had a wonderful day! All of my children dropped by in the evening for some yummy Venezuelen dinner and my traditional strawberry shortcake for dessert. Both of my sons bought me flowers, and then i had a girls' night with 4 of my daughters; we were supposed to go downtown to visit a bookstore with a wine bar, but it was closed for a private event, so we just went to my daughter's house.:heart:

Mamatigerj

from CentralTX, USA
So, i am back to the Hive after a 5-week hiatus. We have returned to Texas for the foreseeable future.
(I made a long-term-but-temporary move to Colorado 2 years ago to care for my grandson. My husband works remotely, so he traveled back and forth. The plan was to stay there through this summer, living in my daughter's very nice basement, and when my granddaughter went back to school my grandson would be 2 and would go to daycare. Well, my oldest daughter got pregnant; i came to Texas to help her; Colorado daughter & family decided that they missed everybody too much; her husband applied for a job here and got it; they found a Texas house to rent and tenants for their Colorado house; we went back to Colorado for 3 weeks in May, packed everything up, and have been home now for 5 weeks.)
Texas in the summer is still one of my least favourite things! But it is nice to be near all of my kids and grandkids. During the week i care for 3 of my grands, the 2 who were in Colorado, and the newest baby born in March. I am slowly working to declutter, clean, and update my house, including setting up a regular space to work out.

As far as exercise goes, it has been minimal. I am really struggling with the heat & humidity, but i managed to get my 1-year badge as well as keep my Kanary streak for 1 year (which was my goal), and i have a plan for July:
  • July Challenge: Better Core
  • Program: Recovery
  • Exercise of the Day when possible
  • Daily Walk: 1 mile/20 minutes; inside or outside or 30+ minutes treading water at the pool
  • i still have one week left of 60 Days of Walking, but it may stay on hold until cooler weather

Last edited:

Mamatigerj

from CentralTX, USA
Thank you, @graoumia for checking in on me!
:heartsit:
I am doing well.

So, July was pretty much a bust in terms of exercise (so much for my plan), but i was productive in other areas. I don't know if it is ADD (i suspect, but have never been diagnosed) or what, but i can only seem to stay on top of 1 or 2 things in life at a time. This month i got a lot of deep cleaning and decluttering done as well as keeping up with the daily things like dishes and laundry, and taking care of 3 of my grandchildren. I also got more reading done. Counting my victories and moving on.

TUESDAY 30 JULY 2024
WEDNESDAY 31 JULY 2024
I will continue with Recovery (just 1 day from this point) through Sunday 11 August.
I am excited about the August Challenge: Stomach Vacuums and will start it tomorrow.
My husband has a business trip to Annapolis, Maryland next week, and i am going along. I hope to be able to finish up 60 Days of Walking while we are there.
Once home, i will start SOMA 40+ on Monday 12 August; i am very excited about this one!

:heart:In other news: on Sunday we found out that grandbaby #8 is due to arrive next spring!:heart:

Mamatigerj

from CentralTX, USA
@graoumia and @MadamMeow :sendlove:

THURSDAY 1 AUGUST 2024
~Day 1 (because the last 2 days were less than 15 minutes)

:v: Begin each day with a Hug
:v: Counting Blessings
:v: Morning Meditation
  • Exercise of the Day (Fighting Cancer)
  • August Challenge: Stomach Vacuums day 1
  • Program : Recovery day 5
  • Workout of the Day: Wipe Out level 1 +ec substituted Step Jacks for Jumping Jacks & Basic Burpees for Burpees
:v:Counting Victories

Slowly catching up with check-in threads. I have missed you all!

Last edited:

Mamatigerj

from CentralTX, USA
Thank you, @Syrius, @NancyTree (that is a lovely expression!), and @aku-chan! :loveit:

FRIDAY 2 AUGUST 2024

:v: Begin each day with a hug
:x: Morning Meditation
:v: Counting Victories

Mamatigerj

from CentralTX, USA
Thank you, @CODawn!:heartsit:

SUNDAY 4 AUGUST 2024

:v:
Begin each day with a hug
:v:
Morning Meditation

• Personal DareBee Workout Challenge #419/Fighting Cancer: Maxima level III +ec (dif.1)
:v: Counting Victories
:v: End the day with a hug

Last edited: