♡ The Long and Winding Road: A Daydream Believer Finding Nirvana ♡

LizardFriend95

Warrior from The Yellow Submarine in the Merry Old Land of Oz
Pronouns: she/her
"I’m so happy, cause today I found my friends. They’re in my head."
So... it's been a little while. Right now, our downstairs bathroom is getting redone. The dogs are locked in the living room with us. This leaves me in there a lot longer than normal and by the time the workers go home, it's late. So I haven't done proper yoga in a while. I'm really feeling the lack of yoga. Hopefully they'll be done in a couple more days and I can get back into a better routine.

Since the first, though, I have been getting in at least 6,000 steps. I've been doing my bedtime yoga go-to, but nothing beyond that.

LizardFriend95

As of last Wednesday, our bathroom is done! Finally! It's now purple.

It felt so good to do yoga again. The back tension is pretty much gone now. I did yoga for back pain the first day, then jumped back into the 30 Days of Yoga. I ended up doing the last one I'd done before all this again on accident. Skipped proper yoga Saturday and Sunday. Didn't get 6,000 steps in on Saturday. On Monday and Tuesday I did the Better Legs Challenge with the Booty Maxx equipment I have. I discovered that doing the back leg raises is what kills my back. Apparently I can't get myself in a proper position when I'm doing that. I might have to do back leg raises off the Booty Maxx.

Last Tuesday, they had a Nirvana category on Beat Shazam. Fully expected Smells Like Teen Spirit to pop up during it, but it didn't! My aunt had the nerve to ask me the next day if I knew the songs. I said, "How dare you question me." Though, this is the second time one of my favorite bands had a moment on Beat Shazam, and both times people messed it up a little for me. First time was the Beatles, and my aunt hollered out the answers trying to beat me to it when we had to pause it while I got Rolo situated, so we were behind a little. This time my dad and brother came in and yapped. I got all the songs anyway, but it would have been nice to enjoy it without interruptions. I do get a little more annoyed that I should though, lol.

Diamond painting update: The Beatles one I'm doing has a pure blue background, so I had decided to do the background first, then the Beatles one by one. John is almost done, and then I have to do Paul and George. Only thing is... John only has one eye. This is the largest one I've done so far, but it needed to be larger than it is for all the details. Something about his glasses and the shadows makes his eye that's in the shadow pop out, while the other is just not there. It's one of those where if you back up it's clearer, so I can see the outline of his glasses if I lean back. But up close, my dude is a cyclops.

I need to get back into reading all your logs! I don't think I'll ever get caught up, though.

LizardFriend95

October 2, 2024
♡ Yoga with Adriene 30 Day Yoga Journey Day 29
♡ Yoga with Adriene Meditation for Anxiety

I really hate 4-7-8 breathing. How are you only supposed to breathe in for that short amount of time and be expected to breathe it all out?

It has been so busy here. My dad had been having trouble with his balance, but my dad is kind of dramatic so we never know when he's faking something or when it's real. He had MRIs and CAT scans done, and our doctor could never see anything. Our doctor said it could be ALS, which is not a good diagnosis. We asked if it could have been a pinched nerve or something, and the doctor said that wouldn't do that. He referred my dad to a neurologist, which takes forever and my dad isn't allowed to go back to work without doctors approval. We got him to go to the emergency room where they did all kinds of tests and found out that he had a compressed spinal cord. It was so bad they doctors up there said most people who have their spinal cords like that are paralyzed. He had surgery on the 14th. I had to take him for walks after he came home. Now, I'm having to help him do his physical therapy. Which is fine.

Last week, my back started to feel sore. I had done yoga a couple days when I finally found time, and it didn't help the soreness in my back. Found out I was starting to come down with something, so I was taking it easy and drinking some tea to get better. The most I did was walk with my dad, which isn't a workout for me because we're going slow.

On Tuesday of that week, we had a freak hail storm. We weren't expected to have any severe weather, it had been nice all day, and then that happened. I don't like hail, but I'm usually okay with it. It usually doesn't trigger my anxiety that bad. But of course we get the text alerts (actually everyone else did. I turned them off on my phone), which triggers my anxiety. Okay, not great but just a severe thunderstorm with the obvious threat of hail. But we had been trying to watch Wheel of Fortune before it hit, and I saw on the news tornado alert. Wasn't in our area, but guess what that does to my anxiety? My therapist had given me a list of breathing exercises to try, and the easiest one to remember is the even breathing one. So I'm trying to do that because even though I know at this point it's just hail, my anxiety was spiked. Then my aunt comes over to tell me to breathe. Lady. What do you think I'm trying to do?

My therapist could tell that I had more anxiety than usual the next day. She had me do neurofeedback that day. She wasn't going to start trying that with me until later this year, but because of the wonderful storm we had...

This week she asked if I ever tried meditation. I told her I have in the past but I haven't in a while. So I'm trying to do that more. The goal is for me to "get as calm as possible" so I'm better prepared for our storm season.

Aunt DS also went to the hospital last week because of her smoking. This is like the third or fourth time she's gone to the hospital for that reason.

Through all this, I didn't have time for my diamond painting. I was able to write today and yesterday, so that's something.

LizardFriend95

@JCU Thank you! I'm hoping things will start to settle soon. It's been way too busy lately.

Hopefully it helps. My dad keeps asking me if my sessions are helping me, and I keep telling him I won't really know until storm season. So we'll see!

LizardFriend95

October 3, 2024
♡ Yoga with Adriene 30 Day Yoga Journey Day 30
♡ Yoga with Adriene Meditation for Inner Peace

Meditation is a little hard in a full house...

Helped my dad with his physical therapy exercises.

So I've recently gotten last.fm. I actually had one over a decade ago, but couldn't remember how to get into it. I guess it wouldn't have mattered anyway, because I'm pretty sure I ended up using the same email for both accounts. I ended up finding the profile of my old account, though. I've been trying to build up my base on it with the artists I usually listen to so my stats aren't wildly different from my usual stuff. So I've kind of stopped listening to albums for the time being. I'm almost done with that, but I have been listening to some different things. Halloween music and murder ballads. It is spooky season, after all. Only problem is some of the "murder ballads" in some Spotify playlists aren't actually murder ballads at all.

I've fully switched to wireless headphones. I miss my usual ones, but it is nice to be able to move around while listening. It's also nice to not have to worry about my lovely little fur babies tangling themselves in the wires.

LizardFriend95

October 5-7, 2024
♡ At least 10 Minutes Balance Board

Still taking dad for walks and supervising his rehab exercises. We got him a bunch of stuff to work his hands, so he's starting that. Also got him on my balance board for a few minutes. Dad keeps asking me the same questions. "How many minutes should I do this?" Just as long as you think you can. He keeps saying that he has trouble with some of the hand exercises. I keep telling him it's fine, it'll get easier the more he does it. Does not stop him from saying the same things over and over and over...

LizardFriend95

October 8, 2024
♡ 10 Minutes Balance Board

Whatever is going around right now is making motivation kind of hard. I think it's different from what I started to get a little while ago. This one is making me kind of nauseous. I actually felt like I could get sick Sunday night, and the last few days I've been super nauseous in the morning. Mom is having that problem, too. The balance board doesn't mess with my stomach, but forward folds would not be wise right now. Also trying to find time to myself to write is a little difficult.

LizardFriend95

@JCU @MadamMeow @Fremen @Sólveig Thank you all!

October 8-11, 2024
♡ At least 10 Minutes Balance Board

The last couple of days, the nausea has been better/non-existent. Still a little afraid to rush into more exercise. Might wait a bit more to make sure I'm still good, since I never know when it's going to hit.

My nephew came over! We haven't seen him since he started his job, since he works on weekends. He said my dad's first pet was a T-Rex.

Aunt DS came in from outside and made a comment about my mom's dog being "the cutest little dog." My little Fonzie was on my lap and he hops up and starts barking at my aunt. He did not stop until she said he was cute, too. I always call Fonzie "the cutest little Chihuahua," so I guess he didn't like another dog being called cute.

LizardFriend95

October 17, 2024
♡ Darebee Standing Core Workout, 1 set (rotations, side bends, and twists done on balance pods)

Got to see my nephew again! We went out to lunch with my cousin and her kids.

When we went to pick up my nephew, Fonzie jumped up. I think he thought we were going on a walk with dad. He seemed a little confused when we got in the car. He got kind of antsy when we were in the driveway waiting on my nephew. He really loves just looking at things. He perked up when he saw my nephew. I don't think he noticed that he got in the car. It took him a second to realize he was there (we were in the passenger seat and nephew was behind us) and he got happy when he noticed. This baby shouldn't be that cute.

I only did one set of the workout because it was late by the time I got around to it.

LizardFriend95

October 18, 2024
♡ 30 bridges, 30 clamshells, and 30 leg lifts
♡ Quick freestyle yoga

Took my dad for a walk again with Fonzie. Our neighbor was pulling into his driveway as we were leaving, so of course my dad had to stop to talk. It's a laundry day! I have stuff to do! But Fonzie got so excited to see our neighbor. He's always been friendly to strangers, but I've never seen him like this. When our neighbor started walking over to us, Fonzie stood up in my arms to try to get to him and he was whining. It was so hard to hold onto him. Our neighbor did pet him, but Fonzie wanted to get into his face. I didn't let him, so instead he turned to my dad and got in his face. This baby.

Stole some of my dad's rehab exercises. Did the bridges on the balance pods. All exercises done while watching Celebrity Ghost Stories.

LizardFriend95

October 22, 2024
♡ Short walk with mom and dad*
♡ 31 bridges, 31 clamshells (each side), and 31 leg lifts (each side)

*The walk isn't really a workout for me, but it is movement. Fonzie really enjoys this.

Got my mom to do my dad's rehab exercises. She did both sheets. I only stole three exercises to do.

Back