Progress over perfection

BetaCorvi

Mage from Belgium
Pronouns: She/her
@Tileenah Thank you! It absolutely is - so difficult to let yourself rest sometimes

MONDAY JULY 17: Rest?
Workouts:
:v: Poomsae practice
:v: Yoga for Creating Space (Yoga with Adriene)

Challenges:
:v: Epic Core Challenge, day 17

TUESDAY JULY 18: Run + Push

Workouts:
:v: NRC 5K Trainer W5 || In the Zone (5 x 4 min 5K pace, 2-2.5 min recovery in between)
:v: PPL program day 17, 8 kg weights
:v: Poomsae practice (focus on kick & punch follow up, & first poomsae in general)
:v: High Lunge yoga pose (Yoga with Adriene)
:v: Hamstring range work
Warm up (each side):
- 15 leg swings back & front
- 15 hip circles, both directions

Back kick (per side):
- 10 slow back leg raises
- 15 slow back kicks
- 15 rapid back kicks, holding onto something for stability

Front kick (per side):
- 15 chamber motions, with proper toe pulled up motion
- 15 very slow front kicks
- 15 normal speed front kicks.

Challenges:
:v: Epic Core Challenge, day 18

No long run, I want to start my running program week clean. So I guess a bit of an extra unplanned rest day. Speed run went much, much better than last week, I am happy to say. Hamstring (& left hip flexor) feels very tight over the past few weeks - front kick height was only chest height, back kick was too low as well. Need to give them some TLC.

Current workout streak: 396

BetaCorvi

Mage from Belgium
WEDNESDAY JULY 19: Taekwondo + Flexibility
Workouts:
:x: Taekwondo (friend wasn't feeling well)
:v: Street Yoga (Yoga with Adriene)
:v: Toe Touch Flexibility Challenge (Hamstring Stretching Routine) (aka, week B, flexibility routine 1)

Challenges:
:v: Epic Core Challenge, day 19

THURSDAY JULY 20: Ab workout
Workouts:
:v: Ab builder workout

Challenges:
:v: Epic Core Challenge, day 20

FRIDAY JULY 21: Pull + Run

Workouts:
:v: PPL: Pull B (8 kg - max reps)
:v: NRC 5K trainer W5 Tempo Run (didn't go super well, app paused a lot watch indicated paces quite a bit slower, so I overshot paces - didn't get to run in one go as intended)

Challenges:
:v: Epic Core Challenge, day 21

SATURDAY JULY 22: Leg day
Workouts:
:v: Poomsae kick practice.
:v: PPL: Legs B (8 kg for everything but side lunges, bodyweight for those until I get the form down right)
:v: Freedom Flow! (Yoga with Adriene)
:x: Hamstring range work - postponed until tomorrow.

Challenges:
:v: Epic Core Challenge, day 22

Have been focussing a bit on front kicks in my poomsae, as I've been told in the past I kick off-center. When I focus on it, there's no issue but I'm sometimes a bit sloppy in the position of the standing leg, which I think causes the off-center kick. So I am working on making the proper position for the standing leg an ingrained habit.

Up & Down planks def are a lot more difficult for me than the sitting twists are! Oof.

Current workout streak: 400.

BetaCorvi

Mage from Belgium
SUNDAY JULY 23: Flexibility
Workouts:
:v: Stretching (mix of froggy stretch, half froggy, pigeon pose - aka, I still haven't decided on the rest of my routines)
:v: Yoga for Actors (Yoga with Adriene)
:v: Poomsae practice - block focus

Challenges:
:v: Epic Core Challenge, day 23

MONDAY JULY 24: Long Run
Workouts:
:v: NRC 5K Trainer W5 || 5k long run (40:26 minutes, strava time shows moving time, not the few seconds I stood still to recover)
bg0GgNR.png

:x: Brain + Body Balance (Yoga with Adriene)
:v: Poomsae practice (1-6)
:v: Hamstring Range work

Challenges:
:v: Epic Core Challenge, day 24

Notes
Was originally contemplating doing my long run on Sunday anyway, but the DOMS from leg day very quickly humbled that idea. That's what I get for skipping weighted leg workouts as much.

The DOMS definitely got a lot worse after my 5K run. A 5K run, but not counting this as my full 5K for darebee badge purposes. I did have to walk a few minutes (maybe three, in total?) throughout the final 2 km. Didn't want to run through the side stitch, and just resting for 30 seconds and resetting my breathing made that disappear fully. The soreness in my glutes came back in full force those last kms as well - maybe because I was running out of fuel/energy? But I feel like I ran enough of it to qualify as W5 done.

Not super happy with my pace - and the strava post below mine is someone taking less time than this run took to do 10k, so that definitely doesn't always feel good. But pace will improve once I get more comfortable with the distance.

Current workout streak: 402

Last edited:

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Not super happy with my pace - and the strava post below mine is someone taking less time than this run took to do 10k, so that definitely doesn't always feel good. But pace will improve once I get more comfortable with the distance.
Hey! So first off congrats on your PR on strava! You're making lots of progress and it's great!
Second of all, 10km in less than 40 minutes is reaaaaaally fast. You know nothing about this person (maybe it's a he, and has long legs, and that counts in running as much as in every other sports). If you start to compare you'll always find someone who's stronger or faster. That doesn't demean in any way what you do and who you are!
You're focused, you train and you get better at what you do and that's impressive! Yay to you! :worried:

BetaCorvi

Mage from Belgium
Thank you! @Fremen @CODawn @TopNotch @Tileenah Definitely needed to hear that. Sometimes it gets really difficult not to compare to others - especially when those posts are thrown in your face.

TUESDAY JULY 25: Push
Workouts:
:v: PPL program day 21 (8 kg on arnold press, chest fly, chest press, 6 kg on lateral raise forms)
:v: 6-Minute Yoga For Hips (Yoga with Adriene)
:v: Poomsae practice (Taegeuk 7 focus - slow with proper focus on the differen't techniques)

Challenges:
:v: Epic Core Challenge, day 25
:v: Build flexibility routine.

Legs don't entirely feel ready yet for speed work - so I'll see how speed run & taekwondo on the same day are going to turn out. Next speed run is a short but speedy one (mostly mile & best pace). Feeling loads more comfortable with my lateral raises - the bent over version still needs some work to get proper form. Tried 8 kg again and currently can only do around 3-4 without the arm angle getting too big/compensating.

Setting myself the goal of building up my flexibility routine further, today. Keep forgetting to work on it until flexibility routine day. Today's the day. Might as well mark it as a to-do.

Current workout streak: 403

Last edited:

BetaCorvi

Mage from Belgium
WEDNESDAY JULY 26: Taekwondo -> Run
Workouts:
:v: Hamstring Range Work
:v: NRC 5K W6 || Speed run (Go Fast with Elaine Thompson)
(between each interval (except warm up) the same duration of rest the mile pace interval was). Best paces based on speed graph, as tiny bit of ramping up messes with the average pace too much)
  • 5:00 Warm Up (8'11"/km)
  • 0:30 Mile Pace (6'11"/km)
  • 0:15 Best Pace (5'23"/km)
  • 0:45 Mile Pace (6'13"/km)
  • 0:15 Best Pace (5'23"/km)
  • 1:00 Mile Pace (5'49"/km)
  • 0:15 Best Pace (5'30"/km-ish)
  • 1:15 Mile Pace (6'07"/km)
  • 0:15 Best Pace (5'10"/km)
  • 1:30 Mile Pace (5'56"/km)
  • 0:15 Best Pace (4'45"/km)
:v: 6-Minute Yoga Chill (Yoga with Adriene)
:x: Taekwondo practice [timing didn't work out]

Challenges:
:v: Epic Core Challenge, day 26

THURSDAY JULY 27: Pull
Workouts:
:v: PPL: Pull A [8 kg]
:v: 7 minute Yoga Boost(Yoga with Adriene)
:v: 20 minute flexibility routine (I made one!)

Challenges:
:v: Epic Core Challenge, day 27

FRIDAY JULY 28: Ab work
Workouts:
:x: Hamstring Range Work
:v:
NRC 5K W6 || 31 min recovery run
:v: Epic Plank Workout
:v: Take 5 Yoga Break (Yoga with Adriene)

Challenges:
:v: Epic Core Challenge, day 28

SATURDAY JULY 29: Flexibility
Workouts:
:v: Flexibility routine A-2: middle splits focus
:v: Kick range work
:v: Breath day 26 - Expand (Yoga With Adriene)

Challenges:
:v:
Epic Core Challenge, day 29 (last up-and-down planks)

Runs overall went well! Did change the 31 minute recovery run to a Z2 training to build up aerobic base so I could actually recover instead of pushing myself the whole run. Today should have been a tempo run. Things went a bit awry and today I didn't end up being able to leave the house today. That's okay - Long run & Leg day workout tomorrow, just so I can try to avoid DOMS for my next long run. It is technically supposed to be a 6.5 km run but I definitely can't do that - that'd be 50 minutes of running while two weeks ago I was doing 30 max! So I will instead be redoing my 5K attempt, and walking out the rest of the 1.5k remaining. I'm not cheating! Program is very clear about adapting to what you think you can handle - and I can make it up next week with the 4 to 5 mile long run.

Flexibility-wise, I am doing two alternating weeks, week A & B, linked to my PPL work. Day 1 is a front splits focus with an extra focus on Hamstring flexibility. Day 2 is a more middle splits focus. Both include some general maintenance and a stretch or two from the other. A-2 needs some work though.

I'd love to actually be able to fully extend my leg when lifted. For front kicks, or axe kicks. But that still feels very far away from reachable.

Current workout streak: 407

Last edited:

BetaCorvi

Mage from Belgium
SUNDAY JULY 30: Long run & Leg day
Workouts:
:v: Poomsae practice (very little, ran through 1-3)
:v: Long Run. 5K, 41:23 minutes
:v: PPL: Legs A [6 kgs]

Challenges:
:v: Epic Core Challenge, day 30

Run went about as the last one did. Just with an added very strong wind and more cyclists. Glutes really hurt by the end of the run too. Was hoping for improvement, but I am sure that will come in time. Two more weeks of this program and while I know I won't get my goal pace, at this point I'll be happy if I run the full 5K by the last week. Then I'll probably go and finish the last few weeks of the Zombies Run 5K program for the story (& building my aerobic base), adding in one day a week of either zone 2 training or a recovery run depending how the running week pans out.

I tried 8 kg for the leg workout, but that was just a little too much for my knees to take. While at 6 kg it was difficult but I could get full rep counts, it didn't leave me feeling very sore today. (or maybe my DOMS just haven't quite hit yet). Maybe I need to see if I can get 0.5 kg plates for my adjustable set - see what 7 kg does.

MONDAY JULY 31: Taekwondo
:v: Kick range work: Front kick, back kick, naeryo/axe kick, yop/side kick, mom-dollyeo/turning spin kick

Getting some progress with some of the kicks. Need to practice on turning my toes downward for side kicks more.

Current workout streak: 408

Last edited:

BetaCorvi

Mage from Belgium
Thank you! @Fremen @Mamatigerj @Baryl @TopNotch @Anek

Tuesday, August 1st: Push + Recovery run
:v: NRC 5K Trainer || 31 min Recovery Run [Zone 2]
1690922280932.png
:v: PPL program: Push day 17, 8 kg.
:v: Daily Kicks Challenge, day 1
:v: Mom-dollyeo practice

More Z2 running (target zone: 140-155)! My heart rate weirdly evened out a lot towards the end of the run - all the way down at 145-ish bpm. Smack-dab in what my target zone was, or lower. Had been struggling the beginning of the run to keep heart rate at a place where I wanted it. A little weird to see. Wondering if it is a fault with the heart rate detector (84 does seem pretty high, but not out of the ballpark for me - I always have a high heart rate). Gotta give it a good clean, see if that helps.

Planning on spending an hour working through my forms/poomsae to perfect them before practice, so taking today off for that. Means that I get to spend some focus on things I'm not particularly good at today - so spin kick time! Definitely have difficulty nailing this one.

Current workout streak: 409

Last edited:

BetaCorvi

Mage from Belgium
Thank you! @Froud @mavie @Tileenah :thanku:

Wednesday, August 2nd: Taekwondo
:v: Daily kicks, day 2
:v: Kick range practice
:v: Longer poomsae practice,
:v: Flexibility: Hamstring Stretching Routine - Dani Winks, loads of nerve based stretching))

Friend wasn't feeling well so no taekwondo training. For poomsae practice, I focused on trying to get all the working points right in taegeuk 1-4. Got to a degree where I was happy with it. It's not at the right pace yet, and I am definitely still making mistakes. But I feel like there was some progress.

Thursday, August 3rd: Ab workout
:v: Daily kicks, day 3
:v: Because abs workout

Friday, August 4th: rest
:v: Daily kicks, day 4
:x: 25 min recovery run
:x: Pull day (aching a bit too much)

Mother nature said no running Friday & today, so that's probably a NRC week to repeat. I do hope in time, once I have a little more stamina & leg strength, this doesn't have to be the case. It feels like I don't get enough bloodflow to my legs to be able to run - two minutes of running and they're aching.

Am still planning on trying Leg day today - maybe throw in the pull day as well afterwards because I am feeling better today than yesterday.

Current workout streak: 412

BetaCorvi

Mage from Belgium
@Froud Absolutely. Not that she lets me do otherwise

Saturday, August 5: Leg day
:v: Daily Kicks, day 5
:v: PPL: Legs B (8 kg)
:x: poomsae practice

Sunday, August 6: Rest
:v: Daily kicks, day 6
:x: Poomsae practice

Monday, August 7: Flexibility training
:v: Daily kicks, day 7
:v: Middle split & straddle (will run through twice, aka 20 min stretching B2.)
:v: Kick range work (abbreviated, as I missed a day & started doing them a bit too late)

(- still to do)

Quieter days - tomorrow I'll kick it into higher gear again. Or try, at the very least. Had a Dark Heresy session on Sunday, and afterwards we went out to eat, so a planned rest day. Good to catch up with friends.

Current workout streak: 415

Last edited:

BetaCorvi

Mage from Belgium
Tuesday, August 8: Push day
:v: PPL: Push A (8 kgs)
:v: Daily Kicks, day 8

Wednesday, August 9: Speed run
:v: NRC: My first speed run. 8 x 1 min 5K pace, 1 min rest. 30 sec of best pace to finish off.
:v: Hamstring Range work
:v: Flexibility routine A-1: Front splits.
:v: Daily Kicks, day 9

Thursday, August 10: Pull
:v: PPL: Pull A (8 kgs)
:v: Daily Kicks, day 10

Friday, August 11: Ab day + Recovery run
:v: 6-minute abs workout
:v: 25 minute recovery run, attempted at Z2. But realistically 170 HR being the cut off for run/walk, because it was very hot and all my running was in the sun
:v: Daily Kicks, day 11

Saturday, August 12: Run + Flexibility training
:v: NRC 5K W7 || 10 minute tempo run (6'53"/km pace)
:x: Leg day
:v: Flexibility routine A-2: Middle splits stretching work
60 seconds on stretch, 15 sec rest in between.
1) Hip flexor left
2) Hip flexor right
3) overstretched butterfly
4) Froggy stretch
5) Left side half-froggy stretch
6) Right side half-froggy stretch
7) Wide legged forward fold
8) Pancake stretch
9) Pigeon left
10) Pigeon right
11) Left side lunge, deep
12) Right side lunge, deep
13) Middle split
:x: Hamstring Range work
:v: Daily Kicks, day 12

Very low rep counts (4-ish) for pull day, but good form for lateral raises, so I am celebrating that as a win.

Got some new running shoes! Mizuno Horizon 6, more geared towards the speed runs & tempo sessions (and, in principle, if I ever were to actually race). Really loving how it feels to run fast in these - they rock forward slightly and you can feel they just want to run fast. It's amazing.

Sunday is going to be my first taekwondo practice back in a month. Excited, but nervous as well. But, in order to prepare I've decided to skip Leg day & my kick range work today. It's going to be difficult enough as is, without adding DOMS to the list. And admittedly, at this point I'm overthinking my kicks a little, and I want to be sure that I haven't taught myself anything wrong.

Current workout streak: 420

BetaCorvi

Mage from Belgium
Thank you! @Froud!

Sunday August 13: Taekwondo
:v: Taekwondo practice
:v: Daily kicks, day 13
:v: poomsae practice

August 14 -August 17
:v: Daily kicks, day 14-17
:v: poomsae practice

August 18: Run
:v: NRC 5K W8 || 25 minute recovery run
:v: Daily kicks, day 18
- Front splits stretching
- Poomsae practice

had a bit of a rough week, mentally. So decided to give myself some time to mentally deal with that instead of trying to use the few spoons I had to get myself to do weight work. Overall will re-start weight training next week, with a clean slate.
Much more positive stuff: taekwondo practice again! Oh, how I've missed it. Was very pleasantly surprised with how my kick work at home has been improving my kicks during class, especially once properly warmed up. My naeryo (axe kick in English, I believe) range had improved and it doesnt feel like I am on the verge of snapping things when I do so anymore. My turning kicks and how to actually turn my hips into my kicks. I felt disappointed with my progress with semi-cold flexibility (I don't usually warm up very long). I can barely get my back 10 cm down usually. Got my chest all the way down to the floor in practice!

After the warm up & stretching, I got to join in with the poomsae training specifically intended for competition. I might end up trying out competing, just at the very least once. Trying out the scary things. Got out of that session with a few very good pointers (exaggeration of my preparation motions, confidence, working on the long & short stances) that I have & will be incorporating into my poomsae practice).

Maybe I do need to be warming up a bit longer/more.

Current workout streak: 425

BetaCorvi

Mage from Belgium
August 19 - 20
:v: Front Split stretching
:v: Daily kicks, day 19-20

Monday, August 21: Taekwondo
:v: Daily kicks, day 21
:x: 5k long run [in prep for taekwondo - need to re-work running schedule now Monday practice is back]

Tuesday, August 22: Push
:v: Push workout (PPL program day 17) [8 kgs]
:v: Daily kicks, day 22

Kind of missing having a program to work. Might have to see if I can add something light back in.

Current workout streak: 429

BetaCorvi

Mage from Belgium
Wednesday, August 23: Rest
:x: Taekwondo Practice
:v: Dani Winks Hamstring Stretching Routine
:v: Daily kicks, day 23

Thursday, August 24: Pull
:v: PPL: Pull B [8 kg]
:v: Daily kicks, day 24

Friday, August 25: Rest
:x: Long Run [Been stormy & thundering most of the morning, didn't want to go run in that]
:x: Ab workout [Forgot]
:v: Daily kicks, day 25

Saturday, August 26: Leg day
:v: PPL: Legs B [8 kg]
:v: Daily kicks, day 23

Sunday, August 27: Taekwondo
:v: Daily kicks, day 27

Monday, August 28: Run
:v: Zombies Run 5K Trainer, W5D1
:v: Daily kicks, day 28
- Poomsae practice
- Back kick & Momdollyeo practice

The garage has been overtaken by kitchen cabinets while paint dried, and afterwards some of the mess that needed to be cleaned up, so I haven't really had much space for overall kicking practice. Plenty of times where I've had enough time home alone to do my daily kicks, but not enough for my full kicking practice. Hope to get some time/be able to make some space today.

With the end of the month upcoming, I think I need to make some more adaptations to my routines. Most of these, to be honest are just ways to limit the amount of thinking that I have to do about it:
  1. Split up kick form practice into specific days, so each kick can get the practice it deserves. Or maybe just start with a different kick each time? So they get done with fresh legs, and not by the end. Something needs to change a bit.
  2. Set up a designated ab workout each week. Not having to think about which work out to do really is helping with keeping consistent with the rest of the workouts.
  3. Set up a base workout for my poomsae practice, so I have a minimum guide to do and don't think up the things I want to run through.
Current workout streak: 435

BetaCorvi

Mage from Belgium
Tuesday, August 29: Push
:v: PPL program day 21, 8 kg
:v: Daily Kicks, day 29

Plans for Wednesday, August 30
:x: Taekwondo
:x: Zombies Run 5K, W5D2
:v: Daily kicks, day 30

Managed to get a routine written out for poomsae practice last night - the rest still to plan/write out. Wednesday plans are very provisionary cause on 5 hours of very interrupted sleep I need to manage what I can do with the energy I have. The running & taekwondo practice on their own might be more energy than I currently have. But I'll have to see whether it improves.

Current workout streak: 437

Last edited:

BetaCorvi

Mage from Belgium
Friday, August 1: Ab day
:v: The Art of Abs

Saturday, August 2: Leg day
:x: Skipped

Sunday, August 3: Taekwondo
:v: Taekwondo training

Monday, August 4: Rest
:v: Day 1 - 3 Samery Moras 30-day martial arts challenge
:v: Poomsae practice: taegeuk il jang & taebaek

Spent the weekend at a friends' placce, so couldn't quite follow my normal workout schedules, such as stretching & leg work.
The Samery Moras challenge is placed online day by day, and a little bit late for my time, so I'll probably stick to doing the previous day. So far, am loving the variety in the techniques, especially the more demo-y techniques (flying/jumping side kicks, for example) are not techniques I practice much at all. Am very rusty at them still, but they are fun to mess around with.

Current workout streak: 442

BetaCorvi

Mage from Belgium
Tuesday, August 5: Recovery day
:x: Recovery Run -> :v: 30 min on elliptical; trying to keep to Z2
:v: Day 4 Martial Arts Challenge (cross crunches, slide back roundhouse kicks, leg lifts)
:v: Poomsae practice: taegeuk ee jang (+ keumgang, but didn't have enough room)
:x: Kick range work
:x: Push workout [Forgot, somehow]

Wednesday, August 6: Run
:v: Zombies! Run 5K trainer, W5D2
:x: Day 5 Martial Arts Challenge (20 min youtube video)
:x: Stretching

Thursday, August 7: Upper body day
:v: Runner's Strength: Upper body [in lieu of Push & Pull day]
:v: Day 5 Martial Arts Challenge (20 min youtube video)
:x: day 6 Martial Arts Challenge [Frog & pigeon stretch, wall splits] -> moved to Friday
:x: Front splits stretching, B. -> moved to Friday
:v: Poomsae practice [taegeuk sa jang, sam jang, and pal jang + Koryo]

The heat definitely has been messing with my plans. Getting up a bunch earlier for my run helped keep it doable without turning into a puddle of sweat, but at 32 °C my room gets a bit too warm to work out in. Going to have to figure that out later today, probably because there isn't any cardio, I'll try and brave it and bring more water. It's September, I need my fall weather!

Current workout streak: 445

Last edited:

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Pronouns: You there
"Every world spins in pain. If there is any kind of supreme being... it is up to all of us to become his moral superior. Vetinari/Pratchett"
Yeah, weather just keeps getting worse. It might be worth to invest in AC's for the summer months, even in Europe. Actually, your higher temperatures (not average temps) were higher than ours.

BetaCorvi

Mage from Belgium
Yeah, weather just keeps getting worse. It might be worth to invest in AC's for the summer months, even in Europe. Actually, your higher temperatures (not average temps) were higher than ours.
Absolutely! Once I move out of my parents' home, it's definitely gonna be a prioritized purchase for me - even if just to be able to cool one or two areas and be able to sleep at night.

Though I will say, I am dealing much much better with these temps than I was the first time we got these temperatures in the beginning of the summer. So I guess there's also some adaptation?

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Pronouns: You there
"Every world spins in pain. If there is any kind of supreme being... it is up to all of us to become his moral superior. Vetinari/Pratchett"
I don't know... I grew up without air-conditioning. It wasn't very common until the early 2000's (yes, I'm old) but it has a way of sneaking up on you... 🤷‍♀️

BetaCorvi

Mage from Belgium
August 8 - 10
:v: Poomsae workouts, every day, bits of stretching
:v: Martial arts challenge, day 6, 7 [skipped day 8 - the mile run]
:v: Front & side flexibility B
:v: Martial arts challenge, day 9

Got a bit of a cold - sore throat, loads of mucus in my lungs, so I decided to skip the more intense work outs in favor of healing up. Feeling loads better already. Just getting my lungs back in order. Sad about having to miss taekwondo training, it feels like these past few weeks overal have been very spotty/inconsistent at best. Blah.

Current workout streak: 448

Last edited:

BetaCorvi

Mage from Belgium
Thank you, guys! :love: @Gandhalfit @JCU @CODawn @Fremen @Mamatigerj @Anek @Mianevem @Tileenah

August 11 - 12
:v: Martial arts challenge, day 10
:x: Martial arts challenge, day 11: youtube workout - video wasn't posted until 11 pm last night
:v: poomsae practice: taegeuk il jang & taebaek; taegeuk ee jang & keumgang
:v: Push workout A (PPL program day 21), 8 kg with lowest set counts, did the

August 13: Run
:v: Zombies, Run! 5K training: W5D3
:v: Martial arts challenge, day 11: Youtube workout
:v: Martial arts challenge, day 12: flexibility
:v: poomsae practice: taegeuk sam jang & koryo

Testing going out for a run - I should be fine, but you never really know.

Edit: run went great - did keep it down a bit: 1 min walk/1 min run for the first 10 min freeform run, and walked back. But my lungs didn't act up and I wasn't out of breath or anything. So I'll call that a win!

Had a tiny bit more challenge with the full youtube workout, but nothing too bad. Did feel a bit lazy that day 11 ended up being day 12 - 16 of the challenge combined into one workout. At least now all the videos for the following days are also available on time, and I don't have to make guesses based on the description of the kicks/session.

Current workout streak: 451

Last edited:

BetaCorvi

Mage from Belgium
Thursday, August 14: Pull day
:v: Martial arts challenge, day 13: Stepper drills, shadow sparring, bag (or in my case, air) kicks
:v: Pull A workout (8 kg)
:v: poomsae practice: taegeuk sa jang & taegeuk pal jang

Pal jang does remain my least favorite taegeuk - my brain keeps messing up the steps. Getting better at it slowly, I think.

Feeling like I am doing too little these past few days, but I'll be going on vacation next week so I can't really add a program without running behind immediately. Probably won't get much workout in on vacation (except maybe some evening stretches?) but plenty of walking to make up for it.

Current workout streak: 452

BetaCorvi

Mage from Belgium
Friday, August 15: Ab day
:v: Lazy Abs workout
:x: Martial arts challenge, day 14
:x: Long Run
:v: Poomsae practice: Taegeuk oh jang & taegeuk chil jang

Saturday, August 16: rest
:v: Poomsae practice: Taegeuk yuk jang,
:x: Martial arts challenge, day 15

Finding it really difficult to remember the martial arts challenge, because part of my brain is very much thinking 'okay, but I've done this already'. Body said "absolutely no way" to leg work/anything jumpy these past two days, so I obliged. All good - means I'll be able to go on vacation with a bit more peace of mind.

Current workout streak: 454