Rainbow Dragon's Lair

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
Pronouns: She/her
Even when the count is to 3000 reps?

In these cases my OCD brain sides with too many rather than too little. If I were to ask myself, did I just do 40 or 60, I'd decide to go with 40 and do another 20. And maybe another 10 on top of that... just in case.

I usually count like this:

Right side backfist ... 1
Left side backfist ... 1
Right side... 2
Left side... 2

So I end up counting 40 backfists as 20. Edited to add - this is why I way overdid the amount of jacks in The Olympian. And only realized it like three days later. LOL

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
"Striving to be the change."
If I were to ask myself, did I just do 40 or 60, I'd decide to go with 40 and do another 20. And maybe another 10 on top of that... just in case.
Same. Even if there's no push-ups avoidance involved, I'll still assume I'm on the lower number and do more reps. Even if the exercise I'm doing is push-ups, I'll go with the lower number and do more. It's a matter of honour! (I just seem to be more likely to miscount when my brain is fixated on the fact that push-ups are coming up soon.)

Left side backfist ... 1
Right side... 2
Left side... 2

So I end up counting 40 backfists as 20. Edited to add - this is why I way overdid the amount of jacks in The Olympian. And only realized it like three days later. LOL
One of my problems with counting punches is that I can punch faster than I can count. I lose track of the count because I'm trying to verbalize the numbers--at least in my head--and that takes too long. Counting only ever other rep would help in this regard. But then I'd probably forget I was doing that and end up doing many extra reps too.

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
50 years ago today my family and I crossed Rainbow Bridge in Niagara Falls and set foot on Canadian soil for the first time. We have celebrated Rainbow Day on the 12th of January ever since.

It's a bittersweet celebration this year, for the obvious reasons.

Much as my father was ready to go when he did. And I'm glad that his suffering (and mine and my mothers, as regards to that) is over, I'm sad he didn't quite make it to our half century in Canada. The man lived his life well. The choice he made to come to Canada, and the work he did to get us all here, was a big part of that.

As for my mother: she made it to 50 years. But she doesn't know that she did. She doesn't know what day it is or even what year it is anymore. We're not even certain she still knows she's in Canada.

But I'm still here. And much as my own life has been thrown into upheaval now, I am still grateful to be here and I am still grateful to all of you, who have shared your friendship and support with me and blessed my life in Canada.

So THANK YOU.

I shall be raising a glass (likely of water or a nice herbal tea) to your health tonight, hoping the universe sees fit to gift us with many more years of friendship to come, and to the memory of my father, whose dream and hard work brought me to this country in the first place.

Wassail!

RainbowDay2021.png

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Wassail, Canadian Dragon ;) !
Coffee Cafe GIF by Rowin Dreef

Syrius

Valkyrie from The Sonoran Desert
Pronouns: she/her
"Energy and persistence conquers all things. -Benjamin Franklin"

Left side backfist ... 1
Right side... 2
Left side... 2
That's how I count them too!
One of my problems with counting punches is that I can punch faster than I can count.
I feel that! I usually end up just counting one hand and hope for the best. (On higher rep counts I end up doing extra punches, but extra punches are good, right?)
I shall be raising a glass (likely of water or a nice herbal tea) to your health tonight, hoping the universe sees fit to gift us with many more years of friendship to come, and to the memory of my father, whose dream and hard work brought me to this country in the first place.

Wassail!
Wassail! Congratulations on your Rainbow Day and 50 years in Canada.
cup of tea illustration GIF by Nazaret Escobedo

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
My birthday run is done!

There are definitely times when this tradition makes me wish I was born in September.

runweather.png

I got bundled up and got out there first thing though, because the forecast is actually for things to get worse as the day progresses.

Thank you for joining me on this, @HellYeah . I might have wimped out and substituted another indoor exercise otherwise. But I'm glad that I didn't! It is good to feel badass on one's 53rd birthday.

Also: I am grateful for technical clothing that is both warm and lightweight. That wind was challenging. When the headwind gusted it was pretty much like swimming in one of those swim-in-place pools where you have to fight just to maintain your position. But I was not cold.

bundled-up.png

Now let's see if I can't get those push-ups done before breakfast is ready!

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
This morning i did:
  • 53 second Tree Pose (each leg)
  • 53 second Cow Face Pose (each side) I attempted the Hands Free Turn in between, but couldn't quite do it. I will try again later.
  • 53 Basic Burpees + extension (14, 13, 13, 13)
  • 53 Palm Strikes
I plan to do more later.
Great work @Mamatigerj ! And thank you!

I have done my burpees. I am saving the nicer stuff (tree, cow face) for later.
Will do all the martial arts stuff together this afternoon.

Mamatigerj

from COSprings/CentralTX
Pronouns: she/her
Done at midday:
  • 10 Hands-Free Cow Face Turn Transitions!
  • 53 Toe Tap Hops
  • 11 Hands-Free Cow Face Turn Transitions!
  • 53 Side Jacks
  • 17 Hands-Free Cow Face Turn Transitions!
  • 53 Dead Bugs
  • 15 Hands-Free Cow Face Turn Transitions! I can't believe i did them! Thank you so much for the challenge and the video; i watched it so many times. Mine were certainly not as graceful as yours, but they were such fun!