To Forge an Ironmaiden...

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
Pronouns: She/her
So I've learned that this hurt in my knees, or what I can only describe as a feeling of "sand between the bones", may be due to Jumper's Knee, according to Dr. Google.

It's the only one that makes sense because I do enjoy all things jumping. Jumping jacks, high knees, hops, etc. And, well, I enjoy over exerting myself.

What doesn't make sense are the possible treatments.

Some sites suggest continuing things like squats to strengthen the quadriceps, which inevitably strengthen the tendons around the knee cap. Just at a lower intensity.

Others say to rest the tendons until the pain goes away.

Visiting a physiotherapist is out of the question.

So now I don't really know what to do with this information. :gotq:

The pain isn't debilitating, but irritating enough that I know it's there when I bend or straighten my knees.

And that darned scratchy, sandy feeling between the bones when I walk.

Workouts:

✔Fit December D26, 5 sets, 1min rest between sets.
✔EotD
🚫5 Minute Strength. 8.8lb Dumbells. Again, because knees.
✔Power Squat Challenge D26
✔Dead Hang Challenge D18
✔5 Minute Empty Bowl Meditation

In other news for yesterday:

Writing:

🚫200 words
✔300 words
🚫500 words

Diet:

🚫20% Done
✔50% Done
🚫100% Done

Reading for Writing Inspiration:

⏺The Oversight Trilogy - 31%
⏺Treachery in Death - 2%
⏺Son of the Morning: Banners of Blood - 10%

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
I'm supposed to record my weight everyday for the observation period with this new diet, until Jan 10.

Look at this mess. No wonder my brain is messed up.

12 Dec Day 1 - 57.8kg
13 Dec Day 2 - 57.8kg
14 Dec Day 3 - 58.2kg [DOMS]
15 Dec Day 4 - 58.3kg
16 Dec Day 5 - 57.9kg
17 Dec Day 6 - 57.9kg
18 Dec Day 7 - 58.4kg {58kg avg}

19 Dec Day 8 - 58.4kg
20 Dec Day 9 - 57.8kg
21 Dec Day 10 - 58.1kg
22 Dec Day 11 - 58.2kg [Shark week]
23 Dec Day 12 - 58.9kg
24 Dec Day 13 - 59kg
25 Dec Day 14 - 58.6kg {58.4kg avg}

26 Dec Day 15 - 57.5kg

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
"Striving to be the change."
So I've learned that this hurt in my knees, or what I can only describe as a feeling of "sand between the bones", may be due to Jumper's Knee, according to Dr. Google.

It's the only one that makes sense because I do enjoy all things jumping. Jumping jacks, high knees, hops, etc. And, well, I enjoy over exerting myself.

What doesn't make sense are the possible treatments.

Some sites suggest continuing things like squats to strengthen the quadriceps, which inevitably strengthen the tendons around the knee cap. Just at a lower intensity.

Others say to rest the tendons until the pain goes away.

Visiting a physiotherapist is out of the question.

So now I don't really know what to do with this information. :gotq:

I am NOT a medical professional. I am a lifelong athlete who has dealt with sports injuries in the past. I have trained as a fitness instructor and yoga teacher. I also have basic first aid training and amateur coaching experience. Everything I am about to write here is from this perspective.

1. I am obligated to advise you to get a professional medical opinion, if at all possible. I know from experience such opinions are not always helpful. [I once went to see a general practitioner about an injured foot that turned out to be a severe case of plantar fasciitis. My foot was so bad, I could not walk on it or even bear weight to stand on it. But there was a walk-in medical clinic kitty-corner to where I lived. So I put on the softest, easiest to get on and off, pair of shoes I owned. (Even putting on and taking off shoes hurt!) And I hobbled across the road to the clinic, where I was sent into an examining room to wait. Eventually a doctor opened the door to the exam room. He did not enter the room! He stood in the doorway and said, "I can tell your foot isn't broken because you are wearing nice shoes. Go home and take an aspirin." Then he turned and walked away. No joke.] But medical doctors generally do have access to diagnostic tools which you do not. If you're able to get x-rays or other imaging done, it will give you a clearer picture of what you are dealing with that will better inform your road to recovery than general interest articles you can find on the Web. [Physiotherapy was not an option for me when I injured my foot either. In Canada, most services provided by a general practitioner are covered by our universal healthcare insurance. Physiotherapy is not covered (except for hospital patients, which I was not). But I was eventually helped by a GP with an additional year's training in sport medicine at a different clinic, who diagnosed my injury accurately and gave me appropriate rehab exercises to do for it at home.]

2. The appropriate rehab for the acute phase of almost any injury is RICE (rest, ice, compression, elevation). You played hard in the snow fight. Your knee pain could well be a result of that. I would recommend RICE for at least a couple of days. You won't lose conditioning, lose your exercise habit, or gain weight from the lifestyle change in such a short amount of time. (And you can still do upper body and core-focused workouts while resting your knees, in any case.) Give your knees a break for at least a couple of days, and see how they feel after that.

3. When you do return to working your knees, the rule of thumb I was given by a physiotherapist (when I could afford to see one, many years later, for a different injury) was this: You never want your injury to hurt more at the end of a workout than at the beginning. You don't do nothing until there is no pain, because this would result in a break from your training that is too long and causes too much de-conditioning, and physiotherapy generally does require strengthening of the injured area to prevent the injury from recurring. But if at the start of your workout your knees only hurt a little, but by the end of it they hurt a lot, you have done too much. Tendonitis can progress to torn tendons if you continue down a path of making the injury worse. You do not want that!

I hope your recovery will be quick and thorough!

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
I am NOT a medical professional. I am a lifelong athlete who has dealt with sports injuries in the past. I have trained as a fitness instructor and yoga teacher. I also have basic first aid training and amateur coaching experience. Everything I am about to write here is from this perspective.

1. I am obligated to advise you to get a professional medical opinion, if at all possible. I know from experience such opinions are not always helpful. [I once went to see a general practitioner about an injured foot that turned out to be a severe case of plantar fasciitis. My foot was so bad, I could not walk on it or even bear weight to stand on it. But there was a walk-in medical clinic kitty-corner to where I lived. So I put on the softest, easiest to get on and off, pair of shoes I owned. (Even putting on and taking off shoes hurt!) And I hobbled across the road to the clinic, where I was sent into an examining room to wait. Eventually a doctor opened the door to the exam room. He did not enter the room! He stood in the doorway and said, "I can tell your foot isn't broken because you are wearing nice shoes. Go home and take an aspirin." Then he turned and walked away. No joke.] But medical doctors generally do have access to diagnostic tools which you do not. If you're able to get x-rays or other imaging done, it will give you a clearer picture of what you are dealing with that will better inform your road to recovery than general interest articles you can find on the Web. [Physiotherapy was not an option for me when I injured my foot either. In Canada, most services provided by a general practitioner are covered by our universal healthcare insurance. Physiotherapy is not covered (except for hospital patients, which I was not). But I was eventually helped by a GP with an additional year's training in sport medicine at a different clinic, who diagnosed my injury accurately and gave me appropriate rehab exercises to do for it at home.]

2. The appropriate rehab for the acute phase of almost any injury is RICE (rest, ice, compression, elevation). You played hard in the snow fight. Your knee pain could well be a result of that. I would recommend RICE for at least a couple of days. You won't lose conditioning, lose your exercise habit, or gain weight from the lifestyle change in such a short amount of time. (And you can still do upper body and core-focused workouts while resting your knees, in any case.) Give your knees a break for at least a couple of days, and see how they feel after that.

3. When you do return to working your knees, the rule of thumb I was given by a physiotherapist (when I could afford to see one, many years later, for a different injury) was this: You never want your injury to hurt more at the end of a workout than at the beginning. You don't do nothing until there is no pain, because this would result in a break from your training that is too long and causes too much de-conditioning, and physiotherapy generally does require strengthening of the injured area to prevent the injury from recurring. But if at the start of your workout your knees only hurt a little, but by the end of it they hurt a lot, you have done too much. Tendonitis can progress to torn tendons if you continue down a path of making the injury worse. You do not want that!

I hope your recovery will be quick and thorough!

Thank you for your advice! I guess I'll do that for a few days. The knees can rest while I challenge the arms. I see push-ups in the near-future...

The only physiotherapist around here, I'm afraid, is in the state hospital.

State hospitals in South Africa are not nice places to be. And the physios there are usually rotating students.

There is a radiologist there, but I don't put much faith in them.

Reason being, 3 years ago my husband broke the bones of metatarsal 3 and 4 in his foot. Not the toes, but INSIDE the foot.

We didn't have the money, and still don't, for a "real" hospital. So we went to a state facility. The orthopedic surgeon, the radiologist, and the physiotherapist all told him the bones were aligned and would heal in time.

He spent 9 months, yes 9, with his foot in a cast. It's now been three years. He still complains daily of pain in that foot, even if he just stands on it for a few hours. And I have to keep him from taking six aspirins on a daily basis.

And nobody here seems to know what the heck is going on.

Personally, from what I've seen on the x-rays, I believe the bones weren't entirely aligned, and so they didn't mend correctly.

Needless to say, I don't put much faith in the professionals at state-owned facilities. Not to mention you spend an entire day waiting to be served.

If I have to go to a "real" physio, I'd have to travel one heck of a distance, as well as pay a hefty consultation fee. Which my hubby, definitely would not pay.

Anyway, I know you're not a professional, but you are sort of in the sense that you know yoga and what should and shouldn't stretch.

I suppose I shouldn't let my anxieties get in the way of recovery. Because you're right, tearing something is definitely what I don't want. That would be a disaster.

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
So my brother has gone home. And there is relative peace in the house again. It's pretty cold and rainy here today.

Tomorrow morning's training will be interrupted because I have to take my grandfather to the Doctor's for check-ups. He has to be there at 8 a.m. My husband leaves at 7 a.m, at which point I usually start exercising. Not gonna make my hour.

I'm making Oat Carrot Cake for lunch again. But first I'll be good and have salad. No-Sugar challenge starts today, will post progress tomorrow. 😊

Workouts:

✔Fit December D27, 5 sets, 1min rest between sets. Sigh. How am I going to teach myself to love ab-day? Ab-day is totally worse than leg-day.
✔EotD
🚫5 Minute Strength. 8.8lb Dumbells. Replaced this with the Hephaestus workout.
✔Power Squat Challenge D27, I did this slowly, using a wall for support. It wasn't painful except for the normal muscular strain. I was just careful.
✔Dead Hang Challenge D18, mistyped somewhere. Anyway, attempted 60sec, and made 45... (!?) Most mornings I don't make it passed 30sec. But I wasn't totally dead hanging... I was pulling, and lifting myself up at around 3cm. Hah.

I'll probably cycle a bit in short bursts throughout the day, with the lowest resistance on the bike. Maybe for 10min at a time or so. Just to keep my knees mobile, because I am going to be sitting a lot today.

Writing:

🚫200 words
🚫300 words
✔1002 words

Don't know if I'll write today. Not feeling it. Not even 50 words. Lol.

Diet:

🚫20% Done
✔50% Done
🚫100% Done

⏺The Oversight Trilogy - 34%
⏺Treachery in Death - 2%

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
Workouts:

✔Fit December D28, 5 sets, ~30sec rest between sets.
✔EotD
✔5 Minute Strength. 8.8lb Dumbells. Will do this later in the day.
✔Power Squat Challenge D28
✔Dead Hang Challenge D19

Writing:

🚫200 words
🚫300 words
✔1300 words

It took me all day to come up with a riddle for my latest chapter. While strolling in Enhlenor, a mysterious blacksmith, whose brother is an enchanter, comes out of nowhere at my main protagonist, whips out this ring, and utters this riddle.

I won't give spoilers, even if I want to. 😄

"With this ring," the blacksmith said, "silence be your shadow, and whispers be your footsteps. A gift, Shadowborn," he whispered the word, "for in twilight's embrace, mercy and compassion guide my hand."

But afterwards, I got a whole chapter out. Hah

Diet:

🚫20% Done
✔50% Done (switched stuff around a lot, gotta get the format right. I lose good habits so quickly...)
🚫100% Done

⏺The Oversight Trilogy - 34%
⏺Treachery in Death - 2%

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
Workouts:

✔Fit December D29, 5 sets, 1min rest
✔EotD
✔5 Minute Strength. 8.8lb Dumbells. Will do this later in the day.
✔Power Squat Challenge D29
✔Dead Hang Challenge D20, attempted 1min 10 sec, made 40sec

Writing:

🚫200 words
🚫300 words
✔1030 words

Diet:

🚫20% Done
🚫50% Done
✔100% Done

⏺The Oversight Trilogy - 37%
⏺Treachery in Death - 2%

I have to go grocery shopping today. Have a lovely day, Bees!

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
Workouts:

✔Fit December D30, 5 sets, 1min rest
✔Carbon & Dust D1, 7 sets, 1m20s rest. I know. I changed my mind. My heart nearly exploded during the last part of this workout. Lol :bored:
✔EotD
✔5 Minute Strength. 5kg Dumbells. I have 1 set of adjustable Dumbells that goes up to 22kg, and one set of plastic ones that are 5kg.

I actually think the "5kg" iron ones are heavier than the plastic ones.. that's what it feels like. So I'll do the plastic first until they're too easy.

✔Power Squat Challenge D30 :completed:
✔Dead Hang Challenge D21

Writing:

🚫200 words
🚫300 words
✔1030 words

Diet:

🚫20% Done
🚫50% Done
✔Nope.

⏺Treachery in Death - 2%

Have a lovely day, Bees!

Also, @Laura Rainbow Dragon , are you my Secret Santa? :watch:

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
I considered taking you. But then I thought, "Naw. She'd totally guess if it was me."

Hm. I'm actually trying to match the voice of that story to the people I've been following. And to someone who might tell me they're impressed with my writing. 🤔

I'm also trying to keep in mind the issues the person has that might inhibit their ability to do the workout itself, so that's how I'm crossing some people off my list.

So the other two options I have thus far, and if it's not you, it means I've missed some people, are @OJJJEM and @f1shtacular . Is it one of you two? Lol

If not, well I'm stumped. They've got me fooled, then. But maybe I'll see some clues yet leading up to 1 Jan.

f1shie

Honeybee from 'MURRCA
Pronouns: she/her
Hm. I'm actually trying to match the voice of that story to the people I've been following. And to someone who might tell me they're impressed with my writing. 🤔

I'm also trying to keep in mind the issues the person has that might inhibit their ability to do the workout itself, so that's how I'm crossing some people off my list.

So the other two options I have thus far, and if it's not you, it means I've missed some people, are @OJJJEM and @f1shtacular . Is it one of you two? Lol

If not, well I'm stumped. They've got me fooled, then. But maybe I'll see some clues yet leading up to 1 Jan.

Yeah I don't have any clue on mine either. So I'm guessing it was OJJJEM in your case.

Happy badge day!

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
Workouts:

✔Fit December D31, Hall Pass, because my back thought that D2 of CAD already had enough ab-work. The whole circuit was basically one dynamic plank.
✔Carbon & Dust D2, 7 sets, 1min rest during set 1-5, 1m20sec rest between set 6-7.
✔EotD
✔5 Minute Strength. 5kg Dumbells.
✔Dead Hang Challenge D22, attempted 1m20s, made 20sec because I did this after all the other things.

Writing:

✔1626 words

Diet:

🚫20% Done
🚫50% Done
🚫100% Done

⏺Treachery in Death - 2%

Today will be a chill, reading or playing Skyrim day.

I'm done guessing who my Secret Santa was. If you'd like to show yourself post 1 Jan, I'd love to know who you are ... 😄

Last edited:

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
Workouts:

✔Daily HIIT D1
✔Power Hold Challenge D1
✔Epic Abs Challenge D1
✔EotD
🚫5 Minute Strength. 5kg Dumbells.
✔Dead Hang Challenge D23

Yeah, C&D and me are just not gelling. I figure if I can't get it right the fourth time, it's not meant to be.

But I'm feeling emotional today, so not in the mood for exercise. I was planning on skipping everything. Then I thought I should at least do Dead Hang and the EotD. Then I suppose habit kicked in.

As Daily HIIT is a 60-day program, I might add Shadebound later on, or maybe the WotD if I feel like doing more. This is a nice "resting" program, and my mind needs the rest more than my body.

New Year, but I suppose I feel like things might be just the same as the old year, bad stuff included.

Maybe it's just today. I normally don't "do" these celebrations of Christmas and New Year.

Writing:

✔1698 words

Diet:

🚫20% Done
🚫50% Done
✔70% Done, because I got up in the middle of the night feeling emotional and ate a PBH. That stands for peanutbutter and honey.

Also, I'm going back to just chicken/eggs in the afternoon. There has been some disputes about my food choices in this house, so ATM I truly just feel like not eating anything at all ever again.

It actually cost me less to just eat the meat at noon without all the extra stuff. And less cost keeps other people happy.

⏺Treachery in Death - 2%
⏺Son of the Morning: Banners of Blood - 13%

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
Workouts:

✔Power Hold Challenge D2
✔Epic Abs Challenge D2
✔EotD
✔Dead Hang Challenge D24, attempted 1m30s, made 20s. But I did 2 almost-full chinups! First time ever trying them.

✔Daily HIIT D2, 7 sets, 30s rest

1 min rest

✔Shadebound D1, 5 sets, 1min rest

2min rest

✔5 Minute Strength. 5kg Dumbells. I'm replacing the lunges here with split lunges instead of walking lunges, safer for my knees so my foot doesn't land in a weird position and make the knee wobble.

Will be going for a walk later, and cycle some.

Verdict on Day 1 of Shadebound:

This was... harder than it looks. It ninja's-up on you😂 The shoulder taps ended up being the hardest.

Writing:

🚫50 Words
🚫300 Words
🚫500 =/> Words

Diet:

🚫Nope.

It's all fallen apart, really. But I suppose, it hasn't at the same time.

The Saga: for those who want to venture into the realm...

I'm not going to be doing Natalie's diets anymore because person A living with me in this household believes that's expensive. Person B kind of agrees, because the perception is that an all-meat (but it's not all meat, is it? That's only lunch...) diet is more expensive than eating the way I used to eat.

Remember those days? All those lentils? Yeah. They're coming back.

According to what I've calculated, the cost of eating plant-based for 50% of the day is actually more expensive than eating just meat where I live.

Because you need less of the meat to make up the same nutritional value. And to the lentils I have to add other stuff to make it a "wholly nutritional meal".

It doesn't matter though.

Some people live on rice and beans, I'll probably live on rice and lentils, which is nearly as good. Because beans nearly friggen killed me. And tofu/any kind of soy except soy milk that's worth it and doesn't have cheap fillers, isn't available here, and getting it online hikes up the price to where its not worth it.

Chickpeas, eh, I'm not sure the amount of protein they have p/cup justifies their price. It might be a nice-to-have now and then, maybe like hummus. Or baked as a crunchy something.

It's going to take some getting used to again, though not taste-wise because I still love the taste of them. But my digestion needs to catch up.

There won't be a ton of vegetables either, save for the ones I eat at dinner. Because fruit and veg is expensive here, unless I live on carrots and cabbage alone... (?)

Right, spinach is also cheap. My plants died, by the way, except for one that's clinging to life with all its might. I get to harvest a handful of bitter baby spinach leaves about twice a week.

So lunch will be based on four things in one form or another: Rice, or another carb, lentils, eggs, and a healthy serving of fat. Optional carrots, cabbage, or spinach.

I do think I need at least 2 eggs at lunch to feel really satisfied. Even with a cup of lentils in there. I could be wrong. Will be experimenting today.

So said person, who is helping to pay for groceries but never checks the till slips and has no idea what stuff costs, is actually paying more for me eating this way.

But, well, as long as they believe it's good...

And it comes relatively naturally to me. Plant-based at noon and meat at dinner. I did it for a long time.

Remember all those lentil smoothies? Hah. Probably won't be making them so often. For satiety reasons, I'll try to stick more to savoury meals.

Novel over, except how am I now going to word this section of my log? Hm. Maybe "had lentils". 😂🤦‍♀️ Or "Had protein at 2 meals". Meh. We'll see. Might be easiest to just keep it as is with the percentages.

⏺Treachery in Death - 2%
⏺Son of the Morning: Banners of Blood - 13%

It was great seeing you all at the Hive Call! Yesterday didn't start off right, but it ended on a high note. I've been looking forward to that call since its announcement 😌😊

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
Workouts:

✔Power Hold Challenge D3
✔Epic Abs Challenge D3
✔EotD
✔Dead Hang Challenge D25

✔Daily HIIT D3, 7 sets, 30s rest
✔Shadebound D2, 5 sets, 1min rest
✔5 Minute Strength, 5kg Dumbells.

Breaking news for yesterday:

Writing:

✔50 Words

The story is raking my brain, but I just can't really make out what's going on there yet... I'm writing the chapter where my main protagonist comes into his hero-self.

It's... a harrowing experience.

Because he goes through literal Hell (as in the realm itself) to get to that point. So I have to write about all the horrific beings and happenings in Hell, or as called in my novel, Oblivion.

Sometimes the nightmarish things I come up with scare me. 😂🤦‍♀️ But hey, everyone called Stephen King a psychopath.

🚫300 Words
🚫500 =/> Words

Diet:

🚫20% Done
🚫50% Done
✔100% Done (Had lentils :thumbup::haha: )

With the lentils at noon instead of meat, my protein level has dropped by 30-40, going from 100-110g a day to 60-70g.

Which is freaking me out now for some reason, like I will lose every ounce of muscle I've gained because of that.

I won't... will I? :tap:

⏺Treachery in Death - 14%
⏺Son of the Morning: Banners of Blood - 15%

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
"Motivation is temporary. Discipline is forever."
Because he goes through literal Hell (as in the realm itself) to get to that point. So I have to write about all the horrific beings and happenings in Hell
I remember a scene in Supernatural where Crowley had re-jigged Hell and all the souls were standing in an enormous slowly-moving queue and when they finally got to the front of the line, they had to go back to the end and start all over again. Now that would indeed be Hell!

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
I remember a scene in Supernatural where Crowley had re-jigged Hell and all the souls were standing in an enormous slowly-moving queue and when they finally got to the front of the line, they had to go back to the end and start all over again. Now that would indeed be Hell!

With my hero, Hell is Madness. So it's more of a mindjob. He witnesses scenes that would turn other people insane over time, but not him. He just goes numb inside after a time, and becomes an assassin who doesn't flinch at death and torture. He becomes, well, the Grim Reaper essentially.

And it's all thanks to the temple! As usual. The priest tried to do an exorcism on him, the general belief being that Shadowborn mages are just the thralls of the wicked, and just managed to open the gates he was guarding. 😂🤦‍♀️

"Poor Edwin," Nocturnia whispered, though her voice shook the ground, "victim of your own delusion, a specter of virtue tainted by corruption. All of Oblivion knows you."

Sweat beaded on Edwin's forehead. His lower priests exchanged glances, still keeping their heads to the ground.

"I am doing you a service, your Lady Grace," Edwin replied carefully.

The nightmares intensified in the crowd, and they writhed where they lay.

"So you did, Priest. You have awoken my gaoler, Hell's watchman."

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
And then there's the gods...and their ways. 😂😂😂

Gods and goddesses were not of the material plane, and it was impossible to understand the workings of their minds, whether they know things or not, or how they would react to any given situation.

Edwin once prayed for a banker's good fortune, who was immediately struck down by a lightning strike the moment he left the temple.

Clearly Sterran, the god of business and commerce, didn't favor the banker on that particular day.

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
Workouts:

✔Power Hold Challenge D4
✔Epic Abs Challenge D4
✔EotD
✔Dead Hang Challenge D26, attempted 1m30s, made 30s.

✔Daily HIIT D4, 5 sets, 1m rest
✔Shadebound D3, 7 sets, 30s rest

🚫5 Minute Strength, 5kg Dumbells. I did this instead, using these same Dumbells. https://darebee.com/workouts/big-back-workout.html

1st set I did full push-ups with the rows. 2nd set, knee push-ups, 3rd set onwards I omitted them so I didn't fall on my face.

All of the exercises were to failure, except the shrugs.

Writing:

🚫50 Words
🚫300 Words
✔500 =/> Words

Diet:

🚫20% Done
✔50% Done [I had mango between meals]
🚫100% Done

⏺Treachery in Death - 14%

Have a lovely day, Bees!

"If you fell down yesterday, stand up today."

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
Workouts:

✔Power Hold Challenge D5
✔Epic Abs Challenge D5
✔EotD
✔Dead Hang Challenge D27

✔Daily HIIT D5, 3 sets, 30s rest
✔Shadebound D4, 3 sets, 1m rest
🚫5 Minute Strength, 5kg Dumbells.

Wrists hurt a bit, but I was also pressed for time. I have to go to the pharmacy really early to get the old man's medicine. Because people received their government pensions yesterday, which generally means the town is a mad circus. Did the bare minimum on all the workouts today.

Writing:

🚫50 Words
🚫300 Words
✔500 =/> Words [1472]

I'm not particularly good at writing fight scenes, I think. They happen so fast in my head that it's impossible to see the details. Often I have to logically think what follows next.

So that made writing this piece feel very hard. But it's the equivalent of my ugly duckling turning into a swan...

Or my itty bitty spider turning into the boogeyman more like.

My mute, out-of-place, and weakest-link twin goes through Hell and comes out the other side as... a monster, a killer, a reaper.

Yes, he's still the hero.

In fact, even my villian has turned into a hero, out of his own! Maybe THE hero.

And at this point, as the mother-creator of an evil sorcerer who should seek nothing but more power, because that's what evil men want, you wonder where you've gone wrong?!

Like, I'm so disappointed in you, my child, she mumbles from her realm in the darkness. 😂🤦‍♀️

Diet:

🚫20% Done
🚫50% Done
✔100% Done

⏺Treachery in Death - 23%

I'm really into reading the detective/suspense stuff now, bit more than the fantasy. I've also started watching a series on the Universal Channel, Hudson & Rex. And while I think that they think people are a bit daft with everything that police dog can do, it's good inspiration.

I was going to make my next novel an extension of the current one but with other characters. But maybe I'll also put a detective one on the horizon. I've written one before, and it was super difficult figuring out that plot! It had to have a few twists and turns, and some wild goose chases. But in the end I got it.

Have a lovely day, Bees!