696 Days

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
"Theres no easy way out. Theres no shortcut home"
Sunday 02.11.2024
1. Begin with Breath Tai Chi: Day 22 - Compassion | BEGIN - 30 Days of Tai Chi: Rating = 9.0. This was a much more active session that included balance.
2. BYNM: Feel-Good Yoga | 20 Minutes | Easy-Going Chill Practice: Rating = 9.0. A lot of gentle stretching, which I enjoyed.
3. Core Control Challenge Day 8 - 90 Side Leg Raises: Rating = 9.0

Notes: Superbowl Sunday and I had another headache. At least it was nice enough to walk and my husband put together my new work chair.

Last edited:

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Monday 02.12.2024
1. Begin with Breath Tai Chi: Day 23 - Connection | BEGIN - 30 Days of Tai Chi: Rating = 9.0
2. Core Control Challenge Day 9 - 40 Torso Twists: Rating = 9.5
3. 30 Days of LIIT Day 17: Level 3, no rest. Rating = 9.0
4. Fit December Day 1: No rest. Rating = 8.5. Quick cardio.
5. Heather Robertson: 30 MIN Arm Toning // HR12WEEK EXPRESS: Day 5: Rating = 9.5. Only one modification (diamond push-ups). This was awesome workout!
6. 4 mile walk outside. 1:09:18.
7. SBY: 20 minute CHAIR Yoga for HEADACHES, Migraines & Neck Tension: Rating = 9.0. I picked out this one last night when I had a headache. I didn't have headache when I did it but it was still nice. I didn't use a chair.

Notes: Back to work, which is overwhelming now. I had a great workout though.
My dad slipped in the bathroom during the night and caught his elbow on the sink.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Tuesday 02.14.2024
1. Begin with Breath Tai Chi: Day 24 - Service | BEGIN - 30 Days of Tai Chi: Rating = 9.0. I got mixed up with the hands again.
2. Core Control Challenge Day 10 - 100 Side Leg Raises: Rating = 9.0.
3. 4 mile walk outside. 1:08:38.

Notes: Today was a crazy busy day. Too much work, too many meetings. I had an appointment after work so no workout. My husband’s platelets were good this week but she ran an extra test this week.

❤️Thank you @PetiteSheWolf ❤️

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Wednesday 02.14.2024
1. Begin with Breath Tai Chi: Day 25 – Purpose | BEGIN – 30 Days of Tai Chi: Rating = 9.5.
2. Core Control Challenge Day 11 – 40 Torso Twists: Rating = 9.0.
3. 4 mile walk outside. 1:09:12.

Notes: The scale was not kind to me this morning. And, I had technical difficulties with my watch and the chest strap so I didn’t work out. I ended up going back to work instead.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Thursday 02.15.2024
1. Heather Robertson: 30 MIN Total Body METCON (No Equipment) //HR12WEEK EXPRESS: Day 7: Rating 8.5. This was tough. Modifications are my friend.
2. 4 mile walk outside. 1:10:23

Notes: The test results from blood test were on the portal today and they weren’t what we wanted. At least they weren’t as bad as December.

In good news, the physical therapist thinks my dad is doing well.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Friday 02.16.2024
1. Begin with Breath Tai Chi: Day 25 – Purpose | BEGIN – 30 Days of Tai Chi: Rating = 9.0. Worked on some balance today.
2. Core Control Challenge Day 12 – 110 Side Leg Raises. Rating = 9.0

Notes: It was cold and crappy so we didn’t walk. I was tired and unmotivated. Sometimes, the reality of my new normal just really pushes me down.

The good news comes from my dad. My mom took him to get his hair cut and he got around really well. The home nurse stopped in and his vitals were good. She listened to his lungs…the sounded good and there was no “crackling” sounds. Both my parents were in a good mood. Talking to them was the highlight of my day.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Saturday 02.17.2024
1. Begin with Breath Tai Chi: Day 27 – Self-compassion | BEGIN – 30 Days of Tai Chi: Rating = 9.0. This was really nice.
2. YWK: 20 min Taurus Yoga Flow – Abundance, Grounding & Sensuality: Rating = 8.5. Parts of this were challenging (high lunge) but I also got to do pigeon.
3. Core Control Challenge Day 13 – 40 torso twists: Rating = 9.5.
4. 5 mile walk outside. 1:28:11.

Notes: A good Saturday. No morning boxing yet but I did morning Tai Chi and Yoga. I also finished a novel I was reading. In the afternoon, we walked for 5 miles. It was cool but sunny.

❤️Thank you @PetiteSheWolf and @colin ❤️

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Sunday 02.18.2024
1. Boxing: 20 minutes of speedbag/heavy bag (punching, kicking, strikes (knee, elbow, palm), back fist combos. Rating = 8.5. This went surprisingly well considering it's the first boxing workout in at least 2 months. I was surprised by form. My heart rate was high but that was to be expected.
2. BYNM: Self-Love & Gratitude Flow | 15 Minutes: Rating = 8.5. Some of this was challenging but I felt I held my own with balancing and I loved the affirmations the end.
3. Core Control Challenge Day 14 - 120 Side Leg Raises: Rating = 9.0. I could really feel these.
4. Begin with Breath Tai Chi: Day 28 - Clarity | BEGIN - 30 Days of Tai Chi: Rating = 9.0. I had a few hand mix-ups but it was still a nice session.
5. 4 mile walk outside. 1:10:33.

Notes: I actually got up and did the Sunday morning weigh-in (first time since mid-December…and I lost half pound from Wednesday… yay!), the morning boxing (first time since mid‐November) and a meditation. Sunday did catch up to me with a headache though. And there’s a lot going on this week.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Monday 02.19.2024
1. Begin with Breath Tai Chi: Day 29 – Forgiveness| BEGIN – 30 Days of Tai Chi: Rating = 9.0. My arms were a little uncoordinated today.
2. Core Control Challenge Day 15: 40 torso twists: Rating = 9.0.
3. Heather Robertson: 30 MIN AB SHREDDER! //HR12WEEK EXPRESS: Rating = 9.0. This was tough in some spots but a good workout.
4. Boxing: 100 (2 sets of 50) knee-elbow strike combos on heavy bag. Rating = 8.5. A little out of practice on this drill.
5. 4 mile walk outside. 1:09:33.

Notes: I actually had a healthy breakfast and ate almonds with my yogurt. I also had a good workout. I did blow off Yoga though.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Tuesday 02.20.2024
4 mile walk outside. 1:10:44.

Notes: A crazy work day (complete with going to my husband’s appointment, platelets were great). I didn’t do any of my stuff doing the day. I had an appointment after work so no planned workout. I blew off Yoga again.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Wednesday 02.21.2024
1. Begin with Breath Tai Chi: Day 30 - Love | BEGIN - 30 Days of Tai Chi: Rating = 8.5. Good session but my back hurt.
2. Core Control Challenge Day 16: 130 Side Leg Raises. Rating = 9.0.
3. 4 mile walk outside. 1:09:40.

Notes: I planned a workout but worked late instead. Ugh. The highlight of the day was hearing about my dad’s pulmonologist appointment. It went very well. The next scan isn’t until April.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Saturday 02.24.2024
1. Begin with Breath Tai Chi: Day 1 – Balance of Body and Mind | BALANCE – 30 Days of Tai Chi: Rating = 9.0. This was a very nice session.
2. SBY: 15 minute Yoga for Stress & Anxiety: Rating = 9.0. Relaxing stretching and twisting.
3. Core Control Challenge Day 17: 40 torso twists: Rating = 9.0.
4. 30 Days of LIIT Day 18: Level 3, no rest. Rating = 8.5. Damn butt‐kickers get me every time!
5. 6 mile walk outside. 1:49.

Notes: A better day for exercise.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Sunday 02.25.2024
1. Boxing: 20 minutes of speedbag/heavy bag (punching, kicking, strikes (knee, elbow, palm), back fist combos. Rating = 9.0. Good session this morning. I have to get back to Saturdays too.
2. BYNM: Calming Yoga | 20 Minutes | Relaxing: Rating = 9.0. As advertised...relaxing.
3. Begin with Breath Tai Chi: Day 2 - Tai Chi for Stability | BALANCE - 30 Days of Tai Chi: Rating = 9.0.
4. 4 mile walk outside. 1:11:46.
5. Core Control Challenge Day 18 - 140 Side Leg Raises: Rating = 9.0.
6. Fit December Day 1: No rest. Rating = 8.5. Hopefully the 3rd time is the charm.

Notes: Spoiler alert ⚠️. The 3rd time wasn’t the charm.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Monday 02.26.2024
11. Begin with Breath Tai Chi: Day 2 - Tai Chi for Stability | BALANCE - 30 Days of Tai Chi: Rating = 9.0
2. Core Control Challenge Day 19: 40 torso twists: Rating = 9.5.
3. 30 Days of LIIT Day 19: Rating = 8.5. Squat holds aren't my favorite but it was only for 20 seconds.
4. Heather Robertson: 30 MIN Full Body METCON //HR12WEEK EXPRESS: Day 9: Rating = 8.5. This was a tough workout where I needed modifications.
5. 4 mile walk outside. 1:09.16.
6. BYNM: DAY 8 | Sacral Chakra| 🦋 BODY, MIND, SOUL: 30 Days of Yoga Transformation with Nico 🦋: Rating = 8.5. The balancing parts of this session were really challenging. I had to hang on and I was still very shaky.

Notes: Apparently, Mondays are the best days for workouts, Yoga and a healthy breakfast.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Tuesday 02.27.2024
1. Heather Robertson: 30 MIN Toned Thighs // HR12WEEK EXPRESS: Day 10: Rating = 8.5. Some of this felt like Pilates (yay). I did have to do some modifications on the other stuff. And I had a hard time figuring out the cossack squats.
2. Boxing: 100 (2 sets of 50) knee-elbow strike combos on heavy bag. Rating = 8.5. Stronger on one side than the other.

Notes: Hectic day, cold weather, good platelets.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Wednesday 02.28.2024
1. Begin with Breath Tai Chi: Day 4 – Tai Chi and Mindfulness | BALANCE – 30 Days of Tai Chi: Rating = 9.0.
2. 4 mile walk outside. 1:09:47.

Notes: Appointment after work so no.time for a workout. Not an excuse for skipping yoga again.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Thursday 02.29.2024
1. Begin with Breath Tai Chi: Day 5 - Tai Chi and Self-Compassion | BALANCE - 30 Days of Tai Chi: Rating = 9.0.
2. 5 mile walk outside. 1:28:29.
Notes: We said goodbye to our 17 year old Honda today. Now we have a hybrid with better safety features.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Saturday 03.02.2024
1. Begin with Breath Tai Chi: Day 7 – Flexibility Body and Flexible Mind | BALANCE – 30 Days of Tai Chi: Rating = 8.5. Good session. I just had a hard time focusing.
2. BYNM: Yoga For Being In The Moment | 20 Minutes: Rating = 9.0. I just have a hard time being in the moment.
3. 6 mile walk outside. 1:49:02.

Notes: Extra walking miles but not much else.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Sunday 03.03.2024
1. Boxing: 20 minutes of speedbag/heavy bag (punching, kicking, strikes (knee, elbow, palm), back fist combos. Rating = 7.5. This felt hard and I was a little out of sync.
2. SBY: 20 Minute Slow Yoga Stretch: Rating = 9.5. This was wonderful. 💖.
3. Begin with Breath Tai Chi: Day 8 - Feeling Present | BALANCE - 30 Days of Tai Chi: Rating = 9.0. Nice session but my husband has a health issue afterwards (not related to Tai Chi or the major health issue).
4. 4 mile walk outside. 1:10:03.
Notes: Not a good day. Some asshole posted a review of my company (with stupid comments) on Glassdoor using my job title and unique geographic location. Don’t people have anything better to do? Then, my husband had his health issue. Sometimes, it’s just all too much.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Monday 03.04.2024
1. Core Control Challenge Day 20: 150 side leg raises: Rating = 9.0.
2. Heather Robertson: 30 MIN Fat Burning Cardio // HR12WEEK EXPRESS: Day 11: Rating = 8.0. This was hard and required a lot of modifications.
3. 4 mile walk outside. 1:08:25.
4. BYNM: Evening Wind Down Yoga | Relax Before Bed | 15 Minutes: Rating = 9.0. Not the yoga I planned but the yoga I needed.

Notes: I started off the week strong…tough workout, fast walk and yoga. I also told my supervisor about the Glassdoor post. He told me he had my back and he would let his supervisor know.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Thursday 03.07.2024
1. Begin with Breath Tai Chi: Day 9 - Allowing | BALANCE - 30 Days of Tai Chi: Rating = 8.5. Nice but I couldn’t stay focused.
2. Core Control Challenge Day 21: 40 torso twists: Rating = 9.5.
3. 4 mile walk outside. 1:10:27.

Notes: The rest of the bloodwork came back today. It ranged from good to ok to disappointing. Cold, cloudy and grey weather sapped any motivation I had left.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Friday 03.08.2024
Begin with Breath Tai Chi: Day 10 - Opening | BALANCE - 30 Days of Tai Chi: Rating = 9.0.
2. YWK: 15 min Evening Yoga Stretch - NO PROPS Bedtime Yoga Stretches: Rating = 9.0. Very nice. 😻

Notes: Colder and grosser weather today so we didn’t walk. I had a meeting with one of my ex-teammates today to help her with some of the things I used to care of. It sounds like things are pretty rough with the stuff they’re working on.

In other news, today was my parent’s 55 year anniversary. 💖Congratulations to them.💖