Day One

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Pronouns: Mate
Thank you @JCU

Day 115: Friday 15/9/2023
A warm one today and very smoky. The fire services have been busy conducting hazard reduction burns in preparation of the hot summer forecast and Sydney is now blanketed in smoke. Aside from myself, everyone else in the family is an asthmatic. As a result I had to drive my daughter to school to minimise the smoke inhaled. I do normally enjoy our walks to school but not today.
Gym session
Quick Warmup
Les Mills BodyCombat class
Then the most important part, as my instructor says - coffee afterwards, with mates.

Day 116: Saturday 16/9/2023
No structures physical activity but a number of walks. I forgot to start the tracker on the longer ones.

Day 117: Sunday 17/9/2023
Serious Strength in 8 Weeks program: Day 3 Rest Day
Better Legs 30-day challenge: Day 28 - Done
Back & Core program: Day 19 Core Control - Done
out to the gym
Quick Warmup

Day 118: Monday 18/9/2023
Not management in today so I hit the gym early.
Am gym session
Exercise of the Day (17/9/2023): 50 Leg Raises - Done
Back & Core program: Day 20 Balance & Coordination - Done
Better Legs 30-day challenge: Day 29 - Done
Stridekick Hello challenge (5 Burpees, 25 Sit-Ups & phone a friend to say Hello) - Done (physical components anyway). I ended texting a friend who couldn't talk as she was in a medical practice with her son but we still had a conversation, just via text messages/chat.
Serious Strength in 8 Weeks program: Day 4 Lower Body - Done. Barbell Deadlifts (warmup) (50kg x 5 reps, 60kg x 5 reps). Barbell Deadlifts (80kg x 8 reps x 3 sets). And I may have overdone it as my knee is reminding me it wasn't 100%. Dumbbell Reverse Lunges (9kg dumbbells x 15 reps per leg x 3 sets), Seated Curl replaced with Exercise Ball Leg Curls (12 reps x 3 sets), Leg Extension was to be replaced by Tyre Flips but I have decided to not put additional pressure on my knee.
Calves of Steel 30-day challenge: Day 29 - Done
Glutes of Steel 30-day challenge: Day 6 - Done
The Miner 30-day challenge: Day 12 - Done
Balance 30-day challenge: Day 13 - Done
Exercise of the Day (14/9/2023): 2 Minutes Backfists - Done
Balance 30-day challenge: Day 14 -Done
Exercise of the Day (12/8/2023): 60 Seconds Superman Stretch Hold - Done
Calves of Steel 30-day challenge: Day 30 - Done and challenge completed
Better Legs 30-day challenge: Day 30 - Done and challenge completed.

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Hey everyone I'm back. It's been three months or so since I last logged on and to be honest not a lot of activity has occurred in that time. I have a new job which I now walk roughly 2.7 km to work and back home each day but no longer have access to a gym in the workplace which I sorely miss. I lost motivation for a while there because of a number of factors. Things aren't brilliant now but good enough to keep going and push on.

Today is Day One (yet again) because I have just had Covid again for the past week and now pumped up to get out and get fit again. Stuck inside has done my head in and I couldn't wait to get to the gym this morning and do my usual Friday morning Les Mills BodyCombat class. I hope everyone has been keeping well and keeping on with the training.

So here we go with Day One, v3

Day 1: Friday 8/12/2023
Weight: 98.1 kg. Yes I'm back to putting my weight on here because I need to be accountable for it too. Yes I did record it before but it started climbing and I admit I became slightly embarassed by that so I conveniently forgot to keep recording it. I did top out at 106.70 kg this year but have dropped and managed to mostly keep off a lot of the weight. My goal was to hit 90 by the end of the year which isn't really realistic now, its feasible but I don't think in a way that would be sustainable.
Back to the gym (despite the ranting by my wife that I'm selfish and still coughing - my instructor had a differing opinion so I continued)
Quick Warmup

PM
2.77 km walk out to the shops and pick my daughter up from school and back. The temperature has dropped back to 29'C after peaking at a nice 33'C earlier but the humidity is the killer today. The meteorological mob say it is only 54% but I swear it feel like 94%.
Power Squats 30-day Challenge: Day 2 - Done
Exercise of the Day (7/2/2023): 60 Elbow Plank Arm Raises - Done

Steps 22,466

Last edited:

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Thank you @Fremen & @TopNotch!

9 Dec 23 40 Degrees.jpg

Well, today, summer finally got here! Happy Saturday Everyone.
Day 2: Saturday 9/12/2023
Weight: 97.6 kg
Not much this morning other than a run to Bunnings (Australian version of Home Depot) for an umbrella for our outdoor furniture. We made need the shade today. Stupidly spent the hottest part of the day putting up Christmas lights. I'd like to see Clark W Griswold doing this in 40'C temperatures. Also no cricket as I've now passed Covid onto my son.
Exercise of the Day (7/1/2023): 30 Stacked Push-Ups - Done
2.06 km walk to the shops with my daughter for some steaks to marinade for a Thai Beef salad which might be nice tonight.
Steps: 12,189

Last edited:

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Thank you @VacTom .

Day 3: Sunday 10/12/2023
Weight: 98.4 kg
Exercise of the Day (9/12/2023): 2 Minutes Side-to-Side Backfists - Done
PowerSquat 30-day challenge: Day 3 - Done
out to the gym for my favourite pair of instructors, Sylvia & Roman
Quick Warmup
PM
1.22 km walk to the shops & back for dinner ingredients
Step Count: 21,888

Day 4: Monday 11/12/2023
Weight: 98.0 kg
2.90 km walk to work
PM
2.85 km walk back home. I am enjoying these walks to and from work. I find them a relaxing way to start the day and unwind at the end of the day. As well as saving money on overpriced fuel.
Step Count: 20,179

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Day 5: Tuesday 12/12/2023
Weight: 99.1 kg
2.74km walk to work. I think the variance for my morning walks is dependent on how many people are in the coffee shop ahead of me and therefore I pace up and down outside while waiting, usually to try and cool off somewhat.
PM
2.63 km walk home again. I think there are also issues in the accuracy of the tracker as I take the same route everyday, although some days I do take a little detour and grab something from the shops on the way past.
1.32 walk back to the shops for some wine and some fool put it in my head that tonight would be a good night to mix up a jug of Sangria. Me being me, I couldn't resist the idea.
And it was good! Very refreshing on another warm evening.
Steps: 16,967

Day 6: Wednesday 13/12/2023
2.71km walk to work.
PM
2.70 km walk home for the end of a short week.
Steps: 15,992

Day 7: Thursday 14/12/2023
Weight: 99.4 kg
A day off because it's my daughters end of year school presentation and she was due to receive an award. I struggled to believe it after the year we had with her but I took an Annual Leave day from work to make the effort to come and support her. A lot of running around before the event to make use of the day. No structured exercise today but it the pulse rate was up so maybe I should have recorded some of the walks etc..
Steps: 17,707

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Day 8: Friday 15/12/2023

Out to the gym
10 mins on the spin bike for a warmup
Quick Warmup
PM
No exercise other than picking my daughter up from school and rushing her around the shops for a quick Christmas shop before heading home to get changed.
Out to dinner at a Lebanese restaurant in Kareela for something different. The kids had never tried Lebanese cuisine before but were open to the idea and my son loved it. He is quite adventurous in trying different styles of foods and I'm proud of him for it. I never got that opportunity growing up. I was fed the same old meat & 3 veg and getting something like (Australianised) Chinese take-away once a year was an exotic luxury.
Steps: 18,820

Day 9: Saturday 16/12/2023
Weight: didn't measure it as was in a hurry to get my son to his cricket match
PM
2.04 km walk to the shops for dinner ingredients.
2,000 punches for the Darebee Christmas Tree ornament.
Steps: 17,901

Last edited:

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
"Motivation is temporary. Discipline is forever."
I was fed the same old meat & 3 veg and getting something like (Australianised) Chinese take-away once a year was an exotic luxury.
When I was about 12, I demanded that we had 'Australian' food. I think for two weeks, we had a roast chicken on Saturday night, and then it was back to what we kids termed 'foreign muck'! :LOL:

Congrats on your ornament.

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Thank you @Mamatigerj , @JCU , @Fremen & @TopNotch . Yes these days kids have so much more choice.

Day 10: Sunday 17/12/2023
Weight 97.9 kg
Exercise of the Day (15/12/2023): 2 Minutes Side-to-Side Chops - Done
PM
Snowballs dodged (8)
Workout of the Day (16/12/2023): Upperbody Tendon Strength - Done + Extra Credit
Steps: 13,886

Day 11: Monday 18/12/2023
Weight: 98.5 kg
Early start dropping my wife and daughter off at the airport for a four day trip to Melbourne. Back to my old wokrplace to conduct my final handover. I will miss the people here (and the gym for lunchtimes) but not the new management. I believe in the job we do and for anyone interested we even had a documentary style tv series done on us recently called Police Rescue Australia. Unfortunately due to the nature of our work, we could only show the public a fraction of what we do. It was time for me to move on so I have had to leave this awesome bunch of men and women that have been my family for the best part of the last 15 years.
PM
2.73 km walk to work (new workplace from home after driving back home and checking on my son who was here alone)
2.80km walk back home via shops for dinner (after an shift of all of 2 hours)
Steps: 21,363

Day 12: Tuesday 19/12/2023
Thank you @TopNotch , @Mamatigerj , @Matan and @Silent Wolf for the birthday wishes. Yes I am outing myself as now officially old. I turned 50 today.
Quick Warmup
Plasma donation - why should I be only one to receive a gift today.
PM
51 snowballs dodged (so far)
Steps: 18,314

Last edited:

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Thank you @Fremen , @BrigidForged , @PetiteSheWolf , @JCU , @BetaCorvi and @Mianevem . Yes another birthday in the bag. And thank you @BrigidForged for reminding me that I may have the years under my belt but I still have plenty left to give. I'd like to be able to do twice as much by next birthday. The Les Mills BodyCombat classes are great and I feel they're increasing my fitness level. I'd love to be able to do more. Sheddinfg more bulk will aid this. I'm not dead yet and not slowing down. My goals is to be stronger fitter and have more endurance than those young ones around me.

Day 13: Wednesday 20/12/2023
Weight: 99.7 kg - too much to eat last night and probably too many beers.
A Christmas/birthdays lunch at work today didn't help either.
PM
Out to Menai Fitness First gym
Quick Warm Up
Les Mills Body Combat with my old favourite instructor, Verity.
Stepcount: (TBA) 16K so far

Last edited:

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Hi Everyone, I'm back.
Firstly thank you @neilarey and @NancyTree for the birthday wishes. Merry Christmas everyone. Happy New Year everyone. Happy Chinese New Year. And anything else I've missed out. What can I say but the last three months have been very busy. I'm enjoying the new job and the fact that I now walk to work nearly everyday. I spend the same amount of time commuting but instead of driving, I now walk. Unfortunately the new place doesn't have a gym and I'm pretty much glued to my desk for the entire 10 hours but take a breather for coffee and another for lunch. I also admit not having a gym has made me a little slack (well ,very actually) when it comes to doing the Darebee Exercise of the Day and Workout of the Day. I am still managing to get in 2 classes of Les Mills BodyCombat a week but wish it was three. Not much else to report. Did a road trip to Melbourne in late January but managed to maintain my walking and minimum daily step count and days of activity. Even Chinese New Year I managed to spend the entire day in the kitchen and still clocked up 15K steps. I won't bore you with the mundane activities to date but continue on.

Day 80: Sunday 25/2/2024
Weight: 99.2 kg (yes a big night of eating after a day of inactivity doing cricket scoring for my son's cricket team leaving me needing a gym session)
Out to the gym
Forearm weights workout
Walk/run on Treadmill for 5:00 minutes
Quick warmup
Les Mills BodyCombat class - Done. Geez I've missed my Sunday mornings there. I missed last week as I had to be in the city to meet people and the week before I was cooking for Chinese New Year. But I'm now back into my routine. I might even pick up an extra BodyCombat class on Wednesday night while I take my son to Air Force Cadets. We're finally getting summer but its a bit late. We were promised a nice hot, dry summer here but it's raining and the temperatures have been anything but hot. I am tempted to ask for a refund.
Step Count: 18,332

Last edited:

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Thank you @JCU , @NancyTree , @Mianevem , @Fremen , @Deadoks . Oddly enough it feels like coming back home to a nice warm home on a cold day, if I can use that analogy. It's a comforting feeling being back in the Hive. Things haven't been the best over the past few months but are looking up. A crappy day today has seen me hit the fridge for something with an alcohol % sign on the label not go to the Kung Fu kwoon as planned. Well, that's not entirely true, I also spent a bit too long sitting on my butt catching up on computer papework on the weekend which put my hip out too. Anyway, forward! Afte all that crap, I nearly forgot to put in today's data. Oops.

Day 81 Monday 26/2/2024
Weight: 98.3 kg (Yes, still too high but in my defence we went out for All You Can Eat Japanese last night, for my son's birthday dinner ahead of his birthday which will be occupied with cadets)
1.18 km walk to work via coffee shop. I normally walk but I thought I might have to drive across to my old workplace. As it turned out, I got given a work car to drive over. To no avail mind you. I met up with my old workmates and had a coffee (yes another) and then got told I had to drive over to another location for an interview about why I left. Only to arrive and be told they weren't interested in interviewing me as I'd already left. So 30km back to work I drove. I don't know about you but I love having half of my working day wasted for no good reason.
Anyway just arrived back in time for lunch. A walk to lunch and back which I forgot to clock. It was nice to just out, vent to my workmates about what I had just endured etc.
2.19 km walk back to my car via the shops for a few dinner items.
Step count: 15,263

Last edited:

Deadoks

Viking from Belgium
"Berserker"
Wow, is it you on the shark profile picture? If it had to happen to me (by accident because I would never go intentionally into the water like that) I think I would instantly die of fear 🙃 . Deep water and sharks (even the not harmful one), are my kryptonite.

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Thanks @Deadoks , Yes that was me with the sharks. They were Caribbean Reef Sharks (Carcharhinus perezi) I was feeding in the Bahamas with Dive Stuart Cove way back in 2007. I enjoy looking at those photos as they bring back great memories. I loved being in the water with the sharks. Diving was one of my loves I had to give up when having children. When the kids are older I might go back to it. We don't have too many sharks like that here. Unfortunately we generally have mostly Bull Sharks (Carcharhinus leucas) here is Sydney waterways.

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Day 82 Tuesday 27/2/2024
Weight: 98.6 kg (not good but considering the lack of exercise lately, not unexpected)
2.82 km walk to work (via the coffee shop)
1.27 km walk with colleagues out for coffee
1.58 km walk out for lunch with colleagues
PM
1.31 km after dinner walk to shops
Steps: 16,253

Last edited:

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Wow folks, a long behind again. It doesn't take much does it. I can't believe it has been a month since I last logged my training. In the intervening month not a lot has happened of interest. I managed a whole two days logging before time escaped me again.
The intervening month (the short version)
Day 83 Wednesday 28/2/2024
Weight: 99.2 kg
2.84 km walk to work via coffee
1.27 km walk for coffee with workmates
1.24 km walk for lunch
2.82 km walk back home.
Out to the gym
Exerise of the Day (27/2/2024): 30 Seconds Pacer Steps - Done
Quick Warmup
Forearm workout
Steps: 24,186

Day 84 Thursday 29/2/2024
Weight: 98.0 kg
12:00 minute warmup walk on treadmill
Quick Warmup
4.08 km walk to shops and school to pick my daughter up and back home
Steps: 25,660

Day 85 Friday 1/3/2024
Weight: 98.1 kg
2.72 km walk to work
1.22 km walk for coffee
1.07 km walk for lunch
2.79 km walk home
Steps: 21,056

Day 86 Saturday 2/3/2024
Weight: 99.8 kg
0.73 km walk to pick daughter up from Kung Fu and back to the cricket ground for the rest of my son's match
Exercise of the Day (1/3/2024): 100 Side Leg Raises - Done
Lower Body Blast 30-day challenge: Day 1 - Done
Workout of the Day (1/3/2023): Better Than Running - Done at Level 3 + EC
Lower Body Blast 30-day challenge: Day 2 - Done
Epic Cardio 30-day challenge: Day 1 - Done
Power Hold 30-day challenge: Day 4 - Done
Power Squat 30-day challenge: Day 7 - Done
Steps: 12,955

Day 87 Sunday 3/3/2024
Lowerbody Blast 30-day challenge: Day 3 - Done
Epic Cardio 30-day challenge: Day 3
Power Squat 30-day challenge: Day 8 - Done