Goal + Action = Reality

JohnStrong

Commando from Alberta
"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Socrates"
frugality
Indeed, I must know 😉
Actually one of my favorite subjects right there. Did you know? Reusing spent coffee grinds as a makeshift facial scrub does NOT work because the particles are too sharp and will only rough up your face 🤓

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
"Motivation is temporary. Discipline is forever."
So, up at sparrow's-fart this morning and it was rather chilly. It took us three hours to load things up and the temperature was between -1 and 4 for that time. There was more room left on the ute than expected, so my tall-boy was abruptly emptied (hello, laundry baskets!) as was a small shelving unit. And that was it. Most of my furniture, my exercise equipment, my bicycle, and some of my books departed this house on the back of a ute and trailer, and I returned to the devastation that was now the spare room.
20240613_104007.jpg

Much of the rest of the day was spent sorting through little things that had come to light, and trying to create some order out of the disorder around me. Difficult when you can't put anything away! I'm hoping this won't take too many more weeks.

It's strange to walk into the training room and see that it's not really that any more. The treadmill is still there (if I want one, I think I'll get myself a new one) and the rowing machine (which I'd been asked to leave). Without the bookshelves up against the wall, the whole room was very empty. I wonder what will happen to it...

So after having done a load of weightlifting this morning, I just did my squats while waiting for the pasta to cook (ravioli for the Lad and me).

JohnStrong

Commando from Alberta
"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Socrates"
That's a serious load right there! My lower back grunted just looking at it. Best wishes with your transition 💪 To new beginnings!

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
"Motivation is temporary. Discipline is forever."
Aargh! You know when you find out something that makes you really cross and all you want is someone's blood but you know that (legally) you can't have it? This afternoon I stepped outside and my elderly neighbour called to me. We chatted and I told her I was leaving. She said that she wasn't surprised and I wasn't the first to leave. I knew that, of course, but I was surprised by her response. She said that she reckons I was married in an attempt to try to keep me. As though I were some sort of pet. Ah, the dangers of hooking up with someone significantly older than you... Then she said she'd miss me because I was an intelligent conversationalist. :happy: But after that she told me that I had been defamed about a year ago by someone (who shall remain unidentified) who went around to all the neighbours and lied about me. She didn't believe it (we've had many chats so she kind of knew me) and endeavoured to put people right. This evening she texted me to say that she'd spoken to one other person we were close to and they were both prepared to offer me useful information "for my defence', as she put it. Now, I knew that certain misleading and downright falacious statements had been made about me to various people but never did I think that my neighbours had been targetted too! I have definitely stayed here too long... Seriously, though, all I can think about tonight is some sort of revenge and that's simply Not Good. For me, I mean. That's not a good mindset to have.

Anyway, got more boxes and started bringing down books from the upstairs built-in bookshelves. All that up-and-down and back-and-forth made sure I'd hit my step goal by around 3pm and I've gone up and down those stairs 36 times. Additionally, I've got rid of another few dozen books. I've found books with bookmarks stuck in them, so obviously the books weren't good because I hadn't bothered to finish them. Out they go!

Knee is feeling much better so those leg raises are easier to do again now.