Author of a Thousand Fails

OJJJEM

Mother of Dragons Posts: 591
Still resting to heal... Tried to move around a little last night, and I was met with a sudden sharp pain and nearly passed out... So, yeah... Slow and steady... *sighs* I guess I just have to sit around and be pampered head to toe a little longer... I know, sucks right? BAHAHAHA! So... I'm not being pampered like that (ok... maybe a little pampering), but props to my family for helping me with my daily tasks so that I can continue to rest and heal... I have a real knack for beating myself up internally... HAHAHA!

Goals:
Read or listen daily to a talk, lecture, or devotional
Bring my children's math skills up a grade level by the end of the month
Maintain a soft, low tone when I speak, even when I am angry, frustrated, or overexcited
Adhere to my own wake-sleep schedule

Didn't do math yesterday with the kids, raised my voice once, and failed to adhere to the wake-sleep schedule again... Good news is that I only stayed up 2 hours instead of going past midnight... Still, I slept in past my mark because of it...

I've been delving deeper and deeper into Sabaton History lately... I learned that yesterday in history was the anniversary of a mob attack called "kristallnacht", or "the night of broken glass". I am discovering the joys of learning about our history... both good and bad. I feel that what I am learning has broadened my mind drastically and is slowly changing the way I view the world around me. It brings matters today closer to home in a way that doesn't overwhelm me and drives me to teach my children, "lest we forget".

Special thank-you to @legolo for introducing me to Sabaton! :thumbup: Seriously... grateful every day. Loving what I learn!

OJJJEM

Babysat from my bed most of yesterday... Feeling decent enough to walk around today. It's a good day for healing, bad day to be outside... HAHA! Everyone and their cousin is out hunting... I told #5 to go back inside and not come out again without something bright on... HAHAHA! We buried her favorite squirrel today... It was kissed by a birdshot pellet... Good riddance, damn fig thief! I mean... poor child... her poor "friend"... Last night, #6 was discovered hand-feeding an opossum leftover spaghetti... HAHAHA! Lose one critter, gain another!

So, about that squirrel... I saw a dead squirrel in my yard and was like, "WHO THE HELL SHOT A GUN TOWARDS MY HOUSE!" I traipsed all over the "neighborhood" asking questions, stopping hunters parked by the fields, etc... I was out for BLOOD only to find out that my neighbor had shot a squirrel in his yard, and it simply ran into my yard before dying. So... that was a lot of misplaced anger...

Goals:
Maintain a soft, low tone when I speak, even when I am angry, frustrated, or overexcited

Due to late babysitting, I was able to get to bed at a decent time, but had to wake up when monster baby's mum came to claim him. Other than that, I met all of my goals yesterday. YAY!

On an unrelated note: Christmas gift exchange names were drawn... I got my own mum this year... I was actually hoping I might get her and even prepared accordingly. I have 3 Christmas parties to plan for... To save on cost, this year's gift rules are made from the heart, white elephant, or no more than $5 spent. If I remember, I'll share the gift I'm making for my mum when it's finished. I had initially intended to draw names on Thanksgiving, but my mum suggested I do it sooner so that people who are making their gifts can have as much time as possible to do so. Anyway, busy day... walked a lot. Now, I get to rest because I'm not even a full week into recovery, and I did a LOT of walking/adrenalin-filled marching this morning... BAHAHAHAHA! I was sooooo pissed....

OJJJEM

Well, I seem to be doing decently enough today, though still a bit tender, to continue my daily walks... Not very far... Just a walkabout across the street. It's close enough that if I get a sudden sharp pain and dizzy spells, I won't be stranded. It feels great to be up and about, though!

Goals:

I stayed up late going over finances with my husband. So, waking up on time was difficult... I'm very tired today, though. So, I have a feeling that sleep won't be a problem for me tonight.

Today, my kids didn't recognize me... My son forgot to fix his hair for church, so I offered him my ponytail. My kids are used to seeing me with my hair up. So, when church let out, and there was a not-so-fat woman with big, flowing hair in front of the minivan, they thought I was someone else. Well, nice to know my weight loss was noticeable... #6 was like, "I knew it was her right away... I recognized her skirt," which opened up a conversation about my incredibly big butt that followed me all the way home from church... So, I'm holding a bonfire and that skirt is the guest of honor... BAHAHAHA!

OJJJEM

Had a good walk last night. It felt great! This past week, my weight went up a bit, but now that I'm taking some brief walks after dinner, I'm hoping it'll at least become stagnant until I get some further fitness attempts underway... Doesn't take much for me to lose, but it doesn't take much for me to gain, either... consistency, however, takes a whole lot outta me... HAHAHA! One good thing that I'd like to mention is that I'm still staying under my "magic number", 280lbs. I have found that to be my maximum weight limit before life becomes painful for me. Granted, I'm no longer at a point where I can brag weight loss anymore, but the fact that I haven't yo-yoed all the way back up to 300lbs by now is amazing! Slow and steady for now... Gotta give myself adequate time to heal before I do more... Not even sure it was wise to start walking laps outside with only a week of recovery under my belt...

Anyway... my weigh-in had me at around 275lbs yesterday morning. Hoping to remember to add my weekly weigh-ins to these things in the future, but there's so much happening in my life at all times that it's 50/50 I'll remember... HAHAHA!

Goals:

Went to bed on time last night, then didn't sleep til midnight. Woke up at 6:30, which is a half hour later than I'd like to. The rest of my goals were met well, math excluded on account of yesterday being Sunday.

My family's noticing a HUGE difference in the spirit of the home since I've been able to hold to my goal of speaking in a soft, low tone no matter what. It's not always easy... Not even because of anger or frustration, but just because I'm a naturally very loud, animated, and excitable person.

OJJJEM

So, I asked my husband to be in charge of family home evenings this week because my mind is melting trying to remember three families' worth of information. The result was a chaotic roleplaying of "Daniel in the Lion's Den" and a 5 gallon bucket of popcorn. Altogether, kids had fun and went to bed in a good mood.
Goals:

I am finding that going to bed on time isn't nearly so hard as going to sleep on time... I was in bed by 9, but I didn't fall asleep til nearly 11, and I was so tired that I couldn't even bring myself to wake up until 7:30, which is 1.5hrs past when I should be getting up. Seriously, upholding my ideal wake-sleep schedule has been a harder goal for me than speaking softly!

I had a good walk last night. I think I walked one lap too many, though. Struggling with some discomfort. It truly baffles me how easily I tear myself up inside...

Baby sitting today... Not sure how many, though. I may end up with all of Monster Baby's siblings today. I told my friend that I can babysit as many as she needs me to today. However, I am finding that to her, a lot of things that I consider wants, she considers needs... So, I probably should've clarified before opening my big mouth... HAHAHA! Well, no take-backs... My integrity's on the line now.

OJJJEM

Babysat yesterday. It was only for a few hours, but it wiped me out... Monster baby has four siblings and a puppy. I didn't accomplish much, either... Didn't even prepare a proper lunch for them. They vegged out in front of the projector and snacked on granola because I just couldn't get anything done! Well, at least their mum was able to accomplish her tasks for a little while... HAHAHA!

Goals:

Everything accomplished that I set out to accomplish yesterday (goal-wise, that is). Today, not so much. Woke up on time, but am still feeling wiped out... So, I slept through the morning. I guess, I really needed it... Had a good walk yesterday, too!

I've decided to include a selfie with this post... for science? HAHAHA! Who needs a beauty filter when you have a crack in your lens to blur the image for you! HAHAHA! Happy hump day!

1700076138860.png

OJJJEM

No babysitting today, and no co-op, either... However, I do have a distressed 17yr old who needed to be picked up from school today. Panic attacks from outta the blue... It's really distressing, too, because yesterday was her birthday, and today is all county band, which she will be missing. She was really looking forward to it. Hard to do, though, when you can't breathe, or quit crying and throwing up.

When I was younger, I used to think that being happy or being miserable was always a choice, and in a way it is. I have a daughter who is a very happy person, but struggles through panic attacks... when they hit, she's miserable. It's not a choice for her. I love the choices that she makes when they do hit, though. She seeks help and doesn't try to wallow in it. Nor does she allow her condition to keep her from trying to do the things she wants to do. Therein lies the choice. However, in the moment, when a panic attack hits, you can't "just be happy" and it'll magically disappear. She requires a gentle hand to guide her through it every time. I admit that I never understood panic attacks or why it wasn't like a switch you could just "turn off", even into adulthood. #3 has taught me a lot about mental health. She does not suffer from depression at all, but even she struggles with sudden anxiety attacks. She could be super excited and happy about something GREAT happening in her life, and the sudden surge of adrenalin that hits her in that moment is all it takes to trigger a panic attack. Without her, I would have probably continued to remain ignorant of others' similar struggles. She is a blessing in my life.

Goals:

I didn't do anything academic for myself or my kids yesterday, but I did well with my schedule and remaining calm. It's been getting easier and easier to do so.

Yesterday was #3's birthday. We had a pizza party, but it wasn't from our usual pizza place, but store-bought trash... The worth of mobility last night was two slices of pizza... No walk, and still fighting inflammation today. I don't know why I thought I could do that... I usually order pizza locally for my family, and then enjoy their mozzarella cheese sticks for myself at only half the inflammatory response... HAHAHA!

OJJJEM

My restful day yesterday was interrupted by Monster Baby... I'll be babysitting him again today. I feel ill prepared to do so, to be honest.

Goals:

Everything but math yesterday. That was interrupted by #3's panic attack, and I just never got back to it. I now have to meet with the teacher to explain the panic attack because "Panic attacks" in her school notes isn't enough of an explanation as to why she had to dodge school on the same day she was supposed to be playing all county... Dude, it's because she was supposed to be playing all county... she got too excited, and the response simply kicked in, and if nothing is done, she'll vomit all over the performance area, or worse... In this case, worse is that the stress will cause her respiratory tic to pause her breathing... Yes, my daughter can suffocate and die from Tourette's Syndrome. First, her eyes don't stop blinking and keep beating until she gets a migraine, she starts clicking her tongue and making the N sound in rapid succession, then whether she's inhaling her exhaling, she just stops breathing, and her chest suddenly hurts like hell. It's very scary and very real for us.

Yesterday, I burned my arm. A few days ago, someone in my family baked breakfast burritos directly on the rack, no baking sheet, or even lining the rack with foil... The contents dripped everywhere. I asked that person to clean it up, and they didn't. Later, #5 was trying to bake something, and it created a small oven fire. She quickly put it out and cleaned up the mess. However, there was another mess in the far recesses of the oven where more burrito filling had fallen that none of us noticed because we're all unnaturally tall, and finding it would require a low squat or bending in half... and since nobody does their workouts in the kitchen, it went unnoticed. Fast forward to me baking some chips for the family, and the oven fire ensues. I pulled out the food, pulled out one of the racks, and proceeded to douse the flame with baking soda... and got burned in the process. Go me!

Walking is going well, and I am ready to start walking the neighborhood again, rather than laps across the street. Looking at doing the recovery workout program... Gotta get to it after the chaos of this weekend is over, though... I don't even think I'll be allowed to breathe tomorrow, it'll be so busy!

I really don't want to babysit today.... :cry:

OJJJEM

Last night was beyond miserable... Sick today with 11 kids. Fortunately, there are three other adults in the house besides me. My 6 are beyond capable of watching my friend's 5 in my stead... My biggest concern is what'll happen when the 8yr old becomes unreasonable... If there's one child I call a sweet little angel through gritted teeth, it's her... That girl really knows how to hone a pitch fork. She is the one child I dread babysitting... She reduces my extensive vocabulary to a simple string of words unsuitable for her ears every time she comes into my care...

Goals:

No math yesterday. I was also up late at my friend's house... So, wake-sleep schedule was a no-go. Being sick today is also going to mess up that routine for a little while.

So... there's a birthday party this evening... at my house... and I'm sick... Lotsa fun... Here's hoping I feel better by then! HAHAHA!

OJJJEM

I survived the birthday party... by sleeping through it! I felt well enough to eat by 7pm... big mistake! I felt sick all night long... I should've just kept an empty stomach! I feel better today, but my stomach's still a little unhappy.

Goals:

Didn't listen to a talk, lecture, or devotional yesterday. Kids had STEAM Team. So, I'm gonna count it, even if all they did yesterday was shoot bottle rockets. Struggling to maintain a soft, low tone, too. Not loud, just not as soft-spoken as I am determined to become... Wake-sleep schedule is not as shot as I thought it'd be, though.

I am looking forward to a restful morning. Assuming I am granted that, I imagine full recovery will be achieved before the day is through.

OJJJEM

Never judge a book by its cover. I recently came across an old acquaintance who looked so inbred that even his hands rejected him. I DIDN'T EVEN RECOGNIZE HIM AT FIRST! Granted, I didn't always see him that ugly in the first place... my view of him likely became distorted after he actually tried to BUY some "time" with me. Still, total shocker! Also, dude's still single, so maybe judge a book by its cover a little bit... BAHAHAHA!

Goals:

No math yesterday, for obvious reasons.

This morning was VERY good... I felt beautiful for a brief moment... I know some people would have the good intention of saying, "But you are beautiful," to me after making such a statement, but I'm not talking about looks... I'm talking about actually FEELING beautiful. Despite still being very heavy, my husband put his hands around my waist this morning and pulled me in. He held me in a tight spoon with his arms around my waist for a few minutes, and it just made me feel beautiful. Despite my weight being stagnant at around 275lbs the past few weeks, my body proportions are changing enough to where there are some places I feel thinner and firmer... Most impressive, though (men, look away), is that my breasts look a decade fuller! Somehow, they've gained yet ANOTHER cup size and don't require a bra to greet the world anymore... I have become the envy of anime girls everywhere! MWAHAHAHAHA! Full disclosure, I blame Monster Baby... So does my husband... well, he thanks Monster Baby... BAHAHAHA!

I have started my walks again, and with them, Kanary workouts. I put her to the wayside while my body tried to heal enough to handle it again. I said I'd do them every day, but some days feel like honoring her memory would hurt me more than help me. I know she wouldn't want me to break myself over a workout.

1700482735645.png

Last edited:

OJJJEM

Yesterday was a pretty decent day, but it got stressful by the evening...

Goals:

I managed to accomplish every goal yesterday, plus fitness! My entire body is spasming, though... The same day that I decided to do Kanary, I noticed I was having inflammatory responses. I didn't eat anything that would cause it, though... Go figure... Anyway, I did what I set out to do!

I will be having a busy morning, but I hope to be able to rest later in the day. I miss the stamina of youth! HAHAHA!

OJJJEM

Watched Monster baby again... Dude cut his first tooth and experienced rolling over side to side and scooting... I love watching his development.

Goals:

I can say with absolute certainty that I accomplished NOTHING yesterday... and will probably not accomplish anything today... well, I did walk today... So, that's something. Tomorrow's Thanksgiving! My sister will be hosting it. So, I won't have to cook... Just bring enough of something to share with everyone. Family portraits are taking place tomorrow, too. I can't wait!

Funny story: I have a LOT of pecans to collect right now. After I had collected a good portion, I noticed #s 5 and 6 peeling back the bark from a log to collect the creepy crawlies underneath... to what end, I know not! I told them to go and collect some nuts, and they complained that they didn't want to. I explained that we need to finish harvesting these nuts, and Thanksgiving is TOMORROW! #5, in an eerily calm voice, states, "Mom, we're finally getting along. Do you really want to get in the way us bonding?" HAHAHA! I had no good argument. I had lost! Interrupting them to make them do chores in that moment would've resulted in bitter emotions, and fighting was bound to ensue, simply because they REALLY don't get along! So, all I could think to say was, "When you are finished, I expect you to take some time to help me collect these nuts." Then, proceeded to assign the task to #s 3 and 4. They didn't want to, either, but ANYTHING was better than babysitting Monster Baby! HAHAHA!

My oldest daughter went shopping today. She picked up a little gift for everyone. She bought me a shirt and some Reese's candy. I am so grateful to have such generous children. She earned that money herself, but not only did she ask me if there were any groceries that I needed, she came home bearing gifts to her family! Since becoming a responsible adult, she makes her own medical co-pays, compensates for using my van by filling my tank, buys her own food and clothing, and always seems to have a snack to share with her siblings. She's quite impressive in my eyes... though, I may just be biased because she's mine. :ss:

OJJJEM

Monster baby and pecan harvest in the morning, family portraits and Thanksgiving dinner in the afternoon, and a 2 hour break in between! I'm really pleased that all of my family is out helping today! I managed to collect a decent harvest with baby on my chest, but dude's so heavy that he brings my weight to 300lbs again when I wear him, and it kills my back! I'm trying to lose the weight, but I seem to still be stagnant at around 275lbs... Still, better than the 300lbs that I was several months ago...

Goals:

Nope, nope, yep, and yep... Plus a nice, long walk!

I lost my temper today... So, tomorrow's report will likely be a big fat "nope" to all of my goals... HAHAHA!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

OJJJEM

Well, yesterday, my sister rejected my offer to buy one of her puppies... She said that her dogs weren't a right fit for my household because my family is too high energy... HAHAHA! Can't deny that they were SUPER high energy when they were little, but they've mellowed out as teens... She's not wrong about my kids being inattentive clodhoppers, though (my words, not hers). We're all really big, and her puppies are teacups... I can see someone accidentally stepping on the puppy. Fun fact: Small dogs need their anal glands expressed every few months! I did NOT know that! Nervous dogs need it more frequently.

Goals:

Nope to all, just as I thought it would be... Got home late at night, but managed a small walkabout in the dark to help me digest before bed.

Homeschool this morning, Monster Baby this afternoon, an early bedtime this evening, and leftovers all throughout... One of the nice things about having such a big family is that a lot of the leftovers come home with us. Walked in with cakes and came out with a day's worth of meals for my kids... Though, technically, it should last my family 2-3 days if they didn't gorge themselves every day all day... I remember when I had a metabolism like that! BAHAHAHA! I'm so very grateful that my sister was thinking about my family when she prepared the food... Makes my meager desserts feel like a drop in the bucket by comparison. I'm definitely hosting Thanksgiving next year!

OJJJEM

More pecans were harvested this morning. We will continue to collect pecans over the next two weeks... many fell and need to be raked up from the ground. After that, we'll rake the leaves and winterize the farm. We've got a LOT of trees to trim in January!

Goals:

Yes, no, yes, no. Yesterday was a hard day for #5. Her favorite (stray) cat is injured and may have to be put down. She cried a lot yesterday... This morning, #3 offered her tortie cat to her. Balance restored!

OJJJEM

Today was a good day. Some friends came over, and we played Super Mario Brothers monopoly and a pizza party. We'll be seeing a lot more of each other. They've recently lost their home. So, I've offered them my spare living space... It was only being used for storage anyway. :ss: He cried, and his wife was all smiles! They have no children. Just them and their two dogs.

Goals:

No, no, yes, no. The habit of being soft-spoken used to be the hardest habit to build, and now it's the easiest one not to break of the four habits I'm working on this month.

Tomorrow: homeschool and babysitting in the morning, preparing to receive guests for a few months in the afternoon. I have three days.

OJJJEM

Busy day preparing my home for company... Had so many errands to run this morning that #1 ended up watching Monster Baby for me.
Goals:

Nope to all... Crazy day in which nothing got done, and I have a feeling the entire week will be no different... Let CHAOS reign!

OJJJEM

Today's gonna be another busy day... DMV, Monster Baby, Homeschool, Housework... I hope I can do it all.

Goals:

Yes, no, yes, no... I stayed up late gaming... HAHAHA! Oops... I really need to get my kids back on track... They're so close! I'll be doing whiteboard competitions today in math to see if they're ready to move up a grade level. They appear to be ready. I'll be quizzing them soon depending on how well they do... A competition is where they challenge each other in a quiz on the whiteboard. Each question answered right earns a prize, and they keep going until they can't go anymore... My children have declared that they want money and salt & vinegar crisps for their prizes. :ss:

OJJJEM

Goals:

Okay... the rest of this week, I cannot see myself accomplishing ANY of these goals! Even maintaining a calm demeanor is quickly fading as I trip over, break, and drop things... It's really hard to maintain momentum in a household of teens who think you're crazy... Full disclosure: I am a little, but I'm also loveable, so it evens out a bit...

So... pet stuff moved, reference books moved, husband's work station moved, craft stuffs and games in process, the rest of the library soon, storage bins.... an avalanche of dread.... I have today and tomorrow to get my library and zen den "clean and clear and under control" (props if you're old enough to remember that one)... Rearranging today, cleaning tonight and tomorrow morning, making it feel like home tomorrow afternoon/evening, guests move in on Friday! I spent the past two days cramming my kids back into the bedrooms, rearranging the laundry and family rooms, and clearing out the zen den... I'm really tired! HAHAHA! I'm gonna count this moving process as a workout...

I know that a lot of people probably think I'm crazy for inviting so many people into my life... And allowing this couple and their dogs to come and live with me in a house that's already pretty overcrowded with 6 kids and endless animals is probably not helping my case. I actually don't like having guests... I'm very introverted. Every day, I push myself out of my comfort zone and fight to overcome my natural instincts and tendencies. I am always seeking to live to a higher standard. It's not easy.

In my church, there's something called "ministering assignments". To ensure that everyone in the ward (church community) is cared for, active members are given an assignment to tend to the needs of one another. The brethren are assigned full families, and the sisters are assigned to other women. We are given these assignments as ministering companions. My oldest daughter is my ministering companion, and we are tasked to care for three other sisters in our ward, as needed. We believe that we are given authority to receive revelation on behalf of those we minister to, when it is necessary.

Fast forward to this decision I've made... The couple who is staying with me is a dear friend of mine and his wife, whom I happened to be assigned to minister to. They had previously told me that they were looking for a place to live and had been given a month to find someplace. I felt prompted to tell them that they would be taken care of, but that they may end up having to live in a room with members of the ward before settling down, and that they should spend the month downsizing their properties, and prepare to live out of a single room. I felt very strongly the need to reassure them that they will be taken care of, and that they need to prepare for it.

I forgot about this until just before Thanksgiving. I received another prompting to check in on them and ask them questions about their progress. I questioned them, then prayed for them. I asked Heavenly Father what I can do for them... and that's where we are! HAHAHA! I felt a very strong prompting to offer them my home. There was a calm that could only come from God as I thought about it. Everything that I felt prompted to tell them was to prepare them to live with me. It was fantastic! I felt no fear, no anxiety. Even now, I feel completely at peace. Not only that, but God has given me an added measure of calm in keeping my voice soft and low, and being able to break apart anxiety in others and guide my children into being calmer and quieter... The husband who will be living with me has anxiety, and loud noises startle him. Of all of the goals I have been trying to accomplish this month, here and now, maintaining a soft, low tone no matter what has been the only one I have succeeded in!

I'm not saying this transition is easy, mind you... The youngest argues with me, and my two biggest clutterbugs are dying to find a place for everything they own! I'm throwing things left and right because I'm just so freakin' clumsy! HAHAHA! #5's OCD is tripping up her brain, and I keep having to guide her through that hot mess upstairs... Thank goodness for therapy animals! However, my entire family is noticing a positive shift, and despite the hardship, everything's happening far too smoothly... I can feel God helping us.

After saying all this, I'm sure many will still find me crazy... In fact, some will think I'm even crazier now than when I started. I'm ok with that, though. :LOL:

OJJJEM

So.... my body is rejecting meat right now... and buttermilk biscuits... really, most grains... Inflammatory responses are at an all-time high again... Woke up even with my hips hurting a little... Granted, I broke my diet several times since Thanksgiving... So, that's on me... Inflammation and water retention = swelling and weight increase = can't walk without pain! Needless to say, I'm back to drinking warm fluids until my body, and stomach, can agree with me once again.

Goals:

Last day of the month... I believe my kids' grades are up a level. They did well on the whiteboard. I'll be continuing to try to maintain a healthy schedule into the new year... HAHAHA! Overall, I think I did well sticking to half of my goals, and even better at self-sabotaging the other half.

Today's also the last day to prepare my library and green room for company. All that's left is to find a new home for all my books, cleaning, and a little staging... My husband can take care of the random clutter that he owns and lays everywhere... Fun fact: Even my bookshelves haven't been spared of his tools and electronics! Then again... our bedroom hasn't been spared of my craft supplies... so, it kinda evens out. HAHAHA!

OJJJEM

NEW MONTH, NEW GOALS!

Participate in "Light the World" with my family.
Along with bringing my kids' math scores up yet another grade, I'd like to bring all of their academics up one more grade level before the new year.
Since I've got to go through my game cabinet, I thought it would be fun if every night, I took some time to play one game (or jigsaw puzzle) as a family
It's about time I've earned my first badge... So, that's right... my final goal is *drumroll* finish my herb garden in time for spring! HAHA! j/k j/k... it's earn my first badge

Yesterday was stressful, today's a little stressful, too, but not too bad. Company's getting used to my kids and my cats are getting used to the dogs... So freakin' tired, though! HAHAHA!

Daily walk :v:
EOD: 4 minute punches :v:
WOD: Winter is here (modified) :v:
Power Squats: Day 1 :v:
FIT December: Day 1 :v:

Let's see for how long I can keep up actually monitoring my progress like this... HAHAHA! Journaling, I can do... fitness journaling, not so much... HAHAHA!

OJJJEM

Today was so busy that I didn't even have time to check in until just now!

GOALS:
Light the World
Kids' academic lvl^
Family game night
First badge

Managed to work a little on each goal but family game night... Will be getting to that fairly soon.

Daily Walk :v:
Kanary :v:

2 consecutive days!

OJJJEM

Went to a Christmas parade yesterday... My houseguest's father was hospitalized as well. So, I have another dog in my home. Wishing it was happening under better circumstances, but I love dogs. So, I won't complain. :LOL: I also got a puppy for my family, which I will be picking up when I return from Virginia after the Holidays. It's a surprise present... None of my kids realize I'm getting it! To compensate for the expense of a new puppy, Christmas will be meager, with homemade secret Santa gifts, pajamas, and stocking stuffers.

GOALS:
Light the World
Kids' academic lvl^
Family game night
First badge

Yes to everything but the school for kids...

WOD: Balance and Coordination (modified for my clumsy arse) :v:

I'm gonna say I did 3 consecutive days of something, but I'm already not sticking to the program like I wanted... To be fair: My feet have been so incredibly swollen recently that I could barely walk. Today was a total inflammatory day... Still, I'm calling it!

Weight: 279.4lbs
3 consecutive days of fitness

Soon, those who chose to participate will be getting their Secret Santa assignments... So, a little update for whoever gets me:

I'm obviously a fairly heavyset lady. Walking is literally my FAVORITE form of fitness. It's hard for me to get up and down from the floor. I will probably kill myself trying before saying no to a challenge, though... So, if you're a certain type of evil: CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

OJJJEM

Didn't post yesterday... I think I didn't... I can't remember, but I didn't... I'm a bit scatterbrained today... didn't sleep... My entire month is filled with crafting gifts of maternal love! :mhearts:

GOALS:
Light the World
Kids' academic lvl^
Family game night
First badge

My friend called me for an emergency babysitter during my kids' school... so iffy on that, and no game night last night.

So, four consecutive days of working out so far...

That's all for yesterday... I'll post today when I have something to post...

Wizard Of Oz Dorothy GIF

OJJJEM

GOALS:
Light the World
Kids' academic lvl^
Family game night
First badge

No, yes, no, work in progress

Physical therapy for my hips :v:

5 consecutive days of physical activity, howbeit minimal... I'm so tired today that I'm calling it a night right after this check-in... Didn't even bother with dinner... realized I wasn't gonna make it past that point and took one final walkabout instead... Someone else will have to cook.

My hips have been suffering recently from inflammation. I've decided to make my "workout" focus on what I used to do for physical therapy instead of Kanary today....

OJJJEM

Yesterday:

GOALS:
Light the World
Kids' academic lvl^
Family game night
First badge

Yes, yes, yes, work in progress

Physical therapy exercises :v:

6 consecutive days of exercise

Today:

GOALS:
Light the World
Kids' academic lvl^
Family game night
First badge

Physical therapy exercises :v:
Baby wearing :v: (yes, it counts... it's a 30lb pack and 4 hours of cardio!)

7 consecutive days of exercise.

I've been walking multiple times a day every day this week. It has been an amazing experience! Today, I put on some denims that I hadn't worn in over two years... Yesterday, I wore some nice slacks that had been sulking in the back of my closet for five! I admit they were a little snug, but they weren't so tight that it looked wrong... I could still breathe, eat, and move... HAHAHA! I hope to be able to continue to ride this wave of momentum!

OJJJEM

It's so weird... I got online yesterday, and I coulda sworn I reported! Well, here's yesterday's check-in...

GOALS:
Light the World
Kids' academic lvl^
Family game night
First badge

Yes, yes, no, work in progress

Physical Therapy :v:
Baby Wearing :v:
A portion of my Secret Santa gift :v:

8 consecutive days of fitness

I ate some cheesy pasta and garlic bread yesterday... as well as some store-bought dried mangos... I ate other things yesterday as well, but these particular items were a poor choice of mine. I'm still struggling with the inflammation. Not good for my back because it's doing that painful, muscle sinching, snakes under the skin, spasm thing that it does...

Yesterday, I discovered trousers specially designed for skinny girls with Brazilian butt lifts... Or, I'm assuming that's the case... I put them on, and they not only sinched my waist in, but even I had growing room in the caboose... People! I'm 6ft tall and 275lbs!!! Who the heck with THAT much caboose has a waist THAT tiny!!! Most women pad or surgically enhance their backsides to accomplish that much junk in the trunk...

Ah, speaking of junk in the trunk... A new milestone in my weight loss... I had to readjust my seat and mirrors in the van because I've begun losing a little and toning back up in my hips and buttocks. It's been a couple years since that year-long stint on bed rest, but I'm finally starting to shape up back there! :LOL:

Here's hoping I don't forget today's check-in tonight... And that I remember to share my official weigh-in on Sunday with y'all! 280lbs is my Achilles tendons maximum weight capacity before they fall apart, and Monster Baby is approximately 30 lbs... needless to say, 250lbs is my current goal weight... 279-ish was last Sunday's weigh-in... I've got a lot to go before I hit my goal, and by then, Monster Baby will probably have gained another 10lbs... HAHAHAHA!

OJJJEM

I risk forgetting if I don't do this now...

GOALS:
Light the World
Kids' academic lvl^
Family game night
First badge

yes, no, no, work in progress

Daily walk :v: Literally ALL DAY! I'm only just sitting down to rest. So, I'm counting it, even, though I've done nothing else today.

9 consecutive days of fitness.

OJJJEM

GOALS:
Light the World
Kids' academic lvl^
Family game night
First badge

Yes, no, no, work in progress

10 consecutive days of fitness

Weight: 273.4lbs (THAT'S A HUGE DROP FROM LAST WEEK!)

Today's a rest day, but I gave myself a morning walk, then I spent the entire afternoon helping my husband move furniture around the house... I count that as a workout... HAHAHA! Though, technically, he was helping me... by doing most of the work... BAHAHAHA! I'm still a long ways away from heavy lifting once again.

UPDATE: YES TO GAME NIGHT

Last edited:

OJJJEM

Yesterday's check-in

GOALS:
Light the World
Kids' academic lvl^
Family game night
First badge

Secret Santa :v:

11 consecutive days of fitness

I went stargazing last night. The meteor shower is supposed to peak on Thursday night thru Friday morning. So, I've been trying to catch glimpses of it throughout the week during my nightly walks. I saw a couple last night. It was spectacular! To everyone with clear skies this week, look up! Maybe, you'll get a chance to wish upon a shooting star!

Hopefully, I'll remember to do today's check-in tonight for a change... BAHAHA!

OJJJEM

GOALS:
Light the World
Kids' academic lvl^
Family game night
First badge

Yes, no, yes, work in progress

Walking :v:

12 Consecutive days.

I recognize that I only walked today, but I count it. Today, I was busy celebrating my 20th anniversary. I ended the night star-gazing... trying to catch a glimpse of that meteor shower this week... I only managed to find one shooting star tonight, but the meteor shower won't peak until Thursday night anyway... So, there's still hope for a decent light show. :happy:

I'm hoping to complete my Secret Santa workout tomorrow... assuming nobody needs me for any time-consuming project! After that, I'll be making some blue suede baby booties for Monster Baby's first Christmas! :ss:

OJJJEM

Didn't check in yesterday, not checking in today... but feel bad for not sayin' something... So, sayin' something. I'm sick... Literally got sick day right after my anniversary celebration... HAHA! that's funny... Anyway, I just thank God I was able to avoid being sick during my anniversary. Husband and I were both sick in bed the past two days... just simply hit us both really hard at the same time... HAHA! That's also funny... anyway... before you guys start wondering just what kinda drugs I'm on and where you can get some, I'ma go. Good night! I'll update again when I'm done being sick.

:night: