Haunted Hive 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
hh2022-finish.jpg

This event is now finished.

It’s that time of the year when you really need to put all thoughts of productive work and social obligations to one side and rally round to defend the Hive this Halloween! The invaders are ruthless, numerous and well-organized and will come in three successive waves. We need to fend them off or our home will be overrun!

This is a three-day event and the task is simple. Every 24 hours a new wave of monsters will arrive and a new challenge will be presented for us to rise up to. Fight off all monsters until the end of Halloween - October 31st.

Protocol
  • Each monster requires a specific exercise to defeat it and a specific number of reps of that exercise.
  • Post your reps in the thread below and work together with others to keep track of the total so the monsters are defeated.
  • The reps you do will be added up and an updated number of remaining monster numbers to defeat will be posted in the thread below.
  • Reps from DAREBEE workouts are challenges are accepted.

Wave #1 BATS!
Complete!

Wave #2 SPIDERS!

Complete!

Wave #3 GHOSTS
Complete!

This event is now finished.

From this year onwards, this will be an annual planned event. This means The Haunted Hive will return next year and the year after that. So, as a Hive Defender, you can claim a unique badge in your user profile. The badge can only be claimed by participating in the event when it is active.

Current Rep Count - Google Docs (view only)

Last edited:

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
Pronouns: She/her
575 jacks from me
Battlestar Galactica Extermination GIF

Damer

Administrator
DAREBEE Team
Warrior Monk from Terra
Pronouns: He/Him
You guys are freaking amazing! The Ghost boss
Halloween Ghost GIF

thought we'd be scared of him but haha! Jumping Jacks are seeing the last of his health dwindling and we still have some time today. Coz:

Bravery Be Brave GIF by Bee Sober

And we all, in the end:

jumping jacks kids GIF by PlayKids

I can't remember the last time Halloween was so active! You rule Bees! :hello::welcome:

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
"Motivation is temporary. Discipline is forever."
You guys are freaking amazing! The Ghost boss
Halloween Ghost GIF

thought we'd be scared of him but haha! Jumping Jacks are seeing the last of his health dwindling and we still have some time today. Coz:

Bravery Be Brave GIF by Bee Sober

And we all, in the end:

jumping jacks kids GIF by PlayKids

I can't remember the last time Halloween was so active! You rule Bees! :hello::welcome:
That's because the DAREBEE team inspires us to work together to defend the Hive! Go us!

Damer

Administrator
DAREBEE Team
Warrior Monk from Terra
Pronouns: He/Him
Happy Stephen Colbert GIF

Looks like, in retrospect, those batses, spiderses and ghostses really stood no chance! Good thing really for not only do we get to keep our Hive intact and get a cool badge in the process but normal grammar rules can apply once more, at least where plurals are concerned :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: .

Guys that was a lot more fun than we all thought it would be! Had we been doing all this on pressure pads I'm sure we'd have generated enough electricity to power a small city with our activity. :cool:

This bodes well for the year in advance. We have quite a few goodies planned that are fast approaching, not least, Thanksgiving. I'm not at liberty to say much more for now except:

awesome heart GIF

Bozkurt

Knight from Ontario, Canada
"Common sense is not!"
May I also recommend a variation to the method for next year? instead of setting a max reps to defeat a "wave," perhaps we can try to record how many of each goblin in a "wave" we eliminated by allowing members to contribute reps as long as the event is open. Just a thought. This would allow those of us to join the party. Remember, even Santa takes 24x hours to circle around the globe on Cristmas, New Year, or whatever day he visits you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.